Cruijf
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
58 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:24 pm

She actually is doing this for money since she filed a civil law suit against CR... which is all about getting paid. Not saying she shouldn't do it. But that's the reason you file a civil lawsuit in the US.

And the reason Der Spiegel and Football Leaks picked up the story was the civil lawsuit... they didn't do so before it was filed.

This was the basis of the Der Spiegel story:  http://www.spiegel.de/media/media-43488.pdf

The criminal case is the only one that was re-opened after the civil lawsuit.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Grow up nick a lot of these groupie victims want money they always want money, sure I might be a bit bias as a guys, but what it comes down too is money 9 outta 10 times, don't call anyone ignorant when you almost always, post outta your ass while acting holy makes you right stance, sit down thank you.

This lady isn't a baby if she really wanted to get a conviction why take the money? Why wait so long until now? Maybe going broke? Who knows but condemning CR as guilty in a situation like this, that happens to atheles or celebs by these victims looking for money.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:42 pm

You're wrong on that count Chad.  She filed rape with the police the day after the incident and, apparently, was treated badly by the police at the time.

A lot of rape victims don't file civil lawsuits and don't want to be witnesses in criminal ones because of the shame, etc. that's involved.  It's a damn shame really.

So we all need to pump the brakes and see what the investigation leads to.

I have a problem with the circumstances. I think the writing is on the wall when a guy invites you to his room in the early morning hours and then you go to the Jacuzzi with him...  doesn't mean he's allowed to take advantage of you.  But unless you're a complete idiot, there's an expectation when you accept that invitation.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:She actually is doing this for money since she filed a civil law suit against CR... which is all about getting paid. Not saying she shouldn't do it. But that's the reason you file a civil lawsuit in the US.

And the reason Der Spiegel and Football Leaks picked up the story was the civil lawsuit... they didn't do so before it was filed.

This was the basis of the Der Spiegel story:  http://www.spiegel.de/media/media-43488.pdf

The criminal case is the only one that was re-opened after the civil lawsuit.
You are wrong because the wiki leaks dump and the first story from Der Spiegel was last summer in 2017.

The civil suit that she launched was in 2018, so your timeline is incorrect and the validity of my previous post still stands.

Der Spiegel picked up on the story not because she filed the suit. The suit was filed after she contracted a new lawyer who thought the job the previous lawyer did as awful. and she contracted a new lawyer because of the Der Spiegel story in 2017. Again, it's documented they attempted to contact her multiple times last year and she was literally running away from their journalists.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Link me to the earlier Der Spiegel story.  First I heard of this was CR's team trying to suppress the story surrounding the civil lawsuit 10 days ago.

And even if they did find out about the police report for rape filed in 2009 in 2017... it's a perfectly fine story.  Lawsuits in the US are EXTREMELY expensive.  In this scenario, my guess is that she couldn't afford to take action against CR at the time.  After the story in 2017, I'm sure an attorney offered to do the lawsuit on a contingency basis.

Again, this is all very typical.  A civil lawsuit cost 10s of thousands of dollars.  If you're facing a CR type.... 100s of thousands of dollars.

That's why powerful men get away with murder in the US.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:50 pm

I read that stuff in the other posts in the thread, rape kit and going to the police, that why I said he is dumb to force himself on her if she wasn't down with anal, the moment she says no just leave it, all I'm saying is if she really wanted to get him lawyers would be all over this high profiled case with big money involve, but she took 300k instead and now looking for more come on now.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:54 pm

chad4401 wrote:I read that stuff in the other posts in the thread, rape kit and going to the police, that why I said he is dumb to force himself on her if she wasn't down with anal, the moment she says no just leave it, all I'm saying is if she really wanted to get him lawyers would be all over this high profiled case with big money involve, but she took 300k instead and now looking for more come on now.

Oh she took the 300k and now wants more? It's all about the money then. Absolutely no doubt.

Reading the lawsuit... they're trying to say she was bullied. The statute of limitations to file a civil suit is way past. It's typically 2-4 years after the incident. I think it gets dismissed just based on this tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:Link me to the earlier Der Spiegel story.  First I heard of this was CR's team trying to suppress the story surrounding the civil lawsuit 10 days ago.

And even if they did find out about the police report for rape filed in 2009 in 2017... it's a perfectly fine story.  Lawsuits in the US are EXTREMELY expensive.  In this scenario, my guess is that she couldn't afford to take action against CR at the time.  After the story in 2017, I'm sure an attorney offered to do the lawsuit on a contingency basis.

Again, this is all very typical.  A civil lawsuit cost 10s of thousands of dollars.  If you're facing a CR type.... 100s of thousands of dollars.

That's why powerful men get away with murder in the US.
this is the first story from der spiegel dating from last year http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/cristiano-ronaldo-vergewaltigungsvorwuerfe-gegen-real-star-a-1143401.html

i would also suggest you read this interview from one of the journalists who explained how they tried to get in touch with her for months, and how she lawyered up: https://deadspin.com/report-cristiano-ronaldo-paid-375k-to-woman-who-claim-1794345550

This is not meant to you, because you at least take the time to read but so many people comment on this story without acknowledging the facts, it's baffling.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:
chad4401 wrote:I read that stuff in the other posts in the thread, rape kit and going to the police, that why I said he is dumb to force himself on her if she wasn't down with anal, the moment she says no just leave it, all I'm saying is if she really wanted to get him lawyers would be all over this high profiled case with big money involve, but she took 300k instead and now looking for more come on now.

Oh she took the 300k and now wants more? It's all about the money then. Absolutely no doubt.

Reading the lawsuit... they're trying to say she was bullied. The statute of limitations to file a civil suit is way past. It's typically 2-4 years after the incident. I think it gets dismissed just based on this tbh.
Again, read a bit more sports: In the state of Las Vegas, when a rape incident has been reported to the police, and has been thoroughly documented as she did with the rape kit the day after in 2009, there is no statute of limitation.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:59 pm

This is a pretty good look at the legal side....might've got it from here so idk:
https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/10/02/cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegations-kathryn-mayorga-legal-case

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Most definitely for civil cases.  You need to file a civil suit within 2 years for the state of Nevada for sexual assault.   There is no statute for the criminal case obviously.  Here's the link:

https://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/sexual-assault-civil-statutes-of-limitations-by-state.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:11 pm

Ronaldo is too rich and powerful to get convicted imo. I read that some files are now missing, which in my opinion is very suspicious
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 pm

how much stick did he get from the fans in todays game
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Nick spot on as per. I'm shocked with some of the stuff I've read.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:24 pm

sportsczy wrote:Most definitely for civil cases.  You need to file a civil suit within 2 years for the state of Nevada for sexual assault.   There is no statute for the criminal case obviously.  Here's the link:

https://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/sexual-assault-civil-statutes-of-limitations-by-state.html
Also Sports, you have to keep in mind that the victim can't file a criminal law suit against an individual, it's always going to be civil. Only the state can launch a criminal suit against an individual.

So reopening the police case in this situation aims to see if the state and the District attorney have enough evidences and information to actually bring forth a criminal suit vs CR. If we get to this point, he is finished.

As far as her civil claim, badgering a potential victim in saying that she is doing it for money is highly disingenuous. What other options does she have? If you are the victim of a sexual assault, the perpetrator can either go to jail and you can find a civil agreement to make it go away. Either way is a form of making the perpetrator "pay" for what he did.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:22 pm

As long as ronaldo7.net doesn't shut down
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Another American woman? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 pm

I've been waiting for this lol. Hopefully the 2nd woman's case is not entirely made up as in the Kavanaugh case.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I've been waiting for this lol. Hopefully the 2nd woman's case is not entirely made up as in the Kavanaugh case.
I have a feeling that the second accusation will be made up.

I have seen things about CR being arrested and interrogated by the police for allegations in 2005 in England, but another american woman? the case of mayorga was presented with strong evidences, we will see what comes out of this one but i have my doubts.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I've been waiting for this lol. Hopefully the 2nd woman's case is not entirely made up as in the Kavanaugh case.

you wish she was raped? Laughing
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:33 pm

No, of course, but I wish a potential opportunist wouldn't try to use this to lift her profile.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Which claim was false in that case?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Freeza wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Kavanaugh#Deborah_Ramirez

Multiple news outlets passed on the story until the New Yorker chose to publish it, no corroborating evidence was found
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Freeza wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Kavanaugh#Deborah_Ramirez

Multiple news outlets passed on the story until the New Yorker chose to publish it, no corroborating evidence was found

Where exactly does it say it's made up? She says she have corroborating as described here:

“But I do have corroborating witnesses speaking for me, although they were not allowed to speak to the FBI, and I feel extremely grateful for them and for the overwhelming amount of support that I have received and continue to receive during this extremely difficult and painful time. There may be people with power who are looking the other way, but there are millions more who are standing together, speaking up about personal experiences of sexual violence and taking action to support survivors. This is truly a collective moment of survivors and allies standing together.”

http://time.com/5417727/deborah-ramirez-senate-kavanaugh-statement/

That FBI investigation was such a sham. None of the witnesses in all cases were allowed to be interviewed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 pm

The part I was thinking of was "The New York Times interviewed several dozen of her classmates in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge.[241] Ramirez had contacted some of her former classmates, and told some that she could not be certain Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.[242]"

Made up might be too strong, unverifiable seems more fitting.

Anyways let's get back to the topic at hand, would be happy to continue this in the politics section Smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next