The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc Empty Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:23 pm

Cyborg wrote:Junior Firpo looks really good.

Saw some highlights, looks fast, strong, intelligent.

Good signing if it happens.

With all the injuries, him and Hermoso would be useful January signings.

Is he really that good? I've only seen him play once, but the last thing we need right now is an overrated youngster. I'm not saying he is, but I hope the club does some research into what his approximate potential is, before they pay a premium for someone no one seemed to mention before he scored a goal against Barcelona.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Cyborg Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Cyborg wrote:Junior Firpo looks really good.

Saw some highlights, looks fast, strong, intelligent.

Good signing if it happens.

With all the injuries, him and Hermoso would be useful January signings.

Is he really that good? I've only seen him play once, but the last thing we need right now is an overrated youngster. I'm not saying he is, but I hope the club does some research into what his approximate potential is, before they pay a premium for someone no one seemed to mention before he scored a goal against Barcelona.

This team needs all the help it can get.

Despite the negative talk about signing young players. This team's starting 11 is really old.

A fresh is desperately needed.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:36 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Kovacic typically starts for Chelsea. Although, he has not performed at an elite level in EPL, he is good, just not great, and he is leaving room for other midfielders at Chelsea to make a claim for his role.

He had always struggled (his coaches too) to find his best position on the pitch for his talent, he played almost every where but it seems clear that the deeper he plays, the better. His attacking skillset is limited and does not allow him to create a lot of chances.

If kovacic could shoot, he’d be world class. Don’t think he has scored a goal this season.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Brahim Diaz has officially signed. Yet another over-hyped CAM with no possibility to play as a great CM or winger is added to our youth ranks.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Florentino is certainly building a great army to be ready in 2030.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 pm

good young talent, he is small but has a good burst of pace and he is a dribbler, two footed.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:14 pm

Still a bit confused as to why we would pay anything for him at all. His contract is up at the end of the season, surely we should have waited?

I've heard the reply that RM is attempting to continue a "good" relationship with City. I don't really buy that at all. Players go for free all the time.

Plus 15m seems a bit high to me anyway, contract running out or not.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:17 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Still a bit confused as to why we would pay anything for him at all. His contract is up at the end of the season, surely we should have waited?

I've heard the reply that RM is attempting to continue a "good" relationship with City. I don't really buy that at all. Players go for free all the time.

Plus 15m seems a bit high to me anyway, contract running out or not.

Not sure, but BVB did a very similar thing with Sancho. They payed a fee to City even though on paper Sancho was out of contract.
There seem to be some legal uncertainties about youth player contracts and stuff like "education fees" etc having to be paid later, or that City could have claims to sell on fees or something like that. I'm not an expert, but from what I read BVB decided to pay a fee to nullify such potential dubious legal situations
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Gotcha, I haven't heard that, but it sounds plausible.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:07 am

Interesting side note: Pulisic' youth club in the US will not claim the mandated FIFA "education fee" because it would violate child labor laws in the United States.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:23 pm

as far as winter goes, i'm welcoming any help we can get. i know we can't make elite moves till summer so i'm cool. anyone know what position brahim diaz plays and what can we expect from him?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:55 pm

titosantill wrote:as far as winter goes, i'm welcoming any help we can get. i know we can't make elite moves till summer so i'm cool. anyone know what position brahim diaz plays and what can we expect from him?

I've never watched him play, but I read that his favorite position is just behind the strikers. AKA attacking midfielder. We love signing those, don't we? Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:03 pm

titosantill wrote:as far as winter goes, i'm welcoming any help we can get. i know we can't make elite moves till summer so i'm cool. anyone know what position brahim diaz plays and what can we expect from him?

He's 19 and has a grand total of 5 appearances for Man City... ever. All last season.

Basically, his diapers still need to be changed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Exactly, this team needs all the help.

I would sign Firpo as well.

Bring back James.

Resign Hermoso

Strikers? What options are there in the winter? None basically. Piatek?

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 pm

One thing to keep in mind re new signing, is we have a full squad already (24 already and with Brahim likely added to first team that hits the maximum number of 25).

so for any incoming player, someone currently in the 25 has to go!

Now there are a couple of tricks they can play. Have Zidane and Vinicius registered for Castilla, but they still can be on CL list. So there is a little flexibility, but not much, certainly not enough to sign as many as Cyborg is suggesting. They can try to sell or loan some like Vallejo and Isco, but realistically it makes more sense to that in June.

@ Cyborg - James coming back is non starter. Bayern won't let him go until June and then there will be a quota problem with all these SA kids coming in.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:41 pm

well we better do our homework well to avoid embarrassments like that time we signed lass and huntelaar and nobody on the staff realized only one of them could be eligible to play in europe, or the cherychev blunder
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:44 pm

futbol_bill wrote:One thing to keep in mind re new signing, is we have a full squad already (24 already and with Brahim likely added to first team that hits the maximum number of 25).

so for any incoming player, someone currently in the 25 has to go!

Now there are a couple of tricks they can play. Have Zidane and Vinicius registered for Castilla, but they still can be on CL list. So there is a little flexibility, but not much, certainly not enough to sign as many as Cyborg is suggesting. They can try to sell or loan some like Vallejo and Isco, but realistically  it makes more sense to that in June.

@ Cyborg - James coming back is non starter. Bayern won't let him go until June and then there will be a quota problem with all these SA kids coming in.

I think there's room for 1 more. The number 16 jersey is free I think.

Yeah, I know the club can't bring in all that was suggested, but they have to do something.

I'd sign Junior Firpo our left back situation is atrocious.

Vallejo is a waste of a squad place imo.

Yeah, the James deal is impossible but it's crazy that a struggling Madrid has that type of quality out of loan
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Lol, it isn’t shirt numbers that set the limit. Limit is 25. We currently have 24 Brahim likely taking the 25 th spot. Bear in mind, in the 25, are FOUR porteros. I would dump Zidane immedidately to give you the one you think we have. But other than that, you need to shed someone!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:12 pm

we can sell isco, his heart and mind isn't here anymore, but who can we sign that is of legal drinking age with a driver's license that can help us now till the end of the season? also, who would want isco at this point in time? if city and psg are rumored to be interested, i think they would want to wait till the summer, and then we can get a good cheque.....lol who knows, we've saved a dollar to lose 100s- risking losing money regarding ucl spots, and losing money with empty stadiums each day. how long is bale out for, does anyone know yet?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:30 pm

titosantill wrote:how long is bale out for, does anyone know yet?

DoC wrote:Injuries & Suspensions:

1. Marco Asensio: Muscle injury. Expected return: Jan 14, 2019.
2. Marcos Llorente: Tear in the abductor muscle. Expected return: Jan 21, 2019
3. Mariano Diaz: Sciatic Problem. Expected return: Jan 14, 2019
4. Gareth Bale: Calf Injury. Expected return: Jan 21, 2019

Bale has to be the most expensive part-time player we've ever had. As good as he is when he's in form, he's not reliable at all to stay fit. He's not in form that often either Laughing Must be difficult to find momentum, when you consistently get sidelined by an injury.

Last edited by Thimmy on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:31 pm

They say 2 weeks for Bale... so we're looking at 2 months lol.

Now Kroos is out for a while. With Llorente injured... we're looking at a midfield of Casemiro, Modric and Ceballos I hope.

My other hope is that we buy Christian Eriksen... CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN.... come on flo ffs. Vinicius with Eriksen and Benzema is workable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:32 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-transfer-news-christian-eriksen-real-madrid-new-contract-barcelona-january-window-a8715461.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:They say 2 weeks for Bale... so we're looking at 2 months lol.

Now Kroos is out for a while. With Llorente injured... we're looking at a midfield of Casemiro, Modric and Ceballos I hope.

My other hope is that we buy Christian Eriksen... CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN.... come on flo ffs. Vinicius with Eriksen and Benzema is workable.

I have wet dreams of a midfield duo of Eriksen+Kroos, but I don't expect any Hollywood transfers, at this point. I hope Flo will surprise us all.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:38 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Lol, it isn’t shirt numbers that set the limit. Limit is 25. We currently have 24 Brahim likely taking the 25 th spot. Bear in mind, in the 25, are FOUR porteros. I would dump Zidane immedidately to give you the one you think we have. But other than that, you need to shed someone!

Is Zidane registered first teamer, or is he like Vinicious who is assigned to the youth team?

If he isn't then there is a spot.

Madrid usually assigns all first teamers shirt numbers from 1 to 25. Youth players get over 25. Hence the assumption that the lack of a number 16 means a spot is open.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:47 pm

No both are listed with first team. But I’m sure if a spot is needed they can easily remove Zidane from list. So your point is valid. Removing Vinicius would be a problem given he as our best player in last game.

So the options (that I believe) are

sign one player to take Zidane’s spot

Don’t sign Brahim to first team, but rather Castilla (I think they would still be able to bring him up for some games). Then they can sign another player.

For any more signings, they have to sell.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next