2019 Women's World Cup

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

2019 Women's World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2019 Women's World Cup

Post by CBarca on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:42 pm

@Nishankly wrote:Equal pay thoughts?

For one, the issue is more nuanced than "equal play equal pay" would habe you believe (as most one line chants would).

For two, entertainment is a business and it's one where your value depends on how many people are willing to watch your product. If the numbers indicate that women bring in more revenue (and other similar forms of monies) for USSF than the men, they should be paid more. If they bring in less, it should be less. I don't think they should be paid equally just because. Otherwise WNBA players should be making same as NBA no?

However I wholeheartedly intend to support women's soccer in the US and given ways to watch it that aren't completely inconvenient, would certainly do so on occasion. There is certainly a gap in development that needs addressing, despite my belief that their pay should be commensurate with monies coming in.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:26 pm

is anyone else getting bored with Rapinoe now. its about time she shut the fuck up and went back in the kitchen tbh. :coffee:

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:28 pm

@CBarca wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:Equal pay thoughts?

For one, the issue is more nuanced than "equal play equal pay" would habe you believe (as most one line chants would).

For two, entertainment is a business and it's one where your value depends on how many people are willing to watch your product. If the numbers indicate that women bring in more revenue (and other similar forms of monies) for USSF than the men, they should be paid more. If they bring in less, it should be less. I don't think they should be paid equally just because. Otherwise WNBA players should be making same as NBA no?

However I wholeheartedly intend to support women's soccer nascar in the US and given ways to watch it that aren't completely inconvenient, would certainly do so on occasion. There is certainly a gap in development that needs addressing, despite my belief that their pay should be commensurate with monies coming in.
cheers

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 am

@Unique wrote:is anyone else getting bored with Rapinoe now. its about time she shut the fuck up and went back in the kitchen tbh. :coffee:

is anyone else getting bored with back in the kitchen jokes now. its about time back in the kitchen jokes shut the fuck up and went back in the kitchen tbh. :coffee:

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:26 am

@Kick wrote:
@Unique wrote:is anyone else getting bored with Rapinoe now. its about time she shut the fuck up and went back in the kitchen tbh. :coffee:

is anyone else getting bored with back in the kitchen jokes now. its about time back in the kitchen jokes shut the fuck up and went back in the kitchen tbh. :coffee:
nope. Laughing

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13