Kebab
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
43 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ballon D'Or 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ballon D'Or 2018

Post by Unique Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:24 pm

modric is a deserved winner but salah was better than 6th ffs. but as long as the right guy won it the rest dont matter. well done luka.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Unique wrote:modric is a deserved winner but salah was better than 6th ffs. but as long as the right guy won it the rest dont matter. well done luka.

I still can't quite make sense of it. I think Modric would've been the strongest candidate if this had been a lifetime achievement award, but in terms of league/CL season+world cup, I'd give it to Varane. Hell, I think Varane was the most reliable player in the world cup, and I get the impression that his contribution towards our CL winning campaign has been vastly underrated by most people. In terms of league performance, I'd definitely give it to Salah. Modric is an amazing talent. A caliber of talent of which I don't think we'll see again in the near future, but I personally wouldn't place him before all other players, in terms of his club/national team performances in 2017/18. I can only assume that he won it because he won the CL with his club, and grabbed headlines for his occasional glimpses of brilliance in the world cup. Salah didn't get far in the WC. Varane is a defender.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Ada Hegerberg won the first Women's Ballon D'or Proud

Ballon D'Or 2018 - Page 3 Unnamed-1543871962959
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Unique wrote:modric is a deserved winner but salah was better than 6th ffs. but as long as the right guy won it the rest dont matter. well done luka.

I still can't quite make sense of it. I think Modric would've been the strongest candidate if this had been a lifetime achievement award, but in terms of league/CL season+world cup, I'd give it to Varane. Hell, I think Varane was the most reliable player in the world cup, and I get the impression that his contribution towards our CL winning campaign has been vastly underrated by most people. In terms of league performance, I'd definitely give it to Salah. Modric is an amazing talent. A caliber of talent of which I don't think we'll see again in the near future, but I personally wouldn't place him before all other players, in terms of his club/national team performances in 2017/18. I can only assume that he won it because he won the CL with his club, and grabbed headlines for his occasional glimpses of brilliance in the world cup. Salah didn't get far in the WC. Varane is a defender.
i think the days of a defender or a defensive player winning it are gone tbh. it will always be won by a goal scorer or a creative player. also modic is great on the eye. we all love to watch players like him and as you say winning the champions lge does help but i dont think many people would deny modric the win.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Crap, that was tonight? lol I totally forgot about it, and to be completely honest, I couldn't care less.

Anyway, congrats Modric! I hope this crap will motivate you to regain your form because you have been painfully dreadful so far this season, buddy.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:00 pm

You're right, I don't think many people would deny him the win. I just don't think he deserved it the most. He is a flashy player. I was actually more impressed by Rakitic' overall performance for Croatia, but Modric's game winning goal against Argentina definitely left more of a lasting impression.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 pm

I also would've loved to see Varane win it, but have no issues with Modric. Outside of Mbappe, no player left a better impression on me at the WC than him.

I, for one, am glad to see the duopoly finally broken.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:35 pm

McLewis wrote:

I, for one, am glad to see the duopoly finally broken.

This I agree with. And may it continue this way.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:47 pm

a bit strange since Ronaldo was clearly the best player in Real Madrid the 2nd half of last season... and Modric has sucked ass this season. Croatia didn't win a WC either.

Just very very odd winner.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:06 pm

sportsczy wrote: a bit strange since Ronaldo was clearly the best player in Real Madrid the 2nd half of last season...  and Modric has sucked ass this season.  Croatia didn't win a WC either.

Just very very odd winner.

The only way I can make sense of this, is if they deliberately left out Ronaldo in order to break up the duopoly, and Modric was picked because he arguably deserved to win it in the past. Either that, or Modric simply had the most impressionable season. Oh, well.. I never get the impression that these votes are particularly rationalized. One year, the international comps trumps all, the next year, league performance matters most. Sometimes, the CL is held in higher regard. And other times, international comps don't seem to hold that much weight after all. It's all about fun, ain't it? Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:00 am

Anyone else thought Modric had already won this?

Anyways where are all the ones that predicted that CR/Messi would win this Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:11 am

I would be joyed with Fakenaldo not getting another Fake d'Or if they didn't give it to another fake player. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 am

Happy for modric hope this helps lift his spirit a bit and gives the team a boost.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 am

I mean, Ronaldo really was the reason Madrid's 2nd half of the season was fruitful but whatever. Genuinely glad a non goal scorer won it, maybe this might open up for defenders and even goalies to actually get a proper chance to win it. This award needs to get back some luster ffs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:21 am

It would be odd if it were meant to be given to the best footballer who is Messi. But that's  not what BDor is.  

CR not winning it is not odd at all. He was shit in the league and his Champions campaign is overrated and nothing like the insane form he showed in 16/17.

Couldn't play the first 5 games in la Liga due to pushing against Barca in the super cup when we were majestic. Destroyed our momentum completely and had 4 goals at the end of the year out of which 2 were penalties. We were 11 (or 16!?) points behind Barca already but that time.

In the CL he was good in the group stage, but in the knockout stages he played 2 good games against PSG away and Juve away and scored that goal in the process. He was awful at home in both legs, scored 2 penalties and a tap in. Against Bayern and liverpool he had the worst performances I recall coming from a top attacker playing on a winning CL team at that stage in the competition in the last 15 years.

2 good months in March and April and a good start playing for Juve in Serie A doesn't make for a balon dor claim
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:22 am

Most pathetic winner ever

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:31 am

I still dont understand how sneijder didnt win in 2010 if we are giving modric balon dor this time around

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 am

Clutch wrote:I still dont understand how sneijder didnt win in 2010 if we are giving modric balon dor this time around

Easy. Uefadrid. Everybody has been laughing at Harmonica since the dawn of time, but everything he's been telling us all these years has been recently falling into place with pinpoint accuracy. Coincidence? I think not. Think about it:

1. Immediately after Ronaldo leaves Madrid, a rape case from 10 years ago appeared out of the blue as if somebody with big financial muscle and scary political power had been blocking it all along.

2. Even after losing Ronaldo, Madrid still managed to win the BdO. The latter lost all protection and exposure, and as a result, he lost the award that he would've definitely won had he still been at Madrid. And where did it go to? To a guy with similar achievements to Sneijder who couldn't win because Inter aren't as powerful and corrupt as Madrid.

3. As opposed to Atlético and Barcelona, Madrid was able to reduce to transfer ban down to only one window and had its 580m-stadium-renovation plans greenlighted even though they only have enough money in the bank to sign teenagers from Brazil.

Harmonica was right all along and we simply weren't smart enough to see the obvious.

#Conspiracy
#Uefadrid
#Corruption

Last edited by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 am

Ronaldo was clearly the deserved winner, would have won too if he didn't leave Madrid or get involved in that rape scandal.

World Cup years are too valued, no matter what the scale is, it's a freaking cup, it's 5% of the season and should be viewed as such when an award like this is decided.

Now whether he did rape that girl or not, I don't know, but as far as football goes, Ronaldo was the best.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 am

Congrats to Modric, the deserved winner in my book.

Shameful what that DJ said to Hegerberg, though!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 am

God, if you guys have a problem with Modric winning you wouldn't like the American MVP award winners. I can tell you that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 am

S wrote:Most pathetic winner ever

So true. Rakitic was on about the same level as Modrić and he's 19th, even below Pogba Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 am

Kick wrote:Congrats to Modric, the deserved winner in my book.

I thought that was more lame and unprofessional than sexist, to be honest. Ada had the same impression, and didn't make much fuzz out of it. I'm sure he's learnt his lesson, yet people are still bombarding him on the internet and social media, which is simply redundant.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:44 am

Thimmy wrote:

I thought that was more lame and unprofessional than sexist, to be honest. Ada had the same impression, and didn't make much fuzz out of it. I'm sure he's learnt his lesson, yet people are still bombarding him on the internet and social media, which is simply redundant.

Regardless of what anyone considers it, an award of this kind should be treated seriously otherwise you make a mockery of everyone involved. Jokes and silliness should be reserved for the moments between the awards.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 am

Kick wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Regardless of what anyone considers it, an award of this kind should be treated seriously otherwise you make a mockery of everyone involved. Jokes and silliness should be reserved for the moments between the awards.

That, I agree with. It was unprofessional. No one but himself can confirm or deny whether or not his intentions were sexist, but the internet sure as hell want it to be.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:28 am

It was sexist full stop. For me there is no question about it. He would never have asked a male player a question like that.

That shit had me fuming.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next