We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season

Post by sportsczy on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Lets just face the truth and move on.

We have a mathematical chance at things so our veteran players are playing somewhat hard. Imagine when the season is packed in... Marcelo, Ramos, Bale, Benzema, Kroos and Modric will all pull out their lawn chairs during games.

I'm just hoping we qualify for CL. That's my only wish for this season.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Re: We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season

Post by Doc on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:45 pm

On our making too. You'll think the club would have strengthened after they sold Ronaldo but no, let's not try to get anyone. Emphasis on try. If Madrid tried and failed to secure top level signings, then I could get that but I don't think (and I see no indication to believe otherwise) the club tried to strengthen meaningfully.

All good to believe in young players but unlike Football Manager, that honestly rarely works.

Last edited by Doc on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:45 pm

I wouldn’t say that about Marcelo but the rest is true.

Many of us have been making the same points for years now that the squad needed refreshing. It should have been done incrementally over 2-3 years but now we have 5-6 STARTING players who just jog around and couldn’t be fussed with winning.

Earlier in the Zidane era we could have made tweaks to keep things running even longer. My fear is now that we need wholesale changes, it will be incredibly difficult to offload this large chunk of deadweight at anything close to their “true” value.

But to your point, yes we are playing like an upper mid table team. As I’ve repeatedly mentioned, no manager is going to be able to fix this problem, least of all Solari. I feel for Solari just as I felt for Lope.

I personally don’t really care if we qualify for CL. We have had so many shocking performances over the past 2 years with absolutely no response from Perez, that maybe a shock to the system like failing to qualify for the CL will be the shock to the system we need.
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:50 pm

My worry is that Flo has a lot of pride... he's invested political capital in building through kids. Knowing the man, he may keep the philosophy until he has no choice but to change the philosophy.

I don't see that breaking point happening for a couple of years UNLESS we don't make CL.

So to your point Deez, it may be a good thing to miss CL lol.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:03 pm

We even pick managers like a mid table team that cannot afford another manager. Seriously, Solari watched Valverde and Llorente (2 players way more accustomed to the DM role) and said Ceballos would do. I honestly understand why Zidane left.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:10 pm

@Doc wrote:We even pick managers like a mid table team that cannot afford another manager. Seriously, Solari watched Valverde and Llorente (2 players way more accustomed to the DM role) and said Ceballos would do. I honestly understand why Zidane left.

Away no less.  Ceballos as the holding mid at home... we may have gotten away with (big maybe).  But there's no excuse for making that choice away.

And I personally would have subbed Bale, Asensio and Ceballos at halftime.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Look, it was obvious that we would run into trouble with our poor planning and cheap transfer policy. I'm just glad that the Madrid section still has a few honest posters who call it like it is, don't try to come up with excuses for the inexcusable and don't stand for mediocrity. I respect you so much.

As for the rest, you absolutely have no voice to sing. You thought this squad was good enough and it was a good idea for us not to spend heavily to rejuvenate the squad with elite blood. To you I say, You have low standards and very acute fanboyism, and the fact that you weren't able to foresee the dire consequences of such a dreadful transfer policy is testimony to how biased and "bright" you are. Enjoy getting roflstomped, you deserve every thrashing you get.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:02 pm

To be fair, those that liked the squad as is aren't:
Socios that could change anything
Running the club
Florentino Perez

We are just fans voicing our opinions. Someone should send the GL link to Perez though.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Manchester United have a better record than we do (barely; but worth noting since they suck too).

Are we turning into Man U?

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:11 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Are we turning into Man U?

No because in order for us to turn into Manchester United, we need to spend. You should rather compare us to another mid-table team in La Liga who rarely every spends. I don't know, Valladolid maybe?

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:11 pm

And why is Doc writing a poem for god's sake?

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:48 pm

We're the richest club in the world pretending to be a poverty team Laughing

A bit ridiculous really...

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:51 pm

I have no words. There's no point in even making an analytical post or whatever. We suck bad. Just bench all the senior players (besides benz, out of all players, don't get me wrong he's still not madrid quality), and play the kids. keep asensio on the bench as well

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:02 pm

I'm all for benching players like Ramos, Modric and Bale but their wages alone makes it impossible to bench them.

If this shit show continues till the end of the season then i hope Perez goes bonkers and sales a bunch of them and brings 5-6 new players in.

the hunger is gone. they have achieved what other players dream of and right now there is nothing motivating to them. there is no fight in them.

2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:06 pm

You mean Modric, Ramos, Bale AND Benzema. Let's not exclude him now (:

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:12 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:I have no words. There's no point in even making an analytical post or whatever. We suck bad. Just bench all the senior players (besides benz, out of all players, don't get me wrong he's still not madrid quality), and play the kids. keep asensio on the bench as well

You only say this because Benzema is the only healthy CF we have Laughing

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:45 pm

@sportsczy wrote:
@FennecFox7 wrote:I have no words. There's no point in even making an analytical post or whatever. We suck bad. Just bench all the senior players (besides benz, out of all players, don't get me wrong he's still not madrid quality), and play the kids. keep asensio on the bench as well

You only say this because Benzema is the only healthy CF we have Laughing

We need to play Isco or Asensio in that position.They are old school 10s that refuse to change their style of play or adapt. Or they need to be sold. Good players but very overrated. Chads a lunatic but he has a point when he says isco and asensio dribble into corners all the time. And they haven't shown any improvement.

And yep. Benz is all we got. It's AMAZING how people STILL defend that guy and shit on a legend who scored countless goals and pulled us to back to back CL wins. At this point, Mamad, Chad aren't madrid fans, you're benzema dick riders

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:50 pm

If i'm a Benzema dick rider then you are a Ronaldo cock sucker. I didn't say Benzema because atleast he tries. for me there is nothing interesting about Benzema and i'm not a fan of him. i just defend him against stupid people who blame everything on him.

And i'm all for signing a better striker. but seeing People give Ramos, Asensio, Bale, Modric and other players who are playing worse a pass and just badmouth Benzema amazes me. how ignorant can a person be.

2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Back on topic, i hope Solari benches Bale and changes the midfield against Roma.

2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 pm

Benzema has been shit for 3 seasons. So yeah, he sucks. sorry. Ronaldo is one of the greatest players this club has ever had. i feel bad for you, you should be getting paid with the amount of dick sucking you give to our worst starting CF in the past few years.

Calling DoC, me, other posters who are critical of him stupid just shows how far his dick is up your ass. calling you and chad out. kind of ridiculous at this point

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Lol, I woke up super early to watch this shit and actually couldn't keep myself from falling back to sleep at half time. Woke up at the 89th minute to see we were losing THREE GOALS DOWN. Proceeded to turn computer off immediately.

I personally want to see Solari guillotined after these Ceballos shenanigans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:47 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:Benzema has been shit for 3 seasons. So yeah, he sucks. sorry. Ronaldo is one of the greatest players this club has ever had. i feel bad for you, you should be getting paid with the amount of dick sucking you give to our worst starting CF in the past few years.

Calling DoC, me, other posters who are critical of him stupid just shows how far his dick is up your ass. calling you and chad out. kind of ridiculous at this point

Again i never said he is the best or greatest or anything. i only mention Benzema when some ignorant people like you say stupid things about him or blame everything on him.

And i'm not talking about all the other posters. i'm talking about you and one or two others who just open your mouth without thinking first.

Ronaldo is the most overrated player of all time. and he never truly respected the Madrid shirt or the fans. he is all about himself and that's what i hate about him. he is a Juventus player now. i know it breaks your heart but you have to let it go.

2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:41 am

I was the biggest critic of CR ever... but he his one of the greatest. He showed that his last 5 years at Madrid. Absolutely no question.

Nothing overrated about his football. Still in asshole... but that's a separate issue.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:15 pm

@Mamad wrote:Back on topic, i hope Solari benches Bale and changes the midfield against Roma.

We steamrolled Roma in one of our few, positive matches under Lopetegui. That was easily one of the most entertaining matches I've watched in recent years. Considering how many people on here claimed Lopetegui was the main cause of our issues, it would make sense for us to at least put up a decent fight in the second leg, no? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Say what you will about Lucas but he'd never play like he dgaf. He should be a starter until we buy a better player. Oh and I hope Lope and Solari are happy with themselves for ostracising Llorente who is the ONLY natural back up we havd to Casemiro. If Solari wants to be half as successful as ZZ wad, he needs to make the tough decisions. Llorente needs to play when Casemiro is unavailable, Modric needs to sit, Asensio needs to sit, Bale needs to sit etc. Until he makes the tough but necessary changes we'll still take a step forward and two backwards like we have done all season. Oh and *slow clap* for leaving Mariano at home rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next