2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Kick on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:45 pm

@Firenze wrote:so with Sarri off to Juve are Chelsea actually replacing him with Lampard? seems a risk.


We're transfer banned, anyone we take is a risk, may as well take a high potential manager and give him some time to see how he does.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Posts : 34212
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Nishankly on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:48 pm

Too me it seems right now United and Chelsea are digging deeper holes and the gap from the Title winner for these two will be larger.

United is doing prime Liverpool under Hodgson. Losing top players, getting content with average English players, having a shit manager.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 17894
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Kick on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:50 pm

@Nishankly wrote:Too me it seems right now United and Chelsea are digging deeper holes and the gap from the Title winner for these two will be larger.

United is doing prime Liverpool under Hodgson. Losing top players, getting content with average English players, having a shit manager.


Unlike Utd, There isn't much we can do about it right now with the transfer ban.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 GettyImages-1163532035

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34212
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Nishankly on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:52 pm

@Kick wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:Too me it seems right now United and Chelsea are digging deeper holes and the gap from the Title winner for these two will be larger.

United is doing prime Liverpool under Hodgson. Losing top players, getting content with average English players, having a shit manager.


Unlike Utd, There isn't much we can do about it right now with the transfer ban.


You can't sign any players? Uptil when?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 17894
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Kick on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 pm

@Nishankly wrote:
@Kick wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:Too me it seems right now United and Chelsea are digging deeper holes and the gap from the Title winner for these two will be larger.

United is doing prime Liverpool under Hodgson. Losing top players, getting content with average English players, having a shit manager.


Unlike Utd, There isn't much we can do about it right now with the transfer ban.


You can't sign any players? Uptil when?


Banned for this window and Jan. No purchases until next summer.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 GettyImages-1163532035

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34212
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Nishankly on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:02 pm

@Kick wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Kick wrote:

Unlike Utd, There isn't much we can do about it right now with the transfer ban.


You can't sign any players? Uptil when?


Banned for this window and Jan. No purchases until next summer.


What about the loans of Kova and Higgy? This means just Pulisic this window? Man that is bad.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 17894
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Kick on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:05 pm

@Nishankly wrote:
@Kick wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Kick wrote:

Unlike Utd, There isn't much we can do about it right now with the transfer ban.


You can't sign any players? Uptil when?


Banned for this window and Jan. No purchases until next summer.


What about the loans of Kova and Higgy? This means just Pulisic this window? Man that is bad.


Higgy is not going to return and we've declined Kovacic based on his price tag.

Pulisic is the only incoming player.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 GettyImages-1163532035

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34212
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:05 am

@Kick wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Kick wrote:

Banned for this window and Jan. No purchases until next summer.


What about the loans of Kova and Higgy? This means just Pulisic this window? Man that is bad.


Higgy is not going to return and we've declined Kovacic based on his price tag.

Pulisic is the only incoming player.


And that would be ok, problem really is the severe injuries to CHO and RLC.
If those two were available, you'd have a good opportunity to immediately start building a new team involving Pulisic and those two.
Loftus-Cheek was basically the best Chelsea player whenever I watched them in the last few months, Odoi surely was ready to be given a proper chance in the starting 11.
These injuries are a bigger problem than the transfer ban IMO. You could ride out 1 season without further addition with those two.
Now, the team looks devoid of quality tbh. Tough circumstances for Lampard to come in, I don't think it will work out so well, and I'm curious as to how much patience and tolerance of bad results he might get.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Kick on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:39 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Kick wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Kick wrote:

Banned for this window and Jan. No purchases until next summer.


What about the loans of Kova and Higgy? This means just Pulisic this window? Man that is bad.


Higgy is not going to return and we've declined Kovacic based on his price tag.

Pulisic is the only incoming player.


And that would be ok, problem really is the severe injuries to CHO and RLC.
If those two were available, you'd have a good opportunity to immediately start building a new team involving Pulisic and those two.
Loftus-Cheek was basically the best Chelsea player whenever I watched them in the last few months, Odoi surely was ready to be given a proper chance in the starting 11.
These injuries are a bigger problem than the transfer ban IMO. You could ride out 1 season without further addition with those two.
Now, the team looks devoid of quality tbh. Tough circumstances for Lampard to come in, I don't think it will work out so well, and I'm curious as to how much patience and tolerance of bad results he might get.


I tend to more or less agree with you, and losing CHO and RLC was the biggest two blows (adding Reece James to that mix only worsened the blow) this season. I'd trade the EL trophy to have those guys fit for all of next season.

But I get the feeling we assumed that we could sign anyone this window, so we shot ourselves in the foot by not signing more players like Pulisic in Jan.

I am as always, optimistic about the season but I feel like we just have to reserve judgement until Lampard has a couple of windows to bring in players.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 GettyImages-1163532035

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34212
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Robespierre on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:23 am


_________________
Tomorrow the revolution will rise up again and it will proclaim with trumpets blazing: I was, I am, I shall be!
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 13608
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Kaladin on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Arsenal won't let him go a year after his move, and even if they did, we can't pay their demands

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 D7hZUzZW4AABr7d
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23149
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Kaladin on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm


_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 D7hZUzZW4AABr7d
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23149
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Firenze on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:35 pm

RVP's gonna be a BT pundit in the upcoming season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 30449
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Sina on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Opta's analytical season review for 18/19 incredibly in depth

https://www.optasportspro.com/static/8-create-season-review.html

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Sequnc10

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 22303111

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Lucas102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Vagi122018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 168477102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Calma102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 ZRXInyB2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 373298102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Xowen102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Trolldolski2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Market_15514_13904296352018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Mike1102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 9266
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 pm

@Sina wrote:Opta's analytical season review for 18/19 incredibly in depth

https://www.optasportspro.com/static/8-create-season-review.html

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Sequnc10


What does "direct speed" refer to and what measure units are those numbers?

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:26 pm

looked it up, got it. It's the meters per second that a team moves the ball forward during a sequence of possession.

Also, basically this graph shows that 50% of PL teams can barely string more than 3 passes together :coffee:

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Sina on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Yeah there are definitions

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Def210

sequence style is interesting

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 22303111

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Lucas102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Vagi122018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 168477102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Calma102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 ZRXInyB2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 373298102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Xowen102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Trolldolski2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Market_15514_13904296352018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Mike1102018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 9266
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Unique on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:46 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:looked it up, got it. It's the meters per second that a team moves the ball forward during a sequence of possession.

Also, basically this graph shows that 50% of PL teams can barely string more than 3 passes together :coffee:
and they stil had total domination of Europe Cool Cool

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15892
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:looked it up, got it. It's the meters per second that a team moves the ball forward during a sequence of possession.

Also, basically this graph shows that 50% of PL teams can barely string more than 3 passes together :coffee:
and they stil had total domination of Europe Cool Cool


Nope.
The teams that dominated in Europe were exactly the 5 teams stringing the most passes together.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Firenze on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:02 pm

Month until the season starts. Getting kind of excited, even though I'm expecting a lot of frustration and heartbreak next season.

Don't see any team challenging City. Not even Pool. (who I think will decline this season, but still comfortably finish second)

Predictions;

City
Pool
United
Spurs

for top 4

Chelsea and Arsenal will be closer to Leicester and Wolves than the Top 4 IMO. City and Pool will be 15+ points above 3rd.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 30449
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by El Gunner on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Didn't you also predict a Liverpool decline at the start of last season? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14605
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Glory on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:24 am

Manchester United displaced Arsenal last season as the Premier League team relying most heavily on graduates of their own academy.

1. Man Utd - 9334 minutes
2. Tottenham - 6887 minutes
3. Crystal Palace - 6602 minutes
4. West Ham - 6344 minutes
5. Southampton - 5866 minutes
6. Leicester - 5159 minutes
7. Arsenal - 4976 minutes
8. Huddersfield - 3771 minutes
9. Brighton - 3376 minutes
10. Fulham - 3176 minutes
11. Newcastle - 2896 minutes
12. Liverpool - 2600 minutes
13. Chelsea - 2202 minutes
14. Cardiff - 2118 minutes
15. Watford - 2070 minutes
16. Everton - 1959 minutes
17. Burnley - 1683 minutes
18. Wolves - 766 minutes
19. Bournemouth - 654 minutes
20. Man City - 371 minutes

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11773384/manchester-united-lead-the-way-with-academy-minutes-but-man-city-sit-bottom

Proud
Glory
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 5845
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:42 am

@Glory wrote:
Manchester United displaced Arsenal last season as the Premier League team relying most heavily on graduates of their own academy.

1. Man Utd - 9334 minutes
2. Tottenham - 6887 minutes
3. Crystal Palace - 6602 minutes
4. West Ham - 6344 minutes
5. Southampton - 5866 minutes
6. Leicester - 5159 minutes
7. Arsenal - 4976 minutes
8. Huddersfield - 3771 minutes
9. Brighton - 3376 minutes
10. Fulham - 3176 minutes
11. Newcastle - 2896 minutes
12. Liverpool - 2600 minutes
13. Chelsea - 2202 minutes
14. Cardiff - 2118 minutes
15. Watford - 2070 minutes
16. Everton - 1959 minutes
17. Burnley - 1683 minutes
18. Wolves - 766 minutes
19. Bournemouth - 654 minutes
20. Man City - 371 minutes

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11773384/manchester-united-lead-the-way-with-academy-minutes-but-man-city-sit-bottom

Proud


As opposed to Utd, Arsenal have not paid a 120m € transfer fee for their academy graduates though

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Glory on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:01 am

Meh. Even if you remove Pogba’s minutes we still will be 4th in that list with 6089 minutes and with 8 academy players featured.
Glory
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 5845
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:04 am

@Glory wrote:Meh. Even if you remove Pogba’s minutes we still will be 4th in that list with 6089 minutes and with 8 academy players featured.


Just teasing.
It's a good thing, will give you a good core going forward.

_________________
2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum