Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by McLewis on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 am

Yeah, unfortunately I think he'll be getting away with this.

I'd settle for him not being allowed back on US soil again, but don't see that happening either.

He is well and truly above the law, it seems.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Posts : 10590
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 am

@Myesyats wrote:I'd say he's pretty likeable, millions of people like him, and he's not going to get locked up because he's wealthy. He'll find a way around all of this.


This is why we need Nick and Freeza to don the capes of Mr. Vigilante and his sidekick and ensure that justice prevails. There’s no other way around this.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7147
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:07 am

@McLewis wrote:

He is well and truly above the law, it seems.


Indeed!
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7147
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:15 am

@McLewis wrote:

He is well and truly above the law, it seems.


Not sure whether that is the conclusion we can draw from the Spiegel documents.
While surely these documents are 'legit', in that they are what Spiegel claim they are and are no fakes, it still seems highly questionable to me what kind of status they could have legally.

They are part of a documentation made by Ronaldo's lawyers, no?. Him talking to his lawyers, so surely they should be off limits for any court and part of attorny client confidentiality privilege, legally speaking.
Ironically, while this is the most honest documentation we could possibly get (due to their confidentiality and the fact Ronaldo's telling it to his lawyers), they can't, and shouldn't, be used as valid evidence in front of a court.

So just because that, due to being leaked, we now know quite alot about his potential guilt, doesn't mean convictions shouldn't adhere to basic legal principles.

I don't know what's the exact deal with why the police investigation didn't proceed, maybe there's still things to come legally and arguably there's moral justification to publish these documents (although I'm not 100% certain there..).

But I don't think the fact he's not in jail proves he's 'above the law'.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 25054
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by McLewis on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:28 am

I'm looking at the reality that it's unlikely that he's going to be indicted and convicted of this crime due to his wealth, status and power.

_________________
avatar
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 10590
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:37 am

@McLewis wrote:I'm looking at the reality that it's unlikely that he's going to be indicted and convicted of this crime due to his wealth, status and power.


True.
At the same time, it's only because his status and fame that a paper like the Spiegel is interested in digging into the story, and allowed to publish it, in the first place.
Rape convictions are rare in general, and I keep reading about the absurdly giant backlog, thousands and thousands of cases, of rape kits in the US crumbling away in storage without ever being tested.
So I don't quite share the feeling that it's only because he's Ronaldo that he could get away with it.

Still, as from what I understand the woman was scared to proceed and testify because she was expecting to be crushed by his fame and power, you're right of course and that is why I think Spiegel is justified to publish the leaked documents.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 25054
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by McLewis on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:07 am

Totally. I'm fully behind them publishing this, of course. If he can't be tried in a court of law then the court of public opinion will have to be the next best thing.

_________________
avatar
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 10590
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:48 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
So I don't quite share the feeling that it's only because he's Ronaldo that he could get away with it.


btw, is this correct English? It sounds like it should be to me but I'm not too sure that's the way it's put in English.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 25054
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Art Morte on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 pm

I'm surprised some of you think he'll get off because he's wealthy and famous. Cosby is, too.


To me that account of the events sounds like she wasn't fiercely resisting him. Didn't scream. Did she try to get away? Hard to tell on that short account, but no mention of it. Sooooo, I can't help thinking about what the big boys once told me: sometimes women act like they don't want it when they actually do. But the thing is, that sort of stuff should only apply to regular partners who know for certain what's going on. If a stranger, a one-night-stand tells you to stop in any way whatsoever, even if it seems like a little role play, you should stop. There's no knowing, there's no trust.
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16132
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 pm

@Myesyats wrote:How do you know if it's true if there is no recording?
Because his own lawyers recorded him saying he went in without her permission, that she was saying no the entire time, that he bruised her. Like, what else do you want? How does he deserve the benefit of the doubt in this situation?

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23386
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Unique on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:35 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
So I don't quite share the feeling that it's only because he's Ronaldo that he could get away with it.


btw, is this correct English? It sounds like it should be to me but I'm not too sure that's the way it's put in English.
dont worry about it nobody cares. people only care about the way i type they dont give a fuck about how you type. Thumbs up

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 13368
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by marottalad on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:50 am

The new Calciopoli... if you can't beat us on the field take us down off it Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

_________________
Come home Zlatan Heart
avatar
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 930
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:25 am

This has nothing to with Juventus, unlike calciopolo where you were actual cheats and got caught and punished.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28419
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
So I don't quite share the feeling that it's only because he's Ronaldo that he could get away with it.


btw, is this correct English? It sounds like it should be to me but I'm not too sure that's the way it's put in English.


Under this context it looks right to me, there's probably multiple ways you could phrase the same point but there's nothing wrong with what you wrote.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64499
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Freeza on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:I'd say he's pretty likeable, millions of people like him, and he's not going to get locked up because he's wealthy. He'll find a way around all of this.


This is why we need Nick and Freeza to don the capes of Mr. Vigilante and his sidekick and ensure that justice prevails. There’s no other way around this.


Again with this shit? What the hell is your problem and all these personal attacks each and every time any time this is mentioned. As I’ve mentioned earlier I haven’t passed judgment in Ronaldo. I’m only commenting on the well sourced article.

Stop including me in your posts, Breivik

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 19418
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Varnagel on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:25 am



https://twitter.com/derWinterbach/status/1068791785911140358

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 45
Join date : 2018-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:00 am

@Freeza wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:I'd say he's pretty likeable, millions of people like him, and he's not going to get locked up because he's wealthy. He'll find a way around all of this.


This is why we need Nick and Freeza to don the capes of Mr. Vigilante and his sidekick and ensure that justice prevails. There’s no other way around this.


Again with this shit? What the hell is your problem and all these personal attacks each and every time any time this is mentioned. As I’ve mentioned earlier I haven’t passed judgment in Ronaldo. I’m only commenting on the well sourced article.

Stop including me in your posts, Breivik


Personal attacks rofl Sorry, I'm so fat that I accidentally crossed your safe space.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7147
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Freeza on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:05 am

My personal space? Lol. I just find it absolutely unnecessary since I’ve never said anything about you.

And therefore I just don’t know what your fucking problem is Laughing

You’re so defensive you’re inventing things I’ve said to keep up a narrative.

If you’re ashamed about your own actions regarding the subject of rape, please don’t take it out on me.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 19418
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by farfan on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:36 am

Interest in this story seems to have waned in recent weeks. Der Spiegel had to drum up interest in it again by releasing more dirt. Laughing
Is the Me Too movement having the opposite effect of what was intended? people are so jaded now that rape allegations aren't as ruinous as they would've been just last year. hmm Unless there is a conviction, this story will be buried soon.
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 4475
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:37 am

Yes, safe space. I don't care what your opinion is, you are without a doubt, more sensitive than the average person. You just referred to me as Breivik, a self-proclaimed nazi, who was an actual terrorist that killed and injured a lot of people. That reference doesn't offend me in the least. I see it as an anger-fueled, but harmless comment/retort on the internet that has no foundation in reality. I can only imagine how you'd react if the tables were turned Laughing
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7147
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Freeza on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:17 am

@Thimmy wrote:Yes, safe space. I don't care what your opinion is, you are without a doubt, more sensitive than the average person. You just referred to me as Breivik, a self-proclaimed nazi, who was an actual terrorist that killed and injured a lot of people. That reference doesn't offend me in the least. I see it as an anger-fueled, but harmless comment/retort on the internet that has no foundation in reality. I can only imagine how you'd react if the tables were turned Laughing


So it has no foundation in reality. Just like whatever opinion you’ve somehow convinced yourself I’ve got.

I’m sensitive in the way that I don’t see why you have to be an absolute dick towards me. You never want to give me an answer for it. In turns it makes me say dickies things like I did. It’s not about safe spaces, but about treating each other with some level of respect.

Something that went out the window really when Dani and RO stopped being active.

No matter what you seem to think, words on the internet actually does matter. Especially when people on here has invested so much time on here.

I don’t see why we have to set such a bad standard for the communication on here. Guess I’ve partly at fault for that, but I’ve tried not to, after I wanted my account deleted from here and RG refused the request and said I shouldn’t respond to people calling me out.

I just don’t see how your comments about me in this thread is constructive in any way. You don’t even offer any quotes or anything. I’ve obviously said something you’ve taken to heart since you’ve referenced it more than a handful of times. So I’m not the only one who has been sensitive in this whole ordeal.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 19418
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:56 am

I wasn't aware that people had been "calling you out", unless you're referring solely to me. Yes, I can't be bothered to quote all of the times your posts have indicated that you're inclined to side with women and take a particular stance in cases like these, or your tendency to become emotionally invested in matters like these and resort to virtue signalling to get your point across.

I remember you making a really dry joke about a conservative word I used in a post, a few years ago, and I didn't make anything out of it. You only seem to deem such behaviour okay when it suits you. That's the type of stuff you seem to blow out of proportion as a personal attack, these days. It seems to me that something has changed in your perspective on life, since then. I haven't seen you quote those sensationally many times I've supposedly called you out either, but I'll stop adding fuel to the fire.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7147
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Luca on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:05 pm

@farfan wrote:Interest in this story seems to have waned in recent weeks. Der Spiegel had to drum up interest in it again by releasing more dirt. Laughing
Is the Me Too movement having the opposite effect of what was intended? people are so jaded now that rape allegations aren't as ruinous as they would've been just last year. hmm Unless there is a conviction, this story will be buried soon.


Legally speaking, unless there is a conviction then of course that’s the case. It’s not for us to decide, it never was.

As sensational as this story is, it’s not one for us to decide or one that is decided quickly. There’s ambiguity. There are two sides both thinking they’re in the right here, which is what the courts are for


Last edited by Luca on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13500
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Myesyats on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:14 pm

@Thimmy wrote:I wasn't aware that people had been "calling you out", unless you're referring solely to me. Yes, I can't be bothered to quote all of the times your posts have indicated that you're inclined to side with women and take a particular stance in cases like these, or your tendency to become emotionally invested in matters like these and resort to virtue signalling to get your point across.

I remember you making a really dry joke about a conservative word I used in a post, a few years ago, and I didn't make anything out of it. You only seem to deem such behaviour okay when it suits you. That's the type of stuff you seem to blow out of proportion as a personal attack, these days. It seems to me that something has changed in your perspective on life, since then. I haven't seen you quote those sensationally many times I've supposedly called you out either, but I'll stop adding fuel to the fire.

Dude, just let it go. He loves to be victimized, don't give him any bullets and just move on, Breivik.
avatar
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 8876
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Freeza on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:16 pm

It wasn’t mainly you. This was a matter between me and another user that’s been handled privately through a hostage negotiator (RealGovernator).

I don’t really remember anything about a conservative word.

And of course some things change. When you’ve got people close to you who confesses how they’ve been raped and no one believed them when they reported, it’s hard not to get involved emotional in any capacity. And I’m not one to not admit when I’ve been at fault, I’ve admitted when I’ve done wrong multiple times through the years.

As examples go here’s one:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41420p825-sticky-the-decidedly-unofficial-talk-about-whatever-thread#1909092

Another one:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t41704p375-cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-and-general-denunciation-thread#1915070

Another one:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41704p50-cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-and-general-denunciation-thread#1900907

All these happened without me having ever mentioned you, and I’ve asked a lot of times what you’re trying to accomplish with it without getting an answer. I’d understand it if we had some kind of banter going through the years, but I can hardly remember us ever interacting.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 19418
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm



I actually wrote that with the "conservative word joke" in mind. Honestly, though, it's when you make a big deal out of me mentioning your name, that it becomes tempting to mention your name. I'll stop doing it, for the sake of peace.

Nick has yet to reply to any of those posts, but I see he's working hard on thumbing up yours hmm
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7147
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum