Art Morte
El Gunner
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
15 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:53 am

CBarca wrote:Kuzma sucks

Heartbreaking for Freeza. Just watched Nets play absolutely no offensive plays at all and Dudley and Russell just showed up and cashed a couple buckets to ice it

First time I praise in him in over a year and this happens. He gets absolutely abused on D and his coach does fuck all Laughing

Just lets it happen

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 am

Yeah Kuzma isn't a bad player overall but he's a black hole on defense and he's not a good enough player on offense to make that OK imo

Don't know anything about positions as far as whether that's all his fault or not but he needs to work on his defense

Why aren't they inbounding to Harris? I want him to boost my ft% ffs

At least Lonzo had a good game. That 3 he hit at the end was nice
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:03 am

McGee might be our most important player, because if he doesn’t play Luke will our Kuzma at Center.

Also please miss me with this Kuzma is better than Lonzo shit another time. If you’re this bad on defense you’re not even good enough to warrant playing time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:09 am

That second part isn't directed at me right

I'm the biggest non-Laker Lonzo supporter around ffs
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 am

CBarca wrote:That second part isn't directed at me right

I'm the biggest non-Laker Lonzo supporter around ffs

Yeah not directed at you. Directed at everyone saying it. Also outside GL.

I’m still amazed by Kuzma getting 1st team rookie last year. Pissed me off having to hear about how he was our best rookie from box score experts, while he was being cooked every single play last year.

Take his defensive performance tonight, and then imagine that he was actually worse last year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:19 am

People love stats lol, impact isn't something they can quantify in numbers.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:17 pm

What's going on with the Nets, though, they're on a six game W streak. That can't be right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:37 am

Donovan Mitchell has been god awful all year. If he was drafted by a team with offensive good players he would've never made an impact.

Clear as day now. 42/30 percentages, when it's literally all you're (supposed to be) above average at, then it's not a good look.

5 for 27. Jesus fucking christ.

Wouldn't trade Zubac for him
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:14 pm

He also played like an all star last year for a decent portion of the season

He's a young player, I think it's a bit difficult to tell if he was just really hot or now he's really cold. Hard to tell where his real level of play is.

We'll see in time
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Impressed with Westbrook so far this season in terms of making others around him better.

There's been exceptions obviously, but for the most part PG and Adams have been getting way more opportunities to showcase their abilities.

So far my prediction of them being the best challengers to Golden State in the West looks good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Bud is amazing

DJ Wilson who looked like a draft bust who didn't know how to play basketball is suddenly getting opportunities on the court and has been...really decent for a bench player. Plays the pick and roll well on offense and on defends it pretty well too. Makes hustle plays. Can hit a three here and there.

Thought he would be a huge draft bust (picked 17th tho tbf) but if we can keep this production from him then he could be valuable yet
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:06 am

About to watch Miami vs Houston. Harden's travelled as well:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1075858378142830592
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:15 am

Buddy Hield came out today and said he's 26 not 25 lol.

Not a big deal really but naturally NBA Twitter is full of Thon Maker is 34 memes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:11 am

Lmaoooo well that's too bad, doesn't make much of a difference though.

Proud to have been a big Hield supporter since his draft and he's redeemed me. The dude is a beast. Attitude can bring you a long way. He's improved every year as a basketball player and I love to see it
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Can't believe we're actually getting AD Proud

What a time to be a Lakers fan.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Since when has this been a technical xD

Was good to see the Bulls win for a change. Seven games and counting with under 100 pts scoring, though lol.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:58 pm

And oh yeah, this was a technical in the same game xD

Refereeing in the NBA is appalling tbh.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Happened to Jaylen Brown too after he dunked on Giannis. So bad.

That being said the reffing in that game was a rare case where the Bucks won handily and I thought it was one of the worst reffing performances of the year. Pretty sure the Celtics got four extra points on blatantly wrong goaltending calls, and the charges were rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:53 am

LeBron James: NFL owners are ‘old white men’ with ‘slave mentality’ toward players

“In the NFL they got a bunch of old white men owning teams and they got that slave mentality," James said. “And it’s like, ‘This is my team. You do what the f--- I tell y’all to do. Or we get rid of y’all.’ ”

“I’m so appreciative in our league of our commissioner [Adam Silver],” James continued. “He doesn’t mind us having ... a real feeling and to be able to express that. It doesn’t even matter if Adam agrees with what we are saying, he at least wants to hear us out. As long as we are doing it in a very educational, non-violent way, then he’s absolutely okay with it.”

"During a 2017 owners meeting in the wake of Kaepernick’s protest, then-Houston Texans owner Bob McNair reportedly told his fellow owners that, “We can’t have the inmates running the prison.” Former Texans wide receiver Cecil Shorts replied: "Inmates, slaves and products. That’s all we are to the owners and others.'"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/22/lebron-james-nfl-owners-are-old-white-men-with-slave-mentality-toward-players/

I thought LeBron was an intelligent man, apparently not.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:42 am

What in there changed your mind about his intelligence?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:50 am

I already quoted it, this part:

“In the NFL they got a bunch of old white men owning teams and they got that slave mentality," James said. “And it’s like, ‘This is my team. You do what the f--- I tell y’all to do. Or we get rid of y’all.’ ”

I guess you can't expect more from someone so sheltered from the average person who has a normal job.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:14 am

I don't get it, it's his opinion and it is hardly wrong IMO.

As far as his intelligence goes, you can watch any random video of him for 30 seconds and see that he's rather intelligent.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Yeah you quoted it.

I’d request an actual argument though. That’s the least you could do after insulting someone else’s intelligence.

It’s a broad and generalising comparison LeBron uses, but it isn’t exactly wrong when comparing owners in the two sports. NFL owners don’t give a single shit about players. The amount of players getting injured and never playing again is vast. There’s no job security at all and they refuse to give players a fair pension.

When you see how much the NFL makes and how little the players enjoy of the profit there’s something seriously wrong.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Freeza wrote:Yeah you quoted it.

I’d request an actual argument though. That’s the least you could do after insulting someone else’s intelligence.

It’s a broad and generalising comparison LeBron uses, but it isn’t exactly wrong when comparing owners in the two sports. NFL owners don’t give a single shit about players. The amount of players getting injured and never playing again is vast. There’s no job security at all and they refuse to give players a fair pension.

When you see how much the NFL makes and how little the players enjoy of the profit there’s something seriously wrong.

Injuries is not what he was arguing though was it? What he said is that NFL owners have a "slave mentality" towards players, as if they own them and that they tell players to do what the owners want them to do or they can fuck off. But isn't that how every BOSS-EMPLOYEE relationship goes? How is this more "slave mentality" compared to every other boss in every field? Unless he thinks we are all slaves to a system, but then he specifically accused NFL owners.

It was a really dumb thing to say and it's being received like that as well.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:34 pm

It's a broad comparison that obviously doesn't hold because it's not slavery and we all know this. However you can see the point when you look at things like the owners changing the rules so that kneeling to the flag resulted in a penalty to start the game, and Kapaernick can't get a job even though he's better than some of the worst QB's at the very least.

When it comes to disagreeing with the owners ideologically, the NFL is pretty strict and restrictive. Or it's shown itself to be.

NBA is way different in this regard.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:26 am

Randle is trash and the Lakers did the right thing by giving him away for nothing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next