The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:We just signed Militao. Well that was quick. Backline all done and dusted. Now move to the midfield and then the attack
proper starting left back is missing. Marcelo is finished and for all the nice things Reguillon do he lacks an attacking skillset to make him elite. You have to sort out the left back situation as well.
let's not try to replace Marcelo like for like. Just like Ronaldo in his position and Ramos in his you'll never find someone who'll be able to replicate Marcelo. What we need is a solid FB and Reguillon is just that. Let's not act like Reguillon is some Nacho offensively, he and Vinicious forged a great partnership offensively and dare I say we did not really miss Marcelo on the left. If we have a frontline that takes care of creating our chances we wont be so reliant on our FBs to do it. Our defence is just fine. I'd have Militao compete with Varane and take over if he is better because Varane is far too tame to be a RM, got sick of seeing midget forwards bully him game in game out.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Lol @ your opinion on Varane, sure not gonna waste my time arguing that.

Reguillon is a solid fullback, we all like h, but there is a difference between world-class and good. I am not looking for a new Marcelo just making the point that we should sign another fullback to improve.competition on that side, the same way we have it at other positions.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:31 pm

If Marcelo stays I don't see the need for a new LB. Have Marcelo and Reguillon compete. If Marcelo plays the same way fine, let him be Reguillon's back up and mentor. He's not totally finished just needs a reason to try harder. Worse comes to worse we still have the ever reliable Nacho to fill in

I have read very good things about Militao. He's very aggressive apparently. Finally have our Pepe replacement? Ramos-Militao would be great
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:34 pm

We have bigger fish to fry. Getting a new LB would be as stupid as getting a new GK

I'd focus the entire budget on the frontline. 2 STs, 1 LW and 1 RW. I'd even let the midfield stay the same if we revamp the whole frontline
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:39 pm

According to Marca, the club want ZZ recover the old Isco. Huh, after treating him like shit concocting with that stupid clown and planting stories about him they now remember how precious he is. Idiots

Though I agree I hope ZZ gets the best out of Isco again. He is going to be very important in the new look RM. I literally cannot wait until next season. Would love to see what ZZ has in store for us in terms of personnel
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:46 pm

The point is that Marcelo should leave lol, he has served the club well. Let Reguillon compete with another player. We have players on roster which can easily offset the cost of a new LB: Theo, Marcelo and Achraf. Sell all 3 in my opinion, put a buy back on Achraf, sign a quality left back and that's it for the defense.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:55 pm

I would argue the Varane part, Hala you have lost your damn mind. Varane is a world class CB and should not be competing with anyone far less for a new signing. Militao is clearly gonna be a Ramos replacement. Eventually. Or in theory anyway, you never really know. About competing with Varane...

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Can’t wait for a Madrid post Ramos and Bale
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Well let's see if Ramos agrees to a contract extension with Madrid. Given his age they would normally offer a 2 years deal. His contract ends in 2020.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:The point is that Marcelo should leave lol, he has served the club well. Let Reguillon compete with another player. We have players on roster which can easily offset the cost of a new LB: Theo, Marcelo and Achraf. Sell all 3 in my opinion, put a buy back on Achraf, sign a quality left back and that's it for the defense.
If we sell Marcelo then of course go for another player. I just don't think we should be quick to let go of Marcelo if he's ok with the bench. He's a good mentor for our younger players and it's important to have experienced players on the bench. Pepe had no problem staying on the bench for a whole season and the only reason he was relegated to the bench was because we didn't want to lose Varane. I hope he sticks around and I am sure he will with ZZ around
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Doc wrote:I would argue the Varane part, Hala you have lost your damn mind. Varane is a world class CB and should not be competing with anyone far less for a new signing. Militao is clearly gonna be a Ramos replacement. Eventually. Or in theory anyway, you never really know. About competing with Varane...

well I can just hate on him in my little corner then. We usually have an understanding on all issues relating to RM, what happened?

Na, seriously, Varane isn't my type of defender. He can't score headers, can't direct a defensive header onto a teammate despite his height. Is far too weak to outmuscle players, which leads him to lose duels against every forward out there unless it's in a foot race. It's not surprising to me that Ramos was a one man backline and as soon as he was out with suspension we could bullied by Tadic of all fecking players. He is just riddled with mistakes. If Militao is as good as they claim, he'll push Varane aside with ease but like you said he is here to be the long term replacement for Ramos
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:15 pm

It takes a great defensive partnership to make up a reliable defense. Put Ramos next to rusty, part-timer Nacho, and I’m sure he’d struggle as well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:15 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:The point is that Marcelo should leave lol, he has served the club well. Let Reguillon compete with another player. We have players on roster which can easily offset the cost of a new LB: Theo, Marcelo and Achraf. Sell all 3 in my opinion, put a buy back on Achraf, sign a quality left back and that's it for the defense.
If we sell Marcelo then of course go for another player. I just don't think we should be quick to let go of Marcelo if he's ok with the bench. He's a good mentor for our younger players and it's important to have experienced players on the bench. Pepe had no problem staying on the bench for a whole season and the only reason he was relegated to the bench was because we didn't want to lose Varane. I hope he sticks around and I am sure he will with ZZ around
we don't need him mentoring our players lol.

Ok so if Reguillon is getting destroyed in a game vs an elite winger, do you take him off to bring Marcelo in? His experience is not enough to justify how unbalanced his game is.

By the way pepe was not happy about being on the bench lol, no starter goes to the bench and becomes happy about it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:20 pm

I miss prime Pepe, man. He’s caused me plenty of frustration over the years, but he was such a refined player towards the end of his career with us. Never thought I’d say this, but I miss his aggression. They don’t make them like him anymore.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Those final 3 years of Pepe were really great. I do miss his defending on occasion.

@Hala
Well, at least you gave your reasons. Not sure if I agree on the out muscle part but Varane ain't competing with anyone. The man is an elite CB and would continue to be one. The issue in that particular match was that not only was Ajax waltzing past our midfield like if we played with children but Nacho has been really poor this season. And of course, the other elephant in the room named Carvajal has been nothing short of a disaster. So any mistake Varane did was gonna be magnified nicely since he was left to the wolves a lot. Also, let's not pretend Captain Commando ain't a reckless little shit who still has issues playing an offside trap but they mesh well if I must say.

Long story short: Nacho is terrible and Ramos is a clown for getting that yellow.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 pm

@bill, tune in to watch Frankfurt vs Inter, Jovic is a proper talent. already scored a goal
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 pm

If we can bring in both Jovic and Cavani faith in Perez will be restored
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Why Cavani though? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless we sell Benzema, and why would we?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Nick has been saying Jovic isn't a true 9, plays as a SS, and actually that's the same with Mbappe. Having both Cavani and Jovic would give us two scorers up front plus Hazard and / or Isco!!! Benz if he stays in that situation would be the backup.

If this happens to appease Hala, it almost certainly would with Nick as well IMO.

Actually thinking about it, me as well, just new a CM such as Eriksen to revamp MF and allowing both Modric and Kroos to leave.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:52 pm

But we only have a certain number of positions. If we are playing with 2 strikers, we can't play Hazard, Isco, and Vinicius. We are already having a tough enough time getting Rodrygo in not to mention Asensio and Benz.

Jovic may play like a SS, but so does Benz. The difference is Jovic scores lots of goals. That's what we have been asking of our CF.

If we go with Jovic/Benz up top we can at least somewhat feasibly play with 3 AMs behind. Even that is pretty unbalanced imo. I still think a 4-3-3 is our best/most balanced formation until we get better defenders.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 pm

I don’t really disagree Deez, but if Nick is right re Marcelo gone, our defense shouldn’t be an issue anymore especially if Modric and Kroos are also replaced.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:@bill, tune in to watch Frankfurt vs Inter, Jovic is a proper talent. already scored a goal

How was the game? Missed it due to other obligations Sad How many goals did Icardi score? :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 pm

fraudulant Icardi is no longer playing since his wife decided to talk her shit.

Inter got dominated, they are not good
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:fraudulant Icardi is no longer playing since his wife decided to talk her shit.

Inter got dominated, they are not good

That's why I've been saying that you can't expect him to dance around defences, when park the bus and hoof it to Mr. Kardashian is plan A, B and C Laughing So, they've completely dropped him now? I suppose that's understandable, but it's going to hurt their results substantially. Lautaro isn't ready yet, and I don't think they'll find a goalscorer as efficient as Mauro anytime in the near future.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Inter didn't dop him. Icardi has refused to train and play for weeks now. Lautaro is a beginner yet has been done well, but he was suspended.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:38 pm

i never questioned his ability to score goals, but his quality with the ball is dreadful. The quality of his team mates doesnt change that.

Jovic has the goodies but i dont think we can afford the risk at this point. he would be a perfect project behind your main CF who is at least consistent with his goals.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next