The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:55 pm

What is solari is doing that so bad? The hate for the man is baseless he is coaching well and I like the fact the he is giving all the players a chance, getting the team to play some good football with much better team work, just look how the teams plays when players like isco, asensio and marcelo aren't out there dwelling on the ball, hogging the ball, and shitty dribbles that leads to nothing but YouTube highlights or cr being blackhole eating all the chances for himself, proper team football not ego driven bs that been plaguing the club for a while now.

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:23 pm

it is not about solari. the team is building for the future, a proper coach is needed (in the summer) at some point in time, madrid needs to build a franchise the right way and quit hiring stooges/yes-men. whoopty freaking doo, we've beat some teams we should be beating anyways with our eyes closed, that doesn't mean all of a sudden, things should remain as they are. i'm a fan of not waiting till the wheels fall off before you change the tires. we'll do what we must this season. next season we must avoid the same mistakes, get our overhaul on, which will include hiring a coach who actually has a backbone on what he wants his team to look like. we are where we are now, because of undying trust in the illogical. in reality we have gifted barcelona more league titles than they actually deserve....and that's a Fact
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:46 pm

Tito every day you guys keep wishing for this massive overhaul and future stuff like 7 or 8 seasons now, when it's obvious the reason the team win things is thanks to the core players growth and chemistry built up over the years, nothing is wrong with slowly swapping out the players, midfield and defense is set already, vini is already here this summer more additional attackers will come in, just say you want to see the club move on from benzema, all the overhaul and future stuff is code for him anyways.

solari is not a yes man stop it a yes man ain't playing Valverde or llorente or vini or reguillon , jlo was a proper coach no? And how well did he do? The club is letting him manage how he see fit, and they will take it from there.

Also isn't convenient when the team win games no big deal but when they lose worst Madrid team in history, club is broke, fire the board etc, the club is not in a bad place  as fans want it to be.

Let's say swap out half the Xi this summer lose out on CL and drop out r16 are you gonna admit it was a mistake or pretend it's a rebuild its fine?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:57 pm

who is that one manager that will build Madrid into a "franchise" with 100% certainty?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:who is that one manager that will build Madrid into a "franchise" with 100% certainty?

Not fucking Solari.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 am

I honestly believe that real Madrid fans care more about the names on jerseys than actual winning, is winning with mbappe so much more important winning than winning with benzema, winning with pogba mean more than winning with kroos or hazard than bale that I get from these posts what does it matter as long as the team win? I don't give a shit if Benzema gets benched all season if it means the team winning, again I'm trusting 4 time CL winning players over YouTube hype until they prove it.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:06 am

In my humble opinion, Allegri is the best manager we could sign this summer, he has everything. But if not him then if Solari continues to have success till the end of the season (huge if) then you have to to consider extending him for a season.

I respect how he is dealing with this marcelo situation, and if he puts casemiro/kroos in competition for time with ceballos/llorente, then i think you have to really think about it.

you want a manager that's pragmatic, great man manager, can build a team, values winning trophies, is charismatic, etc... it's not that easy.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:07 am

he has no choice but to play those players lol, who else should he play? and yes, when we beat certain teams its cool , i am happy, but beating espanyol doesn't all of a sudden, mean everything is all roses and butterflies and now we should hand our keys to solari, or keep the exact same team with guys over 30 for 4 more years.

if we are rebuilding in the summer, we need someone who is able to say who he wants, what he wants and what system would fit with that. works together with the president and technical staff to see that through....ofcourse i want us to move on from benzema , like is that even a secret? as well as bale, ramos, marcelo, isco, and not seeing lucas (who's hardwork i value) as a starter every day. the same way i wanted us to move on from raul and those boys too, that the media held unt

we cannot afford to have another bad start and then start scrambling around doing our homework mid-season. i've been on the wagon of solari staying till the end of the season. but to construct a team we need a manager, and not yes-men who come here talking about they like the madrid anthem, to win fan points or telling us how great flo is
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:12 am

Doc wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:who is that one manager that will build Madrid into a "franchise" with 100% certainty?

Not fucking Solari.

based on what? benching a under performing isco and marcelo? What a bad manager he doesn't believe in elite ball shielding and no defense, just keep leaking goals and losing games what a fool, he even gave vini a chance to play the idiot Laughing.

I don't even want solari either but he is not been awful far from it, made a lot of unpopular decisions and it's working flawlessly back to scoring goals, playing good football and playing with some determination, according to popular opinions horrible man manager he was gonna lose the team, cause it's so embarrassing benching isco hilarious stuff really.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:13 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:In my humble opinion, Allegri is the best manager we could sign this summer, he has everything. But if not him then if Solari continues to have success till the end of the season (huge if) then you have to to consider extending him for a season.

i've always been on the side of meritocracy, if solari delivers the ucl OR the league (doesn't have to be both), then i'm all for a stay....its a title based industry, and we can't let emotions or petty allegiances see us gift more league titles to barcelona (its really ridiculous how many they've won ). BUT if somehow, some miracle happens, i'm only about meritocracy, and he'd deserve to stay. but if we're still steadying the ship, then it should be adios....he was brought in as a care taker anyway

titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:20 am

Delivering the CL or the league? lol that is some pretty steep standard. To me he is having success mainly on the basis of player selection, which is in turn contributing to improved results. This is what i want to see continuing + maybe a copa del rey run. The players are responding well to Solari, and he is not being treated with disdain, unlike Lopetegui.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:25 am

titosantill wrote:he has no choice but to play those players lol, who else should he play? and yes, when we beat certain teams its cool , i am happy, but beating espanyol doesn't all of a sudden, mean everything is all roses and butterflies and now we should hand our keys to solari, or keep the exact same team with guys over 30 for 4 more years.

if we are rebuilding in the summer, we need someone who is able to say who he wants, what he wants and what system would fit with that. works together with the president and technical staff to see that through....ofcourse i want us to move on from benzema , like is that even a secret?  as well as bale, ramos, marcelo, isco, and not seeing lucas (who's hardwork i value) as a starter every day. the same way i wanted us to move on from raul and those boys too, that the media held unt

we cannot afford to have another bad start and then start scrambling around doing our homework mid-season. i've been on the wagon of solari staying till the end of the season. but to construct a team we need a manager, and not yes-men who come here talking about they like the madrid anthem, to win fan points or telling us how great flo is

if jlo wasn't such a p***y he could have salvage the league easily, but he got caught up in establishing isco and asensio as the Future bs, that not on the club or the overall quality of the team, it's on isco and asensio end of story.

No solari didn't have to play any of those players, he played those players because he knows that what the team needs, directness, quick pace and proper defending, not flawless isco let players blow right by him or watching marcelo leaking goals when reguillon is right there 9r asensio and is nonsense he was running a round doing all season, i especially applaud solari for not being bullied into playing isco and lose then drop him scenarios tired of seeing that bs with every new coach.

I'm sorry but the club doesn't care about personal agendas from fans who can't get over higuain, they care about setting up the team to be as successful as possible for as long as possible and that doesn't mean dumping half the team into the bin cause their no longer the new hype, let's fill the team up with 550 mil of players that a guaranteed win, remember golacticos Era? Remember what can after that? Remember when Flo said he ain't doing that again? A lot of these discussions are based in petty biases against players you don't want to recognize or tired of this is not fifa.

Last edited by chad4401 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 am

Not even Carlo who won la decima or Zidane who won another 3 CLs, could tell Perez to build the team the way they wanted. This is not Madrid, we are not going to sign a manager and then let him dictate how we build the team. Only man to do that was Mourinho and i would argue the context which allowed him to wield such power does not exist anymore.

If you really want us to avoid a bad start, then you should really want us to limit making changes to the team, like hiring a new coach if the one we have is already in place and things are working well.

By no means am i saying that Solari is a brilliant coach, if anything he is learning on the job, but he has made way more good choices than bad. I am pretty sure i have trashed his name as well, so it's not like i am 100% happy with him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:46 am

Why would Flo give a manager total control again? The club is moving in the right direction, invest in young players and splash the cash when necessary.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:51 am

titosantill wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:In my humble opinion, Allegri is the best manager we could sign this summer, he has everything. But if not him then if Solari continues to have success till the end of the season (huge if) then you have to to consider extending him for a season.

i've always been on the side of meritocracy, if solari delivers the ucl OR the league (doesn't have to be both), then i'm all for a stay....its a title based industry, and we can't let emotions or petty allegiances see us gift more league titles to barcelona (its really ridiculous how many they've won ). BUT if somehow, some miracle happens, i'm only about meritocracy, and he'd deserve to stay. but if we're still steadying the ship, then it should be adios....he was brought in as a care taker anyway

don't lie you don't even care for the players that won 4 CL, are you really gonna change your mind if solari wins one? Come on now.

I wish the club do all the things you want this summer especially getting hipster coach poch with hipster legend Erickson, cause I'm 1000 percent certain it's gonna workout the same or worse cause this is real life and not fifa.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 am

have you assessed how successful our method of strangling every coach has been? the 3 straight UCLs isn't down to 'the madrid way of doing things', i'm sure you of all people mrnick, do realize that. i get the point about limiting hiring and firing of coaches, it costs money. but is staying the course really going to prevent that? if you don't give a coach a say, then how are you really avoiding hirings and firings?

let's not talk solari, for now, let's look at the big picture. club wants to hire a coach, but club doesn't want the coach to have a say in how the team is run, in terms of building that team, then what exactly are we setting ourselves up for? people talk about how good certain coaches are, those said coaches have had authority to say how they want to build their teams. but if that's not what we are about, then me calling whoever we "hire" a yes-man isn't out of bounds

i don't get why you're talking about higuain, wasn't a fan of his either. so isco and asensio are the culprits right? lol these dudes haven't even started all our games this season? where they the culprits last year when we lost the league in october as well?

what's ironic mr chad is after our first 4 or so games, when you were championing lopetegui to stay for 3 more years after we beat getafe leganes roma et al, isco and asensio started in most of those games, in at least 2 or 3 of our first couple of games they were both starters. and back then you where posting lope should stay on, and everyone saying we need this or that is sheep
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:58 am

lol i would actually rather mourinho over poch for what its worth.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:14 am

Lmao mou have you seen Manu without him? Have you seen Madrid with him? Oh wait I forgot he was the only manager that treated benzema like shit and claimed he could never with him and mou never won the big games cause he plays the team like a coward, of course you would prefer him.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:16 am

These opinions are so petty and obvious why even bother really later man I respectfully disagree with everything you said.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:34 am

i posted reasons why i wouldn't mind mou on another thread, i'm not about to post said reasons again. i like allegri too, but see no reason why he'd leave juve...unfortunately everything doesn't revolve around benzema.....or isco for that matter, like damn. i bet if i mention the cuban missile crisis, we'd find a way to link it to benzema
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:37 am

Can anyone tell me what Solari's tactics are? Legitimately cannot decipher. Do we press/counter-press? Are we a possession team, a direct team, countering team? Do we utilize width, play through the center, overlap? Anything? I've stopped watching, as I have mentioned before, because it was so boring and unattractive. Part of that was because I didn't see any trace of a coherent tactic or even tactical influence. If anyone can enlighten me I would love to hear.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:10 am

counter attacking is our most comfortable system (at least to me); and there's a lot of width considering we have lucas who operates down the right, so we utilize both high and low crosses, i take it bale will feature predominantly on the left since cutting in isn't the best way to utilize lucas. having vini means we get a lot of 1 v 1 opportunities, where he goes at defenders.

have you really stopped watching or are you just joking? i guess when one starts seeing empty seats at the bernabeu, we can't be too surprised those at home aren't tuning in. anyway for what its worth there are some youngsters who aren't wetting the bed like reguilon for example...you might want to catch some games and establish your own opinion
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:23 am

Hiring a coach and allowing him to absolutely dictate the sporting policy is reckless. when he bombs after 1 year what do you do with the bums he made you sign? No, sporting policy belongs to the club, it needs to be clearly established and then you bring in a coach to reign everyone in, and to pilot the ship to destination.

Big picture, i believe the club thinks about building the most balanced squad possible. Galacticos + world class players + young talents + castilla. This has always been the game plan, at times, the invested more in Galacticos, or young players etc... this always varies. Obviously we had a made squad for the past few years which dominated europe so there was no pressing need to sign galacticos, even though, we attempted to sign Mbappe.

What i expect is the club signing world class players and other young players with potential while they wait for an opportunity to sign a generational talent like Mbappe or even Neymar. I made a post the other about the defender we had been linked with, we know the club is looking at Hazard, Eriksen, etc... planning does not stop.

@Deez, i dont think Solari is concerned with having a "style", it's hard to say. So far, he has been pragmatic in his approach to games, and has favor hard working players over status.

All those questions you ask about our style, very much applied to Zidane's team, because i dont think he himself had a set style of play. THe same is true for Carlo. Yet, those two managers won 4 CLs between the two of them.

Would i prefer a manager that allows us to play in a more methodical manner? absolutely. I love teams which are playing high pressing, possession oriented football but it seems like we can't have everything. I hear what you say about his style, in many ways to me, he isnt so different from Zidane in that he is learning on the job. Because he is coaching madrid, he can't think about football in a philosophical way, the pressure to win and to get the results by doing the simple things is way too high. Remember how Lopetegui started by playing high possession style and he ended doing i dont know what the hell? that's pressure of the job.

I feel like it's gonna take a truly exceptional guy both in belief and character to get us playing that way. So until then, it seems like we will have to do with the pragmatic

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 am

Anyone who ever says the coach should have say over transfers should look at NBA, NFL etc.

Aside from Bill Belichick it almost always goes wrong.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:43 am

pop had a say, so too pat riley when he was coaching the lakers and the knicks, and phil jackson, as a matter of fact, that's why bulls dumped on phil when they felt he was getting too much shine, so after mj left , phil left , they left it in the hands of jerry krause who hired a stooge college coach that was his friend and bulls sucked thereafter. how are the suns, cavs, and bulls doing? the coaches barely have any say. phil instead of coaching hired fisher to be his yes-man, how'd that go?

obviously you can't give 100 percent to your coach, but if you want to build a team, you can't expect your coach to just be mute. you own a bakery doesn't mean you're a good baker. the coach and technical director work together to get those players who can help the squad, management can focus on getting their galacticos is all i'm saying.

titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:26 am

so what makes you think we are muting coaches or not following their recommendation on players? i see 0 evidence of us outright not involving the coach in signings. So i dont really understand this concern.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next