Post by Perucho21 Thu May 16, 2019 3:47 am

According to AS Jovic will be signed next week after the Bundesliga concludes

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Luka Jovic: Thicc boi - Page 4 Empty Re: Luka Jovic: Thicc boi

Post by Perucho21 Thu May 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Done deal according to various sources. Just waiting on official confirmation from the club

Welcome to Real Madrid Luka Jovic
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:He is has quite a big ass

That's extremely disgusting and creepy of you to notice.
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 18, 2019 1:17 am

NeganIsco wrote:

And I assume you picked your signature because of the camera angles?

Unless you're just being homophobic hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 18, 2019 1:32 am

NeganIsco wrote:

who is this Muppet? I see you don't post a lot, keep not posting, we don't miss it lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 18, 2019 9:09 am

Freeza wrote:
NeganIsco wrote:

And I assume you picked your signature because of the camera angles?

Unless you're just being homophobic hmm

rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Guys, if you're interested, the game Bayern-Eintracht has just begun in case you want to see Jovic in action.

I have never watched him a full game, so this is a great opportunity for me to see what he can do.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 18, 2019 3:20 pm

So far nothing from Jovic....
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 18, 2019 7:22 pm

Watched the game in its entirety and I have to say that the kid didn't impress me one bit. I hope he was just having a bad day.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Like i previously said, Jovic does not rock my world based on what i've seen. His lack of pace creates doubts in my head, and he has a hard worker's type of dribbling/technique the way i see it, not necessarily dripping with talent from his pores on that aspect. There's also few footage of any shots outside of the box. Having said that, i can see him becoming at least functional and working well with an attack that he supports/supports him.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Watched the game in its entirety and I have to say that the kid didn't impress me one bit. I hope he was just having a bad day.

It was a very bad day for him and Frankfurt in general. Actually, only Chelsea had issues dealing with Frankfurt as the rest of Bundesliga were roughing them up for a while.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue May 21, 2019 7:10 pm

According to La Sexta Frankfurt are now asking for 100 milly for Jovic and we have pulled out from signing unless they drop the price
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue May 21, 2019 10:38 pm

...why are y'all so excited over someone whos slower than Benzema?

Not a fan. frontline needs Speed in Spades. good movements mean nothing if against athletic cbs just ask Ramos

rather get someone else.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 pm

I think people are just excited about the prospect of a new signing, right now. I never had a particular opinion on Jovic, other than endorsing players with his level of workrate. He's unproven, which means that he can be hit or miss, and I don't know if it will be worth the risk if Frankfurt are going to hold him to ransom. I don't really get the impression that he's slower than Benzema, but neither of them are exceptionally fast, anyway. We could've signed the likes of Lacazette and Aubameyang in past seasons, if we wanted pace. Aubameyang was practically begging for us to come and get him, and he's been one of few positives in an otherwise underwhelming Arsenal side that struggles in both their defence and midfield.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 21, 2019 11:08 pm

Calling him slow is wild. He's not even close to being slow. He's been clocked at 32 km/h multiple times and he's incredibly smart with his runs. Hell, you don't have to be a speedster to be a great forward. Average speed and smart positioning is much more deadly than the opposite.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2019 11:11 pm

He's plenty fast. He's got a great skillset for a 9. I'd be very pissed if we didn't sign this guy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 21, 2019 11:28 pm

i really don't know anything about jovic , don't follow frankfurt nor have any interest in watching them either, but i'm curious to see how the summer plays out. the good news is that this horror show of a season is over. from the standpoint of a madrid fan it was crap and boring at the same time.....which is crazy cos i thought the league outside of us was kinda fun, and so too the ucl. to those who watch him constantly, is he any good? what are his strengths and weaknesses?

i would have asked how will he fit in our team structure, but i remembered we don't have a structure, yet
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am

I've only watched several Youtube compilations and a couple of minutes from the ties between Chelsea and Frankfurt in Europa League. You get a certain idea of what type of player he is, but I have no clue how he's been performing on a week to week basis for his club. It's hard not to like players with his drive to win, as they always look like they want to make a difference, which is something I see in the likes of Pogba far too rarely. I like to think that he has a good mix of talent and work ethic, but the talent part is a bit difficult to judge based on Youtube. He seems to be deceptively intelligent, but I have absolutely no clue whether or not he's the right type of player for us.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 am

the majority of his goals this season were thanks to his excellent positioning. only 2-3 goals where speed is called for and those he was up against lethargic defenders.

whether thats by design by his Frankfurt team or coincidence, his goals are largely attributed due to excellent positioning and where his teammates make sure that all he has to do is pull the trigger as only one goal is an individual effort.

dude is clocked @32kmph? would like receipts if available. and if it is so, this guy really doesn't want to rely on it. individual efforts and certain successful counter attacks require speed as this guy has very few highlights of it. again a good amount of his goals his teammates do the legwork for him.

my problem with him is even as we face a revolution, we're still at core, a counter attacking team. certain successful counter attacks require speed. no amount of good positioning can change that. if that were not the case, we would be all in for lewa as his attacking positioning is world class. strikers wouldn't have an expiration date. van nistelrooy would have retired here with us.

He certainly has the attacking movement and his lack of a weak foot is impressive... but not so convinced on the counter where positioning must be combined with speed.

ultimately, depending on who we sign and whether or not Zidane changes the core kf how we play, this can be rendered moot. speed aint shit so as long as the creative compensates for it. bigger question is would it be worth it? we've won 4 cl and 1 liga having a fast frontline who excel in all counter situations and being very flexible.

jovic looks to me as someone who requires support. good support. thats normally not a problem. most cfs need support anyways. but in certain situations, will he be deadweight or can he shine on his own? again, not a lot of individual efforts so honestly cant say.

if Zidane wants him, ill not oppose. though we need to reinforce our midfield and the creative first. Hazard with his great speed and creative prowess may render my concerns a mere afterthought but again, it will really depend on whether we restart from scratch in tactics or make slight tweaks. if its the former, maybe my concerns aint shit. i trust Zidane to figure this shit out.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 22, 2019 2:17 pm

Turok your assessment of Jovic's speed and overall game is all wrong. Besides who cares? The guy has scored a bucket load of goals this season with a good amount of assists.

You’ve clearly not watched Frankfurt either because if you are saying we are a counter attacking team (which we aren’t really) then Jovic playing in Frankfurt getting all of those goals is perfect. Frankfurt are excellent on the quick transition.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu May 23, 2019 8:19 am

feel free to give 5 examples from jovic's 27 goals this season where his speed is showcased vandeez. i say 5 as i already know you wont find them as i personally already counted only 2-3 but i am curious where this speed exaggeration is coming from.. if i didnt know better you have mistaken jovic for rebic who has the kph of 35.1. which i believe would be difficult as rebic had less minutes than jovic and only has 10 goals if im not mistaken?

frankfurt transition is down to the efforts of haller, kostic and rebic. jovic is also a key man but he is the final ball. not the guy who makes things happen. do you just look at the guy who has a lot of goals or do you look at why he has those goals? the difference separates the clowns from the elite. majority of jovic goals are down to excellent positioning and his support doing most the work for him. thats not a knock. as a cf thats how its supposed to be.

having said that, jovic ill admit is no clown. unlike the losers known as icardi and the other pretenders, jovic has disgusting positioning sense not seen since falcao and is ambidextrous. not enough information in terms of big games as this is his breakout year but for the most part he seems to be a legit threat even without his grossly exaggerated speed. though threat of "flash in a pan" is very real. at the very minimum, he hasnt the opportunity to put on the clown shoes just yet. needs to fail first and he hasnt. i am extremely cautious with those on a breakout year. cant tell for sure if clown or legit.

though it seems my posts and this thread may be rendered moot as it appears Real Madrid are having 2nd thoughts about signing jovic over price. If he is truly worth his claim to fame, i dont understand why Real Madrid are hesitating. market aint deflating only inflating. we aint the only ones after jovic.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 23, 2019 9:56 am

give me a break with that speed stuff, this is football not olympic sprinting.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 23, 2019 10:11 am

Don't think he's particularly slow tbh. Not sure why anyone would think that but then I haven't paid that much attention.
He does have great positioning though so maybe the fact that he seems to be in the right place already often times makes people think he's not fast?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 23, 2019 10:18 am

it''s not "people" it's only Turok who has been obsessed with fast strikers for years.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 pm

because losers like lewandowski gets constantly exposed at the highest level that is the cl. the last time lewa was relevant was when he clowned pepe during mourinho wra and he has been riding on that performance ever since. I used to be in the opinion that positioning > speed but not anymore. yes positioning is extremely important but if you aint fast enough, and the defender isnt a stupid idiot, you gonna get exposed. when was the last time lewa or anyone without speed was relevant in cl in the past 5 years? protip:no one.

and ftr jovic aint slow. he just aint fast enough to be cf for us. Benzema barely passes as is and the moment he loses so much as a single step, we need to sell benz immediately regardless of whether he scores 10 or 50. or finally bench casemiro and play Benz as the playmaking dm so that we can finally stop losing possession every time the dm spot gets pressured.

and tbh i dont see the point in jovic. Mbappe sooner or later will take Benzema's spot the day he arrives and jovic will ride the bench and eventually be sold. if not this year, next year for certain. why bother? mariano should be allowed a 2nd chance seeing as its mostly rhe fault of the midfield that we fell to pieces this season anyways.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Yes and Aubameyang who is fast as shit is a top 5 striker yes? Sure sure, please stop
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next