El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 am

We're not selling Ramos. We'd be very stupid to do so. The guy is quite frankly a moron but he's a great footballer and he's our moron. I wouldn't sell him.

He needs to realise that he is not top dog though. He should realise he's not a leader and that he should just leave that to real leaders like Iker, Xabi and Ronaldo.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Ramos in an interview : "Against forgein teams, I support Barca"

This is something you say when you are ahead in the league, not when you are 15 points behind and under-preforming. What an idiot, I swear this guy must be one of the dumbest thick headed mofos to ever play for us.

I mean FFS Pique the other day said he hoped United would beat us, no one on Barca's team wants us to win period let alone in the CL. I bet Ramos doesn't even really support Barca he just wanted to sound classy and shit which makes it even worse.

So he's butting heads with the manager, costing us in big CL games and to top it off is "supporting" Barcelona in a season where we are under-preforming. Great job Sergio, great fcking job. The sooner you realise you have bricks for brains the better.

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by the xcx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 pm

It was his attitude towards people that was a problem. Hes not a world beater, he should know that. Chelsea was knocking on the door two years, too bad it didint go through.
avatar
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 7479
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Le Samourai on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Real leaders? So being a universally recognized leader in a team that has one 2 Euros and a world Cup counts for nothing?

Your hero missed his penalty, your other hero wasn't man enough to take one. He's had many great CL performances - among them the 2nd leg against Bayern last year. He had fantastic games against Barca in the CDR final and when we sealed the league.


The media escalated whatever "rebellion" there was. Disharmony was a product of poor performances. He and Iker thought we could do better. I do as well.

If you think we can't then I don't have anything to discuss.

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 pm

"My hero" is the reason the game even went to penalties, he didn't even "miss" Neuer saved it. "My other hero" would have taken the fifth kick if Ramos and Kaka didn't choke like they did. Just to rustle your jimmies even more I'm 100% sure Pepe would have scored Ramos's pen if he took it instead eco smile

Ramos is proven on a domestic level, no arguments from me there. The guy is usually dependable, even though he's had some howlers throughout his career. In the CL it's been a different story and it would be a huge stretch to say that he's "proved himself both as a leader and as defender repeatedly on the biggest stage" in the Champions League.

Ramos likes to act like a leader but he has been anything but on the field this season, mostly because he's not nearly focused enough on football.

As for your last point of course we can do better than Mourinho, this is Real Madrid. We've won before Jose and we'll continue to win after but your suggestion is a two way street because if Ramos doesn't shape up for us soon the next question could be "Can we do better than Ramos?".

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Le Samourai on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:55 pm

I ain't stessin man. Razz

I do find it funny that you consider a dude who plays the most greedy football ever seen to be a leader - but to each his own. You're free to speculate on whatever you need to as well.

At the end of the day I know he's going to be here e he is an important part of the club, not just an important part of the team. I love him because he loves the club and because he goes hard every time and he loves Spain.

Success isn't isolated for me. My perspective is tied to Spain - yours isn't and that's probably the fundamental reason you don't appreciate him as much as I do. I can't help but appreciate a dude who has done as much as he as for my country. I think he's done alot for the club as well but clearly you disagree.

I believe in these players man - that's the main thing. I think they're talented enough that if you give them the tools they need to succeed they will. I don't think Ramos is responsible for that.

If you genuinely believe he's at the heart of dressing room conflicts and what not- you're more gullable than I thought. This is Madrid . Someone is going to get blamed for poor results. If Mourinhio is getting poor results and the media don't like him the easy way for the media to act is to create a conflict between him - Iker and Ramos. This is Madrid 101.

It would be much easier to just focus on football. When I say that I mean management. Don't make no statements, don't make set no precedents , don't make no power plays.

Improve where there's room for improvement, but adaptable enough to change when necessary, and don't make players feel like they ain't part of the process. You do that the results will come and Ramos and Mourinhio will be best friends because the media ain't got no ammunition.

You don't and we see the results.

If Ramos ceased to exist and Iker ceased to exist it would be some other poor fool who only intended to make the team better.


avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by FennecFox7 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Sam, can we get over this myth that ronaldo is selfish. ffs. He's no xavi but hes a great passer

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6058
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:25 am

Whatever, I'm not a Ramos hater. Not by a long shot, everyone here knows I've had plenty of good things to say about him on many occasions.

I think he's been poor. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Your hate for Ronaldo is still hilarious though Laughing

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by guest7 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:02 pm

CR is a leader becouse he carries us when we're losing and he has a 100% die hard attitude.

CR is twice the leader Ramos is. When we're losing I don't look for Ramos to save us I just pray to god CR wakes up so he can keep beasting.

CR and Xabi are easily our more mature and leaders in our team imo. Alot of CR's attitude problems has gone away during his stint at Madrid, he is very mature and gives classy interviews. Definitely has became one of my favourite Madrid personalities of all time imo, very smart and classy guy and gives his best no matter what and no matter the problems.
avatar
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7255
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Die Borussen on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 pm

its just that he dives and complains that gives the wrong impression in general

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Nedved on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Everyone agrees, except for La Samurai. Enough said. Time to close this thread.
avatar
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 704
Join date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Se7en wrote:CR is a leader becouse he carries us when we're losing and he has a 100% die hard attitude.

CR is twice the leader Ramos is. When we're losing I don't look for Ramos to save us I just pray to god CR wakes up so he can keep beasting.

CR and Xabi are easily our more mature and leaders in our team imo. Alot of CR's attitude problems has gone away during his stint at Madrid, he is very mature and gives classy interviews. Definitely has became one of my favourite Madrid personalities of all time imo, very smart and classy guy and gives his best no matter what and no matter the problems.

Fully agreed. When he was captain against Barca it just looked like a natural fit.

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Onyx on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 pm

I don't think Ramos getting booked/sent off really detriments his leadership skills. Getting sent off/booked is most likely due to his footballing skill.

Footballing skill shouldn't really determine who's the captain of a team.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 39475
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 pm

It doesn't, Player who was here the longest is Captain. Club tradition.

But still no one is saying lots of cards = bad leader. It's just that he can't be a captain if he's sent off/suspended every other game.

I don't think he's a natural leader tbh although I like him as a player and am a fan (despite my criticisms as of late)

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by buddytaller on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Ramos is too hot headed, maturity comes with age, I hope he develops into the player that he should be but to achieve that, he has to cut the nonsense out of his game and play to the instructions of the manager. Being a leader doesn't mean rebelling against your manager.

_________________
avatar
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 1399
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Nedved on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 pm

As much as I like this thread to stop. You guys keep amusing me.

@Yohan - you most likely have sense of humor Smile

Are you saying Ramos has a skill deficiency so he is getting sent-off so he should consult the coach? NOOO..he would n't because Mou never played football for him. So only person left for him to see is a Doctor?

Also what determines leadership skills and what is your point about Ramos?
avatar
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 704
Join date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:42 pm

He's almost 27, I'm not sure he can change his bad habits in term of cards at this point.

He can still change his attitude though.

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Onyx on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Ramos just lacks composure at times and is a bit haphazard, similar to Pepe. However Ramos is better on the ball and more composed than Pepe.

Ramos has been here a long time, he's Spanish and it makes sense for him to be the captain. Ramos will be at the club longer than Ronaldo too. Ronaldo's footballing ability shouldn't determine whether he's the captain or not.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 39475
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Nedved on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:51 pm

so Ramos being
a) Spanish
b) composure better than Pepe (BTW great benchmark)
are the reasons for him to be the Captain Smile

Any of the reasons you mentioned didn't touch up on leadership skills. But footballing skills(better handling of ball) , which BTW you earlier claimed are not important for Leadership. Contradiction.


Last edited by Nedved on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 704
Join date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ramos just lacks composure at times and is a bit haphazard, similar to Pepe. However Ramos is better on the ball and more composed than Pepe.

Ramos has been here a long time, he's Spanish and it makes sense for him to be the captain. Ramos will be at the club longer than Ronaldo too. Ronaldo's footballing ability shouldn't determine whether he's the captain or not.

Ramos is only vice captain because he's been at Real Madrid the second longest. Ronaldo is a captain for Portugal where they don't have such a rule. Cristiano is a more natural leader, he just is.

Here's what the captain list would look like if the "Senior" rule wasn't in place:

Iker, Xabi, Ronaldo.

Also the Ramos will be here longer than Ronaldo comment is just speculation on your part. Mou might stay and sell the rebels hmm

(I hope that doesn't happen it would be a disaster lol)

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Onyx on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 pm

@Nedved wrote:so Ramos being
a) Spanish
b) composure better than Pepe (BTW great benchmark)
are the reasons for him to be the Captain Smile

Any of the reasons you mentioned didn't touch up on leadership skills. But footballing skills(better handling of ball) , which BTW you earlier claimed are not important for Leadership.

By the more composed bit, I was just comparing Pepe and Ramos, it wasn't really a reason for him to be captain.

Being Spanish is a big reason for him to be captain imo. Real Madrid are a Spanish club and it's a positive if the team captain is the same nationality as the team. However it shouldn't be the only reason. Ramos has been here a long time too, so longevity is also another reason.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 39475
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by buddytaller on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 am

I don't think it would be a disaster if Ramos is sold, there very solid replacements around, Pepe and Varane could be the first choice and an experienced backup could be bought, Hummels for Ramos wouldn't be the worse thing to happen to the club.

He's Spanish though and that would probably keep him around, there not many good Spanish CB's around, which explains why Albiol gets to play for the National team despite being 4th or 5th choice at Real Madrid.

_________________
avatar
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 1399
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Onyx on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:02 am

@Zealous wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Ramos just lacks composure at times and is a bit haphazard, similar to Pepe. However Ramos is better on the ball and more composed than Pepe.

Ramos has been here a long time, he's Spanish and it makes sense for him to be the captain. Ramos will be at the club longer than Ronaldo too. Ronaldo's footballing ability shouldn't determine whether he's the captain or not.

Ramos is only vice captain because he's been at Real Madrid the second longest. Ronaldo is a captain for Portugal where they don't have such a rule. Cristiano is a more natural leader, he just is.

Here's what the captain list would look like if the "Senior" rule wasn't in place:

Iker, Xabi, Ronaldo.

Also the Ramos will be here longer than Ronaldo comment is just speculation on your part. Mou might stay and sell the rebels hmm

(I hope that doesn't happen it would be a disaster lol)

I think Ronaldo's Portugal's captain because they've kinda got a young squad. He's been in the NT scene for a long time too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 39475
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:06 am

You're right but that's not why he's captain lol

He's captain because he's a leader. Very vocal and leads by example.

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Zealous on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 pm

THAT is the Ramos I know and love. Great showing tonight Proud

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 16099
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by guest7 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 pm

yeah good performance today
avatar
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7255
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum