Serie A Civil War

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Arquitescu on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Whilst my statement was appealing for an audience to show their agreement with me, never would I put it down as a fact but a general observation of mine that WILL be shared by others here.

You on the otherhandbasically performed two errors:

Cherrypicking (with those articles)

&

Anecdotal evidence

Something Juve fanatic rincon just did along with strawmanning my statement because it suits his agenda to support other Italian clubs, without realising its a statement saying the Italian mutual support of other clubs in Europe by Italians is false and no amount of exceptions will overcome that.

To which by that logic I can perform the same from growing up in San Sebastian seeing none of which you said or my times in Brescia.

Supporting a league is something more so Bundesliga fans do more so given their teams admittedly rather mediocre so, nope.

Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 8001
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Robespierre on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:53 pm

I had stopped to respond because a saying adfirms " don't feed a troll" , and I feel it is going to be  off topic. But Boreva insists on it , so excuse me

Boreva , I'll make it short

@breva wrote:Well, perhaps we travel in different circles.

C


Exactly.
Different circles :

me :


you:




I said simply as it is the Italian reality everyday. Stop. Lived every day since I'm fan.

If you are serious- because you are out of touch- should stop it because you are saying just BSs.
You have  extrapolate 2 diplomatic sentences by Berlusconi ( moreover the man had/must show as the politician the of the Italian people. even renzi said it but everyone knows he is Fiorentina fan and can't think this Laughing) and Galliani , a crap site ( what about the blog of your neighbour? I am curious to read it ) , a youtube vid lmao



avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12260
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Robespierre on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:55 pm

@Arquitescu wrote: is something that seems to be of Italians in English speaking countries who are 3rd generation Italians or even 1/4 Italians who "are in touch with their Italian side" and use random out of context Italian words in the middle of English sentences.

Fans who actually live in Italia or who grew up there or more importantly who UNDERSTAND actual Calcio culture do NOT support their rivals.


Spot on Arq, spot on
For example I notice this on twitter

_________________
Remember what the dormouse said
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12260
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by rincon on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Totally flawed logic. That you didn't see something doesn't prove that it doesn't exist. On the other hand, to see it proves it does.

To deny the existence or validity of something that exists and isn't uncommon is just burying your head in the sand to push an idea.

In the end it is not breva who came out criticizing how you choose to follow and understand football, it was you and robes who did.

Your choice about whatever you choose to do with regards of supporting your club, and hating others, is not more valid than bill's or breva's or mine's. The need to speak absolutely about how something so subjective should be done is just insecurity


Last edited by rincon on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11660
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Robespierre on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:58 pm

@rincon wrote:You all telling breva what he should support like a bunch of teenagers forcing a perspective to be cool.

All these absolute statements about who "lives in Italy and understand calcio" doest supoort X and "no single person" in Italy support X is total BS.

Here, in Europe, I watch most matches with Italians, from Italy, and all of them support Italian teams in Europe. From around Pescara, from Bologna, and from Torino. Just out of Italy for Erasmus or theses, I guess none of them understand either. It's the same with my extended family, the one in Rome and the one in Naples.

The inferiority complex is acting like there is a right or wrong way to support a club just to justify your perspective and feel superior.




I am saying how it is in Italy. In Italy you won't meet Italians fan to support rivalries.

Breva said me  I'm anomaly but clearly he doesnìt know the place. In my life I have never seen someone acts differently,

It is not inferiority complexes, It is rivalry. You can't wish better for your rivals.


Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12260
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Firenze on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:58 pm

@RealGunner move these posts to a thread called Serie A Civil War IMO
avatar
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 27477
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Arquitescu on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:59 pm

You are right Robes it really is prevalent on Football twitter where fans there seeming to have the collective IQ of Polenta despite exceptions, and resort to excruciatingly similar logic as displayed above.

Using Silvio Berlusconi as an example who is a senile out of touch pagliaccio who STILL lectures each Milan coach to use the 4-3-1-2 no matter what just slayed your argument by default.

Milanisti cheering Icardi when he scored versus Barca and Juventini acting ANNOYINGLY as the pious shepards for other Italian teams competing in Europe is either maddening or infuriating or both.

Still have heart palpitations thinking Inters 2010 CL win.

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 8001
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Robespierre on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:59 pm

@Firenze wrote:@RealGunner move these posts to a thread called Serie A Civil War IMO


Agreed.

_________________
Remember what the dormouse said
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12260
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by rincon on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:03 pm

@Robespierre wrote:
@rincon wrote:You all telling breva what he should support like a bunch of teenagers forcing a perspective to be cool.

All these absolute statements about who "lives in Italy and understand calcio" doest supoort X and "no single person" in Italy support X is total BS.

Here, in Europe, I watch most matches with Italians, from Italy, and all of them support Italian teams in Europe. From around Pescara, from Bologna, and from Torino. Just out of Italy for Erasmus or theses, I guess none of them understand either. It's the same with my extended family, the one in Rome and the one in Naples.

The inferiority complex is acting like there is a right or wrong way to support a club just to justify your perspective and feel superior.




I am saying how it is in Italy. In Italy you won't meet Italians fan to support rivalries.

But of course you will. You are just referring to the circle you move in. That is all. I've met plenty, frequently meet plenty, no doubt that I will continue to meet plenty more.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11660
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Arquitescu on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:03 pm



To all Italians in Italia who support other Italian teams.

Let it be known the only valid reason to support a direct rival in Europe is when Serie A were fighting for a 3rd spot rather than 4th for CL places.

Currently Serie A is a marginal point above even the EPL. There is zero need for that now.

JUST BE NORMAL Laughing

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 8001
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Robespierre on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:05 pm

[now I know @RealGunner can shift post on other section , I haven't problems to continue ]

Not sure if Robespierre or Nicola Berti

yet an Inter fan should know former  legend...
How dare to wear this shirt !1!1 @breva (@nishankly)

avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12260
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Serie A Civil War

Post by Robespierre on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:18 pm

@Arquitescu wrote:You are right Robes it really is prevalent on Football twitter where fans there seeming to have the collective IQ of Polenta despite exceptions, and resort to excruciatingly similar logic as displayed above.

Using Silvio Berlusconi as an example who is a senile out of touch pagliaccio who STILL lectures each Milan coach to use the 4-3-1-2 no matter what just slayed your argument by default.

Milanisti cheering Icardi when he scored versus Barca and Juventini acting ANNOYINGLY as the pious shepards for other Italian teams competing in Europe is either maddening or infuriating or both.

Still have heart palpitations thinking Inters 2010 CL win.


For me Juve are best team in Europe now, I haven't problems to say it (even if I'd not like to do it ) but I can't wish their victory even if it could be deserved.
I've never seen Juve to win in CL (I don't remember 96) and frankly I am not ready on it.
I 've seen 2 times Milan to do it, and it was suffering experience , especially in 2007 (but just because 2003 was against Juve, otherwise that semifinal...............) Laughing
Unfortunately unforgettable the noise for the whole night by Milan fans , I remember I went still at high school and my Blond schoolmate girl worn Red-Black the day after updated the concept of Odi et amo.
I don't dare to imagine if Juve win what it is going to be Italy this summer. They expect just this. As us in 2010.
I admitt it, I bought even Gerrard shirt in 2005 Laughing not done for Real in 2017 just because I'm 28 now and I don't spend shirts for other teams Laughing
But in this , rivals fan should accept joy and fest by their rivals for the whole year because of a "common Serie A feeling". But of course.

_________________
Remember what the dormouse said
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12260
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Arquitescu on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Amusing anecdotes from Robes that collectively sum up various anecdotes of the pain a said Juve/Inter/Milan fan have in their moments of pain seeing each other succeed collectively in the latter stages of Europe and the pain can be shared ironically with other rival fans who can reciprocate the terrible sorrow but such IS what Calcio rivalry is.

"I remember my Milanisti born family who range from the outskirts of Monza crying in tears of pain after Real Madrid destroyed Juventus last year" Crying or Very sad

Said no one ever.

Supporting rivals simply dilutes the meaning of rivalry itself.

Thankfully the Gialuca McFadden Kowalski's may continue to do so whilst in the homeland its as common as good comedy is in the city of Napoli.

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 8001
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by BusterLfc on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:10 pm

@Robespierre wrote:
@Arquitescu wrote:You are right Robes it really is prevalent on Football twitter where fans there seeming to have the collective IQ of Polenta despite exceptions, and resort to excruciatingly similar logic as displayed above.

Using Silvio Berlusconi as an example who is a senile out of touch pagliaccio who STILL lectures each Milan coach to use the 4-3-1-2 no matter what just slayed your argument by default.

Milanisti cheering Icardi when he scored versus Barca and Juventini acting ANNOYINGLY as the pious shepards for other Italian teams competing in Europe is either maddening or infuriating or both.

Still have heart palpitations thinking Inters 2010 CL win.


For me Juve are best team in Europe now, I haven't problems to say it (even if I'd not like to do it ) but I can't wish their victory even if it could be deserved.
I've never seen Juve to win in CL (I don't remember 96) and frankly I am not ready on it.
I 've seen 2 times Milan to do it, and it was suffering experience , especially in 2007 (but just because 2003 was against Juve, otherwise that semifinal...............) Laughing
Unfortunately unforgettable the noise for the whole night by Milan fans , I remember I went still at high school and my Blond schoolmate girl worn Red-Black the day after updated the concept of Odi et amo.
I don't dare to imagine if Juve win what it is going to be Italy this summer. They expect just this. As us in 2010.
I admitt it, I bought even Gerrard shirt in 2005 Laughing not done for Real in 2017 just because I'm 28 now and I don't spend shirts for other teams Laughing
But in this , rivals fan should accept joy and fest by their rivals for the whole year because of a "common Serie A feeling". But of course.


Laughing
avatar
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2019
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by breva on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:42 am

@Robespierre wrote:I had stopped to respond because a saying adfirms " don't feed a troll" , and I feel it is going to be  off topic. But Boreva insists on it , so excuse me

Boreva , I'll make it short

@breva wrote:Well, perhaps we travel in different circles.

C


Exactly.
Different circles :

me :


you:




I said simply as it is the Italian reality everyday. Stop. Lived every day since I'm fan.

If you are serious- because you are out of touch- should stop it because you are saying just BSs.
You have  extrapolate 2 diplomatic sentences by Berlusconi ( moreover the man had/must show as the politician the of the Italian people. even renzi said it but everyone knows he is Fiorentina fan and can't think this Laughing) and Galliani , a crap site ( what about the blog of your neighbour? I am curious to read it ) , a youtube vid lmao

I think we know who the bullshitter is, and it isn't me.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPPa_23i5OgsECWIdjU59QD7vWBfVchEbRiETt3


Last edited by breva on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : photo insert)
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1932
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by breva on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:13 am

From a local blog.

"Risposte
Classificazione
๓เรtєг๏♥️I♡N..N♡G
Migliore risposta: Sono pienamente d'accordo con te!!!
Prima di essere tifosa,sono sportiva ed Italiana,per cui sarò sempre pronta per sostenere tutte le squadre italiane impegnate nelle coppe europee;non potrei mai rinnegare la mia Patria,come purtroppo fanno alcuni pseudo-tifosi,e come già hanno fatto alcuni Napoletani come me in occasione di Italia-Argentina,quando rinnegarono la Nazionale per tifare Maradona...tutto ha un limite,e per mia fortuna quel limite io lo conosco.
P.S.
Anche se in tante squadre giocano calciatori di diverse nazionalità,quello che conta è la maglia,solo quello è il vero motivo del nostro orgoglio Italiano...le nostre maglie in Europa saranno sempre il vero vanto!
Forza Juve...Forza Inter...Forza Roma... "

Fedeazzurra4ever
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1932
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Kaladin on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:23 am

Fuck Juve and Inter

_________________
avatar
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 21887
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by breva on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:47 am

Breva's front yard in Tirrenia, (PI) Italy, with his Sportster, car and daughter's scooter.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMsCjz5u7pmzoYYrSlOEXjRnK7rfOSz5q6RMsJiI5on7AsL8_c-bU3v2NY_Y3Zk1A?key=ejBvZXNyd1Zad0N5T1JMVXY4SXN2TVVJd3Z3eDJn

Robespierre is a fraud, like his namesake.  And, is he really Italian?  Why would he take the name of a french nutcase?



Cartoon showing Robespierre guillotining the executioner after having guillotined everyone else in France.
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1932
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Kaladin on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:49 am

Incredible feud @RG @S @Firenze

_________________
avatar
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 21887
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Firenze on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:54 am

GL Mania main event worthy now I got the W on S and Unique's gimmick isn't going over in an era where Trump and his supporters have made being a complete fucking numpty an everyday thing. Really enjoying this one. Lumber-Jack match with the Serie A thread regulars IMO.

avatar
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 27477
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Luca on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:13 am

I’d rather not watch the sport then support Inter even if they were playing a team of my ex girlfriends

That ain’t it chief

At best, you’ll catch me as a neutral when other Italian teams play in Europe but I never support them. I’m just indifferent, particularly when it’s between two teams I don’t like- Inter vs Bayern final was an extremely tough day and Hans let me down but anyways, I’m over it
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13500
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by M99 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:15 am

Re: inferiority complex

Absolutely agree that this "support the league" BS came out of inferiority complex. Back when Serie A was a powerhouse in Europe and not a one team league this was non-existent. I remember the support the league popping up in late 2000s along with vitriolic hatred for the Premier League. Now, I am actually seeing PL fans doing this nowadays with Barca/Madrid being the object of hatred. I did see a lot of PL team fans heavily rooting for Liverpool in the CL final.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26994
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Doc on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:23 am

@Kaladin wrote:Fuck Juve and Inter

Spoken like a true Villareal fan.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11902
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by breva on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:38 am

Most Italians are patriots. Robes is either not Italian or an outlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mczHiP-1C7k
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1932
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Firenze on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:48 am

I have no idea as for Italy itself as a culture, but I've come across it often over here, I remember someone being flabbergasted that I wanted Madrid to obliterate Liverpool - I should have supported them as they were an English team against a Spanish team.

We should remember that Football is a sport enjoyed by many, but not to the same extent as others. The kind of ppl that propagate this line of thinking are almost always complete casuals. Now, obviously people posting online about the game are far more than casuals, but I'd suspect that hardcore fans that adhere to that line of thinking are most def an outlier.

I definitely have a hard time imagining Italian fans are mostly patriots though, especially with the whole ULTRA culture in Italian football. They seem to be quite sizable and often have some influence.
avatar
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 27477
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Doc on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:27 am

To put into perspective, The West Indies Cricket team brings various Nations together and we support that team with all we have. When it boils down to regional cricket, I support my own and my own alone. So, there is nothing wrong with being patriotic but that's on a National level. This is club level. If I ever see Firenze support Liverpool, he is dead to me but I saw him support his Nation (England?) because of National pride to which I honestly appreciate.

I honestly won't understand why an Inter fan would ever support Juve. They ridicule the club and its fans constantly and as far as I am aware, Inter is an Italian team.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11902
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie A Civil War

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum