Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

+18
Pedram
El Gunner
VivaStPauli
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
Nishankly
CBarca
Myesyats
Freeza
Unique
Young Kaz
Glory
Hapless_Hans
Thimmy
Blue
The Madrid One
Zagadka
22 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:17 am

More worried about who now? Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:30 am

Young Kaz wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Yang is too smart for the American population. He's great but we have people who still can't point out Colombia on a map.

Lets hope his two sons are too, because they will have to score a standard deviation higher than white students to get into the exact same college.

Of course Yang wont tweet about that Laughing Laughing

You make everything about race. Seriously. Such a butthurt PC man. I hope your life isn't as hopeless as you are.

There are SO many positive things and viewpoints he brings up, and the only thing you can think about is race.

That's like me hating each and every politician, including Obama, for the chaos in the middle east, due to my Algerian background. But i really don't hate specific individuals for that alone (that includes Trump), because I don't vote purely based on one issue.

Shame on CNN for that misleading video title. Watching that video made me even more of a believer.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:41 am

FennecFox7 wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Yang is too smart for the American population. He's great but we have people who still can't point out Colombia on a map.

Lets hope his two sons are too, because they will have to score a standard deviation higher than white students to get into the exact same college.

You make everything about race. Seriously. Such a butthurt PC man. I hope your life isn't as hopeless as you are.

Would you be butthurt if you had to score higher than another group to get into the same schools, yet the one guy who looks like you running for office is more worried about that group? He calls them "Our" when Asian Americans...hell, CHINESE Americans are as large and as well off as they have ever been?

This is crazy man. If Obama pulled this, black people would, rightfully so, slaughter him but Asians are supposed to sit back and accept THIS? Laughing

Remember, Yang brought race into his campaign by using Nazi talking points.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:45 am

FennecFox7 wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

There are SO many positive things and viewpoints he brings up, and the only thing you can think about is race.

That's like me hating each and every politician, including Obama, for the chaos in the middle east, due to my Algerian background. But i really don't hate specific individuals for that alone (that includes Trump), because I don't vote purely based on one issue.

Shame on CNN for that misleading video title. Watching that video made me even more of a believer.

The argument could be made that Hitler had good viewpoints about Germany needing to rebuild after WWI...that doesnt make him acceptable.

Yang is literally out here pandering to nazis. Hes disqualified on that alone. You are young so you dont remember, but we have had a "meme" pseudo-libertarian candidate before in Ron Paul, and he was also just as bigoted. Yang will be a distant memory this time next year, but the Nazi ideas he help spread wont be. Look long and hard at him Fennec. Ask yourself what does a Chinese man get out of spouting theories about white birthrates, and what he stands to gain Silicon valley donations. Neutral

What does he stand to gain pandering to cheap Asian stereotypes with a "Math"hat.

Why wont he call other groups "our" the way he did with poor whites(who he also consider interchangeable with Nazis).

I have a meeting at work in 15 minutes so I have to wash my face to not appear like its nearly 3 AM here Laughing , but do look long and hard at him. Nazis hate Asian men more than anything, so why are they backing him. You will see the truth in your heart.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 am

Sure, brother, Hitler, Andrew Yang, peas in a pod, really
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:04 pm

But Betty, you do realize that racism is not the only issue in the world?

Its unhealthy to be so obsessed man.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Sure, brother, Hitler, Andrew Yang, peas in a pod, really

They both pander to hatred for sure.

Myesyats wrote:But Betty, you do realize that racism is not the only issue in the world?

Of course Racism isnt the only issue in the world, but this is where we begin the conversation.

Its like trying to learn arithmetic, while behaving like 2+2 is a supposition. Yang pandering to Nazis is a clear defect. It makes him unelectable in a nation becoming even more multicultural.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Even if racism is issue #1 for Asian Americans, you make up only about 5% of the entire nation.

Most white folks don't begin the conversation at that point, I'm pretty sure.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:35 pm

Myesyats wrote:Even if racism is issue #1 for Asian Americans, you make up only about 5% of the entire nation.

Yang isnt white. He's a Chinese man whose parents are scientist immigrants. Chinese numbers are as healthy as they have ever been in the history of this nation. What is "our" birth rate to him? Yang doesnt have an iota of western European blood. Why is he using that talking point?

Obama was successful because during his candidacy he made everybody feel in this together. He wanted to bring everybody together. Yang is bringing nobody together in this way.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Sure, brother, Hitler, Andrew Yang, peas in a pod, really

They both pander to hatred for sure.

Myesyats wrote:But Betty, you do realize that racism is not the only issue in the world?

Of course Racism isnt the only issue in the world, but this is where we begin the conversation.

Its like trying to learn arithmetic, while behaving like 2+2 is a supposition. Yang pandering to Nazis is a clear defect. It makes him unelectable in a nation becoming even more multicultural.
who are these nazis you keep talking about.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm

This is crazy. Hating on him because he used inclusive language towards his countrymen. He is not a Chinese man, at least not more than an American man. If he as a politician speaks as "us" towards his population, then what the hell is the problem? You are just always looking to divide based on race.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm

rincon wrote:This is crazy. Hating on him because he used inclusive language towards his countrymen. He is not a Chinese man, at least not more than an American man. If he as a politician speaks as "us" towards his population, then what the hell is the problem? You are just always looking to divide based on race.
'Thats what I'm saying. Whatever is happening in this thread, it's nitpicking to the extreme.

Going by Betty's posts alone, you would think Yang is Trump but 20x worse.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:42 pm

rincon wrote:This is crazy. Hating on him because he used inclusive language towards his countrymen. He is not a Chinese man, at least not more than an American man. If he as a politician speaks as "us" towards his population, then what the hell is the problem? You are just always looking to divide based on race.

Why didnt he do it for any other group?

Me thinks he wouldnt be as nearly inclusive if it were Japanese American numbers declining. Lets get real where is the "Our".

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Myesyats wrote:
'Thats what I'm saying. Whatever is happening in this thread, it's nitpicking to the extreme.

Going by Betty's posts alone, you would think Yang is Trump but 20x worse.

The person who started this thread certainly was a Trump fan, and in fact Trump fans seem to be part of the Yang gang. Ask yourself why this is the case.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:16 pm

People on both sides agree with him because he makes sense and actually isn't 80 years old.

He's all about 'no left, no right, only forward' so he seems like a good guy for people on the right to count on without having to vote for a pure democrat.

Not surprising that right wing people that are disappointed with Trump are joining the Yang train. I heard his meme game is strong aswell
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Myesyats wrote:People on both sides agree with him because he makes sense and actually isn't 80 years old.

He's all about 'no left, no right, only forward' so he seems like a good guy for people on the right to count on without having to vote for a pure democrat.

Not surprising that right wing people that are disappointed with Trump are joining the Yang train. I heard his meme game is strong aswell

Do you think people on the right, who sat back with a smile as their side painted a guy a kenyan and muslim(pejoratively) care about voting for a good guy?

Do you think when they are alone, in a voting booth, that they will pull the lever for a Chinese guy?

I dont see that from the party of Trump today. Hell, McCain crippled himself fighting for their benefit in Indochina, and they laugh as Trump belittled him on his deathbed Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Everyone is at least a little racist.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:14 pm

PEOPLE CARE ABOUT WHAT AFFECTS THEM.

Most people can forgive a little racism (or any other shortcoming) if all other promises or campaign points are beneficial to them.

I'm also pretty sure a great portion of the voters don't deal with racism in their life, it doesn't track with them, so it's not going to be the first thing they think about when they're about to vote.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Myesyats wrote:PEOPLE CARE ABOUT WHAT AFFECTS THEM.

Most people can forgive a little racism (or any other shortcoming) if all other promises or campaign points are beneficial to them.

I'm also pretty sure a great portion of the voters don't deal with racism in their life, it doesn't track with them, so it's not going to be the first thing they think about when they're about to vote.

If you look at Yang's biography on wikipedia, or any other site, racism clearly played a HUGE role in his childhood. The idea that he would pander to the same group(because lets be real there was no alt right when he was a kid, but the alt right are certainly the people making Chinese jokes to asian kids today) is one that is tough to swallow.

Even if I agreed with the idea of UBI, which I dont because I feel income should be tied to what you produce for the world, that would be a step too far for me as a voter.

I can understand why somebody wouldnt have it be a dealbreaker though, but for me it is.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:02 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Even if racism is issue #1 for Asian Americans, you make up only about 5% of the entire nation.

Yang isnt white. He's a Chinese man whose parents are scientist immigrants.

No dude, he is an American man whose parents are scientist immigrants.

Why do you see everything through a racial lens?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:31 am

Watching the video above closely, can't deny Betty is onto something though.
There's definitvely some curious wording going on. Will expand when I have time, as I think it's interesting.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Yang isnt white. He's a Chinese man whose parents are scientist immigrants.

No dude, he is an American man whose parents are scientist immigrants.

Why do you see everything through a racial lens?

If he was just American then why is one of the first things you see on his wikipedia page, and one of the first thing he mentions about his childhood, is bullying because of his Chinese background. Does this magically not exist now?

I thought America was a melting pot, where ingredients are blended in, not lost. The world certainly doesnt ignore his ancestry.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Not saying that he is not of Chinese descent or he should ignore that, only that you can't get upset at him using the word "our" to describe all Americans. You see things like a competition between races where because you are part of 1 you can't emphasize with the whole.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Watching the video above closely, can't deny Betty is onto something though.
There's definitvely some curious wording going on. Will expand when I have time, as I think it's interesting.

Interested on your take, because after watching the video my take was "white poor men without hope are dangerous af so we need to improve things for them or things will get dangerous fast". I wouldn't say that's pandering to them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not saying that he is not of Chinese descent or he should ignore that, only that you can't get upset at him using the word "our" to describe all Americans. You see things like a competition between races where because you are part of 1 you can't emphasize with the whole.

He didnt use "our" to describe all Americans. Because if he was looking at Americans as a whole his tweet isnt correct. Latino Americans arent decreasing, Asian Americans arent, blacks arent. He used "our" for a specific demographic.

If we are using "Our" for everybody then it isnt an issue, but Yang has shown no interest in using our for anybody not a part of the meme gang. hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:56 pm

Life expectancy has been going down for all Americans...

Again you keep looking at divided subgroups instead of the total with your warped worldview.

Here is the data btw, for all races and genders, as per the latest I could find in the cdc website

2014 78.9
2015 78.7
2016 78.6

When he said "our" he is clearly talking about all Americans as opposed to white people
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next