The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 pm

Doc wrote:Imagine if we get both Hazard and Eriksen. With Solari still in charge.

Imagine if we get neither of them. With Solari still in charge.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:26 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Doc wrote:Imagine if we get both Hazard and Eriksen. With Solari still in charge.

Imagine if we get neither of them. With Solari still in charge.

Don't need to imagine that, that is our current predicament.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Reguilon should be a starter. his work rate is 10 times more than Marcelo and is great defensively. play Marcelo as LW. or don't. doesn't matter. right now Reguilon is the better LB.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:53 pm

And i hope Bale gets the fuck out at the end of the season. getting paid twice as others and doing nothing. i was soooo wrong about him.

Vinicius is better than him already lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Here are the games that Reguilon has played instead of Marcelo for us :

Real Madrid 0-1 CSKA
Real Madrid 4-0 Melilla
Real Madrid 2-0 Valladolid
Real Madrid 5-0 Viktoria Plezen
Real Madrid 4-2 Celta Vigo ( injured )
Real Madrid 2-0 Valencia
Real Madrid 2-0 Sociedad
Real Madrid 3-0 Leganes
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm

we are really stock pilling on youth i see. reports are saying the deal for 17 yr old defender chechu is almost done. any thoughts? i think those who follow castilla regularly will have some insight or opinions on this
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Glad to see it.  Money well spent. Can never have too many teenagers on a team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Lol, it’s a Castilla signing!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 pm

The 3 defenders we have been consistently, and I would say reliably linked with by both EC and Marca over the past few months for the first team are:

Mario Hermoso, CB, leftie, 23, 1,84 m, can play LB, 15 mil
Eder Militao, CB, rightie, 20, 1,86m, can play RB, 42-50 mil
Junior Firpo LB, leftie, 22, 1,84m, wing back too, 50 mil

Two black players Proud

I think Ferland Mendy is a more talented player than Junior but those aren't bad targets. Hard to talk about Militao though I have not seen him much.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 am

wait a minute, did brahim really cost us 50 million or is that something i heard/read incorrectly? i was actually sitting here thinking it was on a free or something
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 am

titosantill wrote:wait a minute, did brahim really cost us 50 million or is that something i heard/read incorrectly? i was actually sitting here thinking it was on a free or something

I apologize, i was in the car listening to the radio in traffic ofcourse, it was 15 million i heard , i thought i heard 50. lol sorry about that
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 am

titosantill wrote:
titosantill wrote:wait a minute, did brahim really cost us 50 million or is that something i heard/read incorrectly? i was actually sitting here thinking it was on a free or something

I apologize, i was in the car listening to the radio in traffic ofcourse, it was 15 million i heard , i thought i heard 50. lol sorry about that

Unforgivable stuff, Tito. I feel like you need to apologize a few more times.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:The 3 defenders we have been consistently, and I would say reliably linked with by both EC and Marca over the past few months for the first team are:

Mario Hermoso, CB, leftie, 23, 1,84 m, can play LB, 15 mil
Eder Militao, CB, rightie, 20, 1,86m, can play RB, 42-50 mil
Junior Corporate, LB, leftie, 22, 1,84m, wing back too, 50 mil

Two black players Proud

I think Ferland Mendy is a more talented player than Junior but those aren't bad targets. Hard to talk about Militao though I have not seen him much.

That Firpo guy from Betis is a physical beast and good technically, with both feet. Him and Hermoso for a cumulated 60 million figure is great business, they've probably been La Liga's best players in their position this season. We should also secure Hakimi for 2020 as he's a better player than Odriozola.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:47 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
titosantill wrote:

Unforgivable stuff, Tito. I feel like you need to apologize a few more times.

You need to apologise for constantly bringing up Mou to Madrid. And banned. And possibly flogged.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 am

Also, who in the world is Junior Corporate?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:50 am

Doc wrote:Also, who in the world is Junior Firpo?

Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 am

My autocorrect is a thing of beatuty Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 am

Oh, that make sense now, thanks Valk. Also, I wonder how the club is gonna replace Marcelo, genuinely intrigued by this.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:31 am

Firpo has had half a season though. To a degree, same with Hermoso.

I don't think they would be bad signings, but I'm not so ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater so to speak. Marcelo has been bad, but he was good under Lopetegui. It's just Solari's lack of management and tactics that are making Marcelo (and this entire team) look horrible.

There are certain players I am willing to cut loose because they were bad under Solari AND Lopetegui, and even beyond in some cases. Marcelo is not one of them.

On the other hand, if Firpo is just a Reguilon replacement, I just don't really see the point.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:32 am

Doc wrote:Oh, that make sense now, thanks Valk. Also, I wonder how the club is gonna replace Marcelo, genuinely intrigued by this.
by signing a young player hoping he turns into gold, this has been the strategy almost everywhere

The LB candidates we are managing
-Firpo (or any new signing like Mendy)
-Achraf, but he is right footed
-Reguilon
-Theo Hernandez
-Hermoso if he comes back, his profile is more like Lucas Hernandez
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 am

I should have said "who" and not "how". How is obvious. Duh. You're really a big fan of Mendy, I genuinely wish I was seeing what you're seeing i.e this Evra esque potential. Theo is letting me down big time, Achraf and Reguillon are in the same boat and isn't Hermoso a CB by nature?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:42 am

Doc wrote:Oh, that make sense now, thanks Valk. Also, I wonder how the club is gonna replace Marcelo, genuinely intrigued by this.

his isn't a pressing position, replace him with someone who is hardworking (probably won't have his offence), and with time, if there's a more established interest that's good, on the market, you can sign that interest. wing back isn't that kind of position where you need an immediate all star. don't worry about mourinho, we're not signing him. but i'll take him any day over any ex-legend turned coach with no stripes/coaching experience to his name
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 am

titosantill wrote:

his isn't a pressing position, replace him with someone who is hardworking (probably won't have his offence), and with time, if there's a more established interest that's good, on the market, you can sign that interest. wing back isn't that kind of position where you need an immediate all star. don't worry about mourinho, we're not signing him. but i'll take him any day over any ex-legend turned coach with no stripes/coaching experience to his name

Tito, I really think the positon is pressing and important.

This season, Ramos has been playing two position, left back and centre back. He almost always has to cover for Marcelo. Him being pulled out of position constantly, creates a domino effect that leaks goals. There is a hole when Ramos pulls right, Casemiro has to decide whether or not to drop to centre back if he does then a hole is the in midfield.

A competent left back will cause less of this.

Reguilon has been good, bit Firpo is a bit better.

Hermoso should be Ramos' replacement. Ramos is what, 33 years old?
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:19 am

a competent left back....your words, not an all star. my point is, i don't think we should rack our minds and waste time in the market addressing left back issues. i'd like us to address pressing issues first, and then slowly we can get to that. marcelo came in after carlos; but marcelo wasn't a sure starter till like after decima, he was competing with coutinho and was on the bench prior to. unless there is an amazing lb out there we just have to have, i wouldn't like us to waste money on that without having addressed our cf, winger, and midfielder slots

titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:44 pm

Within the same month Parisunited and Di Marzio both reported about Isco's dad taking meetings with PSG and Juventus respectively. Both are excellent sources for PSG and Italy in general so It's very likely he would leave this summer. We technically don't need to replace him if James comes back but even if he doesn't that's 60-80 mil + 40 mil from James to sign a new guy.

Eriksen is definitely a target if we get that kind of money in for a new signing. If not him there are other names out there for a CM/AM type player. I'm just hope we go for players with high work rate and a bit of athletic abilities to cover the pitch in transition. That's Isco and James biggest weakness, players who need a DM or 2 to shine.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Doc wrote:I should have said "who" and not "how". How is obvious. Duh. You're really a big fan of Mendy, I genuinely wish I was seeing what you're seeing i.e this Evra esque potential. Theo is letting me down big time, Achraf and Reguillon are in the same boat and isn't Hermoso a CB by nature?

I don’t think I’ve seen enough from Mendy to even make a rough assessment of his potential, but he seems to keep getting himself injured, and there’s been several reports of Pep being unhappy with his work ethic in training. I don’t know if he’s worth betting on in his current state.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next