halamadrid2
Doc
Mamad
25 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

El Clasico thread - Page 6 Empty Re: El Clasico thread

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Dont worry we'll play against some toilet team like Leganes and win and marca will declare their usual "madrid is back" announcement. It was a good experience for vinicius , the guy is a kid, and for a kid , he wasnt scared. Just keep working hard. I expected less from this game than the el clasico where we lost 2-6 at home

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:51 pm

Who else is there to blame other than the 18 y/o kid who's 5 months into his European football career? he is our most dangerous attacking player after all Laughing Nah but seriously his finishing is not just bad it's horrid, almost Lucas level.

Reguilon was really impressive today, has impressed all season but i wasn't convinced he could claim a starting spot at Madrid. This match and the Atleti match is making me have 2nd thoughts, was arguably our best player in the two biggest matches.

Benzema has always been an inconsistent goalscorer, can't expect him to change that this late in his career. If we're gonna have him as starting ST we'll need a goalscorer on the wings but there is no one available.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:58 pm

No i don't blame him. actually him, Regui and Llorente are the only positive things about this team right now lol.

Just pointing out his big weakness and blaming the team that can't create shit without him
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:24 am

I actually completely forgot the game was today loooooooooooool.... good for me. Glad I missed it.

I didn't expect us to win... but 3-0? Was it as bad as the scoreline??
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:40 am

I was at work so couldn't see the game; saw Vinicius' highlights though and he looked impressive. Will go back to see what Fede and Reguilon did.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:06 am

vanDEEZ wrote:I haven't watched RM since December, but I'll predict 2 losses and a draw at best, and the draw will be in CDR so it will be pointless.

Shoot, I meant to hit quote and I edited the post making it seem like I didn't have insane foresight

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:34 am

sportsczy wrote:I actually completely forgot the game was today loooooooooooool.... good for me.  Glad I missed it.

I didn't expect us to win... but 3-0?  Was it as bad as the scoreline??

Not at all. We performed better over 90 minutes, had more possession and pinned them back for extended periods of time, but our finishing was almost as bad as it gets. Multiple missed shots and good opportunities to score by Vinicius, Benzema, Casemiro and even Reguilon. Vinicius caused them all kinds of trouble, but his finishing was absolutely woeful. The biggest opportunity was probably when Benzema fired a left-legged volley from close distance, straight at Ter Stegen. Barcelona only hit the target 2-3 times or so, but were absolutely clinical. They also got a penalty near the end of the match, when it looked like our team spirit had faded.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:57 am

Thanks dude.

Vini doesn't have the finishing... but he shouldn't be expected to!!! Benzema.. well he is what he is. You can't be mad at a player who's shown and proven what he is over and over again, the good and the bad.

The problem is that we have no scoring alternatives and no firepower we can bring off the bench. So if plan A is either misfiring or not working, we have nothing else.

We literally have no room for error against elite teams. We CAN win CL. But it's unlikely that you can have near perfect scenarios over 5 games. Somewhere along the line, things will go wrong and you'll need to have a plan b within a game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:13 am

Well it is what it is. Barca are very clinical in big games. Only CR was a scored in our team. Benzema was never been a good scorer. Almost all his goals are tap in or header at second post.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:17 am

Look at how an almost finished Suarez is wrecking havocs for our defence every single game. We need the best attackers not the flawed ones.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:01 am

Adit wrote:Look at how an almost finished Suarez is wrecking havocs for our defence every single game. We need the best attackers not the flawed ones.

No, we have the best 9 in the world according to Florentino, and he knows better apparently.

Don't hold your breath for new strikers, the only elite players we'll be going after are those in the final year of their contract. That's the reality of Madrid. We don't have an elite mentality anymore, and we have to accept that.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:24 am

Watrched the game again. We have elite mentality. we absolutely dominated Barca last night.

Benzema caused Busquets all kinda problems, Vini and Regui was monsterous besides finishing of course. Case had Messi in his pocket. we pressed good and played smart until Suarez's goal.

just were unlucky.

The way we won against Ajax, Barca won against us.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 am

Mamad just discovered 13 time CL winner has elite mentality. What a revelation.

Prepare for another beating on Saturday, kid!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am

It was a response to The Demon of Carthage's post who said we don't have elite mentality anymore.

and honestly, i don't care about next clasico's result. we lose we lose we win we still lose the league.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:54 am

I mentioned this earlier in the game, but carvajal had a nightmare defensively, and his crossing was awful. Big reason why we lost today. Even with lucas covering his ass he still was out of position and made mistakes for the goals.

Benzema and Vinicius’s finishing were awful but i’m surprised no one is talking about Dani.

We play Lucas for defensive solidity but why does carvajal need so much support if he’s not even gonna contribute offensively? Odriozola is weak as well in the back but at least he has a killer pass in him.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Mamad wrote:It was a response to The Demon of Carthage's post who said we don't have elite mentality anymore.

It's okay, you can call me DoC or Demon Smile

I wasn't talking about the players when I said we don't have an elite mentality anymore. I was talking about the board. They no longer have it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Myesyats wrote:Mamad just discovered 13 time CL winner has elite mentality. What a revelation.

Prepare for another beating on Saturday, kid!

Why prepare when I know my team is gonna bounce back with renewed vigor. Show respect to the real Kings of Europe ffs.

Also, please continue to chase Rakitic, Suarez and Valverde away.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:49 pm

Gotta say, its not easy for Real fans atm... I thought they played a very good game, maybe as the second half were on they tired, but b4 that they were very good, and we really struggled.

I can understand the goal scoring problem, Benzema is just not the type who can consistently score every chance, he is always about his all round game, but asking him to score every game like Ronaldo is unrealisitc, so with Ronaldo gone, they certainly miss someone who can goal regularly. It used to be Bale, Asencio, the midfielders, and Ramos Very Happy but it looks like nobody can consistently do that now, Bale doesnt even start anymore, Vinius clearly needs to improve his finishing, but b4 that Real will be lacking in goal scoring, unless they create tons of chances every game to make up.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Technically, it is very easy for a Madrid fan as, after all, they won 3 CL titles in a row.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:22 am

After the "We must value draws" comment, Solari has come out yesterday to add the following:
Solari wrote:Against Barcelona we conceded just two shots on goal, so we must have done a lot of things well for that
Another glorious comment perfectly tailored with succinct care, designed for the sole purpose of giving hala a heart attack Very Happy
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:32 am

It Might be same story tonight. Barca with few shots still take their chances.
I think it has been case in Clasico for this decade. Reason Barca had some incredible Clinical strikers Eto, Villa, Suarez all of them was best finisher in the world at their time. This type of strike will take half chance to score a goal.
On the other hand Madrid didn't have Clinical striker since RVN, even CR7 use to take many shots and miss lots of chance to score a goal.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:07 am

Ronaldo's downfall early in his madrid career was really his selfishness, he had some bad games against Barcelona but finishing was never his weakness. His shot to goal conversion is excellent when you take away the retarded long shots and free kicks.

We miss someone with that crazy off the ball movement, direct play, and finishing. We've also lost a huge aerial threat without him, which was crucial with how many he scored from crosses and set pieces.

Until flo realizes Bale is finished because he's too scared to get injured, and that Benz is a support striker, not a goalscorer, we will continue to suffer. His lack of spending has cost us big time.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Lack of spending on a proper forward that is. We spend, we spend a lot, we just don't spend on someone that can actually finish chances. Icardi is a clown but that lil shit can finish. Kane might have his detractors because reasons but he'll finish his chances.

We gotta stop being cheap/uppity about forwards or else we'll continue to suffer. Well, "suffer".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:34 pm

I love how you guys think you are the only one that can see we need investment upfront. I'm pretty certain JAS and Perez see it too. It's just not that straight forward to sign/find an elite CF or goal scoring talent in Europe without risking to get conned for over 100 mil. I continue to say this because it's the main reason we have been careful investing in forwards. Two years ago JAS and Perez had an offer lined up for Mbappe for 180 mil, I don't think they are afraid to spend for the right player

When it comes to goalscoring wingers in Europe, how many are super elite and not already playing for a top10 club which will try to block any sale? The same applies for strikers, Marcotti had an article the other day talking about how most elite 9s today in Europe are aging and young players are not coming through. It's not that straight forward imo. Look at United which sign Lukaku for 80 mil or Chelsea signing Morata for the same, this forum would be rioting if we had made a deal like that.

Not to mention we tried many times to sign Lewandowski over the past few years and Bayern blocked any attempts. Except for usual suspects goalscoring wingers like CR, Mbappe, Nerman, Salah who is next in line? Nicolas Pepe, god knows I like him has one good season, and Lille are already asking 80 mil lol

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:40 pm

But I am absolutely certain the club didn't wanna pay him the salary he wanted. Again, we're either being cheap or uppity in our forwards but say what, Benzema is the best striker in the world and we just need to wait on Vini and Rodrygo to get better.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:45 pm

The Ronaldo thing is both ubris and club being upper confident they will have a successful transition from CR in getting Mbappe or Neymar, plus the young players we have around. It would have never happened if we had not won so much, but we did, and everyone started measuring dicks
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next