The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Well they sre the ones we bet our future on when we sold Ronaldo

and that's why Florentino should have his head checked for brain damage.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:32 am

Didn't Ronaldo want the club to pay his tax penalties/unpaid taxes or something like that?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:55 am

Doc wrote:Didn't Ronaldo want the club to pay his tax penalties/unpaid taxes or something like that?

That was just a media fabrication, I think.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 am

VanDeez touched on the CB issues I would like to extend. If Militao is bought in, should we sell Nacho or keep him because of his experience? Vallejo is as good as gone and Javi Sanchez can have emergency back up role. Starters would be Ramos (De Ligt or Skriniar if the guy is sold) and Varane with Militao and Nacho as back ups. Would that work? Or would we have to sell Nacho in order to make room Militao?
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 am

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Nacho's performance has not only fallen off a cliff but is at the bottom of the ocean. I don't like criticizing Nacho as he has been such a loyal and solid back up but even SAF got rid of O'Shea when he know longer could serve a purpose.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:29 am

Nacho is only 29. I suspect he's been poor because he doesn't get a chance to play regularly, these days. I've always appreciated how loyal he is, and that he doesn't complain, but this is what happens when you spend extended periods of time without playing any official matches. O'Shea was flexible, but I'd argue he was substantially less talented than Nacho, in general Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Yeah I don't think Nacho has to go. I find it really hard to rate players who were really good under Zidane, and are shit now (Asensio, Nacho, Marcelo etc.) I think for those specific players it could be bad coaching/tactics. Let's see how it plays out over the next few months.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:12 pm

Deez, I agree with you. I think the next two months are for Zidane to evaluate Modric, Marcelo, Kroos, Isco, Nacho, Ceballos, Llorente, Valverde, Vinicius and even Casemiro and Carvajal. None of them have been the players this year that they were under Zidane!

I would add Benz to that list, but realistically he has played well this year, certainly much better than he did past two years. But Zidane often said, if an incoming player would be an improvement he would go for it. And at this point, most of the names you mentioned would fit that description. I’m ok with Benz as a backup or rotational player.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Gonna be tough to evaluate Vinicius. Isn’t he out for six more weeks?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:24 pm

I would think that the ideal forwards a couple of years down the road would be Vinicius, Mbappe, Rodrygo with Hazard behind them!

Several questions as to whether this is obtainable?

Can Mbappe be obtained in a year or two?
Can Rodrygo play on right?
Will Vinicius, Rodrygo develop as hyped?
Can we get two BtoB midfieders to play behind Hazard?

I only bring this up, as I think it is unrealistic to expect this necessary revamping to complete in just one year and therefore we should look for a transitional plan to get towards that eventual ideal lineup.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Freeza wrote:Gonna be tough to evaluate Vinicius. Isn’t he out for six more weeks?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:54 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I would think that the ideal forwards a couple of years down the road would be Vinicius, Mbappe, Rodrygo with Hazard behind them!

Several questions as to whether this is obtainable?

Can Mbappe be obtained in a year or two?
Highly doubt, only chance is if we continue to be more successful than PSG and hold on to Zidane up until the point that Mbappe runs his contract down.
Can Rodrygo play on right?
Apparently not as well, but LW is stacked for us so he either goes out on loan or one of him or Vinicius needs to switch to the RW or play centrally
Will Vinicius, Rodrygo develop as hyped?
I think so. Rodrygo is definitely hyped more so I think he may have a more difficult time living up to that standard, but if he plays anywhere near the level we saw from Vini this season I think we will be lucky to have 2 such great prospects
Can we get two BtoB midfieders to play behind Hazard?
I think we will play a 3 man midfield until proven otherwise. We haven't really seen Zidane play a 2 man midfield so unless things have drastically changed I don't think we will see it.

I only bring this up, as I think it is unrealistic to expect this necessary revamping to complete in just one year and therefore we should look for a transitional plan to get towards that eventual ideal lineup.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 am

Sounds like Eder Militao is a done deal according tin Brazilian press
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:53 am

https://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/eder-militao-assina-por-seis-anos-e-e-o-novo-reforco-do-real-madrid.ghtml

I know it would be the first signing under Zidane but wasn't this in the works since January? Assuming all this to be true.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 pm

We just signed Militao. Well that was quick. Backline all done and dusted. Now move to the midfield and then the attack
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Im still hopeful on Hermoso replacing Nacho.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:29 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:We just signed Militao. Well that was quick. Backline all done and dusted. Now move to the midfield and then the attack
proper starting left back is missing. Marcelo is finished and for all the nice things Reguillon do he lacks an attacking skillset to make him elite. You have to sort out the left back situation as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Last summer France football published an article about how Zidane would have signed Sadio Mane for Madrid had he stayed in Madrid. Sadio Mane is in his prime now, just eliminated Bayern with a great performance and he was the most dangerous pool player in CL final against us.

Icardi
Vinicius-Hazard-Mane
Would look good
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Problem is Mane is at his best coming from the left wing like Hazard and Vinicius. I'm not saying this just to disagree but when I have watched him his attacks are almost night and day when you compare him left to right wing.

And before you say wingers can play on either wing, would you put Robben on the left? (extreme example)

Also wondering why you have Icardi when you have been disparaging him left and right.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Last summer France football published an article about how Zidane would have signed Sadio Mane for Madrid had he stayed in Madrid. Sadio Mane is in his prime now, just eliminated Bayern with a great performance and he was the most dangerous pool player in CL final against us.

Icardi
Vinicius-Hazard-Mane
Would look good

Wow, Nick suggesting Icardi after months of saying he wasn’t good enough for Madrid!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:59 pm

@Vandeez, I know he plays on the left, but I recall him playing on the right at Southampton no? anyway it might very well be that he is not as good on the right at this point, which I'm ok with but this is the level of player I hope we sign.

@Bill, I still can't stand him, he is a really poor footballer for what I have seen, like truly awful on the ball, but he is a scorer. At the end of the day, there is no way we can be competitive if we don't have a number 9 who bangs goals and put centerbacks on the edge all the time. If you can sign that fraud for less than his buyout clause, given the current market, then it makes sense. Benzema simply can't be allowed to lead the line moving forward, he is not a goal threat and struggles doing number 9 things which bother Centerbacks.

Jovic has been talked about he sounds like a great talent with the kind of all around game I like, but i have 2 concerns with him: 1) he is actually not the one leading the line at Frankfurt, Haller is. Jovic is currently operating more like a second striker, which means fielding him at the top of our lines would be an experiment in a way; 2) he is young and inexperienced and the timing might not be good for him to come to Madrid now with the amount of pressure and expectation we will have next season to score goals. It's a risk you have a lot less with a player like Icardi.

The CF market is so bad that I have to say Icardi, I feel dirty.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Lol, I feel like digging up several of your posts were you said he would not be an improvement over Benz.

It’s fun to see you feel dirty!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:16 pm

If it was me, I would break the bank, send Zidane to whisper in ear (both player and family) to give Mbappe and PSG whatever they want, i.e. Ronaldo and Messi type money. (And I’d forget about Neymar, he isn’t as valuable as Mbappe)

Last time around he was an unproven younger, but this time he is established, I would say as best striker out there!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:18 pm

You can find several posts where I said he is a shitty footballer and not signing him last summer was not a "mistake". I still maintain that. Poachers are shat

But we need a number 9, this we have always agreed on.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:49 pm

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2019/03/militao-new-real-madrid-player

Militao is official

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:We just signed Militao. Well that was quick. Backline all done and dusted. Now move to the midfield and then the attack
proper starting left back is missing. Marcelo is finished and for all the nice things Reguillon do he lacks an attacking skillset to make him elite. You have to sort out the left back situation as well.
let's not try to replace Marcelo like for like. Just like Ronaldo in his position and Ramos in his you'll never find someone who'll be able to replicate Marcelo. What we need is a solid FB and Reguillon is just that. Let's not act like Reguillon is some Nacho offensively, he and Vinicious forged a great partnership offensively and dare I say we did not really miss Marcelo on the left. If we have a frontline that takes care of creating our chances we wont be so reliant on our FBs to do it. Our defence is just fine. I'd have Militao compete with Varane and take over if he is better because Varane is far too tame to be a RM, got sick of seeing midget forwards bully him game in game out.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next