Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Vote_lcap63%Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 10 ]
Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Vote_lcap37%Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 16

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Post by RealGunner on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Not sure if this was a good result for bayern or not

They are toothless in attack. Liverpool should have scored 3-4 tonight. Will score at Allianz for sure and bayern will be at disadvantage...

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 pm

I remember most of GL losing their virginity over Sanches because he completed some dribbles against tired players in the 75th minute.

Good times.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Same shit different day. Season started well and it’s just died in the last few weeks. Back to not being able to score against scrubs again meanwhile city are knocking in 4-5 every week.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitescu on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:56 pm

0-0

Technically a good result for us yet highly underwhelmed by a performance that lacked balance from some notable absences and compromises.

The need for a proper CF is dire and glaring as no one leads the line well, holds up play and in midfield there is pretty much no one who dictates tempo when we are not countering.

Not to mention the disappointment in the atmosphere as Anfield even in Europe now lacks the consistency of a cauldron of an atmosphere that many assume yet come in disappointed as being dominated by the away fans rather sours things let alone most of the first half, on the field.

Anecdotal but many a times I have seen Bayern fail in the Allianz despite their ridiculous symphony of noise and intimidation they put up as I do see Klopp making some key and glaring tweaks to have us nick the neccessary goal(s) within the second leg to send us through unless there is a major blowout of individual brilliance because all know Kovac will come up with nothing special.

MOTM from both teams?

Mats Hummels. What a player. What a performance. Deserved.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:59 pm

Very disappointed from Bayern putting in a tactic to not attack us full on, it worked for them and Tuchel can now settle can play his full team. Anyways for me PL is the bigger fish to fry Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:09 pm

@Nishankly wrote:Very disappointed from Bayern putting in a tactic to not attack us full on, it worked for them and Tuchel can now settle can play his full team. Anyways for me PL is the bigger fish to fry Razz
wow we are just growing by the week. Now we are to big for the poverty champions league. Now I know why we have won fuck all for years we are so good all trophies are not fit to be won by us so we don’t bother winning them.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:13 pm

LMAO

Liverpool failing to score vs this Bayern team Laughing

And before you pride yourselves that we don't get out of our half for 20 minutes, teams like Gladbach, Bremen, or Ajax do that to us too. This is Kovac's Bayern. Holding on to a 0-0 by sheer luck.

@Nishankly wrote:Gnabry ruining Robertson 1v1, first time ive seen Robertson on the receiving end. Why did you let him go Arsenal?
@Kaladin wrote:Why did Arsenal let go of Gnabry exactly

Because he's trash lmao. I'd take Suso over him if you catch my drift

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 am

Don't blame Kovac for Bayern having sub-par players. Blame your board for that. To which, again, Bayern has sub-par players.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:59 am

@Doc wrote:Don't blame Kovac for Bayern having sub-par players. Blame your board for that. To which, again, Bayern has sub-par players.

Thiago, Martinez, Alaba, Kimmich, Neuer, Süle, Hummels, Lewandowski, James are not subpar players.

They are better players than Liverpool have. Thiago is basically the best midfielder in the world.

Gnabry is subpar, yes. Coman ultimately too, since injuries are already ruining his main asset.
And I don't blame Kovac for them. (I also don't blame Gnabry for being poor. He's got a good mentality, he's not completely useless. But he's technically just so much subpar, he can't control a ball at all, he can't pass precisely, he's just not good enough a football player for top level.
I mean, he cost 7m €. That seems about right.)

But then these two aren't responsible for us not being able to close spaces and get a grip on a game. They're also not responsible for subbing themselves off.
Coman blatantly needed to be subbed off after like 55 minutes, after his weekend injury. Ribery should have come on much sooner, as Coman was losing every ball. That we survived minute 70-80 without conceding was very lucky, and also due to the great performances of Hummels, Martinez and Thiago.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 am

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Dz1m-BFGWs-AE5uf-B
Bayern fans protest for UCL tickets to 55€

I paid same price for Chievo Verona Inter lol
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am

That's a real banner? It wasn't photoshopped or anything? They truly believe "Twenty is plenty"?!

Good god these people are shameless! No wonder their president has a hard time going north of 40m to sign talent.

I was really hoping Liverpool would wipe the floor with these pretenders, but I forgot that Klopp has developed a tendency over the years of bending over to Bayern every time they meet. They certainly don't deserve to get past the round of 16, but if by chance they do, I hope they draw a team that doesn't feck around and get annihilated beyond recognition.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:46 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:That's a real banner? It wasn't photoshopped or anything? They truly believe "Twenty is plenty"?!

Good god these people are shameless! No wonder their president has a hard time going north of 40m to sign talent.

I was really hoping Liverpool would wipe the floor with these pretenders, but I forgot that Klopp has developed a tendency over the years of bending over to Bayern every time they meet. They certainly don't deserve to get past the round of 16, but if by chance they do, I hope they draw a team that doesn't feck around and get annihilated beyond recognition.

You  realize they have to take a couple of days off work, pay a flight to another country and a hotel room? And then they have to pay the tickets? All to support their team?

Shameless? Jesus fucking Christ get your act together will you

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:48 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@The Demon of Carthage wrote:That's a real banner? It wasn't photoshopped or anything? They truly believe "Twenty is plenty"?!

You realize they have to take a day off work, pay a flight to another country and a hotel room? All to support their team?

Shameless? Jesus fucking Christ get your act together will you
Yeah, it's not like these fans are some white-collar executives drawing a six-figure salary.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:13 pm

It might seem miniscule, but in the grand scheme of things its quite substantial if we take into account, say a 50 game season (League+CL+Misc).
Not sure if the prices vary in different competitions.

20x50= 1000
55x50= 2750

Not taking into account different seatings have different prices, different rows, etc. Unsure really, there's also the season ticket, a quick google search shows that Real's is 2000 euros, then again, i don't know the mechanics of a season ticket holder, do you get a designated seat? Category based? Are away games included? etc

Just pure napkin math, it seems a significant difference for these folk.

Obligatory:

Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Season tickets don't cover away games.

The away fans have to get time off work, book a flight, pay for the hotel, buy the ticket.

It's only a small fraction of the stadium designated to away fans. Bayern may only play 4 away games this season, maximum 6. Charging these fans following the team more money does nothing for Bayern, Liverpool, etc.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Asking for the tickets of a CL game to be lowered to 20 euros is beyond ridiculous because the game itself is worth more than that. If you can't afford all the expenses that come with it then simply don't go. The clubs shouldn't be blamed nor taken accountable for your off-field expenses because it has nothing to do with them.

If I want to see a CL game between Madrid and some other club at the Bernabeu; the flight from Tunisia to Madrid, hotel and everything in-between is my responsibility and I can't nor should I ask Madrid to take into account my off-field expenses and lower their ticket price for me. And I certainly wouldn't have the shamelessness to ask them to sell it for 20 euros to me. And that's why I haven't been to many Madrid games at the Bernabeu, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

A CL game for 20 euros? Why stop there? Make it free then.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:34 pm

Out of all the things you could criticise fans for, protest of ticket prices? Lol. Good on them, let them keep protesting and hopefully bring change. Bundesliga teams are well know for keeping ticket prices low, them slowly creeping up prices to the level of other big European league teams would suck.

#JUSTICE4Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Lulcas11Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBRound of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 ZidaneRound of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 SmurffRound of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 GhelyonRound of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Hungry_boyRound of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 5 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:01 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Asking for the tickets of a CL game to be lowered to 20 euros is beyond ridiculous because the game itself is worth more than that. If you can't afford all the expenses that come with it then simply don't go. The clubs shouldn't be blamed nor taken accountable for your off-field expenses because it has nothing to do with them.

If I want to see a CL game between Madrid and some other club at the Bernabeu; the flight from Tunisia to Madrid, hotel and everything in-between is my responsibility and I can't nor should I ask Madrid to take into account my off-field expenses and lower their ticket price for me. And I certainly wouldn't have the shamelessness to ask them to sell it for 20 euros to me. And that's why I haven't been to many Madrid games at the Bernabeu, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Everything you say is just awful, mate, everything.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:
@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Asking for the tickets of a CL game to be lowered to 20 euros is beyond ridiculous because the game itself is worth more than that. If you can't afford all the expenses that come with it then simply don't go. The clubs shouldn't be blamed nor taken accountable for your off-field expenses because it has nothing to do with them.

Everything you say is just awful, mate, everything.

Alright, please delineate the awfulness in my post. If I'm wrong or if I missed something important, I'd be happy to say that I was wrong. I'm listening.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 pm

These are the people that dedicate their life to supporting their club.
They are at every home game, paying for a season ticket. They go to as many away games as they can afford too.

Away tickets on top of the season tickets. Not just CL away games, also league away games every other weekend. Transportation. Lodging. Nutrition. They have fan stuff, shirts, scarves, banners.
They make these banners themselves, you know. They spend time designing and practising choreographies. They sing and chant during every game.

They invest crazy amounts of money, time and energy into supporting their team, and the team is immensely better for it.
A football game without strong, vocal support from fans is shit for the team, and also btw for the TV audience.

So yeah, it's not crazy to think these hardcore supporters shuld get cheap tickets. Or free tickets. The job these people do week in week out  is integral for the functioning of the football team and its success, too.

And it's pretty amazing that this would be another topic for which you muster up your, frankly beyond tiring, over-the-top and out-of-place UPRIGHT MORAL OUTRAGE shtick. Amazing.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 pm

I wouldn't mind paying the hardcore supporters to go out and transform the atmosphere of the stadium, let alone give them cheaper tickets. If you've ever been to a stadium you'd know that even a small group of them can make the whole stadium sing and cheer.

You want a terrible stadium atmosphere? Go to Camp Nou. Not only an overpriced experience lacking any volume despite a minority ultras, it is full of tourists who can't sing a single chant. Nouveau riche Chinese who are more interested in Instagram selfies than watching the match itself. Sure the club makes money out of them by selling them overpriced shirts at the botiga, but you'd think stepping into one of the most legendary stadiums in the world would give you an amazing buzz. Yet you're encountered with the flattest atmosphere in Europe. The last match I went to which had some soul was probably 8 years ago.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:53 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:These are the people that dedicate their life to supporting their club.
They are at every home game, paying for a season ticket. They go to as many away games as they can afford too.

Away tickets on top of the season tickets. Not just CL away games, also league away games every other weekend. Transportation. Lodging. Nutrition. They have fan stuff, shirts, scarves, banners.
They make these banners themselves, you know.

They invest crazy amounts of money and time into supporting their team, and the team is immensely better for it.
A football game without strong, vocal support from fans is shit for the team, and also btw for the TV audience.

So yeah, it's not crazy to think these hardcore supporters shuld get cheap tickets. Or free tickets. The job these people do week in week out  is integral for the functioning of the football team and its success, too.

And it's pretty amazing that this would be another topic for which you muster up your, frankly beyond tiring, over-the-top and out-of-place UPRIGHT MORAL OUTRAGE shtick. Amazing.

I'll tell you what's tiring. It's your hostile and incredibly annoying posts that you shamelessly write as a response to everything I say with not a single argument to hold up your poorly formulated and childish rants.

I breezed through the entirety of your joke for a post and there was nothing, truly nothing, that ven resembles the shadow of an argument in it. basically, your whole post can be boiled down to this:

"I'm a hardcore fan, therefore the club should go out of their way to provide my entitled ass with cheap or preferably free tickets."

The world, however, doesn't work that way. Clubs aren't charities, they need profit to survive. When you ask them to lower their CL tickets to 20 euros, you cripple them financially. They are providing with an amazing experience in the most prestigious club competition in the world in front of some of the biggest stars in world football. And you want to pay a miserable 20 euros for that? The nerve you have.

Football clubs are offering you a service and they are not forcing you to take it. They are like a rock band or an artist; you can't ask them to give you special treatment just because you flew from far away to get there. I went to see Metallica live and I had to pay 120 euros (excluding the other expenses) for the ticket even though I come from a country with a currency at a record low 0,29 for the euro. Did I ask Metallica to lower their price for me? No. Did I ask them to give me special treatment? No. That's my problem and me alone. They are offering a service and they expect to be paid with an amount that mirrors the quality of that service.

Those entitled fans need to disappear along with your shitty team that has no place in the CL.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Ok that Metallica analogy is completely irrelevant.

Disregarding fan culture in football is a terrible mistake. Club members and supporter groups are beautiful for the sport, as Hans detailed.

To add to what dany said. I went to the Camp Nou 5 years ago to watch Messi score a hat trick vs Sevilla, he broke the record of La Liga goals in that match. That was Luis Enrique's Barca that won the treble. On paper this is an incredible experience. In reality it's not top 5 matches watched in the stadium for me, maybe top 10 simply because its Messi doing GOAT things breaking records. 0 atmosphere, 0 ambiance, it might as well have been a movie theater. Half empty Roma stadium in coppa Italia had morr noise.

Meanwhile the Dortmund or Madrid fans give you a surreal feeling that's 10 times better experience.

Fans give life to football.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Ok, 3 things here:

1) first time I can respond to one of your posts with - not sure if serious. Since my main gripe with you is that you're always oh so serious, I'm going to class this as a huge step forward.

2) obviously I'm not talking about MYSELF when I talk about those hard core supporters.

3) Sorry if I can't simply take your word for it, I will need confirmation from other posters that my posts are indeed childish rants, incredibly annoying, poorly formulated jokes for a post, with nothing, truly nothing that even resembles the shadow of an argument  in them.
I would ask all posters to upvote DoC's above post if they agree with this diagnosis, hopefully we can get a few upvotes together so I can take a long hard look in the mirror.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:55 pm

55 euros is pretty steep though other Doc. You're asking alot from your own fan base to constantly pay such a price AND also handle their own stories. Sure, clubs need to make money to survive but I have a sneaky position that Bayern and other clubs of their stature can lower away ticket prices and still manage to keep their club afloat.

In essence, in agreements with Hans on this one. Also, Bayern does not run a charity service and would set prices according to whatever financial policies they have but it would be wise to not see your own fan base as just human wallets.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:27 pm

back on topic lads. anyway why has the wheels fell off the liverpool steam train now. they look a shadow of the team we saw at christmas

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next