Mr Nick09
adnyana179
cyberman
FalcaoPunch
shaven
117 posters

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 42 Empty Re: la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by Doc Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 4:01

Owen was legit good for us, really a shame Raul, who really was doing fk all, always had to play. I didn't mind of course, I was very much part of the Raulistas but Owen did well for what (little) time he was given.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 42 Empty Re: la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by Freeza Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 4:42

Wait... Owen was 24 when we signed him?

Holy shit that's an early decline for a player his caliber. That injury in 2006 probably killed him totally though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 6:41

Doc wrote:Owen was legit good for us, really a shame Raul, who really was doing fk all, always had to play. I didn't mind of course, I was very much part of the Raulistas but Owen did well for what (little) time he was given.

Players peak and decline at different ages, and some improve more than others over the course of their respective transitions from adolescence and into veteran player status, which is why I often think it's silly when people assume that young prospects will become GOAT 5-10 years in the future, based on the assumption that they will definitely hit their prime and become twice as good in their late 20s. Seems more like wishful than logical thinking to me, but I suppose it's human, or at least fanboy nature to believe in the best possible outcome hmm Just talking in general terms here. Owen's career was definitely cut short by his injury, and transferring to Real Madrid was not a good move for his career.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 22:29

While I totally agree with what you wrote Thimmy, I don't think my post had much to do with peak and decline lol. But yes, agreed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 22:41

Doc wrote:While I totally agree with what you wrote Thimmy, I don't think my post had much to do with peak and decline lol. But yes, agreed.

I wasn't necessarily referring to your post, but I see a lot of people raise the question, "what if..." whenever Owen is brought up. As if, he definitely would have had a longer career, or a higher peak, under different circumstances. It wasn't the club's fault that he's an explosive player, and kept getting himself injured. It's a shame that a heavily declining Raul was prioritized ahead of him, but I don't believe that Real Madrid hindered his progress to the point where his potential wasn't fulfilled, or anything along those lines Razz

I also think it's silly that people still expect players who peak early, to keep improving until they're in their late 20s. Surely, the constant stream of young peakers who ultimately don't amount to anything significant, should indicate that players don't peak at a set age, or improve at the same pace.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 8:30

I thought this old article was pretty interesting, in retrospect. Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if some things were lost in translation.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spanish-football/2009/05/25/1286020/zinedine-zidane-i-prefer-franck-ribery-over-cristiano
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 14:11

i didn't know where else to post this; but whilst cristiano has a valid case its ridiculous how his friends and family go at everyone when he doesn't get awards. they need to understand its not a good look on him and besides it won't change anything. i get it, they want him to get past messi and all that, but other people like griezman for example also have a legit case (for the record griezmann lets people know it lol), but this emotional rants are unbecoming. and whether or not he approves of it, it isn't a good look on him, though i doubt he cares

the only reason one can give them a pass, is , its not like he only scored 3 league goals from open play and they are on the internet crying everyday about a robbery like a broken record. yes, he scored a bunch of goals, but the rants are not necessary......for the record griezmann might have been my pick.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 17:27

Yea, the comments from his family are ridiculous.

He can't say it publicly, so he let's them do it.

Doesn't make the people voting feel any way. In fact this works against him.

I don't think he'll win another big individual award though.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 18:12

Ronaldo's only redeeming quality is that he is a great football player... the guy is a total douche otherwise.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 20:29

The funny thing is, he didn't even lose it to Messi. He lost to his former teammate who had a pretty strong claim and an amazing year and who hadn't won the award, not even once, while he has racked up five already.

I'm not sure whether he's okay with what his sister did, but the latter should really keep quiet because she's causing her brother more harm than good.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 20:57

Apparently Ronaldo was invited to the Bernabeu to watch the Super Clasico but declined

If we meet Juve in the CL this season the games are going to be explosive. Ronaldo v Perez, the players v Ronaldo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 21:03

If we meet Jjuve in the CL this season and lose, I'm done with football.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 21:07

The Demon of Carthage wrote:The funny thing is, he didn't even lose it to Messi. He lost to his former teammate who had  a pretty strong claim and an amazing year and who hadn't won the award, not even once, while he has racked up five already.

I'm not sure whether he's okay with what his sister did, but the latter should really keep quiet because she's causing her brother more harm than good.

I've discussed Cristiano Ronaldo with a few Portuguese people I've met while traveling abroad. It's a typical ice breaker, whenever I meet someone who's from Portugal. I was surprised that a lot of them seem to dislike both him and his family for supposedly being rowdy and obnoxious, attention whores. One guy referred to them as "low class", which I thought sounded pretty sensationalist, but the family really doesn't seem to have a good rep over there.

As for losing to Juve in the CL - as much as I'd hate for that to happen, they certainly look fresher, more consistent, and significantly more offensively dangerous than us. I think it's possible for us to beat them, considering the tendency in our core players to step up their game in the most challenging CL games, but I'll keep my expectations tempered for now. Ultimately, I think it will boil down to which side wants to win the most, moreso than a difference in individual quality.

Last edited by Thimmy on Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 21:13; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 21:11

halamadrid2 wrote:Apparently Ronaldo was invited to the Bernabeu to watch the Super Clasico but declined

If we meet Juve in the CL this season the games are going to be explosive. Ronaldo v Perez, the players v Ronaldo

Trust Me Ramos will do everything he can to stop him. and by stop him you know what i mean.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 21:14

Mamad wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Apparently Ronaldo was invited to the Bernabeu to watch the Super Clasico but declined

Trust Me Ramos will do everything he can to stop him. and by stop him you know what i mean.

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 42 Hqdefault_604fcc9a-80ea-42c6-805f-a02176b32cf4_1024x1024
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 23:42

Imagine worrying about facing CR ffs

Guy can't get past a traffic cone let alone Ramos looking for murder. I'm not worried about him when we play Juve, I'm worried about playing against Juve, losing to them with him nowhere to be seen and watch his fanboys tell us how bad we are without him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 1:06

not the right thread, but to me, its a sham to have a copa libetadores final in madrid, europe or anywhere but south america
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 1:35

titosantill wrote:not the right thread, but to me, its a sham to have a copa libetadores final in madrid, europe or anywhere but south america

it's all about the money
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 2:08

titosantill wrote:not the right thread, but to me, its a sham to have a copa libetadores final in madrid, europe or anywhere but south america

Yeah I never thought that would have ever happen, quite frankly, it was never a thought. But here we are.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 2:55

I wouldn't rule out a bomb threat happening before the game starts at the Bernabeu, so that they have to go play in Antarctica or something.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 7:32

I admire Ronaldo's attitude, work ethic, and discipline. It's why i'm a fan of his. Grace in defeat is something he needs to learn however. Don't think he's a bad person but he is one hell of a sore loser.

He's a family man so no way is he gonna refute what his sisters said. Loyal to a fault.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 9:28

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 42 Ddb166577f26e9cc4f58696754c823830e2bd4164e24e182c9a063f083238c49

utter cnut he is, isn't he ? can't shut up
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 11:20

Is he talking about himself? cuz as long as i remember he was the one with the biggest ego. and when he didn't score he was mad.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 13:35

He's definitely talking about himself
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 13:59

The Donald Trump of football.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 17:18

I would always read about how Di Stefano, for a long time, was very very VERY bitter about the way he basically got kicked out of Real Madrid. I see Ronaldo is going through the same motions with just some more ego sprinkled on top of that cake.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next