+2
Sina
RealGunner
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The North London Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: The North London Derby

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:19 pm

That's rich coming from someone who told me that stats were worthless and not a true reflection of football.

If you want to play that game, then look above: Spurs xG 1.43. Arsenal xG 3.48.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:22 pm

Stats are misleading. I never trust stats. If it was for stats arsenal could have signed Zlatan, Ronaldo etc. Look at the positives in the team. People used to say Benzema is not good now look he is coming back to his best WHY? Because stats are misleading.

Guess you had a change of heart?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:24 pm

Jay29 wrote:That's rich coming from someone who told me that stats were worthless and not a true reflection of football.

If you want to play that game, then look above: Spurs xG 1.43. Arsenal xG 3.48.

Look at the heat map

Mustafi didnot offer anything.
Midfield was non existent
Forwards missed chances

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284971/Live/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Tottenham-Arsenal

I dont like stats at all but the stats showing reality sometimes.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:27 pm

i dont want to argue with you. I respect your comments. I just felt i would vomit during the match because too me it was very bad play from arsenal. They looked better in last two matches.

Sometimes i feel the squad dont play because of player power or they dont feel motivated. Today felt they had shackles on them. XHAKA and Mustafi didnt play properly at all. sorry that is my opinion.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:29 pm

It's funny seeing Jay be labeled as an "Emery fan boy" Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:29 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I really dislike how defensive we get once we take a lead in a big game. It shouldn't be an option that early in the game.

Although we still should've won but a combination of poor refereeing and finishing on our part cost us the three points and a potential place in a top 3 position.

I cant fault Emery this game, his game plan was spot on. Except the two saves Leno made 1st half, we were not troubled. Son was quiet and Kane was marked.

Also disagree with everything boyzis mentioned except Mustafi one. Those are just stats, if u watch the game, u would know we got more dangerous chances than Spurs, got done dirty by linesman, if VAR was used, Spurs would get at least one red. We nearly got away with a win, not even dirty one. It’s bitter game, in term of performance we stepped up, result does not reflect it.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:38 pm

It was evident from the beginning that we would be defensive today. We were late coming out in the tunnel, time wasted on every set-piece, and only allowed four players to cross the halfway line. I don't think Ramsey's goal changed the gameplan at all. Until that point, it was going exactly as Emery would have wanted it to, I think.

Granted, with the way Spurs played, we could have been more ruthless on the counter-attack. The strikers didn't perform well in front of goal. Iwobi and Mkhitaryan played okay, but it's still clear that they don't have the quality to make a big difference in a game like this. So it wasn't the perfect away day performance. We did just enough offensively but can do better.

It's just that, Arsenal have been so bad away to the big sides in recent years than anything approaching a solid looking performance is something worth celebrating.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2