Perucho21
Doc
sportsczy
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Time to pounce on Mbappe Empty Time to pounce on Mbappe

Post by sportsczy Sun May 19, 2019 11:32 pm

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Trophees-unfp-kylian-mbappe-psg-veut-plus-de-responsabilites-au-psg-ou-ailleurs-pour-un-nouveau-projet/1020657

"...This is a very important moment for me. I think I'm coming to a first or a second turning point in my career. I think I've discovered a lot of things here (ligue 1) and now I feel that maybe it's time to have more responsibility. I hope it may be at Paris-Saint-Germain. It would be with great pleasure. Or maybe ... maybe it will be elsewhere for a new project. But I would like to say thank you."

Sounds like good bye speech... and this kid measures every word he says.

These were his words upon winning Ligue 1 player of the year today.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Time to pounce on Mbappe Empty Re: Time to pounce on Mbappe

Post by Doc Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 am

He could make many goodbye speeches but there isn't many clubs that could afford him. City maybe but they are already under some scrutiny and probably not interested. I doubt Madrid can afford him either.

In any case, he chose to go PSG on his own free will knowing the condition of the league so hope he learns to enjoy his stay there. Living in Paris and being very well paid should help.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon May 20, 2019 1:26 am

If he really is considering leaving then we should go all out for him. Having Zidane back also increases our chances.

Right now though for us to have a shot we have to deal with Bale and his stubbornness
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 am

Madrid already offered 250mil for him and PSG said no according to l'Equipe a ways back... that was a first try.  His marketing value alone (which is humongous given he's 20) value him at over $1 billion according to Forbes lol.  I didn't post the player valuation article because most here would have an aneurysm.

Obviously not going to pay 1B for Mbappe.  But I think 300-400 mil would do it with a payment plan over 3 years.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon May 20, 2019 1:42 am

Would love it obviously, but it is fantasy unless there is some hidden clause we haven't seen.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 am

There likely is... which is why Mbappe can make such a statement. I always felt that Mbappe and his clan are way too smart to tie themselves completely to PSG. It was a money move and likely with a 2 year guaranteed commitment. After that, Mbappe likely has some outs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 am

Lol sports you of all people should not fall for this, you know he is not going anywhere

French media's were quick last night to go to Mbappe's people to clarify what he said. The explanation isn't that he is done with PSG, simply there is a power struggle at PSG right now with Nerman and Mbappe is trying to wrestle control of the club away from Nerman who is trying to create a "Brazilian clan" within the club, with players like Coutinho signing etc...

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon May 20, 2019 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 am

Benzema's successor is playing it both ways sports. time will tell whether he is aiming to properly put nerman in his shadow/outright kicking him out of psg or our time to sign the only one who can succeed Benzema no problem has finally arrived.

I currently see it as a power play to be the face of PSG as PSG would rather sell us Nerman on a discount before they would even consider taking our finances to the cleaners for Mbappe. Mbappe is their greatest star. PSG will give him w/e he desires to keep him. even if it means making a fool out of nerman. PSG ain't stupid.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 20, 2019 6:18 pm

PSG just shot this shit down lmao, hope you did not fap too much about this
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2019 6:27 pm

It's not entirely up to them Nick... you know that. This isn't Rabiot or Verratti. Nowhere near the stature of Mbappe. They can't deal with this like they did the other cases. If they try, it is going to be a trainwreck for PSG.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 20, 2019 6:53 pm

@sportsczy , seriously, no joke, do you really believe anything will come out of this and by that i mean this summer, not next year or two or 3 years time but this summer? if you don't then it would behoove you not to get ours and your hopes up. if its realistic, and by that i mean him really wanting out; i'd say we should go for it and not spare any expense to have him here as our center forward next season. but i don't see it, at least not this summer. i don't see any special subliminal or underlying message to what he said either, just athlete's talk. i'll just say we should keep tabs on him, keep our ears to the ground and make sure he doesn't end up elsewhere
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 20, 2019 7:00 pm

hes off to city lads. they are the only team that can afford him and are not bound by ffp rules.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 20, 2019 7:06 pm

We can afford any player out there. We haven't spent in years, could probably go for a 1b summer and still have cash reserves
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Valkyrja wrote:We can afford any player out there. We haven't spent in years, could probably go for a 1b summer and still have cash reserves
the problem you have is you need at least 3-4 new players so spending everything on mbappe will not help you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2019 7:15 pm

titosantill wrote:@sportsczy , seriously, no joke, do you really believe anything will come out of this and by that i mean this summer, not next year or two or 3 years time but this summer? if you don't then it would behoove you not to get ours and your hopes up. if its realistic, and by that i mean him really wanting out; i'd say we should go for it and not spare any expense to have him here as our center forward next season. but i don't see it, at least not this summer. i don't see any special subliminal or underlying message to what he said either, just athlete's talk. i'll just say we should keep tabs on him, keep our ears to the ground and make sure he doesn't end up elsewhere

There's a power struggle in PSG's locker room.  Mbappe wants to take over control from the Brazilians.  He can force his way out if he doesn't get his way.

In essence, he's forcing PSG to choose between him and Neymar/Silva/Marquinhos/Alves.  Not to mention, Cavani has no role if Mbappe gets his way.

It's not that easy of a decision for PSG because Mbappe could still leave fairly soon (and even likely) if they choose him...  while Neymar actually likes his situation (team is built around him, not Mbappe).

PSG are going to obviously try to hold it together.  But it's not a situation that is viable for very long.  You have two alphas that aren't willing to compromise for each other.

Mbappe is not shy and he's not going to compromise even an ounce of his career for anyone or anything.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 20, 2019 7:53 pm

lmao it's been too long

another classic moment of Sports' horses running away with the carriage
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 pm

Unique wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:We can afford any player out there. We haven't spent in years, could probably go for a 1b summer and still have cash reserves
the problem you have is you need at least 3-4 new players so spending everything on mbappe will not help you.

There's money aside for a star player, we are filfthy rich
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Unique wrote:

We haven't been filthy rich since the oil sheiks became part of the game. Our strength lies in our player drawing power.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 20, 2019 8:34 pm

You're literally the richest club in the world. Nr 1 in revenue.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Unique wrote:

well i really hope you get him and not the ffp dodgers. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Unique wrote:

We haven't been filthy rich since the oil sheiks became part of the game.  Our strength lies in our player drawing power.

We have money but that doesn't mean we are stupid to just splash it around. When the right opportunity will come, we will act on it and pay accordingly, just like with Zidane or CR.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:lmao it's been too long

another classic moment of Sports' horses running away with the carriage

This is literally the story that RMC Sport and Le Parisien are running.  Here's one:

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/psg-les-coulisses-du-coup-de-pression-de-mbappe-1695421.html

I'm not saying any of this obviously.  I just don't feel like linking 10 articles so I summarize.

Mbappe wants to become the key man.  Heck, he said it himself in the statement:  "I've passed a cap in my career.  I'm ready and want more responsibility.  If it's at PSG, with pleasure.  If not, It'll be for another project."  You can't get any more blunt that that.  Is that so hard to understand?

The power is with Neymar and the Brazilians at PSG. Mbappe wants the focus on him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon May 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:You're literally the richest club in the world. Nr 1 in revenue.

I'm aware of that, we reclaimed it from Man United this year. There are a lot of other factors that play into how much money we actually possess, though. I suppose the 1b figure Valk threw out there was merely a hyperbole, but I honestly don't get the impression that we have enough funds available to iron out half of our flaws. The current market rates for top talent are simply too outrageously high. It seems to me that if you want to get the very best players these days, you have to find a loophole in the regulations and let your filthy rich owners take care of the rest. Alternatively, have the player force their way out of their current club, which is a shitty thing to do, but is probably our best bet since we have the player drawing power to make it happen.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 20, 2019 10:50 pm

If Mbappe wants to help push Neymar this way, by all means lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:If Mbappe wants to help push Neymar this way, by all means lol

Tuchel and the rest of the team is closer to Neymar than Mbappe...   Mbappe is extremely competitive and it doesn't rub everyone well on the team.  Jealousy too given his age. (@Hans. This is according to media).

Again, Neymar is more likely to stay long term than Mbappe.  PSG is catering to Neymar's party life.  Not to mention Neymar has a bunch of his Brazilian friends on the team.

PSG is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Only question is when this thing blows up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next