sportsczy
Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:04 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I'd save Reguilon for a CDR game or a league game. Against a bitter rival in the supercup - might be too high of stakes. He's been good so far, but that might be too much of the deep end for him. i'd prefer Nacho for some more reliability.
Tbh Reguillon has shown how feisty he can be alot this preseason. You wouldn't think he came straight from Castilla. I think he can match Atleti's intensity. Even on the ball he's been very daring even in our own box. I doubt Lope will start him though. If Varane plays I think it'll be Nacho at LB

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:51 am

I expect us to crush atletico.

sports, kroos as holding mid may not be such a bad idea. it just means the Midfield has to work harder.
personally I prefer all my mids to be great handling and passing the ball. ball recovery is a responsibility of the team anyways. i think our team pressing has improved to the point we dont need a dm. we'll see if Lopetegui is bold enough to attempt it.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 am

Re: potential starting line up
Only one I'm seeing not starting is Casemiro. Could easily see both Marcelo and Varane starting particularly the latter. Don't see anything particularly wrong with Varane.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Ordi is already out with an injury, supposedly out for a few weeks.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm

You are not allowed to lose to this face:

Spoiler:

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:38 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Ordi is already out with an injury, supposedly out for a few weeks.

He was already back on the field, working with the ball in the latest training session video.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Ramos on Ronaldo calling Juve more of a family compared to RM

Here were have always felt like a family, so I don't know what he was talking about," Ramos said at a pre-UEFA Super Cup press conference in Tallinn.

"We have had lots of success, which is because we are a family and he was part of that family, which we have continued to have.

"It's obviously a negative when you lose a player like Cristiano Ronaldo, but we can continue to win and in Real Madrid's history many have come and gone, but Real Madrid continue to win.

"No one is above Real Madrid, whatever happens Real Madrid will continue to live on and it was his choice to leave.

"The decisions are not mine to make, but the doors are always open to those that want to be part of Real Madrid.

"Losing Ronaldo was hard, but no player is above Real Madrid and we still have the hunger to improve and win more titles.

"The mindset we have is more important than any individuals in the team."

I am glad we have Ramos as a captain. Probably the only guy along with Xabi to stand up to Ronaldo. Ronaldo has been muy triste for 9 whole years at RM despite Perez going out of his way to make him feel loved. He is a legend but he was so annoying
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm

I wouldn't read too much into it, and to be completely fair he was very respectful of Madrid:

1. He said that Real Madrid is by far the most demanding club in the world. To me that's a compliment and I really take pride in that.

2. He said Juventus is one of the biggest clubs in the world, and the same thing for United. He only called Real Madrid the biggest club in the world.

3. Regardless of what he says now, I'll be forever grateful to what he did for us. The man is a living legend and he deserved to retire here.

4. The second he took off his Madrid shirt, I stopped caring and following him. I wish him well, but only Madrid concerns me, and he's no longer part of its family.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:17 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Ramos on Ronaldo calling Juve more of a family compared to RM

Here were have always felt like a family, so I don't know what he was talking about," Ramos said at a pre-UEFA Super Cup press conference in Tallinn.

"We have had lots of success, which is because we are a family and he was part of that family, which we have continued to have.

"It's obviously a negative when you lose a player like Cristiano Ronaldo, but we can continue to win and in Real Madrid's history many have come and gone, but Real Madrid continue to win.

"No one is above Real Madrid, whatever happens Real Madrid will continue to live on and it was his choice to leave.

"The decisions are not mine to make, but the doors are always open to those that want to be part of Real Madrid.

"Losing Ronaldo was hard, but no player is above Real Madrid and we still have the hunger to improve and win more titles.

"The mindset we have is more important than any individuals in the team."

I am glad we have Ramos as a captain. Probably the only guy along with Xabi to stand up to Ronaldo. Ronaldo has been muy triste for 9 whole years at RM despite Perez going out of his way to make him feel loved. He is a legend but he was so annoying

Such a spoiled ungrateful brat. He would have been irelevant a long time ago had he played for another club.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:46 pm

he is at a new club, what do y'all expect him to say? its all PR, as demon said, we're reading too much into it, if ramos or any players want to react to anything, it should be on the pitch...prove we can win meaningful titles going forward without cr. media talk is what it is, just talk. didn't consider either comments a big deal at all...was going to pretend it didn't even happen till i read the comments here
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:10 am

He played for United and was absolutely amazing so no, he won't have been irrelevant Valk, pls, not like this lol.

Also, I love how Madrid fans are taking the piss and totally forgot he ditched United pretty easily when he came to the club.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:08 am

I don't know everytime he talks about United it's all positive. But he continues to beat the drum that there was no love at Madrid

Anyways he's not our problem now.

Like you say we need to win the trophies to show that we've moved on. Starting by beating Pathetico
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:25 pm

According to Marca Atletico's squad is more expensive than us. i can't believe it Laughing
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Doesn't surprise me. Out of the starters only Bale cost more than 40mill. Yet Simeone always goes on about Atleti not being able to challenge us due to budget disparity. Funny guy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:37 pm

That analysis is based on transfer costs.

The true measure is by salary, after all transfer costs are treated as capital expenditures and written off / depreciated over time.

When looking at salary load, there is no comparison.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:13 pm

oh please Bill, don't feed me that BS. Here's what matters at the end of the day:

1. Does Simeone have a competitive squad? Yes, he does.
2. Does he receive enough funds to go after his targets? Yes, he does. He has spent Ā£111.15m so far in this transfer window, 100m last year and 80m the year before last. He's outspending Madrid on all fronts. And as of now, his squad is officially more valuable than Madrid's.

3. Does AtlƩtico has enough spending power to keep its stars from leaving elsewhere to better their contracts? They sure do (ask Griezmann).

4. Should we buy into his "oh we're just a poor, powerless village club competing against an evil corporation" BS? Nope.

5. Does he have any excuses to lose or not win any major trophies? Nope.

This all boils down to a cowardly pretender with pathetic mind games. A man who was smart enough to realize a long time ago that he only thrives as an underdog. A man who should be sat down and told, very clearly, that because of all the money he has spent and all the trophies he has won all these years, he can no longer be considered an underdog. A man who is clearly in desperate need of a well-deserved hot cup of shut the *bleep* up.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:30 pm

? Lol. Jeez DoC, calm down. You get so angry- it is just a game after all.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm sorry, did I come across as being angry? I really wasn't. I was just reveling in delineating Simeone's hypocrisy.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:45 pm

I read somewhere that the top 10 La Liga teams have outspent us recently in terms of net spend. So it's not really much of accomplishment anymore.

We're acting like a village club more than anyone else lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Our net spend has been ridiculously low recently, I think positive, so it is not hard to beat.

Atletico have spent very very well. I am a bit envious of some of their signings, Rodri in particular.

And what is even more crazy is how long they have some players under contract for. Gimenez 2023, Lucas Hernandez 2024, Rodri 2023, Saul 2026 (what how), Koke (2024), Griezmann 2023.

I am sure there are more and crazier ones but they have basically their entire team outside of Godin locked down for 5 or more years. Saul with 8 years remaining.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:12 pm

i think Atleti are just as talented as us and Barca if I'm honest. Made CL Finals recently. I mean come on. They're like Barca to me... you want to win but they can easily beat us too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:23 pm

I tipped Atleti to either win LL or CL, and I have felt more confident about that prediction as time has gone on. They took a huge leap forward this summer by locking down key players on contracts, bringing in more attacking talent in Lemar, and midfield support in Rodri.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:33 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I tipped Atleti to either win LL or CL, and I have felt more confident about that prediction as time has gone on. They took a huge leap forward this summer by locking down key players on contracts, bringing in more attacking talent in Lemar, and midfield support in Rodri.

Plus they have a great coach who's been there a while, the core having played together a long time under the same system, etc.

Honestly, i think they're the favorites nobody likes to admit.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:58 pm

They are in the no excuses category as Atletico are legitimately no longer an under dog. They are part of the big boys, they certainly spend like one too.

As for us, well, we did our huge spending years ago and it has (somehow) paid off hugely with the 4 CLs in 5 years so we don't need to spend as much. I don't see us moving like a village club at all though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:03 pm

Modric not starting, Casemiro and Marcelo are!

Navas; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Casemiro, Kroos, Isco; Bale, Benzema, Asensio

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Little dissapointed with Lope tbh for starting Casemiro and Marcelo but I understand he wants to play the best team to get the best start in his reign
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next