Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
rincon
RealGunner
Thimmy
22 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:46 am

gotten like 1 picture from the FF7 remake in the last two years rofl

Square Enix is such a mess when it comes to this franchise its incredible, very poorly handled.

cant see it releasing before 2022

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:16 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So is FF15 worth getting for someone that grew up on FF6, 7 and 9? Does it capture any of that nostalgia?

It's a Final Fantasy game in name only, so no. You're not going to feel nostalgic, and I don't think you'll enjoy the game. Best part about Final Fantasy XV is arguably it's DLC, and even those aren't so good that I would definitely recommend playing them.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:08 am

The most memorable part of my FFXV playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On6Y-VwZxAA

FFXV had a dark and pretty good story that was completely gutted into genericism (changing game directors does that) but it plays well, can be fun but it's obvious there was going to be so much more to the game.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:46 am

Thimmy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:So is FF15 worth getting for someone that grew up on FF6, 7 and 9? Does it capture any of that nostalgia?

It's a Final Fantasy game in name only, so no. You're not going to feel nostalgic, and I don't think you'll enjoy the game. Best part about Final Fantasy XV is arguably it's DLC, and even those aren't so good that I would definitely recommend playing them.

Well, that sucks for me then. Been back and forth in my mind if I should buy it on Steam since the start of the year.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:50 am

Firenze wrote:You're probably against mobile games but it was mentioned in this thread earlier by someone and also online a bunch but if you want a nostalgia FF experience, play the mobile game Brave Exvius. I dabbled in it a bit and it's very much an oldschool classic RPG. Just with online elements.

Honestly, as much as I am against mobile games and their shitty business model, been playing Brave Exvius on the JP server for a year and a half, my longest run with any mobile game ever and yeah, it still has that old FF feel to it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:32 am

Doc wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Well, that sucks for me then. Been back and forth in my mind if I should buy it on Steam since the start of the year.

It's not a completely awful game, but it just reeks of style over substance, and it's frustrating to see how bad the game is, considering how much potential it had prior to all of the chaos that occurred during it's technical development. Apart from graphics, I can't think of a single thing the game does well enough to warrant a comparison to past greats in the series. The open world seems interesting initially, but is later revealed to be about as dull and uninspired as the main storyline. There are a few features in the game that I thought were pretty neat, and Ardyn is a pretty interesting villain, but none of it is interesting enough to save the overall impression, in my opinion. The game was torn apart and patched up again during it's massive, 10 year development process, and the result is pretty much what you'd expect.

They've added a shit ton of free, genuinely substantial content since the game was first launched - such as revamped combat systems for all characters, allowing individual control of not only Noctus but the rest of his entourage as well, online multiplayer, being able to turn your car into an airship, a lot of timed events with minigames and challenges and more. I was really positively surprised by these post-release additions, but there's simply no saving this lukewarm experience of a game that was hastily put together and released in an incomplete and disarranged state. They've literally kept on developing and modifying core features in the game through continuous patch updates, long after the game was first released.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:31 am

Doc wrote:
Firenze wrote:You're probably against mobile games but it was mentioned in this thread earlier by someone and also online a bunch but if you want a nostalgia FF experience, play the mobile game Brave Exvius. I dabbled in it a bit and it's very much an oldschool classic RPG. Just with online elements.

Honestly, as much as I am against mobile games and their shitty business model, been playing Brave Exvius on the JP server for a year and a half, my longest run with any mobile game ever and yeah, it still has that old FF feel to it.

I quit playing as I already have a couple of mobile games and Exvius has far too much content at this point and is an unreal timesink, but it's absolutely a top quality mobile game IMO.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:55 am

What's the gameplay Like? Im confused because it's said it's online.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:10 pm

it's like those older 2D final fantasy games ..overworld map, turn based

it's online in the sense that you have to be connected to the internet and there are some PVP elements I think? not entirely sure, it has a lot of different game modes, not sure if you're familiar with japanese mobile gacha games, honestly probably you stay away from them tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:36 pm

Firenze wrote:honestly probably you stay away from them tbh

that too good english great firenze high five Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:00 pm

ain't nobody got time to proofread posts on forums tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:35 pm

That doesn't mean one can get away with phrasing a sentence like a mentally challenged kid, tbh Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:36 pm

hop off my dick and hop on the COD beta ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:54 pm

Wish I could, but I've been spending the weekend in Sweden. Won't be home until tomorrow. I'll definitely be there for next weekend's beta, though. Where did you pre-order the game? Amazon? How simple is it to cancel it once the beta ends?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:59 pm

I haven't pre-ordered it. I've left my COD days behind me. I don't like to settle for being a punching bag for little kids with superior reflexes to me and getting shit talked afterwards by them too tbh. Plus I just don't enjoy it now. I think its very simple with Amazon. But don't take my word for it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:17 pm

I know what you mean. Declining reflexes isn't really my issue when it comes to CoD, though. I think I can still hold my own in that respect, but I haven't really enjoyed the past few CoDs much. Also, it takes significantly longer to warm up and sustain muscle memory these days, which is super frustrating in CoD. Still, I'll make sure to get on the next beta if the GL lads will be playing it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:56 pm

FFXV 2 year Anniv stream yesterday, they opened it by telling fans that the director Tabata has resigned from the company and all of the DLC besides Episode Ardyn is now cancelled

rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:03 pm

not surprised
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:20 am

Finally played FFXV. Its ok. Liked the battle system. Storyline was boring. Summons and magic too OP. Not much character development. Main quest was kinda short. Side quests got rather repetitive after a while.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:45 pm

Wait few months and you'll realise it was terrible.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:27 pm

Laughing Tbh RG his opinion isn't exactly glowing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:59 pm

Outside of Ardyn, none of the other villains got any screen time. There was a cut scene when the villains talking about if they should kill Lunafreya. I was like who the hell are these guys. Then you see them like one more time and that's it.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm

Summons OP? I think I triggered a summon 4 or 5 times throughout the entire game. They must've patched it since. I know they added a shit ton of pretty neat features since I completed the game. Online mode, being able to fly anywhere and turn your car into a monster truck, timed events etc etc. Unfortunately, no amount of content can compensate for the core game being boring and shallow. The DLCs were substantially more fun and exciting than the main game, which only goes to show that condensed experiences are the way to go. FF XV is content-wise large, shallow and incoherent.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25 am

How far did people get to with post-game stuff before giving up?

I'm level 75 and basically only got left the hard hunts (hunt rank Cool, Randolph's weapon quests and menace beneath Lucis quests. I'm not super keen to grind to level 99...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 pm

I did all of the hunts, and the vast majority of the side content, but I'm under the impression that they added a lot of stuff since I stopped playing it. I got to level 99 pretty fast, but I don't remember how. I think it had something to do with cooking food.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:04 pm

silver wrote:How far did people get to with post-game stuff before giving up?

I'm level 75 and basically only got left the hard hunts (hunt rank Cool, Randolph's weapon quests and menace beneath Lucis quests. I'm not super keen to grind to level 99...

Did everything as i was after the platinum. Not worth it at all. Still can't believe I spent 2 hours in real life fighting that mountain turtle lmaoooo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next