The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:23 am

Of course he's Brazilian rofl

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 am

my guess is (i really should say my HOPE) they want to invest in a forward come summer, when they can get someone elite in the market. if you sign one now, you will still have to sign one in the summer. so maybe the club is saving funds for that. we need every dollar we can save cos we need players for multiple positions....but who knows, i thought the club was saving money last year, only for flo to tell us the new agenda is to sign kids.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:08 am

Last summer we wanted to sign Hazard and Chelsea did not even want to negotiate. This summer they will, he is not signing a new deal and the price quoted is 112 mil euros. So count on Hazard to be in Madrid next summer.

this club has always signed young players, i dont know what's the problem.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:39 am

So if this Militao guy comes in then that means no more Hermoso?

Hazard is 28... how many "great" years do his legs probably have?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:07 am

The Militao deal makes no sense to me. Spending 50m on a CB prospect when we can either get a cheaper option in Hermoso, or actually get the best prospect for a bit more in De Ligt.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:14 am

how do you know Militao isnt a better prospect than De Ligt?

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:32 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
this club has always signed young players, i dont know what's the problem.

that's not the problem.....signing ONLY young players (And a goalie) is. i trust we won't sign in january, and i'm fine with that. as long as we get some quality that can help us next season, not in 2025
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:51 am

there was no need to sign galacticos before. Now there is one, now that we are in a new cycle. It's really that simple, sometimes you dont get what you want on the market and instead of spending a lot of money to sign average players, we invest in young talents. it's a very smart approach imo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:58 am

Nick, could you please tell me why you feel the need to agree with everything the club does and never questions their moves no matter how outrageous they are?

I mean, if you ask any serious and neutral poster here, they'll tell you that Madrid hasn't been acting in the smartest of ways lately with their transfers. I'm pretty sure you also know that. What I fail to understand, however, is why you have been defending the club even though it's abundantly clear that there's a serious problem with our transfer policy now.

I'm genuinely asking because you don't strike me as someone who's ignorant or delusional, and there must be a good reason for your reasoning. Could you give me your take please? Why do you think it's fine to only sign young players and only go after established players when their contract is about to expire? Do you sincerely believe that such a policy is going to deliver us major trophies in the near future and be as consistent as we were before when we were spending big?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:08 am

I just think there is too much complaining around here, everything must be perfect.

A neutral poster as you say would be basking in the glory of winning 4 CLs in 5 years and understand it's time for a new cycle. simple as that. Not saying we should be happy about losing games, just that the bigger picture matters.

we as fans should really have nothing to complain about, specially not at this time. The 10 year drought and the consecutive round of 16 exit in CL, that was embarrassing.

At times i wonder if you guys have really just blanked on how bad we used to have it. Now a little downturn, end of cycle with bad results and it's constant yapping like the world is ending. I'm pretty sure the people running Madrid know a lot more what it takes to build a winning team than we give them credit for lol, they just threepeated a CL, i mean, that team must have come together with pure luck Rolling Eyes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:21 am

Us complaining shouldn't be a reason for you to turn a blind eye to the wrongdoings of the club, and our recent success shouldn't be a reason for the club to rest on their laurels. I don't need to remind you that other clubs win major trophies every year and still want more. That's the mentality you wanna have.

But that's another story. Let me ask you one last thing: since you believe our recent success should give the club some leeway, how many years of major trophy drought do you think you can endure before you say "Okay, now we have a problem"?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:55 am

no club has ever won 4 CL in 5 years, this is unprecedented. no one has ever won the CL back to back, this is unprecendented. Dont tell me about other clubs when we created our own category

Planning is not perfect, i have no problem recognizing that, but the guiding principles of investing in young players and waiting to make the right signings, always beat spending money on scrubs for panic buys. Specially when you know we are not idle (or you guys choose to ignore it).

We will sign new players in the summer, and we will be just fine, again, big picture.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:09 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:I just think there is too much complaining around here, everything must be perfect.

A neutral poster as you say would be basking in the glory of winning 4 CLs in 5 years and understand it's time for a new cycle. simple as that. Not saying we should be happy about losing games, just that the bigger picture matters.

we as fans should really have nothing to complain about, specially not at this time. The 10 year drought and the consecutive round of 16 exit in CL, that was embarrassing.

At times i wonder if you guys have really just blanked on how bad we used to have it. Now a little downturn, end of cycle with bad results and it's constant yapping like the world is ending. I'm pretty sure the people running Madrid know a lot more what it takes to build a winning team than we give them credit for lol, they just threepeated a CL, i mean, that team must have come together with pure luck Rolling Eyes

We had it bad when we were signing young talents that, for whatever reason, didn't make the cut through our last transitional period, which occurred when Florentino Perez was elected president for the second time. We may not have had the luxury of being able to boast of any recent success at the time of our last transition, but we had a young and promising team, with a core of players that, for the most part, were already well established. Success didn't come immediately, but we played thoroughly entertaining football, we had a decent amount of depth, and there was a certain positivity attached to the fact that we had a strong core of players that would only go on to become better, both as individuals, and as a unit.

I'd argue that the situation we're in right now, is comparable to the one we were in prior to Florentino's re-election. We even have a new glass man in Bale. Main difference is, there's no transition in sight. I completely get being tired of reading negative things, but this really isn't about expecting things to be perfect. I, for one, expected better preparation.

I think our prolonged passiveness in the transfer market over the past few years, has been easily forgotten as a direct result of our success during the same period of time, but it's not excusable. A club like Real Madrid should have had a long-term plan for gradually fading out our veterans as they reach their 30s and beyond. Evidently, they didn't. There's really not a single thing that would indicate that they were prepared for the inevitable decline of our veteran players.

We can all be happy about our past, but as for the now, we have a bunch of players that need to be replaced, and it doesn't help our situation that the football economy may have reached it's peak in terms of transfer prices. I believe we'll find a way out of this rut eventually, but there's not a whole lot of positives to draw from any of this, looking forward. Hopefully, some of the Brazilian kids we're paying a premium for, turn out to be future starter material.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:20 am

When god Zidane was in Madrid in the past 3.5 years, he was very adamant about not bringing key changes to his first team. He protected his players and in a way they delivered CLs after CLs for him. So in my opinion you can't have it both ways.

What you call passiveness on the transfer market looked to me like a deliberate action not to change a winning formula by introducing outside players that would disturb the established order. That strategy paid off big time. What we did was signing young players who were way more willing to come in a secondary role first with hope they would get their chances. You can look at a player like James whom we signed for a lot of money and look how successful he was... he barely lasted 2 seasons before wanting out. Same with Morata wanting more play time. This season, we did everything to hold onto Kovacic and he left regardless.

This to me was the trade off, making little changes (or at least none big enough to change the established order) gave us more trophies than we can count (nah we can count). I accept that trade off and if this season is a tax on winning it's ok with me as well.

Building a new cycle is not instant but so far i have seen 0 evidence of this team being unwilling to sign top players. they are just waiting for the right opportunities to avoid being bent over in this market

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:20 pm

and hopefully the right opportunity is this summer when we sign a coach- i'm cool with not signing in january, it tells me, maybe the club is willing to give mourinho ....er .....sorry...lol, i mean the next coach the reigns to say who he wants us to bring in, as we clearly lack ideas. the winning formula changed considerably after cr, and even with him, last season was a nightmare except for ucl

its cool to avoid getting bent over in the market, but if you're risking ucl places, empty stadiums each week, spending 35 million upwards on unproven talents, how much are you really saving?

flo is a business man, i can understand that he doesn't know who to sign. so, come summer sign a coach, and that coach should have the cojones to say who he wants on his team (and flo can make a move for those players), and who he wants out of his team; and flo himself can add a galactico that he himself likes (which will most likely not be neymar nor mbappe). point is, if this team stays this exact same way next season,(or adds another bunch of teenagers only) we are losing money, NOT saving

and nobody is expecting that we should win 4 ucl's in a row, we're not even saying go out there and destroy everyone in the league. but can we at least compete? suarez and messi have more goals than our entire squad in the league, and we've always had injury problems despite how many medical practitioners we've brought in. we can charge it to the game this year (We did the same last year but managed to win ucl); but we cannot afford to charge another season to the game next year

we've "steadied the ship" well enough, mourinho....er....sorry, another coach, will have to come in next summer and "rock the boat"
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:When god Zidane was in Madrid in the past 3.5 years, he was very adamant about not bringing key changes to his first team. He protected his players and in a way they delivered CLs after CLs for him. So in my opinion you can't have it both ways.

What you call passiveness on the transfer market looked to me like a deliberate action not to change a winning formula by introducing outside players that would disturb the established order. That strategy paid off big time. What we did was signing young players who were way more willing to come in a secondary role first with hope they would get their chances. You can look at a player like James whom we signed for a lot of money and look how successful he was... he barely lasted 2 seasons before wanting out. Same with Morata wanting more play time. This season, we did everything to hold onto Kovacic and he left regardless.

This to me was the trade off, making little changes (or at least none big enough to change the established order) gave us more trophies than we can count (nah we can count). I accept that trade off and if this season is a tax on winning it's ok with me as well.

Building a new cycle is not instant but so far i have seen 0 evidence of this team being unwilling to sign top players. they are just waiting for the right opportunities to avoid being bent over in this market

Who was the last "top player" we signed? Kroos? We even got him for cheap. If it takes 5 years to wait for the right opportunity, then this transitional period will be the longest in the history of the club. If we had bought more Kovacic-level players as backup over the past 5 or so years, that would have undoubtedly been more sensible business than leaving us with a team full of aging veterans, hardly any depth and an urgent need for replacement. In the worst case scenario, we'd sell those players at a loss. Best case, they'd hit their prime by now and be good enough to at least provide capable backup, with the opportunity to become first teamers if they prove their worth. We already have a player like that in Ceballos, but we should've had several more by now. It's top training facilities and an environment filled with talent like ours, that often inspires prospectual players to reach their next level. What we're looking at is a post-Mourinho team Laughing I would definitely welcome God Zidane back. He can wave his magic wand... steady the ship that was left unsteadied by someone.. prove that he didn't leave because he'd squeezed every drop of prime juice out of a world class squad. Why did he leave? 3-time CL winning, God Zidane could have stayed and made all negativity go away. If you come off the back of winning the CL so many times in a row, nothing can go wrong - or so, I keep reading on here.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:how do you know Militao isnt a better prospect than De Ligt?

From watching De Ligt, from scout reports, from reading credible sources.

De Ligt is the next big thing imo. A lot of the qualities I saw in Varane at such a young age I am seeing in De Ligt. It is not common.

What can you tell me about Militao that would warrant 50m?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:27 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

-He's Brazilian.
-He doesn't remember the 90s at all.

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 5 Double
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:34 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

De Ligt is the next big thing imo. A lot of the qualities I saw in Varane at such a young age I am seeing in De Ligt. It is not common.

nothing at all.

I would be lying if I tell you that I have watched him.

Scouting reports about Militao are also extremely favorable
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:26 pm

First comparing Isco to Guti and now keeps mentioning Mourinho, starting to hate Tito as much as Hans.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Also, I say this with no fear or favour, building a cycle, to me, has nothing to do with the club buying a forward that can give you another avenue of goals. That's all I really wanted, another good to very good striker, you know, an Icardi, a Timo Werner, the Polish guy at Genoa, don't care.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:43 pm

I will explain the mourinho thing shortly
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

nothing at all.

I would be lying if I tell you that I have watched him.

Scouting reports about Militao are also extremely favorable

Nick, I would assume you are advocating Militao or De Ligt because they possibily are a challenge / eventual replacement of Ramos! Last year you were concerned about a 4th CB coming as to what it might do to Nacho’s status. Have you now changed your opinion (presumably because of Ramos’ advancing age). The alternatives are returning Hermoso or Valverde, both of whom are now highly rated amongst Spanish CBs and both well ahead of Vallejo (only two years ago it was the reverse). Plus they both come at a much cheaper price.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 pm

titosantill wrote:I will explain the mourinho thing shortly

You can’t explain the Morinho thing because there isn’t one, only in Hans trolling! If Flo is so stupid to bring back that cancer, repeatedly failed manager, then it’s time to start mounting the replace Flo movement!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 am

okay, so here is my take, and before one just blatantly dismisses it, read and ponder over it. first and foremost, i'm writing only with respect to the summer, so this isn't about january nor this season. next season most of us here agree that a new coach is needed, and we want to avoid mistakes that will see us with little ready made talent

first we want to avoid a yes-man coach or a coach enamored with flo  and the club. we need a manager who, can say this is who i want and who i don't want, and the club respects said manager well enough to go with such proposal. if we had a strong team, where the issue was people where just not picking their weight, i wouldn't mind a yes-man, but what we cannot afford in the summer is a choir boy coach, who will kiss the badge, talk about liking the anthem, sing flo's praises, and not even have the cojones to say "this squad isn't it"

now there are good coaches out there, and people have thrown some names around in our forum, but many of those coaches strike me as nice guys, who may come in with the "sign whoever you want and i'll just coach" attitude; well, flo can't sign whoever he wants, cos he doesn't know who to sign besides certain names, so we actually need a coach who's done their homework
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:19 am

the case for mourinho;
he'll rock the boat, his arrival will see the automatic departure of a lot of dead weight. the last time he came, there wasn't even any debate or any speculation guti raul metzelder salgado, all those old players (i think cannavaro left the year before, not sure), just exited stage left. it will be the same this time, some of the dead weight i expect will start making arrangements with their agents to find new clubs

he is a pundit now, so he's watching games and will have a list of players who are good but probably not on flo's radar that we can get, and he values depth (Which is something i value a lot, especially in this era). he does his homework, he won't come in here and settle for a squad that isn't good

case against mou;
he's a cancer, in his third season things get in disarray, and he overdoes things from a tactical standpoint especially on defense, even when playing against crap teams. i feel we can survive him for said 3 seasons, he can help build a new squad for us and when he starts his crap in the 3rd season we can out him, but at least we'd have the revolution we need.

capello and mourinho are extremely similar; their football isn't pretty, they love patting themselves on the back, and throwing players under the bus (capello though has no problems admitting when he gets it wrong), but for a complete shake up, their ruthlessness may be needed

unless you're all cool with having another yes-man coach who will do as uncle flo says and allow ramos dictate how things are to be done.....remember one time cristiano let ramos take a pk and mourinho damn near lost his mind on the touch line. i'm cool with other coaches, but i'm fervently against another yes-man
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next