The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 25, 2019 4:08 pm

yea kinda interested in it too

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Perucho21 on Sun May 26, 2019 1:04 am

anyone have a stream for double or nothing?

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sun May 26, 2019 11:18 am

#JUSTICE4The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Lulcas11The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 ZidaneThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 SmurffThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 GhelyonThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Hungry_boyThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun May 26, 2019 11:19 am

I just skimmed through Double or Nothing, and had a fun time. hmm

I knew nothing about 90% of the performers so I can't comment too much on how good or bad they were, or on the booking. However, their three big matches were all great.

Cody vs Dustin reminded me how good wrestling can be. It was the first time I've seen Cody perform since leaving WWE and I can't believe how much he's changed. He looked a genuine star.

I've heard a lot about the Young Bucks but the Lucha Brothers impressed me more. I enjoyed the Young Bucks playing up how rusty they were.

Kenny vs Jericho was a different type of match, and I appreciated that since it rounded out the card nicely.

MJF reminds me so much of The Miz, in a good way.

There were some quirky rules that'll take some getting used to. No count outs unless the ref decides to do one (which seems difficult to apply consistently), time limits on every match (a little arbitrary but it's not hurting anything), and this so-called merit system that they mentioned where "wins matter". We'll see how that goes.

I saw enough good things to watch another show.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun May 26, 2019 11:23 am

Watched the highlights, based on that the match between the Rhodes brothers seemed fantastic and really good storytelling ( plus Blood !)

Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros seemed really entertaining if not a little ridiculous with some of the false finishes and Jericho vs Omega seemed predictably great.

Plus the Jon Moxley(Ambrose) run in where he DDTed everyone including the ref. Laughing

Seems promising for a first show, i guess we'll see where they go once their weekly TV show starts.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by silver on Sun May 26, 2019 11:52 am

Didn't know about the quirky rules thing.

The ref decides when to do a countout happens all the time everywhere. Guess they finally just called a spade a spade and made it an official rule.

The time limit thing happens in NJPW. It adds to the drama that a match can end in a draw and you have situations where one wrestler is trying to beat the time - similar to end of iron man matches.

Didn't watch Double or Nothing but saw a few clips on youtube. The standout for me was actually having a loud crowd.

Not sure if the back elbow is going to get over.

I do hope its more like NJPW - focus on wrestling with a little bit of story telling rather than WWE-lite.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun May 26, 2019 11:55 am

It's Chris Jericho, dude got a plant pot over lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sun May 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Young Bucks went overboard. Like they do most of the time.

In NJPW, I think the booking keeps them closer to the ground. You see less of ridiculous kickouts there. On indies, where they have free rein their matches go full retard. Now in AEW where they are the bookers its probably gonna get worse. Its a shame, when they have proper storytelling in their matches, they legit are the best tag team in the world. Like their match against Omega and Ibushi.

One thing though, I can't wait to see Revival in AEW. Revival vs Young Bucks and Lucha Bros is gonna rule.

#JUSTICE4The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Lulcas11The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 ZidaneThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 SmurffThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 GhelyonThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Hungry_boyThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 5 Lol-sign

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun May 26, 2019 12:34 pm

I would like to think they have enough smart people there that the Young Bucks won't go completely spot monkey fest all the time.

I hope so at least, i don't mind having near falls like that but some of them were a little ridiculous.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun May 26, 2019 2:37 pm

Had no idea Ambrose left WWE
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun May 26, 2019 2:39 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Had no idea Ambrose left WWE

Yeah his contract ran out after WM, people initially thought it was a work because WWE acknowledged it publicly lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Sun May 26, 2019 2:53 pm

@M99 wrote:

Wow i didnt expect this AEW to attract this big of a crowd, it seems WWE actually has a legit competitor (thank fuck). I really hope they surpass WWE.

Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun May 26, 2019 7:07 pm

Bah gawd looks like there's going to be actual competition for WWE. JR as commentator, Ambrose, Jericho, a TV deal, rich owner, good crowds etc. Need to sign Punk up imo.

Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sun May 26, 2019 10:11 pm

@Onyx wrote:Bah gawd looks like there's going to be actual competition for WWE. JR as commentator, Ambrose, Jericho, a TV deal, rich owner, good crowds etc. Need to sign Punk up imo.

Actually, Tony Khan has been wanting to make a wrestling company for a long time. He wanted CM Punk as the face of the company but he rejected it. After All In, he contacted The Elite.

@Kaladin wrote:
@M99 wrote:

Wow i didnt expect this AEW to attract this big of a crowd, it seems WWE actually has a legit competitor (thank fuck). I really hope they surpass WWE.

20000+ is insane. WWE does not even get that nowadays other than big stadium PPVs.

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun May 26, 2019 10:15 pm

It got 200,000 buys btw on PPV.

To put that in perspective, only WWE PPVs that did more before they stopped bothering with PPV where the big 4.

The B PPVs were usually all less.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Mon May 27, 2019 8:51 am

I'm remaining cautious about AEW as a genuine competitor to WWE. Satisfaction with WWE's product is at its lowest for many years, so it's a ripe time for another brand to steal viewers and build hype. Time will tell if AEW's brand is robust enough if and when WWE gets its shit together. Also, we'll have to see how AEW fares as a weekly TV show i.e. retention rate of crowds, storylines over a longer period, performance of the talent etc.

It was a very promising start, though. Clearly, there's a lot of interest in the product. I just don't want it to turn into another TNA, where it started strong with great talent but faded into nothingness as years went by as most of that talent returned to WWE.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon May 27, 2019 10:08 am

It won't be a genuine competition tbh, anyone who thinks so is deluding themselves imo.

WWE has way too much money, what it can be is a viable alternative for both fans who are tired of WWEs stale product and Wrestlers like Ambrose who've had enough being creatively stifled.

Which is all it really needs to be really, I'm personally excited about it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Mon May 27, 2019 10:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dwDqq17Onw

JR's commentary Proud Compare it to what Michael Cole would say "OH MY ITS THE LUNATIC FRINGE"

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon May 27, 2019 10:38 am

WWE don't even want to create stars these days, it's very obvious they consider the show the star these days and not the talent.

Hulk Hogan said something similar recently and i completely agree with him, right down to the commentary.

When was the last time the commentators were looking to put over stars like JR did there? When Mauro was Smackdown commentator maybe and before that lol?

Coincidentally with him as NXT commentator the talent feels way more special than main roster does.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Mon May 27, 2019 10:52 am

FFS he is doing NJPW too. As an Ambrose fan I am so happy right now.

Speaking of viable alternatives, NJPW has been a thing for years. By far the best wrestling company. Also NXT is going to have its 25th Takeover and somehow they have not a single bad one yet. Alternatives have existed for a while.

AEW being on TNT is huge. They are slightly bigger than USA Network where RAW airs but FOX, where Smackdown will air from October is bigger than both.

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon May 27, 2019 11:14 am

NXT isn't really the same thing because it's still a WWE production and NJPW still has all the issues because it's a Japanese promotion.

AEW if they continue their momentum is the first time a viable American alternative has existed since WCW.

I say this has somebody who watched early TNA more than WWE during 2004-2008.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Mon May 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Cody looks larger than life in AEW

Guy has transformed himself amazingly since leaving WWE
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Mon May 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Heel Cena would be interesting in AEW imo.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Tue May 28, 2019 2:26 am

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Tue May 28, 2019 4:23 am

What the fuck

Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue May 28, 2019 9:59 am

It gets worse tbh, their answer to everything is to put Baron fucking Corbin in the world title match.

I'm done with WWE until proven otherwise tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum