S
VanDeezNuts
Mr Nick09
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
31 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Zinedine Zidane, Manchester United Manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane, Manchester United Manager

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Probably Pogba's instagram posts get delayed because Ed Woodward is using up all the bandwidth of the Carrington WiFi nonstop whatsapping images of Disneyland Paris to Zizou

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Zinedine Zidane, Manchester United Manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane, Manchester United Manager

Post by titosantill Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:32 pm

i don't feel good about zidane coaching another side (that isn't his national team), besides madrid. i hope this doesn't pan out
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:37 pm

titosantill wrote:i don't feel good about zidane coaching another side (that isn't his national team), besides madrid. i hope this doesn't pan out

Why not? He's a professional football manager and he has every right to do so. I'm actually all for it because, and even though he won a lot with us, I'm still curious to see him coach a team that doesn't already have well-established world beaters.

If he succeeds with United, he'll prove once and for all that luck wasn't the main factor in his success with Madrid.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Tbh, Man U need zizou badly...  forget the results.  They need sanity, class and someone who will bring some calmness to the club.  The place is a madhouse right now.

They need his presence more than his coaching ability.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:47 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
titosantill wrote:i don't feel good about zidane coaching another side (that isn't his national team), besides madrid. i hope this doesn't pan out

Why not? He's a professional football manager and he has every right to do so. I'm actually all for it because, and even though he won a lot with us, I'm still curious to see him coach a team that doesn't already have well-established world beaters.

If he succeeds with United, he'll prove once and for all that luck wasn't the main factor in his success with Madrid.

You can't win 3 UCL's in a row with luck and you know that, you are a clever guy  Smile . You have to have something that's only yours, something special, mentally speaking...I mean the attitude of the players on the pitch. There was an unbelievable quality of football played by at least 16 players in the squad year after year. So, he indeed had an incredible or almost perfect squad with the most in form Ronaldo ever, but still...just because a lot of people here or in the media call Zidane or Real Madrid lucky doesn't mean it's true. Zidane is a great coach. He succeeded in getting the most out of his players. Top lad.

I would love to see Zidane at United. I am not sure if there's any chance for this to happen, but I have hopes. Until that, I hope we lose next two games in EPL and it will be impossible for the board not to sack Mourinho in that situation. However, I hope we'll play well against Valencia and beat them, so the next coach will have a chance to fight for the European spring.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

You can't win 3 UCL's in a row with luck and you know that, you are a clever guy  Smile . You have to have something that's only yours

I assume you're referring to Cüneyt Cakir's loyalty
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:

You can't win 3 UCL's in a row with luck and you know that, you are a clever guy  Smile . You have to have something that's only yours

I assume you're referring to Cüneyt Cakir's loyalty

I said you can't win 3 UCL's in a row with luck. Isn't it logical? In spite of the referee mistakes and all the scandals related to these things, there was another level of quality in their game and it was easy to see it. And ok, you win one with the refs, you win two, but three UCL's in a row? If you still think it happened because of luck, then you should all stop watching UCL... if not it means you don't have any principles regarding this and you are lying yourselves deliberately. Why would someone watch a competition for years if he or she believes it's only run by luck or corruption? It would be a nonsense.

Later Edit:
Sorry, I got carried away, it's only now that I got the joke about Cakir. rofl

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:57 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

You can't win 3 UCL's in a row with luck and you know that, you are a clever guy Smile . You have to have something that's only yours, something special, mentally speaking...I mean the attitude of the players on the pitch. There was an unbelievable quality of football played by at least 16 players in the squad year after year. So, he indeed had an incredible or almost perfect squad with the most in form Ronaldo ever, but still...just because a lot of people here or in the media call Zidane or Real Madrid lucky doesn't mean it's true. Zidane is a great coach. He succeeded in getting the most out of his players. Top lad.

When you solely look at his trophy haul, luck doesn't seem to be the main factor behind it. But as a Madrid fan, let me tell you that there were countless times when you can clearly see that his tactical plan was failing miserably and the only thing that saved him that day was the individual brilliance of his players.

This is not to say that he only won through it. Absolutely not; there were times when the players weren't delivering and his subs were the only thing that saved us that day. But overall, he doesn't really come across as a brilliant tactician.

Zidane's strength lies in his class and god-like motivational abilities. He could convince his players that they can beat God and they would follow him to the gates of hell.

What I loved most about him is the fact that he's classy. Forget about Carlo, he's nothing compared to Zidane. Never complains about the referees, never throws his players under the bus and even keeps his calm when his team scores the winner at the death in a CL final. I looved that about him.

If you're looking for someone to calm the waters and help you repair a broken dressing room, he's your guy and no one come close. If you're looking to play champagne football and beat teams convincingly, he shouldn't be at the very top of your list.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:01 pm

As a Madrid fan, I agree and disagree with DoC

If it was that easy, someone else would have done it.  We had the same squad basically since the Bale signing... and Bale was signed in 2013.  Not to mention all the other great squads over the decades and the last one to do something similar was Bayern back in the 70s.

His tactical acumen is underrated because his man skills are out of this world. You can't win with just man management the way he did. His tactics are pragmatic... not stylistic.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

You can't win 3 UCL's in a row with luck and you know that, you are a clever guy  Smile . You have to have something that's only yours, something special, mentally speaking...I mean the attitude of the players on the pitch. There was an unbelievable quality of football played by at least 16 players in the squad year after year. So, he indeed had an incredible or almost perfect squad with the most in form Ronaldo ever, but still...just because a lot of people here or in the media call Zidane or Real Madrid lucky doesn't mean it's true. Zidane is a great coach. He succeeded in getting the most out of his players. Top lad.

When you solely look at his trophy haul, luck doesn't seem to be the main factor behind it. But as a Madrid fan, let me tell you that there were countless times when you can clearly see that his tactical plan was failing miserably and the only thing that saved him that day was the individual brilliance of his players.

This is not to say that he only won through it. Absolutely not; there were times when the players weren't delivering and his subs were the only thing that saved us that day. But overall, he doesn't really come across as a brilliant tactician.

Zidane's strength lies in his class and god-like motivational abilities. He could convince his players that they can beat God and they would follow him to the gates of hell.

What I loved most about him is the fact that he's classy. Forget about Carlo, he's nothing compared to Zidane. Never complains about the referees, never throws his players under the bus and even keeps his calm when his team scores the winner at the death in a CL final. I looved that about him.

If you're looking for someone to calm the waters and help you repair a broken dressing room, he's your guy and no one come close. If you're looking to play champagne football and beat teams convincingly, he shouldn't be at the very top of your list.

Agreed with everything. I've watched a lot of Real Madrid's games in the past two seasons (I'd say over half of them). But it's normal to be saved by individual brilliance at some level, isn't it? You think Man United won everything because of SAF's tactical masterclass? Not really, top individual performances were so often very welcome in his days.

I put in bold what I think is the most important thing about Zidane that Man United needs right now. The elegance and the capacity to unite a divided group of players, we really need that. We have the money to pay him, hopefully we'll see Mou sacked, only then I will start hoping for real that we can sign Zinedine.

I think we really do have a great squad, not the best, not the second in EPL, not sure if top 4 (I'm not talking about money invested or market value), but with a strong and with great potential core of players.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:07 pm

hope he can motivate Pogba and Martial
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Zidane is only going to Juventus. Mark my words
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm

It'd be the smart choice for sure, akin to Pep choosing Bayern. That said I think Allegri will be there quite some time, so nah.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Firenze wrote:It'd be the smart choice for sure, akin to Pep choosing Bayern. That said I think Allegri will be there quite some time, so nah.

Read he is interested in becoming sport director. Didn't their current sport director just leave?

He is definitely playing the long game with Juventus IMO. Allegri will retire out of respect for the greatness of Zidane
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:21 pm

Most likely Pochettino will jump the ship for 15m
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:22 pm

He wants to be a manager, not a sporting director. And he said it live on French TV that he wants to manage sooner rather than later.

No long game here. Zidane will coach a team very soon.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:55 pm

man-managing tops tactical skills anyday imo. anybody can go on youtube and draw up tactical game plans that sound strategic and innovative, not anybody can run a team of different personalities, get the best out of players' strengths and weaknesses. and at the end of the day, the so called "great" coaches all had great players....all of them
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Six pages already?

Surely where there's smoke, there's fire hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Zinedine Zidane’s agent insists Manchester United are “not compatible” with his approach to football, but he “could be seduced” by Juventus.

The Coach is currently a free agent after leaving Real Madrid, having won three consecutive editions of the Champions League.

He has been heavily linked with the Old Trafford job currently held by Jose Mourinho.

“I don’t think he’ll go to work in England, as it is not compatible with his style or approach to football,” agent Alain Migliaccio told French newspaper Journal du Dimanche.

“I discussed it with him and the idea really doesn’t attract him at all. He has chosen to take a Sabbatical year and won’t change his mind on that.”

When asked about the possibility of Juventus, either as a Coach replacing Max Allegri next season or a directorial role, the agent’s tune changed.

“There is history there, so it’s entirely possible. He could be seduced by the club where his heart already lies, but a magnificent project.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:48 pm

England in general, not United. Clickbait numpties like you falling for it.

and of course England isn't compatible with him. It's competitive. Will go to Bayern or Juve.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:49 pm

He lowkey dissed you

Dont deny it numpty
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6