S
nasir6371
Glory
Vlad the Impaler
45 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Who will qualify to the semi-finals?

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 12 Vote_lcap45%UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 12 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 12 Vote_lcap55%UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 12 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 11

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 12 Empty Re: UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:00 pm

Imagine United beating Barca now rofl

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 12 Empty Re: UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Doc wrote:Is Dany gonna say that is natural for your hand to be there too?
100% :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Hope people will now accept why Artur is called the 'Brazilian Cleverley'
Only Barcelona fans on this forum think so.

In fact just @futbol and @Myesyats
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Henderson and Milner watching this shit show thinking I can’t wait to spit roast these bitches. Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Should have gotten more in the end. Anyway, I heard that Arthur kid was the next big thing or something. Scottish McTee bossed him. :bow:
Fred was good as well.
Anyway, not too focused on the result now. Need to go there and show some fight. A lift could really do well going into those matches against City and Chelsea in our top 4 bid.

Last edited by Glory on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Unique wrote:An on form Liverpool would absolutely ruin both of these scrubs.

I agree, Barca is playing nothing special in la liga this season, but Messi is carrying them. The only problem is Messi, but if Liverpool reaches SF and is on form beating them is definitely doable because they aren't anything special this season
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:13 pm

The game was a bit disappointing, but reading the posts in this thread actually making me a bit depressed, I actually miss the Real fans now, maybe its too much El Classico matches, or just good Barca matches lately, anyway, I guess never have too high hopes for the CL first tie match...just often than more cagey and no one going all out.

Basically though we are through, vs Liverpool.

Glad to see Ajax with the result, really wouldnt mind a Barca vs Ajax final Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:15 pm

After the first leg of QF, Liverpool is my clear favorite. I dont see anyone stopping them.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:18 pm

I honestly think Liverpool, Spurs and City are all better than every remaining team tbh

really hope we can sneak through against Barca now though with some people thinking they're already through

can see a 2-2 at the Nou Camp tbh

this tie is not over yet
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm

Arsenal-Napoli tomorrow gonna be 10x more interesting than this tie
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Scenes when it's a liverpool-united semifinal
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Firenze wrote:I honestly think Liverpool, Spurs and City are all better than every remaining team tbh

really hope we can sneak through against Barca now though with some people thinking they're already through

this tie is not over yet

You have no chance whatsoever to turn this around

you got lucky once, or thrice, it's time to face reality

you're stuck with a mediocre team led by a mediocre manager and a clueless CEO

CL quarters is about as high as it's ever going to get for you

next year it's back to EL again
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:37 pm

We've beaten PSG at thir ground. We've beaten Juve at their ground.

Barca didn't look a level above us today. So no, we do in fact have a chance to turn things around. Albeit heavy underdogs. We may end up in the EL next season, since we play is the best and most competitive league in the world. Can't guarantee CL qualification every season like teams that play in horrific leagues like Bundesfodder.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:47 pm

We played Atletico midweek while United rested entire week. Of course we looked knackered. And United still managed 0 shots on target when we were at our worst with Busquets donkeying around like the Heskey of midfielders.

And lol @ Liverpool fans getting excited. You will be in for some surprise. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:51 pm

futbol wrote:
And lol @ Liverpool fans getting excited. You will be in for some surprise. Laughing

Yep Laughing

Let's not pretend as if Suarez wouldn't score a hattrick in front of the Kop
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:09 pm

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 12 UQtoihh
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:19 pm

Barca are nothing special, i never denied that. But what i always tried to explain is a team which can't stop Messi has absolutely zero chance of beating them.

I don't care how meh they look, if you can't do that you lose. What happened? He creates the only goal because you give him far too much space.

All English teams do this because all of them are far too naive tactically, I've tried to explain this a million times and all the responses i get yh but they ain't that good Laughing

If that's your response you are ignoring the reality of the situation and i can't really help.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:22 pm

Horrific defending led to us conceding that goal. Messi was a non-factor for 89 minutes, a team with better attackers/more clinical would batter this Barca team, so basically City and Pool. Spurs if Kane wasn't injured.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Firenze wrote:Horrific defending led to us conceding that goal. Messi was a non-factor for 89 minutes, a team with better attackers/more clinical would batter this Barca team, so basically City and Pool. Spurs if Kane wasn't injured.

Spurs Laughing they shipped 4 to a worse performing Barca in the group stage.

It doesn't really matter, all he needs is one moment. You can continue to be indenial if you want lol but tonights game went exactly as i envisioned.

Barca played like shit and couldn't even control in the midfield against Man Yoo but they still won because when it matters you had no answers.

Liverpool won't have answers and neither will City, both teams are way too dumb tactically to beat them.

I don't know how many games it will take for you to see the obvious, maybe a CL final but I've warned you enough already.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:09 am

Firenze wrote:

That result doesn't put you through, you lost.

Firenze wrote:We've beaten PSG at thir ground. We've beaten Juve at their ground.

And the only debate is which result was the bigger fluke
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:47 am

Ole’s at the wheel.

6th? Check
Loss at home? Check
Operation Pogbito inc? Check

Thursday nights against Metalist Kharbranth awaits

Imagine thinking Spurs could reach a CL final

Guess thats when happens when a club is carried by a coach for 25 years, yikes
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 am

Remember that you're watching a team in the CL QF's against Barca, watching a side that already beat the team that's had a monopoly on your fav league for the last decade, inflicting their first home loss in god knows how long, a team that already eliminated PSG in one of the greatest CL comebacks of all time

then remember that you're a fan of a team that crashed out of a pathetic EL group despite fighting tooth and nail to progress

that you're a fan of a team battling with Atalanta in the league

a team whose talisman is a failed PL reject

now sit down, stfu and get ready for another glorious moment from the biggest club in the world 5 days from now
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:38 am

Firenze wrote:I honestly think Liverpool, Spurs and City are all better than every remaining team tbh

this tie is not over yet

It seems we are still held to our lofty standards from the Pep era. And yet ironically, under Valverde, we are probably better suited to play in Europe. Despite the United press, Mats barely broke a sweat and De Gea had to make all the saves. We play with more men behind the ball, defend well (minus the Busquets mistakes which worryingly are atleast a couple every game) and are tough to beat.

Spurs, City and Liverpool are not better teams. The best team remaining team looks to be Ajax. Played the best football and with more experience in the team, could even be considered favorites.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 am

alexjanosik wrote:
Spurs, City and Liverpool are not better teams. The best team remaining team looks to be Ajax. Played the best football and with more experience in the team, could even be considered favorites.

Nope. Absolutely not. Categorically, no, no, no.

Suffice it to say that vs this Ajax, wonderful though they are, even Kovac-Bayern would not have gone out.

They're not a top team, and 1-1 at home isn't a good result by any standards.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:17 am

Barca has one of the best possible scenarios for them, namely United must attack at Camp Nou to try and get back in the game instead of having an advantage to protect.

Yesterday I believe we were a bit above Barca overall or at least as good as they were as a team. However, they were excellent in front of goal, having 3 great chances to score, one of them being materialized with a bit of luck. We created many attempts but Dalot, Rashford and Martial's efforts were incredibly poor, so Barca actually got what they deserved, a fair lead after a tough game.

The biggest problem was Lukaku. He ruined everything for us when we were attacking. Imagine us having the attacking players of City/Liverpool/Spurs/Juve (some of the teams left in the competition with more powerful striking force). Or 10 years ago, we had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani...it was on another level. With this kind of elite players we could've scored 2 or 3 goals in my opinion. It's hard to win in these late stages of UCL against top teams, when you have mediocre attacking players even if your defense is decent and the midfield is working incredibly well. Anyway, gotta praise Fred and McTominay for doing a good job.

Also, I like how people like to say that Barca is shit, or Barca didn't play well, that United is weak etc. Almost everyone's weak and it's like there's only one or two teams playing real football nowadays. Laughing It seems for some people it's hard to accept that United actually gave Barca a better fight than anyone expected. Hard to accept this truth.

@urbaNRoots - My man, you were saying about Smalling, his fouls and the late yellow, but Busquets should've got a 2nd yellow in at least 3 occasions. At least be fair with both teams when you make such comments. For example, when I mentioned the ref decisions I also admitted that Smalling should've seen AT LEAST a yellow for hitting Messi. Razz

adun101 wrote:
Firenze wrote:

That result doesn't put you through, you lost.

Thanks, Sherlock! Of course that result isn't putting us through, my main man Firenze just predicted a 2-2 after he said he hopes we can sneak through. He didn't predict we will actually go through.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:28 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Barca has one of the best possible scenarios for them, namely United must attack at Camp Nou to try and get back in the game instead of having an advantage to protect.

Yesterday I believe we were a bit above Barca overall or at least as good as they were as a team. However, they were excellent in front of goal, having 3 great chances to score, one of them being materialized with a bit of luck. We created many attempts but Dalot, Rashford and Martial's efforts were incredibly poor, so Barca actually got what they deserved, a fair lead after a tough game.

Don’t think we will attack until the final part of the game. Ole will keep players behind and rightfully so and will only counter attack until 70-75 minutes just like he did against PSG. It would be catastrophic to go there and attack. We are too inefficient in attack and it will be easy pickings for them on the counter. So, definitely, his plan would be stay in the game as long as possible and then go for it in the end.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next