Fifa The Best 2018

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Thimmy on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Atletico Madrid were relatively underwhelming last season, as well. And they still managed to place 2nd in the league, no less than 14 points behind Barcelona. No one's harping on Messi's talent, or lack thereof. We all know how talented he is, but I don't think his level of talent always translates into an equal level of performance. I don't know about you, Barca fans, but if he had been a Real Madrid player, I'd much rather prefer if he stepped up his game in the face of adversity, as opposed to stomping league teams that his team are expected to beat, with or without him. One could argue that he almost single-handedly destroyed Chelsea last season, but I saw a game that Barca looked bound to win eventually, and as much as I hate to say it, a goalkeeper who fell for the same trick twice, and generally looked about as concussed as Loris Karius did in the same tournament.

Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6754
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Beautiful Football on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:35 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Are those numbers supposed to mean anything, beyond the fact that La Liga was a one horse race that Barcelona dominated last season?

And why did they dominate? Because of Messi, right?

Nope. It was more down to Madrid being shit than Barcelona or Messi being dominate. Let me remind you that Madrid were out of the title race in October. That's your direct rival crashing out before the season even begun. Let's not kid ourselves here and pretend that Barcelona and Messi had to overcome a mammoth task to win the league.

It was one of the easiest one-horse title races to win in La Liga history, and it was won by one of the worst Barcelona sides in recent years. That should tell you how crappy your competitions were last season.

Your comment make no sense. How is Real Madrid going to win la liga last season? only way to do is go unbeaten season and thats not going to happen, even with your best ever squad( I believe that last season starting 11 was one of your best ever, and tbh only suitable for 10-15 games in a tournament rather than 38 games.). So what ever level Madrid was playing in la liga is irreverent. simply because even if you play to another level you had to win all 38 games to win la liga.
Last season in laliga barcelona was simply godly doesn't matter what ever you say. By no means it was worst barca team of recent  with the talent of Messi, Suarez ,Coutinhio Busquets etc.. if anything they hugely under performed in UCL. Messi under performed in UCL too.
Barca was so good because of Meesi, as soon as he didn't play one of the last game their unbeaten run ended.
IMO last season was Messi's best Laliga performance in term of wining and big game performance  not stats-wise. Without him No way Barca wining La liga last season, they would have been second to Atletico Madrid.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 666
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Clutch on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:02 am

I mean when it comes down to it, when messi needed to perform or step up, he didnt do it. Its debatable about Ronaldo stepping up in the clutch if you look at the UCL semis and finals but he at least got his team past serie zzz in the quarters.

Clutch
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Kebab on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 am

Ronaldo stepped up in my butt nothing else. Messi stepped up in more big games than him. If Messi was great because lack of competition then Flopnaldo is the reason for this. he flopped and couldnot give a competition to Messi. It goes both ways

avatar
Kebab
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 628
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Cruijf on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Amazing how Real fans will alternate between "our team is the best ever" and "we only lose to Barca because our team is trash" depending on which is convenient Laughing

_________________
"People say football is life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more important than that."
avatar
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3603
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:43 pm

@Cruijf wrote:Amazing how Real fans will alternate between "our team is the best ever" and "we only lose to Barca because our team is trash" depending on which is convenient Laughing

Madrid lost the league in October. Fact.
Madrid had its worst league start to the season in its entire history last season. Fact.

By the 36th round, Barcelona were 18 points ahead of Madrid, something that no even prime Guardiola Barcelona could achieve (I think pep record was 15 if I'm not mistaken).

I'm not trying to belittle your title win, it was certainly deserved. But what I'm trying to say here is, what may be perceived as dominance to you may very well be a lack of motivation and perseverance from Madrid.

Barcelona of 2018 is not even as good as the shadow of prime Pep's Barcelona. Yet statistically speaking, they're up there with them, which goes to show that basing one's entire argument on statistics is an unsound approach.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3556
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Doc on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Also, Real fan, singular, only DoC brought it up and he usually explains his reasoning (and no, what Thimmy wrote doesn't count). I mean, you can literally count the Madrid fans that posted in this topic and what each wrote.

_________________

I told you so
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11669
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Thimmy on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:16 pm

@Cruijf wrote:Amazing how Real fans will alternate between "our team is the best ever" and "we only lose to Barca because our team is trash" depending on which is convenient Laughing


I'm not one of the people who ever claimed that a specific Real Madrid team was, is, or has been "the best, ever". I don't pay much attention to such things.

"We only lose to Barca because our team is trash", is just you shoving words down our throats, in order to fit your narrative. Can't blame you for caring so much about Madrid matters, considering the current state of AC Milan.

_________________
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6754
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:26 am

More or less official that Modric will win the price hmm

Juvr have confirmed that Ronaldo will not attend the award ceremony........due to their game on Wednesday that everyone has


Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19685
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Valkyrja on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 am

Such a brat. Must be awful to share the dressing room with this guy

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10591
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Beautiful Football on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:12 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:More or less official that Modric will win the price hmm

Juvr have confirmed that Ronaldo will not attend the award ceremony........due to their game on Wednesday that everyone has

Anyone surprised? unbelievable shitty mentality. As i said he achieved more than his talent. All his goals etc is over flattered, he basically force his all team mate to pass to him , all penalty, free kick taken by him. 200 shots to score 20 goals etc, ultimate selfish player ever. doesn't care about any club. I simply don't understand how people support this guy who is opposite nature of this beautiful team game.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 666
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Idris with the good old British humour. Nobody understands it at that event
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19685
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 pm

Lol everyone calling Bales goal the best
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19685
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Salahs goal won the puskas award
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19685
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Dechamps wins coach of the year
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19685
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:04 pm

I mean, I really like Salah's goal, but I think Bale's and Ronaldo's goals are better.

Congratulations to him anyway. It was a beautiful goal.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3556
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:24 pm

That's what you ger when you let the fans vote. Egypt won this for Salah. It was such a generic goal no matter how beautiful yoi see those goals regularly. Bale's goal never gets scored and neither Ronaldos
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19685
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Arquitescu on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Love Salah and that goal for us but definitely the most unimpressive goal win for the award I've seen in a long time as clearly some political motive behind it. Bale's goal at the stage it was in and acrobatics was far superior.

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7878
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Absolutely. This is the perfect example to show how unfair the result can be when you let the fans vote.

Bale and Ronaldo's goals are far, far better than Salah's. Congratulations to him, but those two deserve it more than him.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3556
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Luka has won the award. Watch out for Ronaldo's sister, agent, gardener and tailor to cry injustice.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3556
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by boyzis on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 pm

salah should not have won the best goal award. A similar goal was scored by LACA against Everton this weekend.

Clearly Ronaldo and Bale goals were much better.

Disappointed with FIFA Award this year.

avatar
boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 668
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Modric speaking in Spanish to thank specifically RM. Nice, classy player. Now onto Bd'or
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19685
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Also wtf are Alves and DDG doing in the world 11 :facepalm:
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19685
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Unique on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 pm

@Arquitescu wrote:Love Salah and that goal for us but definitely the most unimpressive goal win for the award I've seen in a long time as clearly some political motive behind it. Bale's goal at the stage it was in and acrobatics was far superior.
bales goal was lucky thats why it didnt win. goals like that look spectacular but they are mostly down to luck thats why you dont see many of them.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12839
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Beautiful Football on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:30 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Arquitescu wrote:Love Salah and that goal for us but definitely the most unimpressive goal win for the award I've seen in a long time as clearly some political motive behind it. Bale's goal at the stage it was in and acrobatics was far superior.
bales goal was lucky thats why it didnt win. goals like that look spectacular but they are mostly down to luck thats why you dont see many of them.

Tbh i always thought most of this bicycle goal is mostly down to luck. if it was purely skill based many player with those skill would have scored more. eg. Ibra.
On the other hand dribbling goals are mostly skill based an should be nominated more.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 666
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Unique on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 pm

@Beautiful Football wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Arquitescu wrote:Love Salah and that goal for us but definitely the most unimpressive goal win for the award I've seen in a long time as clearly some political motive behind it. Bale's goal at the stage it was in and acrobatics was far superior.
bales goal was lucky thats why it didnt win. goals like that look spectacular but they are mostly down to luck thats why you dont see many of them.

Tbh i always thought most of this bicycle goal is mostly down to luck. if it was purely skill based many player with those skill would have scored more. eg. Ibra.
On the other hand dribbling goals are mostly skill based an should be nominated more.
Thumbs up Thumbs up

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12839
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum