Kebab
Thimmy
BarcaLearning
alexjanosik
windkick
19 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Uefa Champions League 2018 thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: Uefa Champions League 2018 thread

Post by futbol Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
futbol wrote:This is the same Liverpool that got rekt by Sevilla 2 seasons ago in a Cup final and finished 2 places below Manchester United last season in the Premier League. They are on a good run and they also run a lot on the pitch but they lack quality, despite all the hype. Henderson and 33 year old Milner is their midfield. You think we going out against that now that we are so close to another treble? lol

Not saying you won't win but it's not the same Liverpool at all lol.

They added a goalkeeper (irrelevant) and defender who is a huge hype job so far. What else?

And Salah is of course nowhere near his 1 season wonder form from last season. 2 goals in his last 11 games.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Uefa Champions League 2018 thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: Uefa Champions League 2018 thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Self improvement is a thing.

Also since then they've been to a CL final and lost once in the league this year ( to City ) all year lol.

They are nothing like that team that lost to Sevilla.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm

You are highly underestimating them. The problem is, of course, their pace and they have several attacking options upfront who all are decent in converting half chances. Fermino and Mane both have good goal scoring record. On the other hand, we are highly reliant on Messi. Neither Coutinho nor Suarez (in CL) supports. That limits our ability and makes it easy to set up the game plan. Even Man Utd did it well at home. All they did were closing the gap and man marking Messi.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:54 pm

All the energy Man Utd used to defend at home resulted in them having 0 shots on goal.... They did not do well at all by no means.

Liverpool is not that almighty, they just look good because PL is a weak league. Even Man Utd looked elite for several weeks after Ole took over. But they face a real team and get 0 shots on goal, beaten in every department.

Hopefully Dembele is in mint shape for the semifinal. We'll need his explosiveness against Liverpool's pressing. That's the only thing i'm worried about, the pressing, but it can be easily countered at the end of the day.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Liverpool over 2 legs won't be easy. they aren't some over hyped team like Utd.

But my only reason for not being overly worried about them is pretty simple. My logic, is if you go back and see the type of teams that usually beat us/knock us out of the UCL it's not teams that try to come out and hyper attack/counter us. Evidence by even the best Madrid sides in the last decade, we have still been able to beat them on a consistent basis.
It's been teams that had strong, extremely well drilled defensivly and technical players that ultamitley were able to not allow us to play our game and we couldn't get anything going. Chelsea, Bayern did it, Atletico has done it, Juve has done it and even to an extent Roma were able to do it. So just by looking back at how we have played teams that come out to pressure attack have fared against Barca, you have to think we will win the midfield battle and nullify there attack.
My main concern is really how we play at Anfield. We have a history of playing like crap away from home so even they manage to get a good result at Anfield then 2 legged ties can get extremely tricky.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:51 pm

First Leg is at Camp Nou I guess.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:42 pm

This will be an even match as some have pointed out. In terms of squad, this Liverpool team is a very quick, hard working, and gagen team against a more experience but slower and older Barça squad.

In terms of squad:

A midfield of Fabinho-Wijnaldum-Henderson is not far behind Busquets-Rakitić-Arthur in terms of quality. It is comparing apples and oranges to a certain point but where Liverpool's midfield may fall technically behind Barça's, they are fitter, quicker and more hard working than the Barcelona trio, of which I find Arthur to easily be the worst of the 6.

Liverpool's front three are as good as Barcelona's and the quality is more evenly distributed. Barcelona have Messi but Suárez has been hit and miss lately and Coutinho is more of a lost lamb than Fàbregas ever was. This leaves you with fewer threats, albeit more potent.

Liverpool's defence has been instrumental to their campaign this season with an impressive record in CL so far. Full backs Alexander-Arnold and Robertson are guaranteed to run all night and put Barcelona's older defence under fatigue, and both, especially Robertson, execute very good and consistent deliveries into the box. Van Dijk is currently one of the best centre backs in the world. Whether Matip or Lovren will be paired up with him, I don't know but they can be the weak link in Liverpool's defence.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Tbh Barca will make it look easy and then everyone will say "I knew it". We are not some bottlejobs like Man City.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:20 pm

danyjr wrote:Whether Matip or Lovren will be paired up with him, I don't know but they can be the weak link in Liverpool's defence.

I would like to think it will be Gomez, the true star behind Liverpool's excellent defense this season

As for the front line, Dembele-Suarez-Messi is surely much more dangerous and creative than Mane-Firmino-Salah, what Liverpool's attack has going for it is cohesiveness, insistence, mentality and tactical discipline, as well as the immense defensive contribution of Firmino
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Myesyats wrote:Tbh Barca will make it look easy and then everyone will say "I knew it". We are not some bottlejobs like Man City.

We literally bottled it twice as hard as City did just last season against a team Liverpool mowed down like we should of in the very next round.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:53 am

From what I have seen of them this season, their midfield doesnt create much. Their fullbacks create almost all their chances. It is crucial to shut down their fullbacks. Both Robertson and Arnold have outstanding delivery and it is important to pin them back.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:13 am

I will repeat this about 200 more times. They are playing Henderson and 33 year old Milner in the middle of the park. Their midfield is literally garbage at everything other than running.

Salah is nowhere near his form from last season (which was a fluke and not his real talent anyway).

They played United and didn't create 1 chance when their PL pole position depended on it.

Then you have Firmino who is a hard-worker like Mandzukic but not the biggest goal threat with 12 goals in 33 PL games.

They had 1 shot on target against PSG (away) which was a penalty. Got totally outclassed. By PSG.

I don't care that we lost to Roma last season. We lost because the first leg ended 4-1 and Roma is a small name, we completely fell asleep and couldn't turn it on quick enough in the return leg. It happens. We aren't gonna be complacent in a CL semi and after what happened last season. Our record under Valverde is 101 undefeated in 110 games. We only lost that 1 meaningful game in 2 seasons and it was our own doing.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:23 am

What exactly is the standard here? I swear, I can't open a single thread without reading that someone is a scrub, fraud , flukey or overrated. Our opinions on individuals are incredibly bi-polar and often blatantly opportunistic Laughing Firminho, despite not being clinical, is a damn dangerous and productive player. Say what you want about Salah, but even without his scoring boots, he's not exactly a pushover either. Mane is fantastic. They don't have the best midfield, but I can't think of any top team that has a well-rounded squad that excels in all areas. Even Man City aren't impenetrable. Liverpool have strengths and weaknesses, just like all other, top teams, and I'd argue their strengths outweigh their weaknesses more often than not.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:29 am

English teams are not to be feared... We owned Man Utd twice, put 4 past Spurs in the group stage and drew 1-1 in the other group match with a Coutinho-Munir-Dembele-Alena forward line.

There is just a significant difference of level between PL top teams and La Liga top teams.

Old man Milner pressing like a mad-man maybe works in the Mule League and against common folk, not against kings.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 am

Milner isn't even starting Laughing

Henderson is much better than Barça fans give him credit. He's industrious. Football isn't all about Cruyffian total football FFS. Get out of your asses.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:27 am

Yeah Ramsey is also indsotrionous. He'll elevate Juventus so much they'll maybe reach the semi finals next year.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:47 am

"Ter Stegen reads ole's note to Rashford | Barcelona 3-0 Manchester United

The note was handed to Marcus Rhapsford, who took the letter, read it, and in seconds he lost it on the lawn after a collision with Pique. But it did not end there: cunning, Ter Stegen approached this place, grabbed the paper and read it for a while. The information was already his. Then the shooter left the note in the same place, with the intent that Rashford did not know he had seen him in case he came back to look for him"

Uefa Champions League 2018 thread  - Page 4 No-kwx10
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Ter Stegen Heart

Best transfer after Neymar in the last years.

Do we know what was written on the note?

Edit Oh I see now that it appears to be a formation change lol

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:English teams are not to be feared... We owned Man Utd twice, put 4 past Spurs in the group stage and drew 1-1 in the other group match with a Coutinho-Munir-Dembele-Alena forward line.

There is just a significant difference of level between PL top teams and La Liga top teams.

Old man Milner pressing like a mad-man maybe works in the Mule League and against common folk, not against kings.

La Liga teams Laughing it's just Barca because you have the best player of all time.

The rest of ya'll are trash lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 01, 2019 4:33 am

De Ligt would be such a tremendous acquisition if it goes through. After YEARS of having a makeshift group of CBs we could have De Ligt, Pique, Lenglet, and possibly still have Umtiti. Not to mention Tobido, Cuenca, and Chumi for the future.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 01, 2019 2:53 pm

Did anyone actually like De Ligt yesterday? His poor air and set piece game was disappointing to me, and considering teams often play hoofball against us it could be an important weakness
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 01, 2019 4:43 pm

He is 19, about 8 years away from his prime. Pique at his age wasn't even playing games.

My gripe is again with De Jong who is just part of a great, hard-working collective but does not really stand out.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Meh, De Jong stood out as much as Tadic, Ziyech or anyone. Instrumental in the build up and great at retrieving the ball.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Gonna stay up for this, we are at home first leg so this will be more vital than usual I think, dont wanna leave to until we are away. We need to play to our best and show how good we are and that we really want this trophy back where it belongs, 3 hours to go!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 pm

futbol wrote:He is 19, about 8 years away from his prime. Pique at his age wasn't even playing games.

My gripe is again with De Jong who is just part of a great, hard-working collective but does not really stand out.

As much as I would like to shit on him, I thought De Jong has been excellent in these games, also yesterday.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Wed May 01, 2019 11:31 pm

I cant believe how Liverpool lost this match 3-0 Very Happy
They are clearly the second best team in the world right now
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next