The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue May 28, 2019 9:59 am

It gets worse tbh, their answer to everything is to put Baron fucking Corbin in the world title match.

I'm done with WWE until proven otherwise tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by M99 on Tue May 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Boombox Brock is the greatest thing in wrestling right now rofl

#JUSTICE4The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Lulcas11The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 ZidaneThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 SmurffThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 GhelyonThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Hungry_boyThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue May 28, 2019 10:32 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 am

I was hella busy recently so his debut got spoiled and I just got around to watch it but wow, that Mox debut was something special. His mannerisms, JR's commentary, the crowd reaction and more made it one of the more iconic moments in recent wrestling history.

Not surprised by him joining NJPW either. In fact, that's kind of where I expected him to go based on his prior interviews. Either way, now he has the license to roam free and put in his own body of work that isn't stained by Vince's dumb ideas. And he's going to kill it. He's been the talk of the industry since Saturday and I'm sure it's gonna stay that way if he continues to step it up.

As for the PPV itself, I enjoyed it. There were some production errors which kind bothered me but I'm sure those will be ironed out over time. I'm not too big on tag-team wrestling so the only multi-man match I watched in full was the opener and the Joshi 6-man tag. I enjoyed the both of them.

Skipped on The Young Bucks's match because I really hate their wrestling style. Pentagon is cool and all, but I doubt I'll ever sit through a full YB match. Their spotfest style is too much.

I'm not too big on Hangman Page either. I get they want a homegrown star of sorts and they've probably decided he's that guy but I don't see anything special in him.

Cody looked like a total star wow. I was never much of a fan of his in the sense that I always viewed him as a midcarder, but he changed my mind. The entrance, the look, and the way the commentary hyped him up made him seem legit. Him and Dustin had a great match.

MJF was someone I had no clue about but he immediately made me a fan after his promo. He's hilarious and he knows how to get heat. A proper heel. He's definitely going to be a major player for them in the future.

The main event was fine. I'm a big fan of Jericho and Omega, so didn't really care much for who won. The post-match stuff with the Moxley run-in was superbly done. Omega and Mox is going to be AEW's first big-money feud, hopefully they don't disappoint.

The first show was a great start. Now it remains to be seen what they'll do until TV starts. I hope they can get Punk. They need another top main-eventer. Right now you have Omega, Mox, and Jericho. Add Punk to that list and that's a great main event scene you have. Those are your 1A players.

Then you have guys like Cody, Hangman, MJF, and PAC who can become their 1B players. I think they should also find a powerhouse to add to that list to add more variety to the main event scene. Someone like Walter would've been great but he's on NXT.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed May 29, 2019 11:02 am

We probably should forget the Punk stuff tbh lol, it's not happening he's done with Wrestling.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed May 29, 2019 11:07 am

Also Cascia i assume you've seen more of Page? I've never really seen him before so i don't really have an opinion of him.

ATM I'm not massively into them signing loads of EX WWE guys tbh, i want to see what these guys can do before i say what else their roster needs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Wed May 29, 2019 1:12 pm

YIKES, Ambrose went in hard on WWE creative and Vince.

https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jericho/the-emancipation-of-jon-moxley

#JUSTICE4The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Lulcas11The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 ZidaneThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 SmurffThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 GhelyonThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Hungry_boyThe Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 6 Lol-sign

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed May 29, 2019 3:01 pm

He basically said everything the fans have assumed for a long time, but he lived it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Wed May 29, 2019 9:30 pm

I've seen a few of his matches in NJPW last year and some of his segments in BTE. He never really stood out to me, always got meh vibes from him.

He's supposedly improved though. AEW have big hopes for him. He's young and has a cool look and cool name, although his look is kind of generic, but lacks personality. Maybe his character work will improve over time.

As for that Ambrose interview, it confirms everything anyone who wasn't a blind hater would have thought. It's all Vince's fault, and it always has been.

Writer and Vince come up with a terrible idea

Ambrose spends hours trying to make it slightly less terrible

Vince still goes ahead with it or makes minor changes which still make it a cringe segment

Essentially their problem was Vince thinks that lame prop comedy is so Ambrose, while Ambrose hates it. He also said he could handle it as a face since he could recover from it since the fans considered him lovable but as a heel you can't recover from getting shots on your ass.

Either way, he did a good job playing Vince and co. The best interview since Punk on Colt's podcast.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Wed May 29, 2019 9:32 pm

Some footnotes from the podcast I saw online:

He knew he wanted to leave the company in July 2018 when he was out with an injury

Refused to read a scripted promo because he believed it was idiotic/ridiculous whilst Vince believed it was great

Talks about the promos he read whilst feuding with Seth late last/early this year, and how they made no sense, tried to rewrite them and got frustrated when he couldn't

He talked about enjoying the Make-A-Wish stuff and how he became an adult in WWE

Says he thought him cutting the promo talking about Romans cancer was distasteful

Says he felt like walking out on the Raw where he got shots/vaccinated during a promo, and that was the day he 100% knew he was leaving and not coming back

Vince tried to talk him into saying another cancer remark about Roman, says it was so bad they could have lost sponsors, refused to say it (34 minutes into the podcast)

Says he was excited to return to wrestling when he was injured, but not excited to return to WWE

Says if there was no other promotion other than WWE, he still would have left

Vince "didn't know" he was unhappy, even with Jon/dean being open with his frustrations to Vince about scripts

Was happy to take bumps from Nia, but felt like it was them punishing him for leaving

They offered him a new contract, he didnt look at it

His goal in AEW is to be the best version of himself, looking forward to creative freedom

Says Tony Kahn is the exact opposite of Vince, likes him and the fact hes a huge wrestling fan

Talks about using social media now that hes out of WWE

He told Seth hes a wild animal thats been domesticated for too long when Seth was upset about him leaving (to clarify, he was referring to himself as the wild animal, not Seth) he explained it to Seth as it being the end of Harry and the Hendersons where Harry is set free

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Wed May 29, 2019 9:34 pm

Another good part was when he was like the reason his exit was so weird in terms of PR was because Vince wanted to control the narrative around it, but this time he couldn't.

He said Vince has the million dollar man complex. He thinks he can buy and own everyone. He then said that's why he pays Brock 10million a year to ruin his company just so he can say he owns Brock. Laughing

He should've taken a shot at Stone Cold too. Shame he didn't.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 pm

This has been so obvious to anyone paying attention to the product for a long time.

You only had to see the difference between NXT and main roster to know, but it's refreshing to see someone who lived it confirm what we all thought.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Wed May 29, 2019 9:44 pm

The funny part is this is someone who was probably their third biggest full-time star since 2014. He's a grand-slam champion and is part of one of the greatest factions ever. If he's talking about how the creative process made him physically depressed imagine what Sasha Banks was going through. Laughing

AEW is now another company who can pay the creatively stifled wrestlers similar amounts to what WWE would pay. It seems like the no-brainer to move there now once your contract runs out.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed May 29, 2019 9:49 pm

This only really confirms to me Sasha will do a Neville tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Wed May 29, 2019 9:53 pm

I wonder if that explains the EC3 burial. Mox was like Vince was enraged that he was getting more cheers than EC3 when EC3 debuted. The old man probably took it out on EC3 for not getting over. Laughing

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed May 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Not sure how they expected EC3 to get over.

He went weeks seeing no time on tv, had a couple of 30 second matches and zero mic time for a guy whose reputation is basically based on being a good promo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Wed May 29, 2019 10:06 pm

The interview showed you can't use logic when it comes to Vince.

He's an out-of-touch 70-year old man who thinks "pooper scooper" is GOOD STUFF or if someone sneezes they get fired. He's bizarre. Laughing

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 pm

Surprised this was a squash match.

Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:32 pm

The story behind Ambrose vs Lesnar Laughing

“By the time we got to WrestleMania, the angle wasn’t hot anymore. I got that match because we did a three-way thing for the #1 contender with me, Roman and Brock that actually turned out awesome. And there was a promo for it, and I kinda took it upon myself to be like, ‘I’m gonna get up in Brock’s face. What’s the worst that could happen?’ So I got all up in Brock’s face and I’m trying to portray to him that like, ‘Yeah, you might be the suplex machine guy, but I might stab you. I might stick a pencil in your eye. I bring a different dynamic as an opponent. You’re obviously physically a much different thing than me, but I might stab you’ kind of vibe. So I’m up in his face, whatever, and there’s electricity. The people are like ‘Whoo, this is interesting.’ I’m doing that all on my own. This isn’t scripted, right? But it got over, and there was electricity between us.

So now people want to see me and Brock, ’cause I was supposed to work with [Chris] Jericho and Bray [Wyatt] was supposed to work with Brock. They’d already started the angle. And then me and Brock did the thing. We did a three-way, we did some cool stuff, there was like a vibe between us. So now we’re gonna go with me and Brock. So I was like, I earned this match on my own merits. Me doing my thing, my way made it to where like people wanted to see this match. So now I’ve earned the match. So now I’m like, ‘Yeah!’ This is like, my dream opponent, dream scenario, Street Fight. I’m like, you can imagine how much effort and time and thought I put into this, right? This is my life. Like I’m saying, the match happened because of the vibe I put out. So now that they book it, they’re writing it. Now it becomes goofball city again. They’ve got me doing a thing with Terry Funk where — as great as it was to do something with Terry Funk, I’m chainsawing a table for some reason. Mick Foley’s giving me his barbed wire bat that I’m never gonna get to use. I’m like, ‘Why can’t we use it?’ They’re like, ‘Oh, blood.’ [sighs] I was also thinking in my head that they’re afraid to yell at Brock. So I’m like, ‘maybe we get a little hardway juice,’ you know what I mean? I’m thinking, ‘This is gonna be cool.’

And I’m thinking Brock is probably thinking on the same page as me, like, ‘We’re gonna tear it up!’ And I think he thought he was just doing me a favor, me being in the ring with him was enough to like do awesome things for me. I think that’s what he thought. He didn’t wanna be there, I mean he just put in the — and then the week leading up, I’m like — because this thing is a Street Fight. It’s not a match you can just call in the ring. It’s a Street Fight at WrestleMania, so we’ve gotta get stunts approved and set up, we’ve gotta get props for table bumps, or whatever we’re gonna do. I pitched all this stuff to everybody, all the producers and I feel like I’m just getting ignored. Because our match wasn’t important to any of the producers or writers, or Vince. They just gave me enough to give me the match, but they didn’t give me any help to make it a good angle or like, make it a hotter thing people want to see. And [I’m like] ‘Can we do this? Can we do this? Can we, all these different stunts and stuff.’ Like, I’m ready to die in the ring. I’m ready to take the worst — I’m not trying to put Brock through abuse. I’m trying to take the worst beating in the history of the world. I’m ready to be, if he kills me? Great, I’ll go down as a legend. I was ready to do ANYTHING. But in the weeks leading up, the angle was not good, Brock’s not even there half the time, we don’t do anything interesting.

The week before, in the go-home in Brooklyn, I carried a little red wagon to the ring and fill it with weapons. I go into Vince’s office. I’m mortified. Mortified! And I’m like, ‘Yo! I’m going to face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. I’m going to my death! This is so serious, and you’ve got me dragging a little red wagon. Make me understand.’ And he’s like ‘Oh, it’s uh, it’s dead serious to you. You used to drag that white weapon out there, you aren’t even going to look at him. You’re gonna drag the wagon out, put your weapons in. ‘I’ll see you at WrestleMania.” I was like, I couldn’t convince him otherwise and I’m like, ‘Okay. I tried to do it exactly the way he saw it, and I’m thinking — and we’re in Brooklyn. I’m gonna walk out with a little red wagon and they’re gonna laugh at me. And they’re gonna think I’m the guy that’s gonna beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania? I mean, it kind of got over in the building to a degree, like they kinda laughed, you know. Because if anyone can pull a little red wagon and make it cool, it’s me. I remember right after that segment, I said to Brock, ‘Dude. I get to Dallas tomorrow, I don’t know whenever you want to talk. Whatever you need, call me at midnight, I’ll come over.’ And he just goes, ‘It’s gonna be okay. It’s gonna be okay. Just don’t worry about anything. It’s gonna be fine.’ And it made me kind of feel like, ‘Okay, he’s got like a plan or something?’ So I’m like, ‘Okay, all right.’

So everybody normally has like, at WrestleMania you have like rehearsals. They have rings in the hotel, and so you don’t have to do it on the day of, you put together your match, try stuff out. Because everybody wants to steal the show at Mania, you put in maximum effort during the week. You have scheduled rehearsals. We had one scheduled rehearsal on like 11 PM Saturday night the day before the show at the stadium. Because he never even came to the hotel, he didn’t get in until late Saturday night. So I’m like, ‘Okay, whatever. That’s pretty late but whatever.’ But we end up not even doing that, because he’s like, ‘We don’t need to do that.’ We have one conference call. It’s like me, Michael Hayes, Jamie Noble, Brock and Paul Heyman. A conference call on Wednesday, ’cause he’s not in Dallas yet. So I’m just in Dallas waiting, and none of my ideas are approved yet, Brock hasn’t even heard any of my ideas, because he doesn’t care, hasn’t been around. I remember the night before the conference call, I wanted to run it by Jamie Noble, the producer. And so we meet up at like, in the hotel in some kind of a landing stairwell or whatever at night. And I’m like, ‘Dude, check it out.’ And I lay out my ideas, whatever they were. And I was really trying to get thumbtacks approved. And I had Vince, cause I asked him, ‘Can I have one thumbtack bump, please?’ And he said, ‘Maybe,’ with a smiley face. And I thought, ‘Yes, I’m gonna get it.’ So whatever it was at the end, I was ‘And finally … he f**king F5’s me into the f**king thumbtacks or whatever, and I’m on his back, choking him, and he f**king puts me in an F5 in the f**king thumbtacks, and then he doesn’t even bother covering me this time, he just puts me in the head-and-arm choke … he f**king chokes me out, my f**king arm’s up in the air and it’s starting to f**king fade. And then I flip the bird, and then it slowly fades, my arm drops and he chokes me to death after just putting me through the most f**king powerboming me and f**king thumbtacks and F5ing me through f**king every f**king thing.’ I don’t know if it was a good finish, whatever. Jamie hated it. I even had an idea where I was like, ‘What if for like the weeks leading up to it, I start ankle locking people. Like, heel hooking people like Frank Mir did to him. Like I’m studying all of his fights. And I was like ‘I live in Vegas, Frank Mir lives in Vegas. I’ll even go to Frank Mir’s gym where he’s teaching me the way of the heel hook.’ I had all these crazy ideas of cool stuff, but nobody wanted to put any effort into it except me. It was like I was invisible for that whole buildup and the weeks leading up to it, during the week.

So we have this conference call. Conference call comes, I lay it out. Nobody says anything, I’m like, ‘Okay, here are all my ideas’ I give like every idea I’ve had for the past three weeks that nobody wants to listen to. Brock’s probably not even listening, and he just goes, ‘I mean, I don’t think we need all that stuff. I mean, all that extra gimmicks and stuff. It’s just a simple story. I mean look, you go to Suplex City, you get your hands on a weapon and make a comeback.’ And I’m like, and here’s the thing I kept saying throughout the week. I kept going, ‘What are the weapons?’ And it was like ‘Well, you got a kendo and a chair. Can’t use any tables, because those are saved for other people.’ They’re more important than my match. Can’t you know, no stunts, no nothing, you know? So like, I’m just like, ‘Aw, f**k.’ So I keep hoping that like the day of, something’s going to happen that’s magic. Because we had magic in the three-way we had before and like the little promo we did. It was there. Now the angle’s kind of goofy but like, something good might happen. I even pitched that he just elbows the s**t out of me and does a doctor stoppage. The same thing he did with Randy at SummerSlam. That’ll be cool. And you can’t say there’ll be blood because they immediately stopped the match.

So day of the show, I get there at like 11 AM. He doesn’t show up until like three o’ clock. We haven’t talked about any of this match. 3 o’ clock. Show starts at 5, we’re like fourth. Start talking about stuff, he’s just walking away, talking to other people. He’s not really interested, doesn’t wanna be there. And this is the most important match of my life. I’m like, everybody at WrestleMania wants to show up and steal the show. There are people on the show that night that I know were literally rehearsing their match for a month at like the Performance Center. Because you should show up at WrestleMania to want to f**king steal the show. And I was like, ‘Dude, we have the opportunity, we have a Street Fight. We can do anything. I’ll take any bump you want! Literally I’m begging you to f**king choke me. Please, powerbomb me into thumbtacks a hundred times. ‘Oh, we don’t need all that.’ Like, he did not have the mentality of trying to steal the show at all. Did not give a s**t.

So we’re finally talking, we start talking about the match in earnest the first time while the second match is going on. And we’re fourth. And then we don’t have a finish! And I’m like, he doesn’t want me to kick out of multiple F5s, and at WrestleMania everybody kicks out of like five F5s. Because he only does Germans and F5s. And I’m throwing stuff out there at the last minute, stuff that’s coming to my head. I’m like, ‘What if you f**king like run head-first into a chair and you back up into me and I put you into a German or something?’ He’s like, ‘No.’ By the end I’m throwing out every f**king stupid idea, you know? So we put together a little f**king sequence of dumb f**king — we put together a finish of like, maybe I’ll grab the barbed wire and duck it, and throw me into a pile of chairs, which was not even that good. That’s a brawl, that’s not WrestleMania. And I built it up in media like, ‘Yo, this is gonna be nuts.’ I was banging my head against the wall screaming at everybody for weeks it felt like, and it felt like I was invisible. Main reason was, I wasn’t the most important match on the show. I was basically non-important at all. As long as Brock’s on the show, Brock’s good. Other matches were more important, whatever match was on the show that night. I was just, they didn’t give a s**t.”

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:22 am

wtf
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:21 am

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:56 pm

Need a Bray and Lesnar dance off imo.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:18 pm

How is this even possible

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by silver on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:27 am

Lol you should watch Ricochet vs Will Ospreay.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am

@silver wrote:Lol you should watch Ricochet vs Will Ospreay.

I do watch NJPW. By far best wrestling company in the world.

Watched Battle Of Super Juniors because of insane hype about it online. My god did it deliver. NJPW's ability to replace stars is unparalleled. I thought Bullet Club was done after The Elite left but El Phantasmo, Robbie Eagles and Ishimori are all fantastic. Jay White has really improved and solidified himself as a main eventer too.

M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:46 am

Last 5 mins of Goldberg-Taker was pretty sad to see.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next