Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Robespierre on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Surely noone 'd defend CR for a rape here.
Personally I don't care because I feel these are just bulls×its
I can't believe CR has made this , personally not a great fan of crap gossip news, It 's usually stuff for old women who drink cups of tea in the afternoon ( I believe this happens in civilized countries)

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:04 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:We will never "know" who is guilty, we just know that CR didn't feel his case was not completely bulletproof so he decided to cough up the money, which is mighty suspicious but won't give us a definitive answer.

Not quite. There's actually a way we can find out, or at least start to be suspicious. If he did it with her, chances are he did it with someone else. A rapist never actually stops at one, especially when they think they're actually getting away with it. And her lawyers know this. As we speak, they must be turning every stone under the sun to find another victim to strengthen their defense with.

So far, there's still no damning evidence to incriminate him, and she didn't actually help her case either by waiting 10 years and taking a sum of money in exchange for her silence. If she really is telling the truth, if Ronaldo truly raped her, then she really missed the chance to bury him under the prison right then. All she had to do is NOT take his money. You're a rape victim for god's sake. The solution to your problem is to put your rapist behind bars or even execute them, not take money from them in exchange for your silence. Not only did she not help her case but she also agreed to let a rapist continue with his life as if nothing happened. How could she do something like that? Is money all that counts to her? If I were her, I wouldn't take a dime. I would immediately take him to court and make sure he never sees the light of day again.

This is of course assuming that she's telling the truth.

I think you’re underestimating the mental toll it takes to go through a trial after a rape. It almost never leads to a conviction and you have to relive the worst night of your life again and again and again. And it makes it even harder when it’s a famous powerful person, where you to relive it every time you see him and you know you can’t do anything to actually get him convicted.

I agree the ideal thing would’ve been to go after him initially, but it also must be one of the toughest things anyone can endure.

I also think western society has come a long way these past couple of years in regards to supporting rape victims. The initial response in just 2015 would’ve been that of “she’s just trying to blackmail him for money”. I feel we’ve moved away from that. Mostly. In 2009 she would’ve been destroyed by fans even more.

Either way she was basically given no option to come out on top, if the allegations are true.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:06 pm

When there is police investigation regarding a crime, because this would be a crime, it's not gossip.

And this is exactly what I said earlier people already taking hard position without waiting for due process. When Cosby was accused of drugging and raping women many did not believe it too.

Also what you said earlier about women in Italy is no different from the Western world. What you did not address though is the way those same women are objectified on tv, close up on their legs their attire. Women flashing their chest, the way you are basically just putting 10/10 models to populate the screen while men talk football? That's the type of behavior I have seen from sports media in Italy and it's not like that in the US

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:08 pm

@Robespierre wrote:Surely noone 'd defend CR for a rape here.
Personally I don't care because I feel these are just bulls×its
I can't believe CR has made this , personally not a great fan of crap gossip news, It 's usually stuff for old women who drink cups of tea in the afternoon ( I believe this happens in civilized countries)

After you complained about me saying Italy were behind on this stuff compared to the rest of Europe, you make a post like this? Incredible.

This is not gossip. It was reported by one the most reputable papers in Europe and picked up by plenty respected publications throughout the world.

Then when you dismiss it as “female bullshit gossip” you’re kind of proving my initial point.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:13 pm

To be honest I wonder if the reason why those celebrities find themselves in situation where they force themselves on women is actually because they can't believe women would resist them. I mean when you read the stories of those women it's almost always the same, guys because of Fame and power think they have become irresistible and every woman on earth wants to fck them.

Some shocking comments brother Robes

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:01 pm

I'll sit back and wait to see. We often hear allegations like this that turn out to be BS, there's definitely something here, for sure, but to what extent the allegations are true, we don't know. I'll let the investigation play out.

All I know is I wouldn't be completely surprised if it was a case where the woman had blown through the initial payoff from years ago and is now trying to squeeze more money from him.

@Mr Nick09 wrote:To be honest I wonder if the reason why those celebrities find themselves in situation where they force themselves on women is actually because they can't believe women would resist them. I mean when you read the stories of those women it's almost always the same, guys because of Fame and power think they have become irresistible and every woman on earth wants to fck them.

Especially in the case of CR7 who quite literally has the biggest example of a god complex in modern history that I can think of IMO. Wouldn't surprise me at all either if this were the case.

I just hope the investigation is handled properly and no corruption involved.
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:26 pm

If the leaked CR quotes confirming her story are true then there is no way this is "gossip"

Anyways the criminal investigation will sort this out in a few months/years

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:52 pm

How do you investigate the events if it was him and her in the room and it's going to be his word against hers?
If she went to the police the day after to report rape and nothing followed, why should something follow nine years on?
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:56 pm

@Art Morte wrote:How do you investigate the events if it was him and her in the room and it's going to be his word against hers?
If she went to the police the day after to report rape and nothing followed, why should something follow nine years on?

"Nothing followed" because she didnt want to press charges against him, because she was too scared for the public outcome. She kept the rapist anonymous. Her lawyer advised her to settle outside of court. Now she has filed a civil case and the Las Vegas police re-opened the case.
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Internacional

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:11 pm

@Art Morte wrote:How do you investigate the events if it was him and her in the room and it's going to be his word against hers?

From what I'm reading there was a police report, they used the rape kit, they documented her bruises, etc, they just decided not to prosecute until the victim was ready.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:50 pm

I gotta say I'm in two minds about these "years after" rape allegations of late. I get it that the victim might not mentally be ready or willing to pursue the accusation straight after. But I also cannot help but feel that it shouldn't take years to decide that "I'm reporting it".
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:40 pm

-25% offensive language
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:43 pm

@Kebab wrote:

this is disgusting, you are a piece of shit

-25% insulting other users

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:48 pm

@Art Morte wrote:I gotta say I'm in two minds about these "years after" rape allegations of late. I get it that the victim might not mentally be ready or willing to pursue the accusation straight after. But I also cannot help but feel that it shouldn't take years to decide that "I'm reporting it".

I don't think that matters, unless there is some sort of statute of limitations in play here then clearly, legally it doesn't, for one. Credibility wise, sure, but as everyone has pointed out, she obviously had enough to earn a settlement originally, and now re-open the suit.

The main thing here will be voiding the Settlement Agreement they reached.

Also, bear in mind the quotes of what Ronaldo said and did that night are only form her recollection.

Also, Ronaldo 'hiring an investigator' to make her look bad and intimidate her is very different from Ronaldo had a legal team managing the situation, you guys don't picture Ronaldo in a back alley in Las Vegas handing a wad of cash to Jessica Jones, I hope (inb4 the Marvel crossover)

There are so many pieces that have yet to fall, is all I'm saying.

I wish I was further into my legal education to understand all the nuances fully
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 pm

@Luca wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:I gotta say I'm in two minds about these "years after" rape allegations of late. I get it that the victim might not mentally be ready or willing to pursue the accusation straight after. But I also cannot help but feel that it shouldn't take years to decide that "I'm reporting it".

I don't think that matters, unless there is some sort of statute of limitations in play here then clearly, legally it doesn't, for one. Credibility wise, sure, but as everyone has pointed out, she obviously had enough to earn a settlement originally, and now re-open the suit.

The main thing here will be voiding the Settlement Agreement they reached.

Also, bear in mind the quotes of what Ronaldo said and did that night are only form her recollection.

Also, Ronaldo 'hiring an investigator' to make her look bad and intimidate her is very different from Ronaldo had a legal team managing the situation, you guys don't picture Ronaldo in a back alley in Las Vegas handing a wad of cash to Jessica Jones, I hope (inb4 the Marvel crossover)

There are so many pieces that have yet to fall, is all I'm saying.

I wish I was further into my legal education to understand all the nuances fully
so how many times have you been arrested Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:59 pm

The same amount of times you've said something funny, relevant or intelligent in my near decade tenure of posting here

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 pm

@Luca wrote:The same amount of times you've said something funny, relevant or intelligent in my near decade tenure of posting here

rofl rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:04 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:
@Kebab wrote:
this is disgusting, you are a piece of shit

couldnt agree more. absolutely disgusting comment. that is some 1950s thinking right there
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:16 pm

admin kicking ass and taking names tonight Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 pm

Honestly, this is why sex victims feel like they can't tell their story, and even worse, that they would and would not be taken seriously or believed, even in cases where they are absolutely correct.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7401294/cristiano-ronaldo-video-dancing-rape-accuser-kathryn-mayorga-las-vegas/

Is she grabbing his ass in the video?
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 pm

@S wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7401294/cristiano-ronaldo-video-dancing-rape-accuser-kathryn-mayorga-las-vegas/

Why does that matter? Does is justify Ronaldo anally raping her hours later? No means no. Whatever happened before 'no' does not justify forcing yourself.
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:25 pm

@Collblanc wrote:
@S wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7401294/cristiano-ronaldo-video-dancing-rape-accuser-kathryn-mayorga-las-vegas/

Why does that matter? Does is justify Ronaldo anally raping her hours later? No means no. Whatever happened before 'no' does not justify forcing yourself.
Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:25 pm

I see nothing unusual in this video, i dont see the ass grabbing you are talking about, but it doesnt matter anyway. this is irrelevant

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Nick, you do realize that you're already siding with her even though there's still no damning evidence to incriminate him? You're the perfect proof that sex victims are almost always believed, regardless of whether they truly are telling the truth or simply falsely accusing an innocent man of rape.

Basically, there are two scenarios to this whole thing:

1) Ronaldo raped her and she's telling the truth.
2) Ronaldo didn't rape her, and she's falsely accusing him of rape.

What we have so far doesn't in any way prove neither of the two scenarios. The sensible thing to do right now is to take a step back and stay neutral until the guilty one gets identified by justice. If it's Ronaldo, I hope he doesn't get out of prison for it. If it's her, I hope she doesn't get out of prison as well.

So let's wait and see.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:29 pm

It will come down to her character... i.e. what type of person she is outside of this incident.  I will also come down to whether other women make the same accusation.   Rapists rarely just do it once (unfortunately).

So this is just early days in finding out the likely truth.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next