Lucifer
Mamad
titosantill
Collblanc
45 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid

Post by farfan Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Weird that Ajax's best player ( Ziyech ) isn't talked about that much compared to De Jong and De Ligt.

Goes to show that picking the "wrong" national team can really affect the way you're perceived in Europe.

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:04 pm

futbol wrote:The hype stems from Barca fanbois seeing the next Xavi or Busquets in every midfielder who is slightly above average in his passing and shielding of the ball or the next Guardiola in any coach who plays gung-ho football. Last year it was Sampaoli and Jean-Seri (next Xavi, lol), now it's Setien and De Jong.

Horribly uninformed fanbase.

In before "Xavi is the next Guardiola" hype.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Ajax will get this.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:25 pm

danyjr wrote:Having watched both de Ligt and de Jong for Ajax and Netherlands a few times, I'd say they are both meh.

Based on the recent game of Bayern at Ajax, I tend to agree.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Robespierre wrote:Ajax will get this.

No one asked you. Shit.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:12 pm

futbol wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:de Jong is nothing special.

Just like anyone else from the de Jong clan in football.

Dutch football has this uncanny ability to have the most pretentious corners of fandom just pleasure themselves to its talent and for reasons not to concealed once you really think about it.

The hype stems from Barca fanbois seeing the next Xavi or Busquets in every midfielder who is slightly above average in his passing and shielding of the ball or the next Guardiola in any coach who plays gung-ho football. Last year it was Sampaoli and Jean-Seri (next Xavi, lol), now it's Setien and De Jong.

Horribly uninformed fanbase.

No one from the Eredivisie bar Eriksen really has even 1/10 of the talent Xavi or Busquets really had.

League where Altidore was proficient.

The hype trains will continue there and the only one to come out as an import from there to be looked at as Kluivert for now.

Exciting league either way.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:13 pm

farfan wrote:Weird that Ajax's best player ( Ziyech ) isn't talked about that much compared to De Jong and De Ligt.

Goes to show that picking the "wrong" national team can really affect the way you're perceived in Europe.

It's more of an age thing. People are excited about de Jong and de Ligt because they are considered talents but Ziyech is more or less reaching his prime and many people wonder why he's still playing in the dutch league.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Some shocking takes here wow.

Agreed about Ziyech though. He reminds me of Di Maria a bit lol. Hopefully he gets a big move soon.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:55 am

Lool why are people saying Ajax have a chance. It's Ajax. Get real lol. Since when were Ajax considered to good.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Ajax have looked great this season while RM are just looking for their next banana peel. It’s pretty simple. Though I think RM will ultimately win the tie, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they slipped up and conceded 3 at home.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:27 pm

I'm being serious here... Ajax is the better team. They really are. Real Madrid is mostly has-beens and could-bes. Other than Courtois, Varane, Carvajal, Casemiro and Kroos, you have very little idea what the other players are going to bring to a game.

Maybe Ramos, Marcelo and Modric turn it on in the 2nd half of the season. Otherwise, this is a very average team without January signings.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Yes and when they get smashed 5-0 over 2 games, it's because their more shit than madrid or overrated and not because the team is quality, the salt levels for madrid that coming from the own fans is hilarious, that why agendas are silly... can imagine if the team wins a trophy end of the season then whole "I knew it along" talk Laughing.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Ajax are a Very impressive team but Madrid just turn it up in the stage of Champions League although anyone would be stupid to deny the prospect of an upset.

And I love Chad but why is he always so angry Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:27 pm

I'm not angry I'm just pointing out the obvious agenda that some fans are carrying for the team they claim they support, it's been like this for the 8 seasons, blow up the team and turn into barca lite, I don't care who plays I support the team because it's rm end of, I'm not making my dislike for overrated flop like isco make me wish for the team to get relegated every time I post Laughing.

I been on the forum to know its cool to shit on rm and promote hipster bullshit, we all know upsets can happen but I'm not putting fucking ajax over madrid for likes, this is a 4 time cl winning team, the same team that 99% of madrid fans said wouldn't win 1 because they dislike a certain player, so excuse me for maintaining that same belief in the players that made history and not crapping on them like scrubs.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:22 pm

Rants from @chad4401 are the closest I can find to PMS in a male subject affraid
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:22 pm

chad4401 wrote:Yes and when they get smashed 5-0 over 2 games, it's because their more shit than madrid or overrated and not because the team is quality, the salt levels for madrid that coming from the own fans is hilarious, that why agendas are silly... can imagine if the team wins a trophy end of the season then whole "I knew it along" talk Laughing.

This is on point though, you can't say Ajax is better than Madrid right now unironically, if you really believe that you're daft
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:22 am

Casciavit wrote:Some shocking takes here wow.

Agreed about Ziyech though. He reminds me of Di Maria a bit lol. Hopefully he gets a big move soon.

Di maria and Ziyech play nothing alike. Ziyech doesn't have 1/10th the athletic ability a prime di maria has. His strengths are solid end product, set pieces and technique. He's more like James.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:28 am

RM has lost to Alaves, Levante, smashed by Barca, Eibar, CSKA Moscow twice, Atletico and Sevilla. Some of those are incredibly convincing losses by 3+ goals. Most recently RM were outplayed by the likes of Huesca, and Rayo.

Of course Ajax can win this tie. Will they? Maybe.

There's shaky optimism that RM tend to turn up in CL, then there is chad on the far end of the spectrum rehashing the same arguments and speaking in incoherent circles bringing up points unrelated to the tie.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:57 pm

Funny thing is looking at a scrubs/flop like isco who is a media and fan creation, which proves that a lot of footy fans and analysts don't have a clue what made xaviniesta great players, all they see is dribbling and nothing else.

I say this cause the same real madrid fans trashing the team right now, are the same ones pushing a narrative that isco is being wronged when he is simply shit, just because of hipsterism if they all band together with marca and make out Solari to be a shit coach and isco is the best talent on the team, who is gonna argue that? Even when it's clearly a false narrative cause rm fans and media love acting like know it all and when they are inept at footy most basic rules and tactics, that why the spam shit like courage or heart, yet go silent when players like morata fall flat on his face at Chelsea and juve, but definitely starter for rm based on salt for a certain player Laughing.

What do real madrid fans know about how good or bad the team is? All they care about is names, social media and spot light, they all love the isco types cause they are hipsters and players like bale, Kroos, casemiro etc are shit that don't deserve to play for the club just because reasons, but scrubs like asensio and isco are the future based what? Peps barca hipsterism? Every season these guys are just hating on the team and the players posting a bunch of nonsense and acting like it's facts and everytime the team wins they are salty and want to dictate who is to me remembered for victories they never wanted to happen, real madrid Fandom is the definition of want to have your cake and eat it too.

Say this before and I will keep saying no madrid fan on this forum can't tell me shat about real madrid the team, when they watch isco played like dogshit for months called him the best player on the team, when he got dropped the team improved so much they won the 10th, and he hasn't been a starter since no amount of narrative can change that truth.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:50 pm

BORUSSIA!! wrote:Lool why are people saying Ajax have a chance. It's Ajax. Get real lol. Since when were Ajax considered to good.

this, i don't get this sudden love for ajax. i think we will beat them away and close the tie before the home game. teams like that- which are dominant in their countries, but aren't super powers in europe, have problems adjusting to the defensive side of the game (especially if they aren't italian sides), they are used to playing with the ball and being the dominant side. i think we can run away with this......btw what's chad going on about this time, anyone care to translate?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:24 pm

chad4401 wrote:Funny thing is looking at a scrubs/flop like isco who is a media and fan creation, which proves that a lot of footy fans and analysts don't have a clue what made xaviniesta great players, all they see is dribbling and nothing else.

I say this cause the same real madrid fans trashing the team right now, are the same ones pushing a narrative that isco is being wronged when he is simply shit, just because of hipsterism if they all band together with marca and make out Solari to be a shit coach and isco is the best talent on the team, who is gonna argue that? Even when it's clearly a false narrative cause rm fans and media love acting like know it all and when they are inept at footy most basic rules and tactics, that why the spam shit like courage or heart, yet go silent when players like morata fall flat on his face at Chelsea and juve, but definitely starter for rm based on salt for a certain player Laughing.

What do real madrid fans know about how good or bad the team is? All they care about is names, social media and spot light, they all love the isco types cause they are hipsters and players like bale, Kroos, casemiro etc are shit that don't deserve to play for the club just because reasons, but scrubs like asensio and isco are the future based what? Peps barca hipsterism? Every season these guys are just hating on the team and the players posting a bunch of nonsense and acting like it's facts and everytime the team wins they are salty and want to dictate who is to me remembered for victories they never wanted to happen, real madrid Fandom is the definition of want to have your cake and eat it too.

Say this before and I will keep saying no madrid fan on this forum can't tell me shat about real madrid the team, when they watch isco played like dogshit for months called him the best player on the team, when he got dropped the team improved so much they won the 10th, and he hasn't been a starter since no amount of narrative can change that truth.

Can you enlighten us why you think Isco is a 'scrub'?

To me he is a very skilful player, very difficult to get the ball off him, a good passer, gets into good goalscoring positions and can shoot well.

Asensio I never considered a good player, the only thing special about him is that left foot, which looks to me like it isn't as good as we initially thought it was.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:57 pm

@danyjr it is very difficult for his teammates to get  the ball off him, because he is prone to hogging the ball and not releasing passes to his teammates on time. he doesn't necessarily get into good scoring positions but he's not a striker so i can't criticize him for that. i wouldn't go as far as call him a scrub, that's a stretch

in defense of solari though, if you're sticking with a 4 3 3 , starting isco causes issues. he isn't a winger, and doesn't have the tools of a winger. if you switch to a 4 4 2 just to have him in the team, then bale for example ends up playing out of position. solari may not like him, but as far as playing people in their right positions it does make a lot of sense

unless you want to change the formation entirely. which isn't possible cos we live and die by the 4 3 3 and there isn't necessarily a variety of options for tinckering
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:57 pm

I understand he is not a winger, I remember Barcelona fans going apeshit when Iniesta was played on the wing. But can't Isco play in midfield in a 4-3-3? He has good ball retention and linking up in midfield with Modrić can produce some beautiful tiki-taka. Personally I think would be very welcome in a more possession based setup that doesn't rely on quick counters.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:12 pm

football is not just about one style, its not just about possession, you utilize the tools you have. we are not that kind of team, when we hold the ball too long we tend to drop points, because, at some point you're going to have to score. you cannot just walk the ball into the opponents net. and the value of a messi or david villa who could make something out of nothing cannot be understated in such a system. remember the season when barcelona got fabregas and all they did was hold the ball and messi damn near scored all the goals from out of nothing that year?

to your question about isco in a 4 3 3 . a 3 man midfield with kroos modric isco is too soft. you need someone to do the dirty work, chase after loose balls and make tackles. modric and isco plus a DM (casemiro /llorente), takes away the brilliance of kroos from set pieces and long ball distribution. kroos is a CMF, isco is not

the di maria syndrome has taken over at real madrid- ever since di maria as a CM worked, the thought process here has been that anyone who is a midfielder, should automatically be able to play central mid. ceballos by nature is not a central mid, neither are james and isco, (i'm not sure what kovacic's original position is or was).

not every footballer is dynamic, it doesn't make them  poor. ancelotti in his second year wanted to turn isco into seedorf, but that's not isco's role nor strength. pro-madrid media liken him to iniesta, but once again besides maybe one similarity, their overall games are different. its kind of like the zidane iniesta comparison, they don't even play the same position. but because they're  bald and are skillful we draw comparisons

isco's best bet right now is for depth and to wait for his chance. its madrid, there will be injuries unfortunately , but he hasn't really helped his situation either
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Given the correct setup, I would bench Kroos in favour of Isco because the combination of Isco and Modrić are very good in mid to final third. And latter can play long balls alright. IMHO Isco is as much a CM as Silva or Iniesta are and certainly far more dynamic in the final third than Fàbregas.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Or Modric instead of Kroos or go with a 4-4-2
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next