iftikhar
Kaladin
sportsczy
Collblanc
58 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 2 Vote_lcap47% Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 9 ]
 Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 2 Vote_lcap53% Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 2 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 19

Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 2 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:08 am

That's good news for Man United, but PSG are still a damn scary team without him, when they're not in mental midget mode.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 2 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:53 am

Neymar is most likely out for 2 months
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 pm

So when this came out I gave United negative chances. But Ole is undefeated. Maybe they can pull it off? If he does he should get a long term contract on the spot IMO
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:24 pm

Thimmy wrote:That's good news for Man United, but PSG are still a damn scary team without him, when they're not in mental midget mode.

Sports would probably say otherwise but through my own PSG viewing (easily 13+ games now not inclusive of CL matches), Neymar is what makes that attack click. Cavani and Mbappe are still menacing lil shits but Neymar is the real MVP and whenever he is not there, PSG lack that creative bite in the attacking 3rd.

They'll still rough up the Ligue 1 scrubs (basically everyone else in the league) but they'll really miss him for this CL tie.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:49 pm

We can beat them and vice versa obviously.

Pre Ole I gave us a 25% chance, now I think it's more like 45%-50%

Can see it being a high scoring affair
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:26 pm

a world class baller like neymar losing out on his prime years due to injuries :facepalm:

if he was fit psg would have been my favorites for the CL especially with the addition of paredes...now not so much
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:16 pm

LeBéninois wrote:Neymar is most likely out for 2 months
His sister birthday is on March 11.

what a timing, what a man. never ever missed his sister birthday, people dont give him enough credit for being an outstanding brother
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:47 pm

Thimmy wrote:That's good news for Man United, but PSG are still a damn scary team without him, when they're not in mental midget mode.

They will find themselves in mental midget mode if they could not create a chance after 30 minutes of the game.

the low standards of league 1 is really bad for PSG.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:52 pm

Doc wrote:

Sports would probably say otherwise but through my own PSG viewing (easily 13+ games now not inclusive of CL matches), Neymar is what makes that attack click. Cavani and Mbappe are still menacing lil shits but Neymar is the real MVP and whenever he is not there, PSG lack that creative bite in the attacking 3rd.

They'll still rough up the Ligue 1 scrubs (basically everyone else in the league) but they'll really miss him for this CL tie.

How will they line up without Nerman and Verratti?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:06 pm

Doc wrote:

I've barely watched them since the season started. Neymar is obviously their star man, still. He is what makes their attack click, but that doesn't mean that their attack is blunt without him. They're less of a threat, clearly, but you can never quite feel safe when you're playing against Mbappe, Cavani, Di Maria, Draxler - all players who can create something out of nothing. If they find momentum, they can hurt anyone. I think they're more likely to go into mental midget mode, though. Man United will probably pressure them in the first half, and they'll run for the lifeboats.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 pm

I was sure PSG would destroy United when the draw happened but now with the injuries and suspensions of Neymar, Rabiot, Man Utd’s resurgence I’m not so sure anymore.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:17 pm

Rabiot doesn't even start though, right?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Rabiot doesn't even start though, right?

Because he didn’t sign a new contract, not for football reasons.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:20 am

rincon wrote: How will they line up without Nerman and Verratti?

Judging from the last match and other matches, gonna guess that either Draxler or Di Maria would play the Neymar role and/or Dani Alves in the midfield as some odd CM hybrid. Could be Meunier as well. Rabiot would have been the obvious midfield replacement but he got kicked off the island.

Tuchel does weird things that I'm not qualified to properly understand.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:49 am

With Mou gone I'm fully behind United here. Would be so beautiful if they beat PSG.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:33 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Rabiot doesn't even start though, right?

Because he didn’t sign a new contract, not for football reasons.
i thought he was benching it well before that. And that the reason he doesn't want to re sign is that he is a bench player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:29 am

Imagine if United, a team that @Unique spent the first half of the season making fun of, goes through against a CL contender while Liverpool, a CL contender, gets knocked out by a team of has-beens from Bavaria.

Wouldn't the sight of @Firenze rubbing it in Unique's face be one to behold? I think so.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:31 am

Watching Hans suffer is far greater than Unique's suffering. Pool needs to beat Bayern, Brexit is depending on it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:36 am

I think Doc it's clear, whatever happens WE win.

Which is all that matters IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 am

So, PSG confirmed Neymar will miss both legs of the Man United tie.

PSG wrote:[...] Neymar Jr. is expected to return to the field within 10 weeks.

This is very good news for Man United, but we have to be honest, PSG are still the big favorites. I don't see us going through, but I hope we will at least show some guts and attack more than we did against big clubs in the past few years.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:22 pm

Ofc we will attack, especially at home. Away, will be more reactive. But even then, a back line which has Ashley Young and Phil Jones (in all likelihood) just wont be able to deny PSG over 180 minutes of footy, even if there aint Neymar. We may score. But they will score a lot more sadly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:04 am

Cavani and Meunier injured
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:13 pm

RMC confirmed that Cavani will definitely miss the first game and might even miss the 2nd.

RIP.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:48 pm

RIP
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 am

Can't believe Frenzy's luck

But I think PSG might fancy being an underdog here

Massive pressure on United to get a result here
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 am

If Utd can't win now, there is no hope for them. Also lets see how well MBappe does now without daddy Neymar and uncle Cavani to carry his ass

The responsibility lies solely on ADMs shoulders

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next