Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

+45
Thimmy
Vibe
Turok_TTZ
danyjr
guest_07
jibers
Superstone Mariomintsch
Kick
Clutch
titosantill
BusterLfc
Casciavit
guest7
chad4401
Unique
Winter is Coming
M99
Hapless_Hans
boyzis
Art Morte
Zees
farfan
sportsczy
Doc
Nishankly
terrance511
ronalessi
FalcaoPunch
S
BarcaLearning
Mr Nick09
Firenze
The Demon of Carthage
Robespierre
VanDeezNuts
The Madrid One
Harmonica
zigra
Valkyrja
Freeza
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
Lucifer
Mamad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
49 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:36 pm

just read this entire thread ffs

unreal amount of heat, don't think I've ever seen something like this before

you still make a valid point though Molenation

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Casciavit wrote:just read this entire thread ffs

Yep. Cant entirely disagree with the premise of Mole's post. He does have a point.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm

S wrote:

Yep. Cant entirely disagree with the premise of Mole's post. He does have a point.

The three CLs are memorable and all the goals & comebacks but this team itself is not. He should have worded it different! IMO
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 4 Tumblr_oyc96jFArP1wd3w06o1_500
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:47 pm

I forgot about the Wolfsburg comeback. Unreal banter after the first leg, can't believe they almost went out to those numpties then went on to win it.

though IIRC I was hyping Wolfsburg that season after they beat us in the groups lol
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
chad4401 wrote:Because Madrid brings out the salt in fans and pundits, how many finals were the team expected to lose? Like all of them:lol:, end of the day it doesn't matter how much its talk about or not, its historical and will forever be mentioned going forward.

I got chad to post again.

Thread is instantly more memorable than any of Madrid's CLs :bow:

He posted earlier this week about Benzema
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Allow it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Firenze wrote:I forgot about the Wolfsburg comeback. Unreal banter after the first leg, can't believe they almost went out to those numpties then went on to win it.

though IIRC I was hyping Wolfsburg that season after they beat us in the groups lol

and that was Wolfsburg AFTER they sold De Bruyne lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Mole would have made a valid point for me if it weren't totally based on his own personal point of view. In fact, he does not like Real Madrid so it's difficult to see this as just another expression of his disdain. He didn't provide anything bar saying "every time" and "everyone".

It's made even more concrete when Madrid hater no.2 Hans and kinda Madrid hater Cas agrees with it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:06 pm

and why am I not Madrid hater no. 1?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:07 pm

I don't have an opinion tbh, the thread is based on reactions i have seen to the subject matter at hand.

This isn't my opinion, as you know full well i don't watch football so how could have an opinion about something i don't know about?

I was asking a question about a subject matter i have learnt from in the years since and used the reaction to each part to form what the general opinion was.

From what i've seen most don't remember these CLs all too well compared to their peers.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Please it's going to take another 100 years before we get a 3peat CL winner
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:and why am I not Madrid hater no. 1?

Mole came first so he is obviously no. 1. What's wrong with 2nd?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm

guest7 wrote:Please it's going to take another 100 years before we get a 3peat CL winner

Yeah I'd disagree. I can see Champions Leagues 2030-2118 being all won by Google FC tbh
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Doc wrote:

Coming 2nd is nothing. Makes me look like a serial loser ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12 pm

guest7 wrote:Please it's going to take another 100 years before we get a 3peat CL winner

Achievement =/= Memorable.

Which a lot of people in this thread don't seem to get. I'm not asking the question of whether Madrid's CLs were not a great achievement.

I'm not that stupid, Nick in the Messi thread argued history remembers the winners.

This thread is case in point as to why history doesn't always remember the winners.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Since when are achievements not memorable?

Mole you should know this more than anyone, Newcastle are the most forgettable club ever. And why? Because they haven't achieved anything.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Depends on the achievement I suppose.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Achievement =/= Memorable.

Which a lot of people in this thread don't seem to get. I'm not asking the question of whether Madrid's CLs were not a great achievement.

I'm not that stupid, Nick in the Messi thread argued history remembers the winners.

This thread is case in point as to why history doesn't always remember the winners.

History always remember the winners, and always forget about the runner-ups.

You can keep telling yourself that trophies don't matter, but they are the most important thing in world football.

Carlo's Madrid in 2015 (and specifically in the first half of the season) played some breathtaking football and beat Guardiola's record of successive wins, yet the only thing people remember that year is that Madrid finished trophyless.

Maybe you dislike Madrid so much that you're willing to belittle their achievements to make yourself feel better. I get that. You're free to dislike whoever you want. But that doesn't change the fact that what Madrid has achieved in recent years in the CL is nothing short of miraculous, and you can bet whatever you'd like that it'll forever stay carved in history and remembered by every football fan around the globe.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Yeah that's completely incorrect, please don't make me bring up every team that didn't win which history remembers even fondly than than the winners themselves.

There's plenty of teams throughout history who win who people have forgotten.

This is kind of why i made the thread, to dispel this ridiculous notion that history remembers the winners. They really don't, but i see your still holding to your ridiculous ideology.

Hell there's probably more winners which have been lost to history than losers tbh, just look at all the CL winners over the last 20 years they are all largely forgettable save a few exceptions.

This idea that history remembers the winners needs to die, it's a myth which has been repeated so many times people have begun to accept it as fact when it's not even close.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 pm

What runners-up are we remembering over the winner exactly?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:38 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:What runners-up are we remembering over the winner exactly?

It's very ironic someone from the Netherlands would say this....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Yeah, we were runners-up 2 WC's in a row during a great period of Dutch football, but the only reason that period is remembered is because of Cruyff and total football, had we won no one would shut up about it, but no one wants to talk about the losses. The Euro win in 88 is more prominently talked about. Plus, I would hardly say anyone remembers or cares when we lost to Spain in 2010.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:04 am

this is all subjective, i don't know who these people are that remember or don't remember any of this. neither do i know who these people are that talk about one team's ucl win over another. this just seems like an assumption pulled out the air...not that there's anything wrong with that, its what football banter is all about. there isn't any nostalgic feel of it, as this only happened last year, but whatever. this seems to me more like a "madrid should be stripped of all their UCL titles because we don't think people remember them" thread. i prefer that name

all due respect to those who forgot, when you've won that many its understandable to forget some.....and ruud gullit is the best dutch player of all time
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:13 am

The reputation of that dutch team has already faded a lot and will fade even more with every year that passes.
It's now mostly a side note when people talk about Cruijff dominating Europe with Ajax.

History won't remember the team.

Anyway strange thread. You can't seriously think you can judge if neutrals care or don't care more about this (or another) Madrid team than about other teams.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:42 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Doc wrote:

Coming 2nd is nothing. Makes me look like a serial loser ffs
well, you are a Bayern fan Laughing

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next