The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:47 pm

No both are listed with first team. But I’m sure if a spot is needed they can easily remove Zidane from list. So your point is valid. Removing Vinicius would be a problem given he as our best player in last game.

So the options (that I believe) are

sign one player to take Zidane’s spot

Don’t sign Brahim to first team, but rather Castilla (I think they would still be able to bring him up for some games). Then they can sign another player.

For any more signings, they have to sell.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Okay, the club needs to seriously stop buying promising youngsters and playing them with Castilla.

Vinicius and now Diaz deserve fist-division football. If you're not willing to give them that, loan them out to someone who will. But don't cripple their development by playing them in such a lowly league for god's sake.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:11 pm

Don’t disagree DoC, however Brahim has only played 6 games over past 2 years with City and he’s only 18. Apparently the signing was done now to secure him as it may have been more difficult next June.

The posts above between Cyborg and myself was pointing out how limited we are when people say we should sign this January, umteen players!

We have an option for 1 player if they somehow shed Luca Zidane.

We could have another option for 1 additional if they put assign Brahim to Castilla. As I said above, I believe he can still be called up, both liga and CL. It would only be until June and he would surely be a natural to be part of first team.

I wasn’t saying that is what should be done, I was only laying out options given the 25 limitation.

Other than the Zidane and Brahim options, the only way for additional new players is selling, now, players on current squad!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Or sending them out on loan Bill... and there are a lot of takers apparently. We just don't want to do it unless we're buying someone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Speaking of loans. Apparently we are seeking Piatek on loan until the end of the season due to the injuries up front. I doubt it will happen, and I’m about 50% sure he’s another Belotti, but at least it’s something.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Also I’m not sure why people are fretting about registration. We get to re-register players at the close of the January window, so at that time we can register whichever 25 players we want and the rest can either play Castilla or go out on loan. No big deal.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:24 pm

Deez, have rules re CL registration changed? The year we bought Huntelaar and Lass, we were only allowed to add to registration list, not re-register.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:06 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Speaking of loans. Apparently we are seeking Piatek on loan until the end of the season due to the injuries up front. I doubt it will happen, and I’m about 50% sure he’s another Belotti, but at least it’s something.
thats a 100% BS rumour and his club would not do it + he is a poacher rofl one of worst type of player in football
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:46 pm

A "poacher" is not the worst type of player in football. That is 100% BS right there. Also, why would Genoa loan their 13 goals in 18 appearances striker? That also smells of 100% BS.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Genoa isn't gonna loan the player in January. Piatek most surely can be got, but by a permanent move.

futbol_bill wrote:Deez, have rules re CL registration changed? The year we bought Huntelaar and Lass, we were only allowed to add to registration list, not re-register.

Yes, you can shuffle your squad registration during the winter market for CL. This year you can also play players who already featured in CL for a different club in the same season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:41 am

sportsczy wrote:Or sending them out on loan Bill... and there are a lot of takers apparently. We just don't want to do it unless we're buying someone.

Forgive me for saying sell, I meant getting someone off squad whether it be selling, loan, player buyout, player retiring or player severe injury!

I’m not sure who you think there are lots of loan takers! Most loans are made for season. The most obvious one is Vallejo, but with his injuries, I would be surprised. Our biggest need is forwards and I don’t see them selling or loaning any of them. So unless it’s with someone like Isco, Asensio, Ceballos, Fede or Vinicius, I think that’s all the possible options, and Other than Isco, I doubt any movement.

My point was there is only realistically room for 2 more signings!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 am

Eriksen's contract expires on 30.06.2020. I really hope the club is keeping a close eye on him. He's a gem, and given his contract situation, they can get him a lot cheaper now since they only seem to be going after relatively cheap players.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:19 pm

He won't be cheap... my guess is that it will still cost 80-100 mil. But well worth it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:He won't be cheap... my guess is that it will still cost 80-100 mil. But well worth it.

even though he's got 1 year left that still seems too cheap for him considering the market and Spurs usually getting top dollars.

I'd probably have a heart attack if we got him. My favourite player on my favourite team would sure be something.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Toby Alderweireld has a 30 mill release clause. We should trigger that too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:17 pm

Why should we buy Atletico flops ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm

So, a few things- Alderweireld is not an Atletico flop, hes proven over his long career he is statistically one of the best defenders in the top leagues. Very underrated imo.

I am all for Toby, but I'm not sure he would come. I'm really not sure what he wants if I am honest- if he cares about starting or what. I doubt he would be able to oust Ramos from a Spanish/political standpoint.

Eriksen would be amazing and if we can get him for 80m we should do it asap.

On Piatek, just to set the record straight, the proposed loan deal was posted by AS. I was just passing along the message. I doubt it would happen, but with the amount of injuries and the clear overall need for more attacking talent it would be nice if we got something before the window closed.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:21 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
I am all for Toby, but I'm not sure he would come. I'm really not sure what he wants if I am honest- if he cares about starting or what. I doubt he would be able to oust Ramos from a Spanish/political standpoint.

Mourinho wanted Alderweireld in summer and he hates Ramos' guts.
I can see that working out.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:41 pm

I read somewhere yesterday that Spurs had put out a price on Eriksen - 120!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Unlikely. Try to see the whole case from Levy's perspective. You have a player who has one year left on his contract. You can either cash on them now or risk losing them for free the year after. Are you really in a position to ask 120m for them? Keep in mind that you would rather die than see him play for another English club and that you desperately need cash to survive the roughly-£1-billion stadium costs.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Eriksen at 100 mil with a year left is a good deal? Lol. Might as well just bring back James

Toby has 25 mil clause and he is turning 30 in March, plus looking for a big contract close to 10 mil per year. There is no chance in hell we get him unless Pochettino gets here and forces us
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:13 pm

We don't have to look for an elite CB. They will never accept to warm the bench for Ramos and Varane.

We just need to find someone reliable and decent enough like Nacho and get rid of the calamity that is Vallejo.

As for Eriksen, he should be top priority. He's insanely talented and he would improve our team greatly. I sincerely hope the club is planning on going after him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Imagine if we get both Hazard and Eriksen. With Solari still in charge.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 pm

There is no imaginable future with Solari still coaching past the summer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Doc wrote:Imagine if we get both Hazard and Eriksen. With Solari still in charge.

Lucas would still play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Doc wrote:Imagine if we get both Hazard and Eriksen. With Solari still in charge.

Imagine if we get neither of them. With Solari still in charge.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next