DagenhamDave
RED
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Luis Nani Empty Luis Nani

Post by RED Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Luis Nani FC+Barcelona+v+Manchester+United+eg1xKpcVmiVl

Looks like he is gonna be going into the new season just where he left off before he had that horrible injury which affected his confidence towards the 2nd half of last season.

He has been very impressive in pre season and the game V Barca, he played like he had a point to prove and was prolly our best player( just edging Cleverley and Welbeck).

His dribbling, passing and more surprisingly, his pace, has all improved. Not to mention he bagged 2 goals with clinical finshing too. Great to see.

For the new season, I expect him to have an even better one than last season, but this time, I expect him to be an even bigger goal threat and bang in at least 15 goals and get 20+ assists.

So what are your expectations for Nani next season?

PS. lulz at the rumours that we are thinking of selling our players' player of the year this summer.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Luis Nani Empty Re: Luis Nani

Post by DagenhamDave Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 pm

he has been most impressive in the pre-season tour. lets hope he doesn't come up against carragher again this season.
his development at united has been very similar to that of cr7 except for nani has taken a little longer to become the player we all knew he could be. just cut out the selfishness and he'll be great. his decision making has gotten alot better too judging by the pre season.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:47 pm

This is what I love seeing. The vast improvement in his game, and he is only gonna get better.

He will be WC...imo, he is just on the verge of being WC. Just for the fact he can carry team like United ( remember last season during the Rooney turmoil). He can create a bit of magic when we need him.

Now we need Anderson to step up just like Nani has. Ando has been brilliant in pre season too.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:05 pm

i honestly hope ando can step it up. i think he needs more desire he's a bit too light hearted. if fergie gives him a good run of games this year which he has never had at united, maybe we will see him living up to all the hype when we bought him. he's strong, powerful consistently owns fabregas when he plays, SAF should deploy him as more of an attacking playmaker and leave the defensive stuff to fletch, park or carrick.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Let's not forget also, this is the first proper pre season Anderson has had with United. Could do him a world of good. let's hope so anyways.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmManUnited Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Always had faith in him even when he was on the verge of leaving, smh at some of u , i remember some saying thank god lets sell him and get whatever we cant for him at this point...
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Nani's patience on the ball and ability to create chances is so big for us, gives us more dynamic attack, can't just focus on wazza
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 pm

He needs to start playing in the big games, he deserves to.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:31 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:He needs to start playing in the big games, he deserves to.

He will in all honestly. The fact he and Val are up against each other for the RM position will be a good motivation for both of them and will benefit the team.

For me, depending how quickly Young adapts on the left, I think nani will start ahead of Valencia. Nani is our best winger.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:

He will in all honestly. The fact he and Val are up against each other for the RM position will be a good motivation for both of them and will benefit the team.

For me, depending how quickly Young adapts on the left, I think nani will start ahead of Valencia. Nani is our best winger.

yo but we are selling him to JUVE remember LOL Twisted Evil :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:05 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

yo but we are selling him to JUVE remember LOL Twisted Evil :coffee:

Whoever came up with that rumour should get his head seriously examined.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 am

we'll see. ferguson said he is available for transfer if the price is right. if you look at the statistics for nani this season he has NOT had a good season. you paid 28 mill€ for him when you signed him, think i heard ferguson was asking for something between 20 and 25 mill € now.. you might have to sell him if you want to get sneijder.. you guys have poor economy - remember? :coffee:

FORZA JUVE
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:52 am

LWL91 wrote:we'll see. ferguson said he is available for transfer if the price is right. if you look at the statistics for nani this season he has NOT had a good season. you paid 28 mill€ for him when you signed him, think i heard ferguson was asking for something between 20 and 25 mill € now.. you might have to sell him if you want to get sneijder.. you guys have poor economy - remember? :coffee:

FORZA JUVE

We have the funds to sign Sneijder. It doesn't make any sense to weaken our team by selling one our best players.

Nani being linked to many teams right now, I just wanna know where this has come from. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:20 am

LWL91 wrote:we'll see. ferguson said he is available for transfer if the price is right. if you look at the statistics for nani this season he has NOT had a good season. you paid 28 mill€ for him when you signed him, think i heard ferguson was asking for something between 20 and 25 mill € now.. you might have to sell him if you want to get sneijder.. you guys have poor economy - remember? :coffee:

FORZA JUVE

lol can't believe people believe this ridiculous stuff....had a poor season? what stats are you looking at?

your support for the club and dyer need for a player like Nani is clouding out logic, it makes absolutely no sense for us to sell him
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 am

sure Juventus needs him, but that is not the reason i claim he has had a poor season? why would he be benched against barcelona in the finals if he is that good a player? you guys have a very strong team, and in turin we are currently building something to get back to the glory days, so yes.. we need a player like nani, but if he remains with united and has another bad season i see it most unlikely we will splash for him next year. you guys can sell him to a fairly good price now and have sneijder or keep him and sneijder will remain in seria a. in fact i tip the possibility that sneijder will come the same as if nani would join juventus.. sneijder is not a CM btw, he can not take scholes' old duties at all...?
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:22 pm

LWL91 wrote:sure Juventus needs him, but that is not the reason i claim he has had a poor season? why would he be benched against barcelona in the finals if he is that good a player? you guys have a very strong team, and in turin we are currently building something to get back to the glory days, so yes.. we need a player like nani, but if he remains with united and has another bad season i see it most unlikely we will splash for him next year. you guys can sell him to a fairly good price now and have sneijder or keep him and sneijder will remain in seria a. in fact i tip the possibility that sneijder will come the same as if nani would join juventus.. sneijder is not a CM btw, he can not take scholes' old duties at all...?

first of all, go have a look at Nani stats and watch a United game before saying he had a bad season, he was left outta the Finals because Valencia and Park are better defensively, and you need player who can tackle against barcelona, and not to mention he was given are player of the year award by his fellow teammates....terrible season he had :coffee:

Your Sneijder comments are ridiculous, and i'm sure Sir Alex Ferguson has been chasing a player who can't play CM :coffee: ....i'll take his judgement over yours, Sneijders passing ability and ability on the ball allows him to play any role in the midfield besides a defensive one. just because Inter in the past have used him as a adavanced role behind the strikers doesn't mean he can't play elsewhere, Inter are changing his role this year if he stays with there new coach
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylar Stern Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 am

I love how when Nani is on form Manchester United is at its dynamic and incisive best. Remember earlier last season, when Nani used to stroll up to the opposing defender and with two movements be flying passed the hapless defender allowing him to send in a good ball or go for goal.

As for his development, it has been extremely steep and encouraging to watch. However, if he improves his decision making further and be more clinical in front of goal he will be a world beater. Last season the only criticism I had was that he wasted quite a few gilt edged chances.

Nani, Young and Valencia - there is a reason United's iwng play is considered among the best in the world.
Kylar Stern
Kylar Stern
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Kylar Stern wrote:I love how when Nani is on form Manchester United is at its dynamic and incisive best. Remember earlier last season, when Nani used to stroll up to the opposing defender and with two movements be flying passed the hapless defender allowing him to send in a good ball or go for goal.

As for his development, it has been extremely steep and encouraging to watch. However, if he improves his decision making further and be more clinical in front of goal he will be a world beater. Last season the only criticism I had was that he wasted quite a few gilt edged chances.

Nani, Young and Valencia - there is a reason United's iwng play is considered among the best in the world.

That's what I love about his play, the fact that he can shoot with both feet makes him so unpredictable...much more lethal than say..Robben, who relies so much on his left foot.

It benefitted him so much last season cuz defenders would be unsure whether he would cut in or not, allowing Nani to either whip in a cross or shoot at goal and score.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylar Stern Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:52 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Kylar Stern wrote:I love how when Nani is on form Manchester United is at its dynamic and incisive best. Remember earlier last season, when Nani used to stroll up to the opposing defender and with two movements be flying passed the hapless defender allowing him to send in a good ball or go for goal.

That's what I love about his play, the fact that he can shoot with both feet makes him so unpredictable...much more lethal than say..Robben, who relies so much on his left foot.

It benefitted him so much last season cuz defenders would be unsure whether he would cut in or not, allowing Nani to either whip in a cross or shoot at goal and score.

Totally agree however I pose a question for you. Do you agree that Nani is far more comfortable on the right than he is on the left? I felt that his injury coupled with him forced to play on the left, contributed to his dip in form.

Another point to make about Nani: he is NOT the next CR7. Ronaldo has always been a forward rather than a winger in my eyes, whilst I think that Nani is a winger to the core. He likes to play wide, beating his man and feeding the forwards. Yes he does shoot frequently however he creates chances (either for himself or others) but rarely is a finisher like Ronaldo who is played in by his teamates.
Kylar Stern
Kylar Stern
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:44 am

Which horrible injury?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Interesting seeing Valencia have more assists - eight - than Nani in less games. He started the season off poorly, granted he wasn't in action that much. All this talk about him losing a yard of pace has been rubbished now, surely. I love Valencia, he's one of those players you simply can't hate. He is predictable, some of us treat it like it's a bad aspect, yet he manages to tear left backs apart with his power and space. In addition to this, compared to Nani, he is more direct and is more effective when drilling in low ball. It's debatable whether he is the better crosser.

Nani is the most technically gifted player in the squad. He's brushed up on so many aspects of his game, since 2009, where he looked destined to leave. His crossing is beautiful, especially when he picks out an area as opposed to crossing it straight to a specific striker. He's more dynamic and unpredictable. Take the Barcelona game where Valencia couldn't cope, his predictability was the reason for his poor performance. Nani is more versatile, can play as a right winger, left winger, or even as a central attacking midfielder, which we have seen him play in a couple of games, against Aston Villa and Wigan. However, we can get more out of Nani if he is allowed freedom, and Nani can make himself better if his decision making improves.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Good news is that Nani is available for selection against Chelsea on Sunday.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 pm

get in, now i dont have to sit through 90 mins of ji sung falling over whenever he gets the ball.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Haha, there is still a possibility that Park might start, we need his industriousness, but if Nani is match fit then I would like to see him on the left, with Valencia operating on the right, it's our best combination, even though Nani is predictable down the left.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Gladiator wrote:Good news is that Nani is available for selection against Chelsea on Sunday.

Luis Nani 204
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next