Warrior
Mr Nick09
The Demon of Carthage
rincon
Firenze
34 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours and News 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours and News 2019

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:18 pm

Mkhitaryan is a hard worker who is still capable of scoring goals. He isn't finished but has gone really inconsistent. I think he will be better in Serie A than the PL.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours and News 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours and News 2019

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:24 pm

For the skill-set he possesses and how complete he is in so many areas including his understanding of the game I find it odd he has regressed as quickly as he has.

Obviously a confidence issue or just needs a new environment as otherwise he has been relatively productive statistically.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:57 pm

What i like about him is that he never gives up even if he is having a shit match. He will always be involved in play and doesn't go into hiding.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:05 pm

Still absolutely no comparison to the fantastic Mkhitaryan of Tuchel's BVB, and frankly not even the unfortunate first two BVB seasons.
His touch is poor, his dribblings unsuccessful, his passing erratic.
He's a shell of his former self.

Watzke was right, a player that took so long to find his form and get his confidence up shouldn't have left the moment he was doing well.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Anyway, what's been going on today? Anything I missed apart from Mkhi?

Did any noteworthy transfers still happen? Where did Neymar end up after all??
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm

typical OM... we signed someone! We did we did we did!!! Some bloke from Nantes who isn't over 30 years old and won't need social security soon!!!!

But then again, we can't agree on the resale split so maybe not.

His name is Rongier and, really, what difference was he going to make anyhow. We preferred to spend millions on Villas Boas.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Heard there's nothing to that.

Hans vs Falk let's go

Hans 1 Falk 0
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:19 pm

The fact that Villas Boas STILL demands so much after being a total failure since his Porto days is insane.

So him and stupid monotone husky voice has to level his expectations this isn't Zenit.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:22 pm

Arquitescu wrote:The fact that Villas Boas STILL demands so much after being a total failure since his Porto days is insane.

So him and stupid monotone husky voice has to level his expectations this isn't Zenit.

The "scouting" at OM only recognizes names they've seen in the newspapers... I feel bad for the fans. They deserve better than what the club gives them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Heard there's nothing to that.

Hans vs Falk let's go

Hans 1 Falk 0
how long did it take you to find this post? good on you

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:30 pm

regarding Icardi... PSG have no backup CF and Cavani is getting injured A LOT the past 2 seasons. They had to do something.

Honestly, not a bad summer for PSG.

Herrera, Sarabia, Icardi, Gueye, Navas and Diallo. Not losing Neymar.

Leonardo is bringing some semblance of structure and logic back to the club.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:34 pm

We' re gonna win Ligue One now Proud @farfan
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:58 pm

Hmm, apparently the Mkhi move is a dry loan. Just like the Smalling one. Low risk for us and a chance for him to restart his career.

One thing that I find interesting about this move is that due to him playing for Shakhtar and given Fonseca's tactics are very similar to Lucescu's before him.....this suits Mkhi as he'll have experience playing in this system. That bodes well for him and us.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:59 pm

Mercato winners?

Atletico for me, some shrewd business
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:03 am

Myesyats wrote:Icardi to PSG and Neymar to Barca today is the defining day

You didn't take your pills today, huh
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 am

McLewis wrote:Hmm, apparently the Mkhi move is a dry loan. Just like the Smalling one. Low risk for us and a chance for him to restart his career.

One thing that I find interesting about this move is that due to him playing for Shakhtar and given Fonseca's tactics are very similar to Lucescu's before him.....this suits Mkhi as he'll have experience playing in this system. That bodes well for him and us.

I mean, there had to be a reason taking what is a player who is a shadow of himself for 2+ seasons aside from the ambidexterity reason I mentioned.

IF he can bring him back to what he was then you have a high goalscorering midfielder who does not show many limits at all given his wide array of skillset.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:22 am

Bruno Fernandes rofl, what those portuguese agents do is truly disgusting.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:49 am

I knew it all along the Sporting president/owner w/e said they had big offers from big clubs all summer..sad thing is, it worked in drumming up a frenzy with fanbases, especially United's. Even after the club put out press briefings that we weren't interested in the slightest. I called it fairly early into the transfer window - although I mantain his profile was one that we would have benefited from greatly, but tbh there's no way a guy that was a scrub then does well in the Portuguese league should be fetching 60m anyway.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:53 am

Arquitescu wrote:
McLewis wrote:Hmm, apparently the Mkhi move is a dry loan. Just like the Smalling one. Low risk for us and a chance for him to restart his career.

I mean, there had to be a reason taking what is a player who is a shadow of himself for 2+ seasons aside from the ambidexterity reason I mentioned.

IF he can bring him back to what he was then you have a high goalscorering midfielder who does not show many limits at all given his wide array of skillset.

See, that's why I like this move. Fonseca's system is one of familiarity for Mkhi. He became a star under this system so it's one I imagine he's comfortable in. I hope he can re-discover himself in this system because of that. From what I've read in this thread, his form is bad down to a lack of confidence. Maybe playing in a system he knows can help him find that confidence again.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:00 am

Firenze wrote:I knew it all along the Sporting president/owner w/e said they had big offers from big clubs all summer..sad thing is, it worked in drumming up a frenzy with fanbases, especially United's. Even after the club put out press briefings that we weren't interested in the slightest. I called it fairly early into the transfer window - although I mantain his profile was one that we would have benefited from greatly, but tbh there's no way a guy that was a scrub then does well in the Portuguese league should be fetching 60m anyway.
and they said they turned down some 70 mil from Spurs lol, if they really had such an offer they would have taken it in a second
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:44 am

Casciavit wrote:

The GOAT.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:07 am

Casciavit wrote:

Awesome.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:09 pm

McLewis wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

See, that's why I like this move. Fonseca's system is one of familiarity for Mkhi. He became a star under this system so it's one I imagine he's comfortable in. I hope he can re-discover himself in this system because of that. From what I've read in this thread, his form is bad down to a lack of confidence. Maybe playing in a system he knows can help him find that confidence again.

Mkhi wasn't at Shakhtar anymore when Fonseca became manager there though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

Mkhi wasn't at Shakhtar anymore when Fonseca became manager there though

Correct, Lucescu was coach at that time. However, Fonseca is an adherent of Lucescu's style of football. So much so that Lucescu (jokingly, perhaps?) quipped that he taught Fonseca all that he knows.

I would imagine Mkhi will find Fonseca's system very similar, if not identical, to Lucescu's. That's the hope at least.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next