Perucho21
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:52 pm

Clutch wrote:What I do know is that culture and the people who surround you heavily influence players. Man United have no elite players nor a winning culture at the moment. Pogba is not a Maradona where he can make nothing out of something and tbh no one can really do that. I think the culture here and the players we have will elevate pogba play and we'll see the French or juve pogba more than United pogba. Pogba is not going to beast every game but what we need from him is to be at his best in champions league and against the top teams in la Liga.

Well, I've seen the France-like Pogba on occasion, but that version of him is extremely rare at club level, and only seems to last 2-4 matches a season. The problem with him is that, like Bale, he has a lot of matches where he's absolutely woeful, but gets away with it to some extent, because he gets the last touch before a shot by Rashford or Lukaku, or a penalty to make him the "match winner". His outright poor performances are absolute cancer. If he's not feeling up for it, he'll make sure the entire team knows, and that's the most unlikeable part about him. I can only assume how much it affects his team mates, but it really looks like he drags them down with him when he's like that. On his day, he's a steam engine. A player that any team would benefit from having.

On his much more frequent off days, he's just a waste of talent, and sometimes even a de-motivator. One thing that sets him apart from other, high-profile players is how much of a gap there is between the usual standard of his good games and his poor games, and that's likely because he seems to be so driven by happiness, or motivation, or whatever you want to call it. For a Galacticos- type, big money signing, I think certain expectations in regard to impact in big games is in order, and in that regard, he has never impressed me outside of his national team. Eden Hazard has received similar criticism for not performing in the big games, but I have much less knowledge of how he's been performing for Chelsea. At least, Chelsea fans seem far more confident in backing him up, in regard to how much of a reliable performer he is.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:02 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:World Cup is not hype when you win it and you are one of the competition best midfielders. He will do fine in madrid.

The James situation by the way is even funnier when you remember we don't have enough extra communitaries spots lol, there is no way he stays

loooool you're joking. So it's not posturing, it's grandstanding then.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:05 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:World Cup is not hype when you win it and you are one of the competition best midfielders. He will do fine in madrid.

The James situation by the way is even funnier when you remember we don't have enough extra communitaries spots lol, there is no way he stays

What do you mean with that spot?

He got his Spanish passport this year, so is there a different kind of regulation regarding that stuff?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:15 am

How did he get a Spanish passport living in Germany? hmm maybe I missed something lol

The three extra comm spots in the squad right now are Casemiro, Militao and Valverde. Vinicius was registered with Castilla last year and we were planning to register Rodrygo with Castilla, and Kubo with Juvenil for next year

Valverde and Casemiro were supposed to have their nationality sorted, but James? Don't remember him becoming a Spanish citizen he lived like 2 years in Madrid and then moved to Germany... scratch

Edit: found the news https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/04/08/5cabb25d268e3e13078b45fd.html forget what I said then loooool
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:52 am

Sporting director needed. Zidane cannot control the transfers

This side looks ridiculous

Too many players over the hill

Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Benzema all need to go.

Isco serves no purpose in this system

It's obvious and ridiculous
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:57 am

This is preseason chill out lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:41 am

When your team is losing 7-1, even in a friendly, there is no such thing as chill out. Whatever criticism is sent towards Zizou for this match is totally justified regardless of how vitriolic is may be.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:55 am

This article in Marca pretty well sums up how bad Zidane and team is!

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/07/27/5d3bc477268e3e746c8b459e.html

But to Nick - don’t worry, chill out it’s only pre season!

And to Sports - don’t worry, Pogba is coming and he will fix everything?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Terrific article by Miguel Ángel García for Marca:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2019/07/27/5d3c2975ca474162218b4621.html

Overall situation:

Problems of the current team:

Florentino's reluctance and Zidane's bad decision making:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Marca is a sensationalist POS publication tbf tho. You seem to be too far down one extreme Demon.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:36 pm

Not really. Marca has always supported Florentino in pretty much everything. So you can imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this article.

Definitely a breath of fresh air.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:47 pm

i don't see anything wrong with the article to be honest. don't think demon's opinion is extreme either. there was something said by predrag mijatovic after we signed hazard, that i chose not to bring up, so as not to poop on everyone's excitement at the time.

on the flip side, the only criticism that i can levy at the article is, maybe it could have been written when the season starts. i agree with the bulk of it, and yes one can't sugar coat eating 7 goals, but the summer isn't over yet, so who knows what can happen

i always welcome 'keep it real' articles, over sugar coat type articles that marca can tend to do at times, ala when madrid beats a pathetic side like mallorca even though the league's been lost and marca shoot off their "real madrid is back" headlines in bold letters. but yeah we should really wait and see how the summer plays out. maybe atleti loss will allow for some constructive developments
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:59 pm

They sensationalize however they see fit, and don't have respectable nuance imo. We've played Mendy and Militao has not been available yet, nor have Casemiro or Valverde been available. We've only played 3 pre-season games so far with relevant circumstances to consider. Club wants to go the Vinicius, Rodrygo, Asensio route at the right, and although it can be reasoned that that is not the ideal route, oh well, there's still some reasoning to it.

I personally would have made more changes than what's been done but i don't feel club is being negligent per say.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:21 pm

the article recognized casemiro isn't available yet. bar casemiro, the rest of the non available guys are back ups, like its not like we are saying starters aren't available. not to mention, even in a friendly after taking in 7, even the staunchest madrid fans in the media can't act like nothing happened. look at it from a standpoint of reputation. we take 7 with most of the main squad playing, and no media outlet discusses it. where's the accountability?

i do get that its early, but i still see nothing wrong in the piece. it seems more like constructive criticism than a volatile attack, at least to me
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:00 pm

While it is a friendly and normally too much stock shouldnt be taken, it was a friendly against a fierce rival. And Madrid shipped 7. TBH I expected Madrid to make more of a splash in the market. The only starter signed has been Hazard. Doubt that's going to be enough. Pogba would be a serious upgrade and for obvious reasons I hope that doesnt happen.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:01 am

We played a double pivot of Kroos-Modric (lol)
The right side of our defense was Odriozola (first game this preseason) and Nacho (who has been a complete calamity)
Not to mention Vinicius who's a kid and isn't comfortable on the right.

I don't take a single lesson from this one way or the other... except we can't play a double-pivot of Kroos-Modric (and we won't) + Nacho is a complete shit as a CB.

Once we sign the CM we all know that we'll sign, play our regular Varane, have Casemiro back and Hazard gets his ass into shape, we're more than fine.

Calm down lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:36 am

Yea with all of that we probably at least lose 3-1/ 2-0 guys. Calma

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:51 am

Chill Out, It's only Pre-Season.
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:21 pm

Yeah chill out! Ignore the facts. Getting Pogba will solve all our problems! And the new ‘main man’ Casemiro will solve all defensive issues.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:30 pm

Btw, if this season is another bust, it’s on Zidane not Flo. He had his chance to revamp the team and he has been fixed on only one stater signing and getting rid of only one starter plus probably rotating some midfielder. The Hazard signing as well as most of the new arrivals, all backups, were arranged by Flo.

Zidane’s problem is he is counting on almost all of last year’s terrible squad rebounding!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Zidane's problem is that he's a godawful shit coach

His problem doesn't really matter though as on the plus side it's more than made up by his irresistible track record of unrivaled sheer dumb luck and good fortune
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:52 pm

The same Casemiro that struggles against any team that presses him. Alright. They better sign that magical CM that is gonna rectify our midfield problem quick though I wonder whom that maybe hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:44 pm

Doc wrote:The same Casemiro that struggles against any team that presses him. Alright. They better sign that magical CM that is gonna rectify our midfield problem quick though I wonder whom that maybe hmm

No.  The same Casemiro that allows us to play a 433 or 442 as opposed to a 4231 with a double pivot of Kroos-Modric. And also gives us enough CM cover that we're not forced to play Rodrygo as a CM in the 2nd half v Bayern.

Are you guys intentionally closing your eyes?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:30 pm

No, I had my eyes wide opened and saw one of our toughest rivals put up 5 goals to zip by half time!!

It’s only pre season, but also same for them plus they have lots of changes in their lineup. Plus even worse is they have several of our rejects! hermoso llórente and Morata!

I say you hanging out hope on Casemiro and a midfielder who we may not get, maybe it’s you that has his eyes closed!

Pérez apparently has pulled out of the deal to send Bale to China, so that could effectively kill the Pogba deal. In effect Zidane gets the Ronaldo replacement in Hazard and a somewhat improved bench! That isn’t anywhere close to what Zidane said when he came back!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Again, apparently I cannot be the only one to remember how poor Casemiro was. Did he magically become excellent again and I'm unaware of such things? Please inform me of such developments.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:45 pm

This Pogba is the saviour narrative is pretty hilarious

But, hopefully it goes well if he comes

The other thing is, besides the starting eleven, the bench looks so poor.

Players like nacho and vazquez. Odriozola. The quality isn't there
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next