Cruijf
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
58 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by rincon Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:54 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:What i know is, except for you and rincon, everyone here has called that juve statement a complete farce, but it's not as sexy to respond to other posters right? you are the only one thinking that statement is good

No. You are the only one I replied to because you are the only writing BS here.

I hadn't posted on the topic until yesterday because I see it as pointless. Football should have nothing to do with criminal justice. If he is guilty, he deserves a proper punishment for it, if he is innocent, then he deserves to have his name cleared. If conclusions remain ambiguous, then his name will carry the stain of it on each person's view. These should all come when a proper investigation takes place, which it seems that it is currently happening. So I rather wait and see what is shown, rather than give early opinions on someone who might be a rapist, or might be a victim of defamation.

Now, under this guise of neutrality, victim-hood, and white-knight persona you have going on here, you are the only one that has gone past discussing if you do believe her, or not, to just random attacks at Juve and false news. This is even normal, we are fans of football clubs with rivalries and opinions of each other, but instead of owning up to, you are acting like it's everyone else in the wrong.

Like I said, I didn't respond about the Juve tweet. Obviously I see the problem it brings, I was replying to the ridiculous reaction and the jumping to conclusions. In a forum where, I'd hope, we are all knowledgeable enough and take considerable amounts of time to understand what happens in the world of football, rather than a 5 second glance at a tweet. Just compare responses from fellow Madrid fans Doc, DoC, Thimmy, and guest, or actually every other poster in the topic, to yours.

Mr Nick09 wrote:Juve:" You may be a rapist, but you are a great football player, and it's all that matter. you might have raped someone 10 years ago? who cares?"

garbage club

Mr Nick09 wrote:maybe calling juve a garbage club was too strong, but now that i remember what cheating scum of an organization you are well, i dont feel so bad about it. straight garbage, in line with that statement. You see? this is me giving a definitive opinion about a topic. but this thread isnt about your club is it? this is about a very serious allegation concercing CR allegedly forcing himself on a young woman.

Mr Nick09 wrote:can you lads focus on the topic, this is not an expose on Juventus a club formely caught cheating and demoted to second division. Well, your entire organization was proved to be cheats, so me taking that garbage statement at face value was actually correct based on the reputation of your club. Even worse, despite the backlash 0 correction, they are standing by it.

garbage statement from a garbage club.

let's get back to topic yeah?
That's the agenda. Drop the BS, stop pretending like it's everyone else getting off topic with your trolling attempts. I'ts embarrassing to bring these things into a topic about rape. You want to read posts focusing on the case at hand, and talking about the gravity of rape? read Freeza's posts, or basically everyone else's.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by S Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am

He was also unsuccessful in his trolling. The moment he gets called out, he becomes defensive and writes a bunch of nonsense to defend his original comment, throwing attacks on the club and then pretends to stay 'on topic'. Classless fellow. Its pointless to take him seriously since there's a night and day difference between his and other Madrid fans' posts.

Anyway, that tweet was disastrous, end of. I really wished they had kept mum on this issue until more details surfaced.  Regardless of whether CR gets out of this, i think the damage has already been done. Any form of negative publicity especially if it involves a heinous offence like rape is going to damage any athlete's image , especially one that is as accomplished as CR. I'm just disappointed that Juve's got to bear the brunt of it too now that he plays for us and considering we bought him so that he could take us to the next level commercially, its a nightmare situation for us too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:05 pm

A zebra never changes its stripes
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Freeza wrote:
Doc wrote:
Kaladin wrote:

Without getting into the whole Juve defending/not defending, this is just bad PR. Maybe something was lost in translation but they worded this really badly.

It's an awful pr statement.

Also shows no logic. The first tweet should end with 1/2 not 1/1. Idiots.

lmao I was really puzzled by that. It's as if they don't even know how to tweet a statement

"everyone who comes in contact with him" lmao the sound of that
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I am a troll because i call out a garbage statement for what it is? are you serious? i guess this is one of those loose definition of trolling.

It's called "wide trolling". Transfermarkt counts it but not opta.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:13 pm

breva wrote:I usually believe the women, but this sounds a little weird.  Ronaldo does not look like Trump or Harvey Wienstein, he is a bit of a sex symbol for women, so I find it difficult to believe he would have to force himself on a woman.  I would suspect that many women would actually seek him out. These photos were supposedly taken before she allegedly accompanied him to his room.

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 11 181001135534-cristiano-ronaldo-kathryn-mayorga-split-exlarge-169

Have you taken any effort to got to know the facts of the case?
Awful, awful, disgustingly ignorant post.
As if going into someone's room was the agreement to anything what happens after, no matter how violent or unconsentual.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:16 pm

It really is poor PR. I don't subscribe to the notion that a PR person reflects the opinion of an entire organization, but that is nevertheless what they're hired to do, and I'd definitely expect more professionalism from someone who, I assume, is trained to handle social media accounts diplomatically. One could argue that this person's native language isn't English, but that seems to indicate an issue in the standard of recruitment.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Probably I underrated the matter, I must admitt It @Freeza @MrNick09 Wink

Actually you listen to talk about It much more abroad than in Italy, in Italy you don't read It. .... That's why I didn't get the reason about so much discussion on It.

But I took an eye beyond GL and well ... The perception is different. It is main discussion everywhere , It is more serious than I thought It.

But It hasn't to do with things read as " misogyny in Italy " lol, believe me, It is not so Laughing But medias are pro Juve in Italy. It happens when Agnelli Empire is so large
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Still not sure what the big deal is about the tweet. Whats the outrage abouy?

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:44 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:Still not sure what the big deal is about the tweet. Whats the outrage abouy?

The tweet was worded in a way that it could have been misunderstood and that's what happened. They could have worded it better or just approached it differently.

But it was really just the link some were waiting for between Juventus and this incident to try to extend some sort of culpability or rather, bad look on the club's behalf, which was to be expected.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:47 pm

"Profess your disdain for rape, and make sure its dramatic, or youre a piece of shit who condones sexual asssult and hates women. Especially considering the fact your team plays absolutely no role in niether the case nor investigation."

Thats what it seems like to me....still, dissapointing how sloppy this went.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Noone here has expressed 'outrage' over the Jjuve tweet, rather we have expressed disbelief about how utterly cringeworthy and tone deaf it is worded.
But most importantly, how the message it sends is a complete non-sequitur.

'Ronaldo has been nothing but hard working and professional in his two months at Jjuve and 10 year old rape allegations don't change that'?

Why would you need to tweet that? Who questioned Ronaldo's professionalism in this matter?

It's rather bizarre as an PR statement in such a sensitive matter, and it sure sounds like they followed some sort of urgent demand from Ronaldo/Mendes to express support of Ronaldo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Luca wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:Still not sure what the big deal is about the tweet.  Whats the outrage abouy?

The tweet was worded in a way that it could have been misunderstood and that's what happened. They could have worded it better or just approached it differently.

It's worded in a way that's open to interpretation, and although I don't see that as something that warrants a public backlash, personally, it was bound to ruffle some feathers. Something tells me that, whoever wrote that Tweet, struggled to decide how to write it in a way that shows genuine support towards C. Ronaldo, yet doesn't offend sympathizers of the alleged rape victim. The tweet reads out like more of a homage to CR, than anything else.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:20 pm

If thats their way of expressing support, then im even more dissapointed than i was earlier.
That would mean brass came up with this stupid shit and not some dumbass in marketing.
Didnt this happen (tweets any adult would know better than to post) with the Dallas Mavericks or some NBA team like that?

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:57 pm

@rincon, my response is no different from people 95% of posters here who have said it's terrible PR, that includes you. That tweet reflects on your club whether you like it or not.

You take offense from me going a step further and calling juve a garbage club? tough luck. I take offense to people turning this into personal attacks, what did you think i would do? so i made sure to repeat it again a couple of times because i know how much it rubs you the wrong way: Garbage statement from a Garbage club

What i find amazing is that there is backtracking, no correction, nothing. The reaction, we have here, i have seen a couple of journalist have a similar one on twitter
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:10 pm

It's not that, it's the hypocrisy. Classy though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Youre being waaay to dramatic. Lashing out emotionally everytime youre called a troll isnt a good look for a man.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Luca wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:Still not sure what the big deal is about the tweet.  Whats the outrage abouy?

It's worded in a way that's open to interpretation, and although I don't see that as something that warrants a public backlash, personally, it was bound to ruffle some feathers. Something tells me that, whoever wrote that Tweet, struggled to decide how to write it in a way that shows genuine support towards C. Ronaldo, yet doesn't offend sympathizers of the alleged rape victim. The tweet reads out like more of a homage to CR, than anything else.

I agree, it was a poor tweet in any case. I don't think it was nearly as bad as some (one) think but any post that could be interpreted poorly, should have been executed better.

I think we could have cumulatively wrote a better message. I would've preferred a generic: the club would like to extend its support to Cristiano Ronaldo in this time or along those lines but anyways, if this is the extent of Juventus' involvement in this ordeal, then it's fine.

I'm really just curious to see how this proceeds, if Ronaldo is summoned to the US, if a settlement is made once more, if the criminal investigation proceeds, there are so many things yet to unfold

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm

EA Sports has removed CR from the cover after the alleged rape on their website.

Nike is also supposedly going to part ways from CR too
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:24 pm

this is fake news Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm

And everything guest7 wrote is exactly why you pay a bitch off and hope they dont come back once theyve spent the cash, whether you did it or not.
Hes be ACCUSED and theyre parting ways with him

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:27 pm

At least the shares are still almost double from this time last year. I was trying to buy shares at .40 euro a share, but its not a stock i can trade on my web trader site

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:29 pm

This week on GL -> negative public perception impacts endorsements and share prices

what a time to be alive

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:31 pm

thankfully Ronaldo wasn't bought to 'expand the brand' or anything like that, that would have been quite an own goal
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Nike, an American brand that recently made headlines for heavily endorsing Colin Kaepernick in a very social justice oriented approach would clearly not stand by Ronaldo, in the face of rape accusations

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next