Lucifer
Mamad
titosantill
Collblanc
45 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Vote_lcap42%Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Vote_lcap58%Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Or Modric instead of Kroos or go with a 4-4-2

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:21 pm

"given the correct set up" is the most important point. you have to take into account what you have. isco may prosper in a different scenario. but with what we have now kroos is valuable for long ball distribution especially. if you had a system with wingers acting as full fledged midfielders, then you may have a case for isco. but we don't have that, bale needs the ball in open space. lucas too , since his strength primarily is crossing the ball. for that reason solari is right to bench isco.

also, kroos takes our corner kicks and long free kicks, who's going to perform that task besides him? we can't afford to have ramos adding corner kicks to his repertoire. i'm already nervous as is with his penalties. i guess modric can take them, but i like kroos for those.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:23 pm

going with a 4 4 2 means bale will play out of position, and we are down to the square peg round hole thing all over again
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Lol, bad example Tito. Bale plays poorly regardless of position.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:05 pm

I must admit after my initial hypejob of Isco during his post U-21 Euro win in 2012 he really has not turned out the way I (we) expected.

For all his glorious performances in the white shite and of course trophies, it was panned out for him to be the new Iniesta to which in hindsight was a stupid opinion as Isco seems one of those incredibly skilled players who needs to be isolated under pressure to use his greatest trait yet when presented with options and space his decision-making Overall is just severely lacking.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:16 pm

It's a shame really... because he has everything other than that final "awareness".  

I think he's the Spanish version of Di Natale if he can get himself to a club that is the right size and will build around him.

My point is that he should convert into a striker so that he doesn't really need great awareness other than his immediate vicinity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:40 pm

if he is having issues with being a central midfielder, what makes you think he can transition into a striker which is a completely foreign position. his best bet might be for his agent to find a team that suits him. whoever it is, i hope they are willing to drop a ton of cash at our door step so we can make signings
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:48 pm

He was playing the scoring and attacking role at Malaga. If you don't count CDR, he was the top scorer for Malaga that season in La Liga + CL. They basically shared the scoring burden between Saviola, Santa Cruz, Isco and Joaquin.

Those were his best seasons... where he was really the focus of the attack and the top scoring threat out there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:00 pm

at malaga he had freedom, he wasn't a striker, he would drift out left occasionally. its kind of like van der vaart. van der vaart's not a striker nor a forward, but he scored lots of goals at hamburg , probably way more than isco did at malaga, cos he had freedom to play how he wanted. doesn't mean all of a sudden you make him a 9 or false 9 or any of that. isco doesn't have the skillset for that. he is a nos 10, not a guy who can operate in and around the box off the ball
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:03 pm

I think you all are over reacting. Isco is world class when on form.

yeah his final decision could be better but it's not disastrous like Asensio or Lucas.

Modric is old and Lucas is shite. we need Isco in the future. there are not many players as talented as him around.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:13 pm

titosantill wrote:at malaga he had freedom, he wasn't a striker, he would drift out left occasionally. its kind of like van der vaart. van der vaart's not a striker nor a forward, but he scored lots of goals at hamburg , probably way more than isco did at malaga, cos he had freedom to play how he wanted. doesn't mean all of a sudden you make him a 9 or false 9 or any of that. isco doesn't have the skillset for that. he is a nos 10, not a guy who can operate in and around the box off the ball

I think he can.  That's his instinct imo.  He's basically a false 9 at heart.  Not a lone striker mind you...  but if he took that central role and you have scoring threats around him, he would thrive.

Hazard is not really a striker either.  But Chelsea is playing him in that role today for example and he has two goals.  I don't think that's the right move for a club of Chelsea's stature... but let's say you put Isco in that role at Sevilla and you surround him with Ben Yedder and Andre Silva with Isco as the focus... he would be great.  

To me, Isco can be a star but at the Sevilla level.  At an elite club, he's not good enough to have the kind of player.  Heck, I've only seen two who were great at it and they are Totti and Messi.... and Roma isn't elite. Also, Totti didn't take that role until he was 26.which is Isco's age. I think he needs to find a situation that allows him to make that move.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Mamad wrote:I think you all are over reacting. Isco is world class when on form.

yeah his final decision could be better but it's not disastrous like Asensio or Lucas.

Modric is old and Lucas is shite. we need Isco in the future. there are not many players as talented as him around.

i doubt lucas will be starting for us after this season. this is just one of those years we have to accept what we got.....for what its worth, for his lack of talent, lucas does work hard, i have to give him that, he loses the ball a lot though, no wonder in training clips i see he's always the one in the middle when they are playing piggy in the middle. but yeah i hope flo has a change of heart come summer, and we stop these experiments...i'm hoping an isco sale will bring in some much needed cash. a city move would work for all parties involved as long as the money is right
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 am

Now that El games have ended. Time for the real CL clash. RM vs La Masia. Can't wait to put 5 past these lot and have De Jong go off injured to avoid further humiliation
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:26 pm

La Masia lol. Thoroughly inaccurate but yes, I agree imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:18 pm

BT commentator: "You can see Pep Guardiola's effect on Ajax coach Erik ten Hag" rofl

Typical British punditry, they think football started when Guardiola started managing City, oblivious or ignorant to the fact that Guardiola's mentors both as a player and coach are from Ajax school.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:20 pm

farfan wrote:Weird that Ajax's best player ( Ziyech ) isn't talked about that much compared to De Jong and De Ligt.

Goes to show that picking the "wrong" national team can really affect the way you're perceived in Europe.

Likely because he's about to turn 26. He's not a prospect.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Like a lot of Madrid posters on this site so you'll have to forgive me for being fully behind Ajax

-insert dutch ajax chant here-
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:29 pm

What is this hype with this Ziyech chap? He is not a team player and overdoes everything.

Had a terrible World Cup too if I remember correctly.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:31 pm

That was a penalty imho. Ramos had a whole arm on Tadić while he was taking his shot.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 pm

Madrid struggling badly.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 pm

danyjr wrote:BT commentator: "You can see Pep Guardiola's effect on Ajax coach Erik ten Hag" rofl

Typical British punditry, they think football started when Guardiola started managing City, oblivious or ignorant to the fact that Guardiola's mentors both as a player and coach are from Ajax school.

They think Guardiola started playing from the back in the PL as well Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Madrid players getting away with fouling. Usual culprits Ramos and Carvajal.

@Harmonica was right.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

danyjr wrote:What is this hype with this Ziyech chap? He is not a team player and overdoes everything.

Had a terrible World Cup too if I remember correctly.

Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 3 D278770ee03c7a48a78de78d41caa8d2
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Casemiro vs Marquinhos

Discuss :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Firenze wrote:Round of 16 - Ajax vs Real Madrid - Page 3 D278770ee03c7a48a78de78d41caa8d2

Sarcasm?

Soz I'm autistic.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Ajax final balls have been poor. Otherwise they have been dangerous but mainly due to Madrid being very flat.

SantiaGOAT needs to sub Bale out. He is slower than Mertesacker these days.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next