Manchester United vs Arsenal

Go down

Manchester United vs Arsenal

Post by Jay29 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am

It's indicative of how poor our record at Old Trafford is that even with United sucking hard at the moment, I can't be confident of not losing this game.

United will be without Smalling, Bailley and Young. Shaw is a doubt as well. Rojo might partner Jones in defence, or he could play left back with one of Matic or McTominay at the back. Whatever they choose, they won't have a first choice backline.

Despite that, I can envisage the numerous ways this game can go wrong. A late Fellaini header, Sanchez finally scoring a goal (even though he's injured), a Lingard screamer, and so on.

Guessing how we'll line-up is difficult. XHAKA is suspended, I'm not sure if Mustafi will be fully fit and we'll have to decide if we want to play Auba and Laca from the start, or keep Iwobi and Mkhitaryan in the team. We also don't know if Ozil will be fit or not.

I think we'll see:

Leno

Mustafi  Sokratis  Holding

Bellerin  Guendouzi  Torreira  Kolasinac

Ramsey

Lacazette  Aubameyang

But if we can't play three at the back, it'll probably be:

Leno

Bellerin  Sokratis  Holding  Kolasinac

Ramsey  Torreira  Guendouzi

Mkhitaryan  Aubameyang  Iwobi

Either way, if United have defensive frailties, I would like us to play Auba and Laca together.

Last edited by Jay29 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester United vs Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:20 am

This feels like that game back in the day when Rashford made his name Laughing

They missed a lot of players and we were in good form after beating Leicester in a late thriller. And then we lost here.

If there ever was the time to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford, it's now. They are crap and they are missing a lot of players.
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 am

Let's just go and fuck them up, tbh.
Fuck the Old Trafford curse, I have faith in Unai overcoming and eventually dismantling that.

Let's go Gunners!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:37 pm

I hope Mustafi is available and we continue with 3 at the back
would be good if Ramsey starts
COYG

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Perspolis

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm

@Sina wrote:I hope Mustafi is available and we continue with 3 at the back
would be good if Ramsey starts
COYG

your wishes done came true

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1070392427800903682

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Just fuck that game in all honesty. Obviously we should have won, but I guess old habits die hard on our own part.

Terrible team (United), terrible ground (Old Trafford).

Unbeaten run continues (the only positive).

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Well that was quite a game

All 4 goals were defensive errors. I thought we were a bit better than MU tonight and unlucky with couple of chances. We played ok 1st half but once again got better in 2nd half.

- Leno still has some errors in him, a better commanding goal keeper wouldn't let that 2nd goal in.
- Kolasinac is basically our winger at this point, the moment he had to get back to defend, he screwed up. At one point he played higher up than Abau
- Ramsey kinda show why he's such hot and cold, same go with Mkhi who was excellent when came on
- Iwobi while hardworking, has been less effective for quite sometimes.
- MU is bunch of thugs and it's 2 points lost for me
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Before the game, I would have been disappointed with a draw.

After the game, I feel okay about it.

Unsurprisingly, we lacked sharpness after the emotion and effort that went into the NLD. Our pressing and ball recovery wasn't anywhere near as snappy, and we didn't attack with any real energy.

You knew we were suffering when we didn't come out for the second half looking any better. Even then, we made two huge chances for Auba and Mkhitaryan that could have/should have won us the game.

But I can't complain too much about that because all four goals were comical and at no point did I feel we deserved the lead.

The bigger concern for me is fitness because our players were dropping like flies out there. Holding's injury doesn't look good (fingers crossed it's not ligaments, praying to all gods that it's not an ACL), Ramsey hurt his ankle, Torreira took about four knocks, Mustafi tweaked something, Kolasinac picked up a knock, Lacazette was hurt after his goal/Rojo OG...

All that in mind, it's not the worst point. If we follow this up with wins in the "easier" fixtures to come, I think we'll be okay.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 pm

@Sina wrote:Wolves H Sun Nov 11 - 16:30

Bournemouth A Sun Nov 25 - 13:30

Tottenham H Sun Dec 2 - 14:05
Manchester United A Wed Dec 5 - 20:00
Huddersfield H Sat Dec 8 - 15:00

affraid

well 7 points from those 3 matches
would have taken that

but still cant help but feel we should have beaten this rubbish utd side
cant complain, players had given a lot on Sunday

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Next four league games: Huddersfield (H), Southampton (A), Burnley (H), Brighton (A).

Anything less than 12 points is unacceptable imo.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:23 pm

yeah,We need to beat every non-top 6 side really
Liverpool/spurs rarely(if at all ) drop pts vs those

Spoiler:
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Could do with rotating the team a bit, too.

We do have Qarabag between Huddersfield and Southampton, so I wonder if Emery will be tempted to push with this starting eleven (or as close to it as possible) knowing he can rest everyone in mid-week.

But maybe we should rest Torreira, considering how many knocks he took tonight, and give Bellerin and Iwobi breaks too, since they've played nearly every game these past couple of months.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 pm

@Jay29 wrote:Next four league games: Huddersfield (H), Southampton (A), Burnley (H), Brighton (A).

Anything less than 12 points is unacceptable imo.

Pretty much agreed with this.

The rest of the league is poor trash, other teams around us aren't seeming to lose ground except only for Chelsea recently.

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 am

Guendouzi is still very green, that was the first thing that I noticed. XHAKA and Ozil were badly missed.

Iwobi was so ineffective, it was frustrating to watch him. Both him and Guendozi were passing sideways and backwards instead of taking on the players and if they did, they were losing the ball 90% of the time.

We need winger and more effective midfielder. Also, Torreria really needs the rest, AMN needs to step up big time.

AnJl
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by silver on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 am

Oh yeah every time Guendouzi got into the final third he had no idea what to do.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:12 am

Guendouzi is still young with lots to learn lol, cannot already be giving up on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:34 pm

Guendouzi was one of our most progressive players in the second half, as the numbers demonstrate:

https://arseblog.news/2018/12/manu-2-2-arsenal-by-the-numbers/

30 – Number of passes completed in the first half, of 35 attempted for 85% completion

35 – Number of passes completed in the second half, of 39 attempted for 90% completion

8 – Number of passes into and within the final third completed in the first half of 10 attempted for 80% completion

17 – Number of passes into and within the final third completed in the second half of 18 attempted for 94% completion

19 – Number of forward pass attempts in the first half, 54% of his first half passes

23 – Number of forward pass attempts in the second half, 59% of his second half passes

Matteo Guendouzi has been asked to make some big starts as a teenager with starts against Manchester City, Chelsea and now Manchester United. He hasn’t always been perfect and has made the mistakes expected of a young player but he certainly has never looked overawed by any of the situations.

In this match, it looked like United keyed on him as a player to pressure. Guendouzi handled it fairly well but played things pretty safe and didn’t as much progressing of the ball as normal for him. In the second half with a combination of United sitting deeper and possibly more confidence he became the focal point of our midfield thrust to advance the ball.

Looking at the statistic that I have for offensive value added that looks to measure how well a player progresses play with his passing and carrying of the ball backs up this observation. In the first half Guendouzi was a 0.02, essentially doing little to aid in Arsenal’s attack. In the second half he was able to impose his influence on the game more, especially with his combination play on the left with Sead Kolasinac and produced 0.23 in offensive value added.

As with any young player there will be growing pains and mistakes but the resilience and confidence of Guendouzi’s play really sets him apart in my mind.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down