Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

WHICH TWO TEAMS WILL PROGRESS ?

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 2

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Arquitecto on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:02 pm

@rincon wrote:Carlo is the CL GOAT. His Napoli play much more interestingly in big matches than Sarri's ever did. Been saying this from the start of last season. The 4-4-2 he plays is great, really balanced in all phases. They miss the quality to take them a final step, with a couple of top players they would be huge.

Still expect Liverpool to beat them in england and win the group. Can't say that Liverpool played poorly tonight, it was a great match.


Last year for Carlo's team was rather unlucky rather, even if a deserved knock-out for not being ruthless enough to progress but definitely a more tactically advanced team than Sarri's and I see their ceiling in Europe higher with Carlo who has made some interesting set-ups this season with them.

The quality in the final third and lack of ruthlessness remains similar to last year though.

Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 9120
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:50 am

@Nishankly wrote:Great and relieving to see Klopp playing a full team. Napoli are up for this, its a match of evens right now.


Tbh honest, you have no other team.

How the hell are you planning to get through a whole season in all competitions with 3 workable attackers?
It's Firmino, Mané, Salah, that's it. Are they going to play every game?
Origi will replace one of them occasionally, but then already the drop in quality is huge.

Puzzling stuff in terms of squad building tbh, not buying a single player to enforce this attack and letting a couple of attackers leave even.

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28101
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by CBarca on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:19 am

Mane, salah, firmino never get hurt so it's not really a problem. It's incredible really, but it's been working for them

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17823
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Perucho21 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:48 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:Great and relieving to see Klopp playing a full team. Napoli are up for this, its a match of evens right now.


Tbh honest, you have no other team.

How the hell are you planning to get through a whole season in all competitions with 3 workable attackers?
It's Firmino, Mané, Salah, that's it. Are they going to play every game?
Origi will replace one of them occasionally, but then already the drop in quality is huge.

Puzzling stuff in terms of squad building tbh, not buying a single player to enforce this attack and letting a couple of attackers leave even.


Unreal disrespect to Big C*ck Divock tbh

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Fb_img10
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 1265
Join date : 2015-03-23

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Arquitecto on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:57 am

Crucial flash-goals aside I never rated Origi and never will nor will he ever be prolific even if we are eternally thankfully for his comeback goals last year. Those goals and that late Everton goal I suppose, are all he has ever really done for us and would not blink if he was shipped out.

Problem is not the loss of individual quality that one injury would present but the loss of them as one cohesive unit who compliment one another so well, as one engine.

But each game given what Klopp demands of them is such a physical responsibility the signs of fatigue and drop in performance will come as they did last year.

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 504px-Zazpiak_Bat.svg
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 9120
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 am

I found the first pen to be pretty soft, but the 2nd goal was Sunday league defending. VVD lost some status today, he was made to look a fool by Llorente of all people.

I'm sure Liverpool will still comfortably finish top of the group though.

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 24354
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Helmer on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:29 am

great losss :bow:
great learning curve :bow:
good that this loss came at Naples cheers
this will help massively throughout the season Proud
players will realise that they have to work even harder this season if they want to win any dicka micka cup

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8790
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Helmer on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:34 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:Great and relieving to see Klopp playing a full team. Napoli are up for this, its a match of evens right now.


Tbh honest, you have no other team.

It seriously gets on my nerves when people compare Liverpool's spending with other teams like City. We have been incredibly lucky with the likes of Salah, Mane and VanDjik otherwise imo and all these buys were huge risk when the deal happened. Luckily these players turned out to be good as they look today and Klopp could make them play even better.

But I doubt we will ever change this approach. So this is what we have got and it wont change any soon.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8790
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by BusterLfc on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 am

@Arquitecto wrote:
@rincon wrote:Carlo is the CL GOAT. His Napoli play much more interestingly in big matches than Sarri's ever did. Been saying this from the start of last season. The 4-4-2 he plays is great, really balanced in all phases. They miss the quality to take them a final step, with a couple of top players they would be huge.

Still expect Liverpool to beat them in england and win the group. Can't say that Liverpool played poorly tonight, it was a great match.


Last year for Carlo's team was rather unlucky rather, even if a deserved knock-out for not being ruthless enough to progress but definitely a more tactically advanced team than Sarri's and I see their ceiling in Europe higher with Carlo who has made some interesting set-ups this season with them.

The quality in the final third and lack of ruthlessness remains similar to last year though.

I agree, I even think they were the best team in our group last year, they played the best football and outplayed both Liverpool and PSG in some matches, but in the crucial moments, they fucked up.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2390
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Unique on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 pm

the napoli pen was funny though. stevie wonder could see that was a dive ffs. but still we turn up and play these mugs and treat them like they are peps barca team. we should be turning these fools over.

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15890
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 pm

@Unique wrote:the napoli pen was funny though. stevie wonder could see that was a dive ffs. but still we turn up and play these mugs and treat them like they are peps barca team. we should be turning these fools over.


Klopp out IMO

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28101
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Thimmy on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:21 pm

I had my doubts about Haaland when the local media kept praising him for his goalscoring proficiency as a 17-year-old at Molde, and later Salzburg. But man, he scores a shit ton of goals. He even scored a comical 9 goals in the controversial friendly against Honduras His ability to hold off and barge through defenders is something else. Can't fault his finishing ability, either. Not a bad player, at all.

inb4 omg you reek of bias hes just a farmer

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9178
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by McLewis on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:28 pm

I think it's nuts how people are going in on Virgil because of 1 mistake. Dude is still an elite CB. He's still the top CB in the game right now. 1 mistake doesn't change that.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by elfmeter on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:59 pm

@Thimmy wrote:I had my doubts about Haaland when the local media kept praising him for his goalscoring proficiency as a 17-year-old at Molde, and later Salzburg. But man, he scores a shit ton of goals. He even scored a comical 9 goals in the controversial friendly against Honduras  His ability to hold off and barge through defenders is something else. Can't fault his finishing ability, either. Not a bad player, at all.

inb4 omg you reek of bias hes just a farmer


I am not totally sure how the Red Bull FC machine works, but I think it is a kind of pyramid scheme with Leipzig on the top and the rest feeding them?  So, I guess it means that Haaland will be joining Red Bull Leipzig in January or maybe earlier if they can somehow convince UEFA that they are all part of the same club.  

I assume if Red Bull New York, Ghana or Brazil have a new starlet, they can come up at anytime.  I also assume the American coaching Casino Red Bull Vodka mixer Salzburg was at Red Bull New York. I get the feeling he drinks a lot of Red Bull and Vodka.

What I dont get is if Red Bull is an Austrian company, why isnt Salzburg the main team?
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1193
Join date : 2016-07-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Glory on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:41 pm

@McLewis wrote:I think it's nuts how people are going in on Virgil because of 1 mistake. Dude is still an elite CB. He's still the top CB in the game right now. 1 mistake doesn't change that.



Proof of his quality if morons are hell bent on dissing him after one rare mistake. Remind me of ddg's criticisms when he was the best gk a couple of years ago.
Glory
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 5843
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by McLewis on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:50 pm

DDG is a top 5 keeper for me. I feel very comfortable putting him there.

Even the best keepers will be made to look ordinary when the backline in front of them and the midfield in front of that backline don't do their jobs. That's what DDG has suffers from at United and, unsurprisingly, it's impacted his form. That shouldn't be shocking to anyone.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Helmer on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:13 pm

With our away performances form in Europe, we have no right to finish first in the group. But luckily Napoli will also drop points against rest two Laughing
Will be again interesting this year !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8790
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:01 pm

@elfmeter wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:I had my doubts about Haaland when the local media kept praising him for his goalscoring proficiency as a 17-year-old at Molde, and later Salzburg. But man, he scores a shit ton of goals. He even scored a comical 9 goals in the controversial friendly against Honduras  His ability to hold off and barge through defenders is something else. Can't fault his finishing ability, either. Not a bad player, at all.

inb4 omg you reek of bias hes just a farmer


I am not totally sure how the Red Bull FC machine works, but I think it is a kind of pyramid scheme with Leipzig on the top and the rest feeding them?  So, I guess it means that Haaland will be joining Red Bull Leipzig in January or maybe earlier if they can somehow convince UEFA that they are all part of the same club.  

I assume if Red Bull New York, Ghana or Brazil have a new starlet, they can come up at anytime.  I also assume the American coaching Casino Red Bull Vodka mixer Salzburg was at Red Bull New York. I get the feeling he drinks a lot of Red Bull and Vodka.

What I dont get is if Red Bull is an Austrian company, why isnt Salzburg the main team?


These are all very good questions. I also always wondered how the 'original' Red Bull team, Salzburg, feels about feeding Leipzig, of all places.
But I guess the appeal, sporting and marketing wise, of a top4 league is what makes the difference.

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28101
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by CBarca on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Salzburg isn't the main team precisely because they're Austrian.

I don't really understand the whole Red Bull thing, but if you're going to have multiple teams, you aren't picking your main brand exposure to be an Austrian football club

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 17823
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Unique on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:53 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:the napoli pen was funny though. stevie wonder could see that was a dive ffs. but still we turn up and play these mugs and treat them like they are peps barca team. we should be turning these fools over.


Klopp out IMO
cheers

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15890
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Arquitecto on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:59 pm

@CBarca wrote:Salzburg isn't the main team precisely because they're Austrian.

I don't really understand the whole Red Bull thing, but if you're going to have multiple teams, you aren't picking your main brand exposure to be an Austrian football club


Red Bull is Austrian though and only natural Salzburg would accept the mass amounts of money the brand would pay them to fly their colours as I doubt any top to mid-table club in top leagues would ever do just that, as in accept that brand as their sigil.

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 504px-Zazpiak_Bat.svg
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 9120
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:14 pm

The Red Bull headquarters is at Salzburg so

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28101
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Nishankly on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Genk able to hold on for the first 25 mins. Milik hitting the post.

More worried about facing Haland. Think this game will be high scoring game unless they smash us with the underdog confidence, we've been on their side so many times I can imagine.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 17881
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Unique on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:27 pm

@Nishankly wrote:Genk able to hold on for the first 25 mins. Milik hitting the post.

More worried about facing Haland. Think this game will be high scoring game unless they smash us with the underdog confidence, we've been on their side so many times I can imagine.
we should be smashing this team tonight tbh.

_________________
Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15890
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Nishankly on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Haaland on the bench, good tactic saving him from our scouts hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 17881
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Nishankly on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:48 pm

And right on cue, Napoli drop points against Genk. Ancelotti is a Mourinho type fraud ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 17881
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2019/20 | Group E - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League 2019/20 | Group E

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum