Perucho21
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Perucho21 Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Looks like we missed out on Ndombele. Likely going to spurs now.

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Que sorpresa! We’re going to end up with a midfield of Modric - Casemiro - Kroos with Fede as only backup!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:18 pm

We still might get Pogba, which may make Sports and Nick happy, but will frustrate me to no end unless Zidane magically turns him into the player Sports thinks he is.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:46 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Que sorpresa! We’re going to end up with a midfield of Modric - Casemiro - Kroos with Fede as only backup!!!!!

Not going to happen.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Looks like we missed out on Ndombele. Likely going to spurs now.

Deal isn't done yet.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:38 am

Marca reporting Real Madrid are interested in Donny Van de Beek cheers
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 am

@kick di Marzio reporting that the deal all but complete 62m plus bonuses.

As for van de Beek... not the move we need. Wouldn’t be a good move for him. Nothing about this really makes sense.

Really is a bummer we are missing out on Ndom. If we don’t get Pogba, we are screwed. ZZ has basically already gone on record saying he doesn’t want Eriksen, so what’s the backup?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:27 am

vanDEEZ wrote:@kick di Marzio reporting that the deal all but complete 62m plus bonuses.

As for van de Beek... not the move we need. Wouldn’t be a good move for him. Nothing about this really makes sense.

Really is a bummer we are missing out on Ndom. If we don’t get Pogba, we are screwed. ZZ has basically already gone on record saying he doesn’t want Eriksen, so what’s the backup?

Di Marzio jumps to conclusions too quickly. Reports in England suggest talks are still ongoing.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:07 pm

Who keeps throwing these names out to the press? Van de Beek? He is not a player you sign thinking he is a plus to your midfield. Good complimentary signing but I can easily bet that he is not on Zidane's shortlist lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Van de Beek has been linked to Madrid since Ajax destroyed last season.

I like the player. He will add much needed quality and attacking impetus to the midfield.

Who knows what did Zidane wants
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:04 pm

It’s pretty clear ZZ wants Pogba

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:52 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:It’s pretty clear ZZ and Nick and Sports wants Pogba
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:37 pm

I respect Van de Beek a lot but he doesn't improve our midfield by even 1% there is no chance is interested in him. Just another name the scouts of the club are managing imo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Don't like siding with Nick as it's against my religion but Van de Beek really doesn't add much to what we already have. Of course, if he does show up with the ZZ stamp of approval, it's all good. But do take into consideration that Madrid, after getting 3 big signings in quickly, is back in quiet mode and AS and Marca are feeding on scraps at moment.

Expect plenty more of these type of rumours.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:32 am

I can think of a couple of people who have Zidane's seal of approval hmm

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 797932c3c18c9f2ccb3baae97d69f430
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:37 am

Thankfully, only Benzema would be getting any real game time. The rest would be enjoying being paid with the last name "Zidane" and whatever winners' medal they get. Oh and Sports to randomly big them up because they share the same Nationality and last name being "Zidane".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:00 am

agreeing with me is the only way hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:37 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:agreeing with me is the only way hmm

Well, the last player you were enthused about was Thibaut Courtois, and the current one is Paul Pogba. There's nothing wrong with liking a particular player, but you don't seem to mind red flags. I think I'll reserve my opinion to disagree with you, and I will definitely remind you about who you've been hyping up, once we sign Pogba and he inevitably frustrates with his many 1-4/10 performances and ghost impersonations in big matches, not to mention his team moral crushing, negative body language and blatant lack of effort when things don't go his way or he simply blames everyone but himself despite being the most ineffective player on the pitch.

If Pogba does come, I think he deserves a chance to show what he's capable of. It's not as if we have any choice. My frustration with him is exactly because I think his sustained performance level has been largely a consistent disappointment since he moved away from Juve, but everyone deserves a clean slate. For me, his world cup achievement doesn't compensate for those underwhelming 3 years, nor does his short spurts of motivated performances over those 3 seasons. He has a lot to prove.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:41 am

the thing is, i have not been hyping up Pogba lol, i just said i am ok with signing pogba, and i would rather it be done now, i dont like transfer sagas
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:58 am

He did hype up Marvin Martin and Conetois so it is pretty clear Nick has a thing for numpties. Would never trust him but now and then, I would agree with him.

Re: Pogba
Thimmy, I honestly get it, we both probably watched the same amount of Utd games while he was there. But unlike Neymar who won't be changing, I honestly believe Paul at Madrid would be fine. He'll be in an environment that actually is tailor made for a player like him and out of all the numpties Nick has ever talked up, Paul doesn't belong there as he isn't a numpty. The man is a wonderful midfielder who simply chose the wrong fucking club after Jjuve. It doesn't excuse his performances at all but it was a bad fit from the start. Utd is just in a mess of their own doing tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Lots of rumors surrounding van de Beek coming to Madrid. I would advise the young man to pick another destination because Madrid is the worst place for a rising talent to develop.

The deal would be terrible for both parties because he won't be getting enough time to develop and hone his skills and Madrid are in dire need of established players right now.

Pick another destination and don't waste your talent warming the bench.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:42 pm

Doc wrote:

Re: Pogba
Thimmy, I honestly get it, we both probably watched the same amount of Utd games while he was there. But unlike Neymar who won't be changing, I honestly believe Paul at Madrid would be fine. He'll be in an environment that actually is tailor made for a player like him and out of all the numpties Nick has ever talked up, Paul doesn't belong there as he isn't a numpty. The man is a wonderful midfielder who simply chose the wrong fucking club after Jjuve. It doesn't excuse his performances at all but it was a bad fit from the start. Utd is just in a mess of their own doing tbh.

I’ve watched almost all of his matches for Man United. I watch United pretty much every week, unless I have other priorities. Although, I don’t particularly care about United, my closest friends are massive fans of the club. Numpty may not be the right word to describe him. I don’t think his working conditions have always been awful at United, and the common suggestion that he needs a top class playmaker and DM behind him to perform to his potential, only makes him more off-putting, in my opinion. No matter how I look at him, he just seems like a really expensive gamble who, despite having exciting talent, doesn’t deliver often enough to warrant the risk at all. And talent aside, his egocentric attitude reminds me of the divas at bottle masters, PSG.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:53 pm

In all fairness, you'll find only a few players can perform at a very high level consistently regardless of their personnel so for Paul to need a certain class of footballer around him to shine isn't really surprising. That's "normal" with most footballers really and Madrid has that. But you're right, his conditions weren't totally shit and it shouldn't excuse his performances which was really below par.

But like Nick with Neymar, a guy like Paul you could take a gamble on. And very much unlike Neymar, high chance it pays off nicely. Yes, Neymar would be a fking pest here, him and his money loving old man.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Summer Score Card

Signings:

Rodrygo. X
Militao.    X
Hazard.   X
Jovic.      X
Mendy.    X
Midfielder.     Doubtful, in progress

Exits - probably and possibly:

Llorente.  X
Kovacic.   x
Theo
James
Mayoral
De Tomas
Odegaard
Ceballos
Reguilion
Vallejo
Nacho
Navas
Isco
Bale
Lucas
Mariano

I thought there were more exits already!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Doc wrote:In all fairness, you'll find only a few players can perform at a very high level consistently regardless of their personnel so for Paul to need a certain class of footballer around him to shine isn't really surprising. That's "normal" with most footballers really and Madrid has that. But you're right, his conditions weren't totally shit and it shouldn't excuse his performances which was really below par.

But like Nick with Neymar, a guy like Paul you could take a gamble on. And very much unlike Neymar, high chance it pays off nicely. Yes, Neymar would be a fking pest here, him and his money loving old man.

It's really not about performing on a high level consistently, in Pogba's case. It's about performing to an acceptable level, outside of his rare, great performances.  Preferably, without relying on the largely inflated stats that Sports referenced earlier, to cover up otherwise lacking contributions. Neymar has attitude issues, as well, but I have absolutely no reason to question his sustained performance output. He's a big game performer with a reliable track record in the league, and more importantly - an efficiency level that passes the eye test. He's elite, no matter how you look at it. Off the top of my head, Pogba truly impressed me against Man City in the cup and Arsenal in the league. I also think he was quite good in the first leg against PSG this year, despite getting himself sent off. Feel free to jog my memory if I'm missing something. All I remember from his match against us for Juventus, is that I started looking for him in the second half, just to confirm that he was actually playing.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:31 pm

I don't really want to get into the whole Pogba debate, but its a bit harsh on him to be so hyperbolic about his "inconsistency." The entire Man U team was incredibly inconsistent and poor for the majority of the season apart from the early Solskjaer run. Just like I don't want to judge most individuals in the RM team too harshly, the same can be said about United. Just like us, they need to make a TON of changes, but I would seriously doubt that his performances would stay the same or drop if he didn't have better personnel around him.

And I know this isn't likely, but just imagine a midfield of:

Pogba - Ndom
Casemiro

In the context of a Zidane team. I mean that is just pure sexy balanced functionalism.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next