urbaNRoots
Jay29
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West Ham vs Arsenal Empty West Ham vs Arsenal

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 am

It's three at the back again. Oh boy.

Leno; Sokratis, Koscielny, Mustafi; Maitland-Niles, XHAKA, Guendouzi, Kolasinac; Iwobi; Aubameyang, Lacazette

Subs: Cech, Bellerin, Lichtsteiner, Monreal, Torreira, Ramsey, Nketiah

No Ozil Rolling Eyes

West Ham:

Fabianski; Zabaleta, Ogbonna, Diop, Cresswell; Noble, Rice; Antonio, Nasri, Anderson; Arnautovic

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

West Ham vs Arsenal Empty Re: West Ham vs Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:37 am

I've stopped trying to figure Emery out, I just hope whatever he is doing works out fine.

C'mon, let's do it!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:42 am

Ozil is fit and trained all week by the way. Just left out of another away game entirely again.

Meanwhile, Carroll is on the bench for West Ham. In case Arnautovic doesn't get his customary goal against us. Or Nasri doesn't score against us.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:46 am

Apparently having 3 fullbacks on the bench is more important than a fit Mesut Özil Rolling Eyes
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:57 am

My main concern today will be Anderson vs AMN. Anderson's in great form and AMN isn't the strongest defender we could have on that side.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 pm

So Özil doesn't even make the squad? WTF.

That's a pretty astonishing agenda that Emery is driving against the team's arguably best player over the last 5 years.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:11 pm

He wants Ozil out. That's the only thing I can think of.

There's no reason whatsoever to not include him on the bench. There is no good "tactical reason" for having three more defenders on the bench instead of Ozil.

So I can only read this as Emery telling Ozil that he's not in his plans at all. Otherwise it's just dumb.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Pretty much

Trying to send strong message, left out for another player who could leave at any moment.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Jay29 wrote:He wants Ozil out. That's the only thing I can think of.

There's no reason whatsoever to not include him on the bench. There is no good "tactical reason" for having three more defenders on the bench instead of Ozil.

So I can only read this as Emery telling Ozil that he's not in his plans at all. Otherwise it's just dumb.

Yep. It must be that Emery doesn't rate Özil that much, i.e. in comparison to the chunk of the wage bill Özil is using up.

And it seems to me that the size of the wage bill is one of the main reason that's keeping Emery from being able to add players to the team, players he would like to have more than Özil.

This drastic exclusion only makes sense if we assume Emery is actively trying to push Özil out of the club as fast as possible to free up his wages.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:22 pm

AMN is so poor today. Bellerin at HT please.

Auba is also useless at right

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Balanced 1st half, our final third was sharper but starved of service. Their midfield was better understandably but Aurto is a bit shit. Lots of misspasses from Niles and Xhakha. Think we gonna need some magic from our forwards.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:29 pm

Declan Rice is very good

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Declan Rice is unreal
Diop have been good too

not much to say about us Sleep
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Players/fans getting sick of Emery in his 2nd/3rd season
already happening at Arsenal in 1st season
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:26 pm

I'm no longer under the illusion that Emery is an improvement on Wenger. His tactics are not impressive, and he's getting the best out of nobody on this roster. We haven't had a strong performance in months now and we aren't playing as well as any of the other top 5. I understand that injuries have set us back but we've always had injuries impact our seasons. The reality is that we deserve to be outside the top 4 and will end up there again if there isn't drastic improvement immediately.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:27 pm

I hope this is eye opener to the high up about transfer and Unai about Ozil, we are so dire atm. it’s extremely easy to disable our attack, pin back Kolasinac and Iwobi and they’re ok. The defense I cant criticize today, they did ok given how Anderson and Nasri run through our midfield like no man land. I think Unai tactic and our attack lost us this game. For the 1st time, i see Unai stubbornness backfired and this one is on him. He cant get a pass for this one.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Don't really understand Emery's teams. 5 at the back seems to have failed every single time he has tried.

You are playing 3 orthodox CBs against one striker. 2 midfielders against 6. Where is the creativity going to come from?

Taking XHAKA off instead of Guendouzi (shit version of Alex Song)?

Having 3 fullbacks on the bench lol? Willock should have been on the bench.

Shocking
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:34 pm

Emery is a rubbish manager man, I have no idea what Gazidis was thinking...

Hopefully Sven/Raul react quickly at the end of the season no matter what happens in the EL.

There’s no point in trusting Emery with a better squad when he can‘t even do a better job than past it Wenger.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:38 pm

We're probably not going to win again away from home for the rest of the season, right?

To be honest, I feel like taking a break from Arsenal until we're good again. Or at least just some hiatus. I just don't see the point in watching anymore. It's not enjoyable football at all. There's no point in winning thrillingly every now and then, only to go gift opposition goals for the next 5 games. Game in game out, I laugh with cringe at how childish our defending and defenders are. Our game is not easy on the eye to watch, and it hasn't been for the longest time.

This doesn't mean that I have completely lost faith. Liverpool were pretty piss poor for a while as well, but they at least play pretty good football now. So there's always a chance of improvement.

The recent news of not having any money to spend in the market also just rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, how? We're not in any major debt. To compete these days you have to be willing to go out and invest in players, that's it, nothing else. But we do not have the ownership that are keen on doing that it seems.

Keep the fanbase strong guys while I'm away. I'll still check on the results and standings every once in a while.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Thats fine maybe try to enjoy football as a neutral and watch a team from another league regularly
although other sports/comps like NBA can fill the void too
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm

El Gunner wrote:We're probably not going to win again away from home for the rest of the season, right?

To be honest, I feel like taking a break from Arsenal until we're good again. Or at least just some hiatus. I just don't see the point in watching anymore. It's not enjoyable football at all. There's no point in winning thrillingly every now and then, only to go gift opposition goals for the next 5 games. Game in game out, I laugh with cringe at how childish our defending and defenders are. Our game is not easy on the eye to watch, and it hasn't been for the longest time.

This doesn't mean that I have completely lost faith. Liverpool were pretty piss poor for a while as well, but they at least play pretty good football now. So there's always a chance of improvement.

The recent news of not having any money to spend in the market also just rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, how? We're not in any major debt. To compete these days you have to be willing to go out and invest in players, that's it, nothing else. But we do not have the ownership that are keen on doing that it seems.

Keep the fanbase strong guys while I'm away. I'll still check on the results and standings every once in a while.

See you in the Western Conference Final Wink
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:19 pm

El Gunner wrote:We're probably not going to win again away from home for the rest of the season, right?

This doesn't mean that I have completely lost faith. Liverpool were pretty piss poor for a while as well,  but they at least play pretty good football now. So there's always a chance of improvement.

How do you think I ended up supporting Sevilla? Laughing Honestly my main motivation for following Arsenal these days is to have something to talk about with my brother and father. If not for that I'd be seriously considering packing it in because things suck right now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:34 pm

And on a related note, my brother and I were having this kinda philosophical discussion about how Arsenal as a club are in a low point of their history, but it doesn't feel that way because we're living it rather than looking back on it.

But when you think about it... Arsenal have gone 15 years without a league title. 15 years is a long time. You always look back on history and see these dry spells and think they'll never happen now, but it is happening. Right at this moment. 1998-2006 we were a great club but 2006-Present has been meh with the odd bright moment thrown in.

You wonder how things get like that but football is cyclical and factors outside our control hold us back, and getting back to that level now is really hard. You see how long it's taken Liverpool to get back up to a title challenging level again. I feel like it could be another 5, 10, maybe 15 years before Arsenal win the league again, and that's a really depressing thought.

So you look for something to enjoy in the meantime, and this Arsenal just isn't it. The club is a mess of poor buying decisions, average players and a manager who genuinely seems like he doesn't know what the hell he's doing and is throwing together random combinations and hoping one sticks. We have this destructive situation with Ozil that's actively hurting the team. Imagine Ozil getting in the positions Guendouzi was today? He'd have picked at least one good pass - one more good pass than Guendouzi managed the whole game. And I don't want to be too hard on the kid because he's just that. He's playing way more than he should be, because the manager has a fit and quality player who we NEED right now and isn't selecting him for the squad.

It's not just all about Ozil, though. It's watching XHAKA make yet another defensive error that cost us a goal. It's watching our midfield pass about with no purpose and direction. We created fuck all in that match. Against West Ham, a decent mid-table team who we should be beating, even with this team.

We haven't won away from home since Bournemouth in November. Dropping points to the likes of Brighton, West Ham, Southampton, the poorest-perfroming United team in years. Getting smashed by Liverpool yet again. Fans squabbling amongst themselves again over transfers, money, which players are actually good, whether the manager is good, and so on. I'm having deja vu. The whole thing is draining.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:42 pm

emery is trying to show arsenal fans the true reality of players he has at his disposal and the support he is getting from the board

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:43 pm

RealGunner wrote:Don't really understand Emery's teams. 5 at the back seems to have failed every single time he has tried.

You are playing 3 orthodox CBs against one striker. 2 midfielders against 6. Where is the creativity going to come from?

Taking XHAKA off instead of Guendouzi (shit version of Alex Song)?

Having 3 fullbacks on the bench lol? Willock should have been on the bench.

Shocking

100% agree...

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next