Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door?

Go down

Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door?

Post by Art Morte on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Has there ever been a faster fall from grace after winning the BD prize?

Modric has looked like part of Real Madrid's "too old" problem this season. The guy was crowned the king of football yesterday, but who here thinks he's having a good season? Are we supposed to hail this guy for a year as the best player in the world? Do tell me when he actually puts in Balloon Door worthy performances this season.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Re: Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door?

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 am

he is exhausted after spending 3 years in a row playing deep into the summer in CL final and playing into exhaustion in the world cup this summer. The man was making non stop sprints at the 120 min in successive overtime games.

Anyone who is actually watching can see that he is tired. he will recover and still be great.

You should look at your team and look at how meh they look compared to last season. it's called fitness.

His achievements last season are already set in marble, that's why he won the Ballon d'or. he never pretended to be the best in the world, so dont worry about him.

find a new slant

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:50 am

fastest fall from grace was no doubt cannavaro. he actually had some bloody awful performances that year when he joined us. modric is good but i don't know about him getting all these awards to be honest, was he really the best player? good for him though
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:28 am

Which grace? Modric was at no point of time the top player in the world. Laughing

Boredom of Messi/Ronaldo duopoly + Ronaldo rape allegations + Ronaldo losing Madrid press support = awarding next best guy whose team won a lot.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:25 am

Barca fans before balon dor gala: CR is so shit, carried by that Madrid team whose best player is modric

After balon dor gala: can't believe this guy won the balon dor, not even the best player in his team, CR carried Madrid

Make your call guys, you're so volatile

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:13 am

@titosantill wrote:fastest fall from grace was no doubt cannavaro. he actually had some bloody awful performances that year when he joined us. modric is good but i don't know about him getting all these awards to be honest, was he really the best player? good for him though

I really didn't think Cannavaro was that great that year to begin with. If we're solely looking at the WC, then Zidane was clearly better. Of course that headbutt didn't help his case, but I have always thought that the BdO should only be about talent and performances.

If you want to reward a player for good behavior then make a separate trophy for it. Call it Nice d'Or or something. But the Bdo should only be about who performed the best and helped their team win the most trophies.

I'm not implying that Cannavaro didn't play well btw. I'm just saying that Zidane was clearly better and he shouldn't have lost it just because he headbutted a provocative player.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 am

Fall from grace? From whom? you? rofl

He just won Balon d'Or.
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:57 pm

no problem with cannavaro getting all those awards, from a defensive standpoint, he was solid, prior to joining us. i for one don't like the idea of players on the losing team in a world cup final getting the world cup golden ball, except some rare cases, when those players' performances stood out, ala based on the eye test i really liked robben's performances in 2014
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 pm

@guest7 wrote:Fall from grace? From whom? you? rofl

He just won Balon d'Or.

Yes, he just won it and already it looks certain that he won't even make the top-3 this season. That is very underwhelming for a player who is supposedly the best in the world right now.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:04 pm

That doesn't really matter modric isn't young anymore, all needs is a break and finish up the second half of the season strongly.

First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down