The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:39 pm

Wild trade considering how Morey has been a Westbrook hater for years

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Winter is Coming on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:11 pm

@Vibe wrote:Picks are overrated tbh.

All you need is cap space and a sunny town.

People finally realizing this and giving away shitloads of picks. Even if you draft a superstar, by the time he actually becomes one, guess what, he wants a trade to play with his buddies elsewhere.

Building a future takes years and guarantees no success, while now you can just sign 2 star free agents and you're set up immediately.

It ain't pretty but it is what it is.

That's only if they win a championship or otherwise it wasn't a smart move at all.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Going to miss Chris Paul Sad but his injuries hurt the Rockets too much. Makes 2018 so much worse.

Don’t think it’s a significant upgrade but at least we got a bit younger and healthier.

I have to wonder what happens with CP3, do the Lakers or another contender trade for him or is he stuck in Oklahoma? Feel bad that he has to spend his last playing years with a rebuilding team.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:21 pm

We can’t trade for him. I’m so happy. Worst contract in the league

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:20 pm

CP3 might move to Heats to join Butler.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:29 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:Harden is such a bitch. If he couldnt handle CP3, then no way he handles Westbrick again.

The door is officially closed on Houston. CP3 running that offense was the best thing they had going.

Agreed. CP3 might not be the easiest personality to deal with as he has a history of spats in the league. But with the Harden v CP3 spat, granted we don't know all of what it was about, but if it was about approaches of style and which is the best way to win, I side with CP3.

They really had a good team, and they most likely should have beaten us this year and gone all the way to win it all. But CP3 never really had the freedom in that offence to get the best out of that whole team.

An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 pm

@Winter is Coming wrote:

People finally realizing this and giving away shitloads of picks. Even if you draft a superstar, by the time he actually becomes one, guess what, he wants a trade to play with his buddies elsewhere.

Building a future takes years and guarantees no success, while now you can just sign 2 star free agents and you're set up immediately.

That's only if they win a championship or otherwise it wasn't a smart move at all.

Not to mention that mindset only works for a handful of teams and generally a bad way of operating a franchise.

Usually picks are overrated but stockpiling assets while remaining competitive is the best way to rebuild in most markets unless you get extremely lucky.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:54 pm

As for Harden/Westbrook.

rofl playing two guards who don't move without the ball in 2019 lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:01 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:

Not to mention that mindset only works for a handful of teams and generally a bad way of operating a franchise.

Usually picks are overrated but stockpiling assets while remaining competitive is the best way to rebuild in most markets unless you get extremely lucky.

You guys are living 5 years ago. Obviously the NBA has evolved in a way unseen before, this is it now.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 pm

No it isn't..

We have one example and that example was because Clippers were desperate and were basically giving up assets for Kawhi and PG because they were scared Lakers would take Kawhi otherwise..

Besides they only got in that position because they developed players and were run how a franchise should be.

You're completely overreacting.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:02 am

@El Gunner wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:Harden is such a bitch. If he couldnt handle CP3, then no way he handles Westbrick again.

The door is officially closed on Houston. CP3 running that offense was the best thing they had going.

Agreed. CP3 might not be the easiest personality to deal with as he has a history of spats in the league. But with the Harden v CP3 spat, granted we don't know all of what it was about, but if it was about approaches of style and which is the best way to win, I side with CP3.

They really had a good team, and they most likely should have beaten us this year and gone all the way to win it all. But CP3 never really had the freedom in that offence to get the best out of that whole team.

What?

If they didn't go 0-27 from three for a stretch hey would have won using that style that Harden and the Rockets are known for. They didn't lose because of their style. They lost in spite of it.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:05 am

Both the Lakers and clippers either had to gain assets/picks through trades or being shit to get where they are.

Regardless of the path, it's clear what the currency is to gain a superstar. You need picks and assets. So I disagree with the "picks are overrated" bit. Especially when you look at how good the Sixers are despite a couple bad misses on top or near top picks (Jah, Fultz)

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:03 am

The Paul/Westbrook trade is such a desperate move from all sides. I don't see why Harden & Westbrook - two ball-dominant guards - would work well together, it feels like a sideways move for the Rockets. And OKC have to take on Paul's bad contract and get an old player who probably won't be very motivated in a team that's just blowing themselves up. Although I'm seeing the news that OKC are working to move Paul straight forward, but who would want him? Paul's contract is such a burden that I don't think it's worth for the Heat or anyone to gamble on him having still a good year or two left.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:04 am

Westbrook and Harden is a proven backcourt

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:08 am

Proven backcourt from eight years ago, okay. I'm saying it won't be any better for Houston than Harden and Paul, if you disagree, fine.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:26 am

@Freeza wrote:Westbrook and Harden is a proven backcourt

Elaborate?

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:27 am

@CBarca wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Westbrook and Harden is a proven backcourt

Elaborate?

7 years ago they were the best backcourt in the league, while playing the exact same way they do today.

Also, they're incredibly good friends. It's a better fit than a washed up CP3 ever was lol.

Still can't believe they didn't keep them all together. Wild stuff.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:51 am

"while playing the exact same way they do today", lol, both Harden and Westbrook have been playing MVP-chasing, hero basketball the last few years and now they both have to stop that to get any synergy going. Hats off to them if they make it work, but I doubt it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:57 am

Lol, they played hero basket in OKC too, they just took turns. Only thing that changed for Harden was the usage rate. Westbrook on the other hand is the exact same player he was 2012.

Scott Brooks's inability to set up any offence cost them. Probably the most talented team I've ever seen and it was sunk by idiotic coaching hires.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:05 am

His number one priority in 2012 wasn't chasing triple-double averages, like it's been for a while now. If he can just like that move away from that mindset, fair enough, we'll see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:05 am

He's beautiful Proud

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 8 D_ZLIYGUEAAG5fg

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:58 pm

I know it's Summer League and all that but i can't help but excited by these two.

Even if there's growing pains, i think the usual growing pains with Hayes that most rookie big men will happen. ( lack of weight, foul trouble etc )

But thee raw potential is exciting.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:22 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I know it's Summer League and all that but i can't help but excited by these two.

Even if there's growing pains, i think the usual growing pains with Hayes that most rookie big men will happen. ( lack of weight, foul trouble etc )

But thee raw potential is exciting.

Exciting times ahead, will they slide into oblivion or fulfill that potential and request a trade to the Lakers? Stay tuned.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 am

Laughing imagine being that jaded and bitter at life.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 am

Life's never been better :coffee:

Unlike the Pelicans, sike
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Freeza gonna like this

Ice Cube on Kawhi joining the Clippers, "Kawhi was a winner and now he wants to be a loser."

Laughing

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next