VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Welcome Brahim Diaz! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome Brahim Diaz!

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 06, 2019 6:38 am

Doc wrote:I still don't mind Vasquez coming off the bench (if he minds that is another story) but Asensio clearly doesn't have the mental fortitude to really shine in this team. Which sucks as I was a real fan of his...

We need to find a new Vasquez for Zidane 2nd Era. A new Vasquez and a new Nacho. Those are past it

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 06, 2019 12:53 pm

agree with valkyrja, vazquez and nacho will be 28 and 30 next season respectively, these are no longer kids, and imo they have reached the best they can reach. if at 28 and 30 you're still being looked at as an average back up (not even a supersub), i say its time for the club to look at other younger options they can build upon. nothing against those 2; but its the reality of the situation
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Problem is no player want to be the 3rd option off the bench. Those guys are hard to replace because they accept a bench role and they have enough quality and experience that you can rely on them. I would personally enjoy if we bring back Hermoso for example but I would also understand if he doesn't want to be a 4th option CB
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Doc wrote:It's like Madrid forgot that wingers are suppose to actually be able to take on their man constantly. Sigh. Anyway, Diaz and Vini (and hopefully Hazard) would bring things back to some sane place.
am I riiiiiiiiite? I mean watching Madrid and seeing wingers go at fullbacks not knowing what to do is so refreshing to me. I love it, moaaaar please I need moar
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 06, 2019 5:41 pm

kids shouldn't stay at Madrid... I'm gonna keep saying this. Unless you're a phenom, it's not to your benefit. Go out and gain some experience and then come back to be a regular.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 06, 2019 7:22 pm

I believe it will come down to either Asensio or Brahim stays with club next season. Both will likely go to training camp! Certainly after past few games, the edge goes to Brahim.

I say this as I believe front 3 or 4 (including backups) next year will be Benzema, Jovic, Hazard, Vinicius, Rodrygo, likely Raul de Tomas and then also included as squad player Lucas. That's more than enough but if they play 4 attackers, there is room for one of Asensio or Brahim or even possibly Isco, although at this point I kind of doubt that.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 pm

@Bill. We're signing a veteran right winger. We have to. I don't see us going into next season with kids + Asensio/Isco/Lucas. Need a more proven quantity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 06, 2019 9:25 pm

They has been ZERO news / hints / nada from the club re another winger. The only news re RW exists here in GL. I say it is a figment of your mind! The starters IMO are going to be Benzema, Hazard, Jovic or Vinicius!

And given Rodrygo is reported the better of the two, we will likely see Rodrygo enter into picture before season’s end.

Last week you were saying get rid of entire midfield, now you seem to be saying same re forwards with exception of Benz!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 06, 2019 9:51 pm

Asensio is a 0, mentality of a puss, a winger that can't dribble will never amount to anything unless he has another elite skill, which Asensio doesn't.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 07, 2019 12:09 am

Asensio let me down big time this season. Diaz, whom was in the shadow realm since he came, is taking his chance. Vini, fresh from Castilla and Brasilian League, took his chance and now looks like he'll probably be part of the 1st team for the foreseeable future. Asensio, sigh, I really don't know what happened but I think a loan might sort his head out. You can't be a wuss at this club, you just can't.

Also, we do have an experience RW lol. His name is Lucas Vasquez Proud What we need are talented RWs, not so much experience.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 07, 2019 12:23 am

I don’t know what happened to Asensio nor Isco for that matter. It is extremely difficult to assess what happened to both of them. They both went from extremely good performances at WC as well as good last season. Mindset is obviously part of it, but there has to be more to it. Zidane did have confidence in both if them and you can see he is trying to rejuvenate them and I’m sure he is equally puzzled. However, hE does have to make a decision, can he get them back to what they were as well as will there be a spot for them in the renewed lineup? I suspect the answer in both cases is probably not!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 07, 2019 12:57 am

Lucas was our best and most productive RWer this year... ponder that for a second lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 07, 2019 1:19 am

Not sure what your point is Sports. We all know how bad this year’s team has been been! Lucas won’t be a starter nor will he likely be 2nd choice re RW.

I think it’s pretty clear, the starters will be Hazard, Benz, Jovic or Vinicius, if they play with 3 Cms or all 4 of them if it’s 2.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 07, 2019 1:37 am

futbol_bill wrote:I don’t know what happened to Asensio nor Isco for that matter. It is extremely difficult to assess what happened to both of them. They both went from extremely good performances at WC as well as good last season. Mindset is obviously part of it, but there has to be more to it. Zidane did have confidence in both if them and you can see he is trying to rejuvenate them and I’m sure he is equally puzzled. However, hE does have to make a decision, can he get them back to what they were as well as will there be a spot for them in the renewed lineup? I suspect the answer in both cases is probably not!

i'm surprised that you're surprised. and i think 'extremely good performances' at the wc is pushing it
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 07, 2019 2:27 am

futbol_bill wrote:Not sure what your point is Sports. We all know how bad this year’s team has been been! Lucas won’t be a starter nor will he likely be 2nd choice re RW.

I think it’s pretty clear, the starters will be Hazard, Benz, Jovic or Vinicius, if they play with 3 Cms or all 4 of them if it’s 2.

Point is how our planning was so piss poor this season... You had older guys coming back from the world cup, no depth and wishful thinking all across the board.

Basically talking to myself lol. It was a traumatic year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 07, 2019 2:35 am

I mean, your country won the World Cup so you at least have that. Sure, Marseille and Madrid had diarrhea all over the place but World Champions is still a thing lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 07, 2019 3:02 am

In my opinion, it was not the wrong strategy to look at players like Asensio and Isco at the start of last season, and to say "the team is yours". However they were a complete flop.

For a club like Madrid, attackers need to be elite at a level where they have a multi dimensional game: they can create with the ball and without it. Asensio is unable of doing that, he has an incredible shot, but it's hard for him to dribble to create separation and to uncork his shot. Isco, i think he started the year great and got injured, but then he decided to fight with Solari and that was it.

We can move on from both, thanks for participating.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 07, 2019 12:16 pm

You don't gamble with no backup if you're Madrid.

They gambled the entire attack on Bale, Benzema, Isco and Asensio... all of them were big risks.  I'd argue that odds were against pretty much all of them.  3 of them were bench players under ZZ by the time he left and the other isn't an alpha.  Benzema eventually coming good was the only one that worked (the only regular from last year).

Also, Modric was coming off a WC and was aging.  Casemiro is injury prone and coming off a poor season.  Kroos was the only one that could be considered a sure thing (he wasn't).  Yet, you count on a bunch of nobody kids to back them up?

On defense, Nacho, Reguilon (less than the others) and the other fullback whose name I can't spell pretty much shat the bed.  Varane just won a WC and had your typical post WC swoon.  Ramos wasn't exactly great either.

I won't even get into buying Courtois to replace Navas.

Hindsight is 20/20...  but we gambled that a bunch of kids would step up.  None of them did.  We didn't address any of our problems with know quantities. In short, we acted like Monaco has done for years as opposed to what a club like Madrid should.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 07, 2019 12:44 pm

i will properly assess brahim next season; i'm not using the last 11 meaningless games to analyze how good or how bad a player is or can be. when next season starts, and (hopefully, i must stress the term 'hopefully') we get some depth and competition for places, as well as competing on all 3 fronts for titles, that will provide more of an idea on what kind of players we have

what we see from these games is he has the potential, but the mental pressure isn't there yet, considering we are not playing for anything; that pressure will come from competition from places and actually competing for titles. for youngsters its not just about development from a skill standpoint, but developing mental fortitude as well.

so yeah, these last la liga games have had zero influence on me. we'll get a proper view of things when the actual season starts. he's still young so there's a lot of time for him to learn and be molded, but he has to be mentally prepared for that at a club like this
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue May 07, 2019 5:05 pm

Brahim looks good. He has a bit of cockiness and confidence Not afraid to take on defense.

But there are so many young player. Who do you keep in the squad of 24 or 25 players.

Brahim
Vinicus
Odegaard
Rodrygo
De Tomas
Mayoral
Hakimi
Theo Hernandez

Then there's
James
Kovacic
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Of those that you listed I think Brahim, Vini, and RDT are going to be in the squad. (Mariano to be sold to make way for RDT).

Hakimi has another year left in Dortmund, and the rest will either go back out on loan or be sold. And Vini won't be on the periphery. I think he will be the first off the bench.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 07, 2019 7:34 pm

That’s quite a list, but reality is other than those Deez mentioned, none of the rest are no longer in the club’s plans.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:THIS SHORTY IS A BALLER

I AM HIS N1 FAN :bow:

B-A-L-L-E-R
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:56 pm

What's the deal with Brahim?

Paid 20mil for him when he could have been free six months later. Now he not even making the team.

Injuries aside, he's been sidelined for the entire season. I've seen him play once as a sub this season.

Any insight on this? Is he just not good or is his age keeping him out the squad.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Just injuries. He was set to go out on loan in preseason, then Asensio went down for year and he had a chance but got injured again! Then in season, he has again been injured again and now is behind Bale, Vinicius, Rodrygo and Lucas for minutes!

I think he has had 3 or maybe it’s 4 injuries. He’ll need to go out on loan next season to develop.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:26 pm

Yeah, it's mostly injuries that has hampered his playing time considerably. When he used to come on at the tail end of last season, I think Zidane was liking what he was seeing. But injury after injury has left him in the cold in a huge way.

Not sure who is his agent but maybe a January loan move would be extremely ideal for the young man.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next