Mamad
halamadrid2
Mr Nick09
14 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Madrid Derby 18/19 - home - Page 6 Empty Re: Madrid Derby 18/19 - home

Post by sportsczy Sun 30 Sep - 11:17

He beat Barca in the supercup handily...  when Barca was actually gunning for us.  Destroyed them.  We also beat Man U in the UEFA supercup. That was a great start...  and a false hope.  We thought Asensio was the next coming and never bought anyone.  Our downfall.

I read your post.

We didn't have a better attack.  Ronaldo was out to lunch until January.  Again, he had 5 goals come January in La Liga.  Bale was injured and Benzema was even worse.

Your whole post is inaccurate.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 30 Sep - 11:26

And I'm not comparing now... I'm saying that after 10 games, we won 6, lost 2 and drew 2 last season.  So far, we're 4 wins, 1 loss and 2 draws...  just curious to see where we end up at the 10 game mark compared to last season.  We have Alaves, Levante and Barca.  my guess is that we end up with exactly the same record after 10.

We ended the the first part with 9 wins, 3 losses and 4 draws as a FYI.  I think we'll do better than that.  But that depends on injuries and motivation (like last season).  If we go on a tough stretch, will the players stay focused?  We'll see. Easier schedule so I don't see us being worse by any stretch.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 30 Sep - 11:29

sportsczy wrote:He beat Barca in the supercup handily...  when Barca was actually gunning for us.  Destroyed them.
You're also forgetting that Ronaldo was one of the main reasons he brushed them aside.

We also beat Man U in the UEFA supercup.
I'll give you this one. Zidane beat them with Casemiro and Isco and Ronaldo didn't have much to do with it. So yeah

We didn't have a better attack.  Ronaldo was out to lunch until January.  Again, he had 5 goals come January in La Liga.  Bale was injured and Benzema was even worse.
That doesn't matter. He had Ronaldo with him and that should count for something, regardless of whether the Portuguese was in a dry spell or scoring goals for fun. If Lopetegui had Ronaldo today and the latter was misfiring, I would still criticize him as a manager who's failing to win even though he has Ronaldo with him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 30 Sep - 13:48

comparing these two managers over the first 7 first 5 first 12 matches of the season is premature. as it stands even if we pass the ball from courtois/navas and everyone touches the ball till the goal, it means little until we see the hardware. and frankly whether or not we had cristiano shouldn't be an issue, because we knew before the season started that he was leaving. its not like he left 24 hrs before the end of the window, the coach knew the players he had at his disposal way before the window ended, and made little to no requests

we tend to draw conclusions way too quickly, we did the same with carlo when that winning run happened, in a season that ultimately ended up in failure. lope hasn't earned the right yet to be compared with any top madrid manager (of which there are few; probably only zizou and vdb in the last 27 years)

just for the record zidane didn't beat anyone single handedly, no manager does that. the players do....but he deserves all his props and more than enough props not to be compared to someone who's less than 4 months into the job
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon 1 Oct - 4:13

Would playing Bale as CF work?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 1 Oct - 4:52

Not a good idea, Bale is not a CF
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon 1 Oct - 9:27

Mr Nick09 wrote:Not a good idea, Bale is not a CF

Better than Bezema. He is just shite

Need someone with speed and strength up top. Benzema is slow and weak. Just a terrible player.

He's playing even deeper now that cristinano has left.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon 1 Oct - 16:32

lmao wait, you're really serious, bale as a cf? lol i thought you were joking but you're actually serious. playing another player out of position doesn't help our cause. putting bale there would mean, we would have 2 players playing out of position, bale, who isn't a cf and whoever plays on the rw would also be playing out of position, unless its Lv, and Lv isn't good enough to be a starter. not to mention asensio is only just getting acclimatized full time to the left wing role. its a bad idea bale as the cf, and i haven't even talked about his injury concerns
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6