2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by CBarca on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Btw, the idea Eriksen is less of a player than Bernardo or even David Silva at this point is hilarious.

Eriksen is right up there every season with Ozil and Hazard as far as chances created, assists, goals etc. and hes always passed the eye test. He's absolutely vital to Tottenham who have won four on the trot without Kane and dele. Carrying Llorente, Sissoko and Oliver skipp to wins.

Eriksen has been a top class AM for a years. Just because Levy rebuffs everyone who wants to even talk about an Eriksen transfer doesn't mean he's not as good. And Tottenham have been one of the best teams in the EPL the last couple seasons and he loves the team, it's not a stretch to say he hasn't wanted to leave because he wants to bring an important title to Spurs.

Why are we trying to punish a player because they aren't playing for City or Barca or Madrid? Terrible logic. Is Kane shit too because no teams have been in for him?

Some of the worst posting I've seen from Mole since Pardew Newcastle days.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Posts : 17377
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Unique on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:45 pm

are city as good as people say they are or do they have the fear factor in the EPL because i cant remember city putting in these great performences in the UCL. teams like bayern juve barca were running away with domestic football but also keeping up the same level in the UCL.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 14626
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Impossible to have an actual debate on this subject when everyone ignores what they want to suit their agenda and make things up that i never actually said.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 65697
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Unique on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:07 pm

@Unique wrote:what was the name of that chelsea fan that used to post on here. he was a bit like chad only worst.
the guy i was thinking about was gil cheers

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 14626
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Barca should get Eriksen


hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8029
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by boyzis on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:58 pm

I can feel liverpool legs are shaking. I can sense the fear in liverpools team.

Two games
Liverpool Vs Manchester United
Tottenham vs Arsenal

Big Ones
boyzis
boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 716
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Kaladin on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm



_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Gl_pos10
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 22353
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by CBarca on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:06 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Impossible to have an actual debate on this subject when everyone ignores what they want to suit their agenda and make things up that i never actually said.


What did I make up that you said?

You said he's not better than either Silva or De Bruyne.

Eriksen better than De Bruyne LUL.

He's not better than either of the Silva's either.

I'm not going to argue De Bruyne although I think Eriksen has been better than Kevin this season. Overall I think De Bruyne is a better player and I think most seasons he is better than Eriksen.


David Silva has regressed. Bernardo Silva is amazing, right up there with Eriksen. But he's not at Eriksen's level. I won't repeat what I said because I already said it.

I made the claim that it's dumb to hold it against Eriksen that he's at Spurs right now. Your claim:

Mole wrote:I've tried to point this out a thousand times, but Eriksen is a player who is 7 out of 10 at almost everything but lacks anything in the 9 or 10 range which is why he's still at Spurs.

I'm rebuking you by arguing that there can be reasons for Eriksen being at Spurs that aren't related to his ability (Levy doesn't sell for anything less than insane fees, especially not his most or second most important player). That's a legitimate argument. You're making a spurious correlation by arguing that it's his ability that's why he's still at Spurs.

You think that one of the most complete midfielders who is at the top of chances created in the EPL every single season along with Hazard, De Bruyne and Ozil is a 7/10 at everything? Hilarious. Even more so, you think that other big teams aren't in for him because of that?

What did I misconstrue? Just because you misinterpreted my argument doesn't mean I made anything up.

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17377
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Unique on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:31 pm

@boyzis wrote:I can feel liverpool legs are shaking. I can sense the fear in liverpools team.

Two games
Liverpool Vs Manchester United
Tottenham vs Arsenal

Big Ones
liverpool are away to manure.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 14626
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Unique on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:26 pm


this guy could play a bit. didnt win what his talent deserved though.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 14626
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:37 am

@CBarca wrote:Btw, the idea Eriksen is less of a player than Bernardo or even David Silva at this point is hilarious.

Eriksen is right up there every season with Ozil and Hazard as far as chances created, assists, goals etc. and hes always passed the eye test. He's absolutely vital to Tottenham who have won four on the trot without Kane and dele. Carrying Llorente, Sissoko and Oliver skipp to wins.

Eriksen has been a top class AM for a years.


Some of the worst posting I've seen from Mole since Pardew Newcastle days.


I'll explain this using your post.

Bit in bold is what i meant, where did i say that any of this isn't true.

But there are levels to this, he has limitations on his talent level that the others do not have which when it really matters makes it much, much easier for him to be stifled.

Just to use the direct comparison, David Silva has better technique, better intelligence (football wise) better playmaking, better vision and in general better passing.

He's simply more talented at the things that matter, same goes for Bernado Silva but i will accept he's done it for a lot less time.

The reason nobody has bought him despite his great performances there are more talented players available even if sometimes they are not always as proven.

Barca could have easily bought him and he would start for them all things considered, but the reality is ( despite being better) he's in the Coutinho bracket.

Despite obviously being talented they'll always be looking for better because at the end of the day with the talent they are used to he falls short really.

I don't know how you don't see this, there's a cap on his talent level which means he'll always be a level below what the top teams look for.

His performance level is great but when it really matters his lack of top end generational talent holds him back, just to use Bernado Silva's performance against Liverpool for example.

He simply isn't capable of such a performance because he simply lacks top end talent. He's good and sometimes great at almost everything but there's certain skill based aspect of his game that falls short.

The reason De Bruyne and Pogba get away with this despite tbh being inferior technically and in some skill related aspects they have severe physical tools which outweigh the minor lack of top end skill in some ways.

Eriksen doesn't really have such such an advantage, notice i never not once mentioned his stats or his importance to Tottenham this isn't what's this about nor has it never been.

What's more i don't why you take it so defensively. Henry was always capable of more than Shearer, because he had more talent that's just the reality of this situation.

Eriksen is very, very good he's just not best in the world good and never will be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 65697
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 am

Mole I see a lot of vague references to 'talent' but where exactly does Eriksen fall short of Bernardo? You'll have a hard time convincing us he is a better final passer, a better finisher, has a cooler head, or has better vision. What does Bernardo excel at so much more that he is 'great' when Eriksen is not? David we can agree on, or at least relative to his prime.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23801
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 am

i am also curious about this top end talent thing mole is talking about.

In terms of performances, i have seen Eriksen this season put on a Motm performance vs united, i also remember a similar performance from last season against united. I already mentioned both CL games vs Juventus. I am not even an avid Spurs watcher but i have seen these elite top end performances from Eriksen.

Is this talent thing one's ability to touch the ball a lot when they dribble and to appear elusive because they move in between the lines and release the ball fast?

And Eriksen from my observation has clear physical and tactical advantages to players like the silvas.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 29239
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 am

dead


_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 29239
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Thimmy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 am

My ears, man. Could never find a good balance between not bursting my eardrums, and not being able to make out what he was saying Mad
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8029
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by CBarca on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:10 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Mole I see a lot of vague references to 'talent' but where exactly does Eriksen fall short of Bernardo? You'll have a hard time convincing us he is a better final passer, a better finisher, has a cooler head, or has better vision. What does Bernardo excel at so much more that he is 'great' when Eriksen is not? David we can agree on, or at least relative to his prime.


Yeah I mean don't get me wrong, like I said, I see that De Bruyne is a better player. As I said, I think this season Eriksen has been better but over their careers Kevin has been better and is a more talented player. David Silva in his prime is better, full stop. David in his prime was incredible and although again, I might argue Eriksen has been better this season, overall David has been a better player in his career.

I don't think Eriksen is that far behind though, actually.

You can say all you want about Eriksen being 7/10's etc and that he doesn't have as good of passing or creativity etc, but for all that...like I said, Eriksen is consistently at the top of the league each season in assists and chances created (he's second this year, one assist behind first placed Hazard).

Eriksen place in assists each year
18-19: 2nd with 9
17-18: T-5th with 10 (behind four City players lol)
16-17: 2nd with 15 (behind De Bruyne)
15-16: 2nd with 13 (behind Ozil)

Out of the last 4 seasons he's been second 3 times, and the other time he was the second highest after all of the City players who scored an insane amount of goals that season, nothing to be ashamed about. If you look at "big chances created" for the same years, you'll see him in the top 5 every year except this year, weirdly (he's been a lot deeper this year).

I don't like to rely on stats too much, but if we were to look at good quantitative information to discern "passing ability" and "creativity", by all metrics Eriksen has been in the top 5 pretty much every year that he's been in the EPL for Tottenham. I disagree completely with you that he doesn't have 9/10's in those categories and also that Bernardo/Silva eclipse him there (again, David in his prime, better, Eriksen right now? Better than David).

Can we also take a moment to appreciate Eriksen's run with Denmark? Brought them to the World Cup and got out of the group stages. The WC run was more due to defense by the team, but the qualification to the WC was the Eriksen show. You can talk about CL KO's but he was great against Juve last year and is capped by his team, unfortunately. But he showed real mettle with Denmark.

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17377
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:23 am

by the way, when i brought forth this conversation, ionly referred to Eriksen, De bruyne, and Pogba as the holy trinity of complete midfielders in EPL. My point/argument still stand, these guys have a clear physical, technical and tactical advantage to all other midfielders in EPL. the silvas are not in this conversation, however good they are they are not as complete.

and completeness very much matters for players who can impact the game in so many ways from midfield.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 29239
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Arquitescu on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:57 am

Eriksen has been underrated for years.

To this day I am reeling over the fact that Milan paid the 13 million Euro Eriksen was coming for in 2013, to acquire Alessandro Matri instead.

From way back there was no doubt he was special and no one since Ajax in their hype machine is even close to what he is capable of.

Is he better than Bernardo?

Given he is entering is prime and the 2-3 three year difference it would not be harsh to call him better given indeed he is a more complete player than Bernardo, and has performed for a longer time.

Bernardo was always noted for his sheer talented yet many times underperformed in Monaco and in the big stage often, though that should not be a problem in the future if he is coached to protect his glaring limits.

As otherwise we have an absolute gem in our hands to watch.

In the end they are and happen to be very different players but Eriksen has limited himself by being in Spurs for this long and maybe not so much now in their current stage, but for the years they were in a constant transitional stage.


_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 504px-Zazpiak_Bat.svg
Arquitescu
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 8549
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Nishankly on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:dead



rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 16622
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Glory on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:16 am

@Mr Nick09 wrote:dead


Laughing Guy's a tool.
Glory
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 5543
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by iftikhar on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Gordon Banks dies at 81

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47217826
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 8320
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by RealGunner on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:17 pm

So...Declan Rice wants to play for England ffs Proud

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 81998
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 pm

@RealGunner wrote:So...Declan Rice wants to play for England ffs Proud



Thought of you when i saw it lol, is he actually good enough?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 65697
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by RealGunner on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Yea an amazing talent who will be at a top club soon. Straight in the England team IMO.


RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 81998
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Jay29 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:26 pm

He's getting a call-up in March for sure. No way he would declare for England if Southgate didn't give him the heads-up.

I'm still not sure about him because he reminds me too much of Eric Dier. He's a decent destroyer type who can play multiple positions and has safe passing, but I don't know how he'll cope against a good press.

He'll probably be useful for England, though, to balance out all these fancy creative mids and wingers we've unearthed out of nowhere.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 17939
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by RealGunner on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Have you heard of Courtney Senior Jay?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 81998
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum