S
VanDeezNuts
Mr Nick09
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
31 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Zinedine Zidane, Manchester United Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane, Manchester United Manager

Post by Blue Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:41 pm

The squad is obviously underperforming under Mou, but my gawd United squad sucks. Literally there is not a player at United that would start at Chelsea or City.

Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Zinedine Zidane, Manchester United Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane, Manchester United Manager

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 pm

If Tuchel flops badly and he gets sacked, PSG will seem like the obvious choice. Juve as well if Allegri leaves at the end of this season.

If neither of those scenarios occur then United seems like the next choice.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
farfan wrote:He won't risk going there.

He'll probably leverage his Madrid success and follow Guardiola's career management plan: Take over stacked squads with the deepest pockets in their leagues.
and how many teams are in that situation? where you anticipate a job opening next year?

Bayern and Niko Kovac
PSG and Thomas Tuchel

Who knows though, Allegri might disappoint in the next year and Juve wanting to make the most of Cristiano appoint Zidane instead. Football can be pretty unpredictable.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Blue wrote:The squad is obviously underperforming under Mou, but my gawd United squad sucks. Literally there is not a player at United that would start at Chelsea or City.

you realise how ridiculous that statement is, right? considering we just finished second last season and you finished 5th. The squad isn't great but it's far, far better than how Mou has them playing.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Blue wrote:The squad is obviously underperforming under Mou, but my gawd United squad sucks. Literally there is not a player at United that would start at Chelsea or City.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Pogba wouldn't start over Ross Barkley, Lukaku wouldn't start over Morata, or De Gea wouldn't start over Kepa?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

He'll probably leverage his Madrid success and follow Guardiola's career management plan: Take over stacked squads with the deepest pockets in their leagues.
and how many teams are in that situation? where you anticipate a job opening next year?

Juve? Allegri won't stay there forever.

You also have PSG if/when Tuchel fails in Europe.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Pogba wouldn't start over Ross Barkley, Lukaku wouldn't start over Morata, or De Gea wouldn't start over Kepa?

Morata overall game is much better, as much as i don't rate him. I would still take him over Lukaku.

Is more like Pogba vs Kovacic. If Kovacic is anywhere near as good as the 30m he showed against arsenal he will turn many heads. De Gea has been shaky so far this season. So i guess advantage at this point to Pogba and De Gea if you want to be technical, since both Kepa and Kovacic come with uncertainty.

But honestly my point was how dire Man U squad is. Overall their squad is far behind City, Liverpool, and Chelsea.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Man United squad isnt far behind the rest that's nonsense. THey are just underperforming, doesnt mean they lack quality
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:09 pm

Zidane would be great but I think any positive thinking coach would do Utd some real good. Jose is just sucking any sort of life this club has.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:30 am

The Pogba that played at Juve and the Pogba that played for France at the recent World Cup would walk into any starting 11.

The Pogba that plays under Mourinho would have a hard time cracking Brighton's starting 11.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:57 am

Mourinho has the ability to motivate his players and for that he even goes to media etc m. I think manutd are partly at fault by not getting him the players he need. Mourinho is a winner at the end of the day i.e all that matters.
I think Mourinho is not getting the players he wants to implement his style of play and that is wrong on the part of manutd management. Fans should get behind the team and support Mourinho bcoz united wont be able to get a better manager than him.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:59 am

Zidane is over rated. He inherited a side from Mourinho and left when it was time to transition into a new phase.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:29 am

Eh? You realize that Ancelotti and Rafa each had stints at Madrid before Zidane got there right? Not that I disagree that Zizou is overrated. Then again, I'm not sure many people here rate him that highly

Mou has lost the plot. It's his third season now with United, yeah? His squad has enough quality to not be playing this dull, lifeless, directionless football week in week out. They don't look impressive now. They didn't look impressive last year.

They finished second and I guess that is something United and Mou can hold on to, but without De Gea I think it would have been a different story. Their performance against Sevilla last season suggested as much.

I don't really feel sorry for United fans because they're United fans, but part of me does have sympathy for anyone who has to watch a Mou managed team week in week out
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:02 am

I really have to wonder how it is even possible to consider Zidane 'overrated' when everyone says they don't actually rate him, meanwhile he's won 3 CLs in a row and La Liga too with a Real Madrid team devoid of investement.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:09 am

Why would you need to invest when you have the clutch power of CR7 and Sergio Ramos in the Champions League, and a Barca side that manages to choke harder than Sasha Grey?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:07 am

To be honest, Zidane's squad in 16/17 is probably the most stacked ever assembled. He had Bale, Morata, Kovacic and Vasquez on the bench in the CL final while James Rodriguez was in the stands. Hard not to win the double with such a team, he could have put out 2 completely different 11s and not lose much quality at all
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:10 am

Valkyrja wrote:To be honest, Zidane's squad in 16/17 is probably the most stacked ever assembled. He had Bale, Morata, Kovacic and Vasquez on the bench in the CL final while James Rodriguez was in the stands. Hard not to win the double with such a team, he could have put out 2 completely different 11s and not lose much quality at all
Another rubbish statement by a Madrid fan.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Juve
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:29 am

How people still dont rate Zidane is absolutely beyond me
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:57 am

Perucho21 wrote:How people still dont rate Zidane is absolutely beyond me

Not only that, now some of them are eagerly waiting for him to fail with other teams just so they can feel justified in doubting him all those years. :facepalm:

3 straight years of eating crow must've been really hard.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Allegri is once again going to walk the league and he is not going anywhere lol. He is not gonna pass up this chance to win the CL and to coach CR
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:53 pm

I honestly - and I say this having not read any in depth discussion over the Zidane years in the Madrid section - don't believe any of the Real fans are being disrespectful with their comments regarding Zidane. Most (even outside of GL) have nothing really negative to say about him and are thankful for his historic contribution to the club but aren't prepared to think his farts smell like roses, he clearly has huge question marks around him and isn't the most tactically gifted coach but makes up for it with other strengths.

I hope he does go to Juve tbh as he can probably cultivate a similar atmosphere for himself and the players there as he did at Madrid and excel. His name carries respect everywhere but when the going gets tough some numpty called Lingard isn't going to be roused by a speech in a French accent about how historic the club is. But, even if I said I didn't want him recently, I'd take him yeah..Mourinho is just a black hole for anything positive. I don't want to take risks after 6 years of mediocrity but if it's that or Mourinho then it isn't even a choice. I am 95% sure he won't come here anyway. Juve/PSG is Tuchel flops. Stack those league trophies. He probably takes over at City post Pep too.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:16 pm

What are the question marks?  I ask because Mourinho, Ancellotti and Rafa Benitez had almost the same squad yet didn't achieve anywhere near what ZZ achieved.

In fact, take the best rosters in the history of club football and only 4 achieved like ZZ's Madrid...  Madrid in the 50s, Bayern/Ajax/Liverpool in the 70s and this Madrid.

So was he supposed to deploy footix tactics and achieve less just so he appealed to the so-called message board experts? Why would he change if he's winning? Also, what about the halftime adjustments made against Juve and Liverpool at HT to turn the games around in the finals (when their are microphones in the lockers so you actually know what happened)?

The whole discussion is insane.  He wins 3 CLs in a row and a La Liga in 2.5 years during the Messi era at barca... yet unless he won the double every year, he's not a legendary coach according to some.

People need to get their heads examined honestly.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:18 pm

A very clear question mark would be losing the league in October.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Mourinho's squad was very different tbh, Ancelotti was successful, not as successful but he also had a very different Ronaldo.

Benitez isn't even worth mentioning because the players didn't respect him, also he was criticised for playing Casemiro and when he was pressured into not doing so Barca smashed them and magically Zidane used Casemiro with zero judgment lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:23 pm

rincon wrote:A very clear question mark would be losing the league in October.

According to who? We were 7 points back in January. Barca lost 1 game the whole campaign and that occurred late in the season.

We started out slow (due to squad being unmotivated after all the success) and Barca had a historic run to take full advantage. Even when we got our act together, we were barely making up any ground. So to be pragmatic, we focused on CL.

Juve fans would die to win 1 CL.... let alone 3 in a row.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next